Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3059529 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1923
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43620 on: July 23, 2022, 06:33:02 AM »
Dumpster season is officially here. The end of July is when all the leases on the apartments that the foreign CMU students rent end. A lot of them are very quick to adapt to American culture so when they graduate they just throw everything in the dumpster and get on a plane back to wherever they came from. First score of the season - a non functional but parts rich gaming PC.

https://imgur.com/a/FxVGgwE

- They were at least smart enough to pull the video card and storage, but left the CPU and RAM.

-The mobo seems to be fried, can't get any bleeps or bloops out of it even with a different PSU. Tried clearing the CMOS but didn't pull and reseat the ram and chip yet, though im guessing that's futile. I'm an Intel guy so I can't test the CPU at the moment but it's a ryzen 7 2700. Not a bad chip at all but not really an upgrade over my skylake 6600k for the kind of stuff I do.

- Ram is 32gb (4 x 8gb) ddr4 3200. I have 32 in my box now, but as 2 16s so I'm going to test these out and maybe use them.

- Not sure what model the AIO is but it's got 3 big fucking fans on the radiator. I'm not sure if the mounts will work with my Intel mobo, but I used to have an AIO on it so hopefully I can rig something up between the 2 kits.

- 1000w corsair PSU. Waaayyyyy more power than I need so I might sell it if it works. It was kinda wet out so I'm letting it dry out before testing.

- NZXT case. This is the real reason I grabbed this. I have a fairly powerful pc but the case and cooling solutions are laughably ghetto. Like take the side off and point a desktop fan at it because your AIO is 5 years old and out of liquid ghetto. Not sure what model this power rangers looking thing is but it's heavy as shit. It's got a fuck ton of rgb and cable routing doodads on the backplate, I might just rip that out as flashing lights are annoying as fuck. 120mm case fan in the front panel and 3 on the top. I might not even use the AIO if this is quiet enough as I get really good temps with air cooling even under load. Gelid thermal paste is crazy good.

Worst case scenario here I got a massive case and cooling upgrade and some backup ram.

If any nerd pals want the mobo to test and maybe fix hit me up. It could be something simple, I don't fuck with them beyond clearing CMOS. Might give up the CPU too as I don't have any way to test it unless I find another one with a functional motherboard.

Ryzen 7 2700 and the RAM are a great find, find a cheap B450 ITX mobo (since it's past gen), a cheap GPU and you got a HTPC / gaming PC for the living room. AIO looks like a NZXT 360mm, thought it was a Corsair AIO because of the logo on the fans.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1472
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #43621 on: July 23, 2022, 09:08:07 AM »
Tai chi. Specifically Han Yuan 24 forms. If anyone starts a tai chi topic feel free to school this student.

artless

• Rep: 21
  • PFFT!
    • PFFT! skate stuff avatar image
« Reply #43622 on: July 23, 2022, 09:20:19 AM »
New deck grip artlessnes

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #43623 on: July 23, 2022, 08:11:00 PM »

Ryzen 7 2700 and the RAM are a great find, find a cheap B450 ITX mobo (since it's past gen), a cheap GPU and you got a HTPC / gaming PC for the living room. AIO looks like a NZXT 360mm, thought it was a Corsair AIO because of the logo on the fans.

I'm actually operating under the assumption they may have fried the chip now. The board is an ROG cross-hair 7 I believe, so it's a nice one if it's functional. I used the old paperclip trick on the PSU and got that working, but the board still won't POST and is throwing various CPU related q codes. I haven't had time to try cleaning and reseating it yet but it's such a pain to troubleshoot without knowing what happened or having a test board. I

I have a shitty old htpc Radeon card and a spare SSD I can throw in it if I get it running, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Likely just gonna use the case and cooling to make my build nicer. If I edited video or played games that used multicore then I would be a little more invested in fixing it, but 2700 single core performance is actually slower than my 5 year old 6600k I think.

AIO is an nzxt kraken I think, I didn’t look that hard. No idea why they switched to corsair fans (guessing for RGB) but I think they mounted them backwards unless they were doing some weird airflow shit.

