Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057124 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43560 on: June 28, 2022, 07:53:35 AM »
Rn is m looking at the ex wife (prostitute rat) of the scum bag who invaded my home in 2005.

I just was skating from the dr to Starbucks and she and here disgusting friends are posted up in front of dunks swampscott vinin square. Begging for change.

She approached me as I was rolling by. Had my mask on. She said

“Excuse me but do you happen….

I said NO! And rolled by.

Instantly I’m like yo I need some payback for that court shit she did to me. I should call 911 and say she soliciting me for prostitution.  Yes that’s the one officer. 

Stupid bitch’s husband kicked in my door with a razor scooter and beat me over the head with my cane while I was half crippled and coming down off a heavy lsd trip.

Because I would not pen the door for them.

I had to use lethal force to protect myself.

I went to jail. My house got raided for graffiti 2 days later and I went to jail again because she was so upset that her husband almost killed Himself by invading my home.

She had never seen me do graffiti and she had no idea with my name was. She just knew people called me a king at that time.

She went States evidence they helped her lie I was convicted. 

I’d be all the other charges for defending myself in my houseI had also refused to help the state bring home invasion charges against the fucker who was also abusing his family.

Still she wanted to get me because he went to jail that day for other non related things.

Anyway I can still sleep at night knowing I didn’t get payback by using the system against anyone ever.

I’m lightly stoked I didn’t do it

Surly she is gone by now after making this post. How satisfying would it have been to watch her get cuffed and stuffed into a cop car.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #43561 on: June 28, 2022, 09:23:41 PM »
Made my own salsa with blistered tomatoes, onion, garlic, and rehydrated ancho chilis today. Stoked on that, changed the game when making Mexican dishes for me.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #43562 on: June 29, 2022, 03:56:10 PM »
Coedo Hefeweizen.
It’s incredible.

Justis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #43563 on: June 29, 2022, 11:35:40 PM »
Laird Brunson

jakedilla

• Rep: 12
« Reply #43564 on: July 01, 2022, 03:23:17 PM »
A while back I kinda fell out of skating, work, life, some depression, etc all started getting in the way.

Yesterday I skated for the first time in over 2 years and despite the heat and lack of fitness kicking my ass it was the most fun I’ve had in a long time. Stoked on skating again and it feels wonderful.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #43565 on: July 01, 2022, 05:56:16 PM »
A while back I kinda fell out of skating, work, life, some depression, etc all started getting in the way.

Yesterday I skated for the first time in over 2 years and despite the heat and lack of fitness kicking my ass it was the most fun I’ve had in a long time. Stoked on skating again and it feels wonderful.

That rules. Congrats.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #43566 on: July 01, 2022, 10:43:48 PM »

Nice, good to hear.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43567 on: July 02, 2022, 07:58:19 PM »
Considering the context, and my dislike of most social media, I just got to have a conversation via Instagram with one of my favorite modern folk singers, where we talked about one of our favorite old time folk singers.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #43568 on: July 02, 2022, 10:07:11 PM »
A white couple just told me that they heard me sing a karaoke rap song years ago (before the pandemic), and when I sang it I replaced all the n-words with "homey," and it changed the way that they looked at how a white person should sing along to rap music by just replacing a couple of syllables. Since then, they say, they've altered the way they recite hip hop music.

Seems simple and obvious, but it made me stoked nonetheless.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43569 on: July 03, 2022, 03:15:16 AM »
A white couple just told me that they heard me sing a karaoke rap song years ago (before the pandemic), and when I sang it I replaced all the n-words with "homey," and it changed the way that they looked at how a white person should sing along to rap music by just replacing a couple of syllables. Since then, they say, they've altered the way they recite hip hop music.

What was the song and what's your go to at karaoke?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #43570 on: July 03, 2022, 04:26:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What was the song and what's your go to at karaoke?

