Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057170 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43980 on: March 03, 2023, 07:26:26 PM »
Killed the Tv curbs today for like 2 hours. I got a bunch of fakie smiths and fakie nose grinds both ways. Some lines. Skeeted flat for a bit.
Nothing beats a long fakie smith and you go and finagle a sweet shifty feeling pop out to fakie.

I'd like to fakie v heels or fakie hard flip out. One is impossible for me probably. I'd definitely need a 7.75 some 147s with some 53 mm wheels to attempt one on flat. Probably someone to do them with me.

But yeah today was great.
I feel like completely centered in my universe when doing fakie lines onto granite. It's a religion to me almost.

The holy spirit of the original stoke.

I ran into a skate bud. He's a real mutha with the stunt wood. Helped him try and locate some housing.

Look at the glory of my perfectly worn in og 58s. I can't explain my joy with words here. This is definitely the best spit shape. I like them  a ittle more than radials. Still wish they was 101a tho.

https://youtu.be/slvGKU7HF6M

I think by this summer Ill get these wheels down to like 54 or less. Definitely by September.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43981 on: March 08, 2023, 07:04:00 AM »
Had a four day vacation from Saturday of last week until yesterday. Very refreshing and full of fun times. Got to skate street Saturday, ate shrooms with my partner in my backyard Sunday, chilled all day Monday, and skated again yesterday. All-in-all, I'm very satisfied with my time well-spent.

chronicbackpain

• Rep: 156
« Reply #43982 on: March 09, 2023, 01:17:45 PM »
My tax return was accepted. I feel like an idiot for having to file multiple times but the third time was a charm. I’m going to responsibly manage records of tax and medical-related documents going forward.

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43983 on: March 10, 2023, 09:10:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Well I've spent well over an hour tonight watching these weird MRE vids and loving every minute of it

I love that he looks like a young Michael Shannon and gets off so hard on this shit food lol.   Dude even has a Bruce Willis vinyl in his background, good man
[close]

it's funny how addictive these videos are, isn't it? his enthusiasm about all of this "shit food" is part of it--i love how after he's opened up whatever package and spread the stuff out, he always cuts real abruptly to the first meal laid out on the lunch tray, and everytime he does the cut, he starts with "nice"

i just watched this crazy one last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiUgyJdZYsg

edit: meant to say, i'm tripping on the tube of benzedrine in these British AF rations. and as pug said above, there is a lot of terrific history tied up into many of the rations and MREs, and this is actually a really interesting way to approach world history...

A little different take on the theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgOerucTJHc&list=PLRabojruVf3Yg4rEd_2-7m-k9XSrW9Mm-&index=2

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #43984 on: March 12, 2023, 08:38:34 PM »
Holy shit turns our KB and Nak aren't burnt out yet if you peep the thrasher story.

Although obviously kb on the decline but Nak is still a strong hucker

doublesteveburger

« Reply #43985 on: March 13, 2023, 09:18:42 AM »
just added my 300th skate video to my dvd collection and it so happens to be the video my friends and i made

destiny my dudes

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43986 on: March 13, 2023, 03:26:29 PM »
After a year and a half of dealing with crippling pain in my right knee, hip, and groin; I have finally figured out what's been causing it and have been actively working at improving it. I'm about 98% back to normal now, and feel like I have nearly full strength in my right leg. What made the biggest difference was literally just changing how I walk/stand; I used to walk with a very swinging gait from my right leg and stand with my feet splayed out like the opposite of being pigeon toed.
It's incredible and actually pretty funny how something so small and seemingly insignificant can make such a huge difference in quality of life.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1890
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43987 on: March 13, 2023, 06:16:53 PM »
After a year and a half of dealing with crippling pain in my right knee, hip, and groin; I have finally figured out what's been causing it and have been actively working at improving it. I'm about 98% back to normal now, and feel like I have nearly full strength in my right leg. What made the biggest difference was literally just changing how I walk/stand; I used to walk with a very swinging gait from my right leg and stand with my feet splayed out like the opposite of being pigeon toed.
It's incredible and actually pretty funny how something so small and seemingly insignificant can make such a huge difference in quality of life.

Stoked for ya, what was the cause of the pain? Just your gait? Or was it also shoes and sitting posture?

Did you correct it just by consciously telling yourself to adjust how you'd stand / walk?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43988 on: March 13, 2023, 07:26:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Stoked for ya, what was the cause of the pain? Just your gait? Or was it also shoes and sitting posture?