WPG

• Rep: -3
« Reply #43624 on: July 23, 2022, 11:44:59 PM »
Slap probably hates Barstool Sports shjt but I beg any off you going thru tough shit to listen to this fucker we are all with you. DM anyone and everyone on this site or on any social media about something you are going thru someone will be there to listen and be there for you

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgX1EQRDtXD/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #43625 on: July 24, 2022, 01:48:35 AM »
Spent the night with a woman, in the morning she asked if she could put on some music, put on The Kinks.
I could fall hard for this one.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #43626 on: July 24, 2022, 03:38:22 AM »
Slap probably hates Barstool Sports shjt but I beg any off you going thru tough shit to listen to this fucker we are all with you. DM anyone and everyone on this site or on any social media about something you are going thru someone will be there to listen and be there for you

What’s Paddy have to do with Barstool?   

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #43627 on: July 24, 2022, 04:22:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He's on their payroll, idk what he does there.  I just know he makes more working for Barstool than he does fighting.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #43628 on: July 24, 2022, 09:02:15 AM »
This video warmed my heart.

https://youtu.be/VpfsgC209kQ

1986 was the year I fully committed to being a skater
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #43629 on: July 24, 2022, 02:32:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He's on their payroll, idk what he does there.  I just know he makes more working for Barstool than he does fighting.

Welp, that’s a bummer

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43630 on: July 28, 2022, 08:52:54 AM »
the smell of the desert rain .. does anyone know what im talking about
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43631 on: July 29, 2022, 11:36:51 AM »
i scored some m-audio studio monitors for 20 bucks. they sound good. my amp started to break down and now i don't even need one anymore.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43632 on: July 29, 2022, 01:41:31 PM »
I turn 28 in two weeks.   :)

PRISON IKE

• Rep: 37
  • Flex seal, but for genitalia
« Reply #43633 on: July 29, 2022, 02:21:32 PM »
That’s awesome happen early birthday! A lot of people bitch about getting older but it’s all about perspective. I actually take the time to pay attention when I am really enjoying life and make the most of things when I can. When I was younger I just didn’t appreciate anything and took too much for granted. Even thought I don’t skate as well as I could earlier in life I still get a ton of enjoyment out of it and just really appreciate being able to do something like skate a few times a week.
I’d skin my knee and palms so bad on my buddy’s jump ramp with that thing.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43634 on: July 29, 2022, 06:02:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That’s awesome happen early birthday! A lot of people bitch about getting older but it’s all about perspective. I actually take the time to pay attention when I am really enjoying life and make the most of things when I can. When I was younger I just didn’t appreciate anything and took too much for granted. Even thought I don’t skate as well as I could earlier in life I still get a ton of enjoyment out of it and just really appreciate being able to do something like skate a few times a week.
Thanks, man!
That’s how I’m feeling now. When I was 26-27, I was angry at myself for not being able to “keep up” like I used to. Now, I’m just happy with what I can do and love getting to push around.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1379
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43635 on: July 29, 2022, 09:23:14 PM »
my 7 month old puppy is wicked awesome. 50% GSD, 30% Husky, 20% Akita
temperament, intelligence, color, and shape of a GSD, size of a small female Husky (43lb), head shape of Akita. Dogs a great couch potato and sleeps in til I want to wake up, but also strong swimmer, hiker, will walk and explore all day in the woods, and is becoming a peach for in town and chilling at cafes/patios.

We're super stoked on the luck of the draw with this mountain mutt as it could have gone the other way. Glad to have picked the personable pup out of the litter ;D hitting strides in obedience as the bonding gets strong. she's a lot of work as she needs to be mentally stimulated but it's paying off right now. She's also getting over her car sickness, making life for all of us mad easier

Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #43636 on: August 01, 2022, 03:43:59 AM »
my 7 month old puppy is wicked awesome. 50% GSD, 30% Husky, 20% Akita
temperament, intelligence, color, and shape of a GSD, size of a small female Husky (43lb), head shape of Akita. Dogs a great couch potato and sleeps in til I want to wake up, but also strong swimmer, hiker, will walk and explore all day in the woods, and is becoming a peach for in town and chilling at cafes/patios.