Idk they didn't specify the song. The bank of rap songs is weird (and it's on some system service so you can't request anything -- it's either there or it's not), mostly mainstream fare like "Empire State of Mind" by Jay Z or "Bow Down" by Westside Connection, lotta Drake, Lil Wayne, Eminem. But then they have kinda ug singles such as Naughty By Nature's "Craziest" and Nas's "Made You Look". Things get added occasionally: I was stoked when "Or Nah", "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted" and "Passin Me By" got put on recently.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43571 on: July 04, 2022, 09:11:14 PM »
@EdLawndale

that's dope, homie!

today was a good day. pup turned 6 months and we drove the lousy, bouncy old van down 100+ miles of windy, hill roads and she loved it. This is a dog that's hated vehicles and gotten sick/anxious as can be in them on trips to the store, let along all day drives in the country, in the van. made it to this real special grove of old growth redwoods, hiked an abandoned railroad bridge over the river and got a glorious view in the rain. went back to the van, took a nap, drove home. To top it off, the puppy doesn't care one way or the other about fireworks. very stoked
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #43572 on: July 04, 2022, 09:17:05 PM »
Considering the context, and my dislike of most social media, I just got to have a conversation via Instagram with one of my favorite modern folk singers, where we talked about one of our favorite old time folk singers.
Was it about John Prine?

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #43573 on: July 07, 2022, 10:43:16 PM »
We just got Nr.1 and 2. in NHL draft, with Slafkovsky and Nemec. I mean, what the fuck, this is so tight.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #43574 on: July 08, 2022, 06:50:08 PM »
Finally found that same There Will Be Blood vintage tee that Vincent Touzery was wearing. Time to lowball the bastard and get it on the low

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43575 on: July 08, 2022, 10:42:25 PM »
These are both coming out this month and I'm excited to see them on the big screen if Covid doesn't fuck that up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtQycgMD4HQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In8fuzj3gck&t=2s

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #43576 on: July 08, 2022, 10:51:59 PM »
These are both coming out this month and I'm excited to see them on the big screen if Covid doesn't fuck that up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtQycgMD4HQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In8fuzj3gck&t=2s

What was the last Jurassic Park movie you enjoyed?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43577 on: July 09, 2022, 12:52:21 AM »

Jurassic World was fun with the invisible indominus rex fucking shit up and the general comic mayhem of the dinosaurs killing everyone (especially the pterodactyls. The one after that was complete garbage though.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #43578 on: July 09, 2022, 01:21:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jurassic World was fun with the invisible indominus rex fucking shit up and the general comic mayhem of the dinosaurs killing everyone (especially the pterodactyls. The one after that was complete garbage though.
I think it's important to remember these aren't meant to be real thinkers. Come in with low expectations and watch some dinos smash people. (That said I haven't seen the new one yet)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43579 on: July 09, 2022, 02:28:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I think it's important to remember these aren't meant to be real thinkers. Come in with low expectations and watch some dinos smash people. (That said I haven't seen the new one yet)

Hah yeah the one where the government wanted to train raptors to hunt Al Qaeda in caves will never be confused as a thinking person’s movie.   

What frustrates me is thst JP has arguably had one good movie (not to undersell JP1 which was phenomenal and Dinos only had 22 MINsof screen time!) followed by 4-5 stinkers and that franchise is immune, whilst other franchises do not get a fraction of that leeway and at least are trying to tell a bit more complicated of a story.   (Though now that I think about it, I guess this is just a family friendly horror film which similarly never really has to deal with much scrutiny to remain popular) 

I also think it’s hilarious what a lucky MF Michael Crichton was to write Westworld then re-write Westworld and swap dinos in for robots and no one ever gave a shit.   

Anyways, I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade or dissuade them what they like (except for Dwayne Johnson movies) - it makes me happy that the domestic and international film industry is steadily rebounding.   It’s just one of those inexplicable things like the basic ass Queen movie getting Oscars and the original/interesting Elton John movie getting ignored (EJ director had to finish Q movie too) that I put too much energy into thinking about

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #43580 on: July 09, 2022, 02:48:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Hah yeah the one where the government wanted to train raptors to hunt Al Qaeda in caves will never be confused as a thinking person’s movie.   

What frustrates me is thst JP has arguably had one good movie (not to undersell JP1 which was phenomenal and Dinos only had 22 MINsof screen time!) followed by 4-5 stinkers and that franchise is immune, whilst other franchises do not get a fraction of that leeway and at least are trying to tell a bit more complicated of a story.   (Though now that I think about it, I guess this is just a family friendly horror film which similarly never really has to deal with much scrutiny to remain popular) 

I also think it’s hilarious what a lucky MF Michael Crichton was to write Westworld then re-write Westworld and swap dinos in for robots and no one ever gave a shit.   

Anyways, I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade or dissuade them what they like (except for Dwayne Johnson movies) - it makes me happy that the domestic and international film industry is steadily rebounding.   It’s just one of those inexplicable things like the basic ass Queen movie getting Oscars and the original/interesting Elton John movie getting ignored (EJ director had to finish Q movie too) that I put too much energy into thinking about
To be fair to the other side the lost world was the first movie I ever saw where I was like ah hang on that doesn't even make sense. (How did the boat make it to the harbour if the entire crew is dead? Wouldn't the crew just like go inside where the t Rex couldn't get them? How come there's a hand hanging off a lever in a room a t Rex couldn't even get into?) And my dad being like it's just a fun movie with dinosaurs don't worry about it. And the third was first time I realised quality can be really different between movies.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43581 on: July 09, 2022, 03:17:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
To be fair to the other side the lost world was the first movie I ever saw where I was like ah hang on that doesn't even make sense. (How did the boat make it to the harbour if the entire crew is dead? Wouldn't the crew just like go inside where the t Rex couldn't get them? How come there's a hand hanging off a lever in a room a t Rex couldn't even get into?) And my dad being like it's just a fun movie with dinosaurs don't worry about it. And the third was first time I realised quality can be really different between movies.

My mom, to this day, hates the gymnastics scene in the trailer with a passion and she’s pretty even tempered.   

Eli Roth has a funny cameo at the beginning as a subway rider razzing Goldblum

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #43582 on: July 09, 2022, 04:55:26 AM »
Living tree root suspension bridges people grow/'build' in Northeast India, how fucking dope is this:

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43583 on: July 09, 2022, 05:24:56 AM »
Living tree root suspension bridges people grow/'build' in Northeast India, how fucking dope is this:

I would love to live in a treetop society like elves in a fantasy world

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #43584 on: July 09, 2022, 10:11:14 PM »
Recently recovered from an annoying ankle sprain and have been skating a lot more again despite taking on a lot more responsibility with my new living situation.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #43585 on: July 09, 2022, 11:51:09 PM »
Wordle 386 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #43586 on: July 10, 2022, 05:52:12 PM »
getting back into skating after a very long hiatus and relearned kickflips and tre flips my first day back on the deck.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43587 on: July 12, 2022, 01:53:30 AM »
Gave my buddy a set of his first Spitfire F4 wheels and he's loving them over the trash wheels he was riding. He pays zero attention to skate media and knows nothing about pro riders.

Him: "Thanks for the DOHSI wheels man, they slide great!"
Me: "Glad you like them, but the name is ISHOD, you're reading it upside down...."
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #43588 on: July 12, 2022, 03:42:28 AM »
Gave my buddy a set of his first Spitfire F4 wheels and he's loving them over the trash wheels he was riding. He pays zero attention to skate media and knows nothing about pro riders.

Me: "Glad you like them, but the name is ISHOD, you're reading it upside down...."

Lol that's a good one. What wheels was he riding prior to the F4?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43589 on: July 13, 2022, 05:41:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lol that's a good one. What wheels was he riding prior to the F4?

Blank wheels, serviceable but hadn't tasted the fire before. He still rides Destructo trucks unironically and the only 2 things he asks about decks are width (8.0") and graphic.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m