We're super stoked on the luck of the draw with this mountain mutt as it could have gone the other way. Glad to have picked the personable pup out of the litter ;D hitting strides in obedience as the bonding gets strong. she's a lot of work as she needs to be mentally stimulated but it's paying off right now. She's also getting over her car sickness, making life for all of us mad easier

Congrats on getting the "right" dog lol I know it depends on how you raise them but their temperament play a huge role on how that dog will turn out

Plus, she's a beauty I don't think I've ever seen that mix

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1379
« Reply #43637 on: August 01, 2022, 12:13:10 PM »
Ya thanks, man. She's a good one with a lot of personality hahaha but really, her temperament is quite good. She's confident. Not like a working dog but she's got some alright drive. If I were an experienced trainer or had access to one, I think she'd be even better. No complaints here though. We just got in from a long walk and meeting cows...
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #43638 on: August 03, 2022, 10:40:47 AM »
I skated yesterday for the first time in like uhhh fuck, 9 months maybe, shittt. But it was fun as frick! And I almost nailed a new trick on the quarterpipe, a kickflip staple gun. I welcome your judgment of my dork trick selection but I am out of shape and rusty and must rely on the only arsenal I have left ;D Gonna get some fun clips as soon as I can start landing stuff again oh yesssss

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #43639 on: August 03, 2022, 10:48:59 AM »
I skated yesterday for the first time in like uhhh fuck, 9 months maybe, shittt. But it was fun as frick! And I almost nailed a new trick on the quarterpipe, a kickflip staple gun. I welcome your judgment of my dork trick selection but I am out of shape and rusty and must rely on the only arsenal I have left ;D Gonna get some fun clips as soon as I can start landing stuff again oh yesssss

Heck yeah, glad you’re out there having fun. I too have my loyal reserve tricks that stay with me through thick (literally) and thin. I don’t deserve them

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
« Reply #43640 on: August 04, 2022, 08:24:58 AM »
found a little flint hotspot on my hike yesterday, got a handful of cores and some bladelets.  mesolithic, so after uk ice age but pre-farming.  about 6-12 thousand years old, well chuffed.
https://imgur.com/a/6cK5zkd
Just thought about how stoked I was on your posts.

Any new cool finds @LB ??

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43641 on: August 04, 2022, 07:33:07 PM »
Landed my first Nollie Lipslide shove out a few days ago, and did a FS Board shove out too which I haven't done in 15 years. Lame but fun tricks, good to have a bag of these to throw our during skate to fuck with people.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43642 on: August 05, 2022, 12:42:06 PM »
Seeing Alex Jones' fall from "grace" has been such a highlight in a sea of bullshit. I hope he's raked across the coals until there's nothing left.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43643 on: August 05, 2022, 01:16:22 PM »

@Nicky Tamzarian hellyeah

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #43644 on: August 05, 2022, 03:58:12 PM »
Filoso is the shit. I want to do half no comply crook. Might have been fake big spin crook.

I’m going to work really hard at non compliance grinds at the curb this week.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #43645 on: August 05, 2022, 06:43:31 PM »
Been having way more fun on the board lately.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #43646 on: August 07, 2022, 06:37:18 PM »
Anyone else got access to Dall-E? I've been plugging some skateboarding prompts into it with awesome results  8)

"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #43647 on: August 07, 2022, 09:30:27 PM »
Can you run some prompts with Sauron skating? Would love to see some

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43648 on: August 08, 2022, 01:33:01 AM »
Anyone else got access to Dall-E? I've been plugging some skateboarding prompts into it with awesome results  8)

Why is the green dude pushing mongo
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #43649 on: August 08, 2022, 09:12:58 AM »
Got new teefs (temporary ones at least) a week and a half ago.

Was walking back from my skate break at work, caught a cute college girlie giving me the eyes, and was able to confidently smile back for the first time in years. Felt really, really fucking good.