Did you correct it just by consciously telling yourself to adjust how you'd stand / walk?
It was a combination of many different things at first; slight pelvic tilt and extremely tight pelvic floor at first. I used kettle bells and did squats to rebuild my glutes, thighs, and quads to pull everything back into place. After that, I had no idea for months what was wrong. I could skate some, but not nearly as well as I used to. As my strength grew back, I started skating harder and more like my old self, but still felt off and uncomfortable.
Just recently, I realized I had been standing and walking unbalanced/strangely and thought to myself “what if I just stood and walked like this” and have been doing it ever since. At first it was a conscious effort, but now I just walk and stand like that regularly for the most part. Occasionally I’ll catch myself not doing it but I quickly correct myself. 

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43989 on: March 14, 2023, 01:40:50 PM »
had a pair of perfectly fine tiagos that i wore for work a couple times, then they started smelling like puke i think because i stepped into some milkproduct that would subsequently rot underneath the sole. it was like cement that smelled like puke/lactic acid. really disgusting. i was almost ready to throw them out. i think i might have saved them tho. it's like having a new pair of shoes. since all the shitty smell was coming from the sole(which is incredibly hard to clean btw, the ridges are so damn narrow, shit barely comes out unless you take a blade to it) i seem to have finally solved the problem for good. i'm not a 100% positive yet, but if it still doesn't smell bad in three days i might have cleaned it up. i'm not kidding, it took a couple turns of cleaning that sole, letting it soak and stuff.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43990 on: March 14, 2023, 06:53:56 PM »
This vid of a giant squid was pretty cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZxGGQc_hRI

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43991 on: March 14, 2023, 07:24:24 PM »
had a pair of perfectly fine tiagos that i wore for work a couple times, then they started smelling like puke i think because i stepped into some milkproduct that would subsequently rot underneath the sole. it was like cement that smelled like puke/lactic acid. really disgusting. i was almost ready to throw them out. i think i might have saved them tho. it's like having a new pair of shoes. since all the shitty smell was coming from the sole(which is incredibly hard to clean btw, the ridges are so damn narrow, shit barely comes out unless you take a blade to it) i seem to have finally solved the problem for good. i'm not a 100% positive yet, but if it still doesn't smell bad in three days i might have cleaned it up. i'm not kidding, it took a couple turns of cleaning that sole, letting it soak and stuff.
What are you using to clean it?  A toothbrush usually worked pretty well for me when I had my couple of pairs.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43992 on: March 14, 2023, 10:11:18 PM »
actually used a wirebrush(and a blade). the problem and also cause for the bad smell was that i left the shoes out the frontdoor and didn't clean them off right away and sort of forgot. and then basically stinky cement formed within the cavities of the sole that would be hard as stone and not even really soften when soaked water. that's why i had to scratch it out with a blade. the upper was actually fine all along. i think if it would have been just regular dirt it wouldn't have been that hard to clean. but this foodscraps/dirt cement was on another level. i usually have a pair of workshoes for the kitchen or clean the ones i was wearing asap, because dirty kitchen shoes inevitably stink after rotten food if you let pieces accumulate in the sole. or in my case, since i guess there was also some milkproduct involved, lactic acid especially.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #43993 on: March 15, 2023, 08:33:39 AM »
managed to get Cure tickets

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43994 on: March 15, 2023, 10:42:36 AM »
actually used a wirebrush(and a blade). the problem and also cause for the bad smell was that i left the shoes out the frontdoor and didn't clean them off right away and sort of forgot. and then basically stinky cement formed within the cavities of the sole that would be hard as stone and not even really soften when soaked water. that's why i had to scratch it out with a blade. the upper was actually fine all along. i think if it would have been just regular dirt it wouldn't have been that hard to clean. but this foodscraps/dirt cement was on another level. i usually have a pair of workshoes for the kitchen or clean the ones i was wearing asap, because dirty kitchen shoes inevitably stink after rotten food if you let pieces accumulate in the sole. or in my case, since i guess there was also some milkproduct involved, lactic acid especially.
Ah, shit, dude. That sounds awful. I'm glad you've gotten most of it taken care of. Hopefully the smell will continue to dissipate. Wire brush is a good idea for something caked on. I've resorted to that and using Simple Green cleaner to got really caked on shit out of my soles.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43995 on: March 16, 2023, 02:12:57 AM »
Moving to Denver this June with my girlfriend and I'm scared anxious about this long distance drive from Tennessee, getting a hitch for my car and hauling my stuff to Denver.  Never done this before so I'm just wondering what I should expect on the road.
Dueces Bitch's

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #43996 on: March 16, 2023, 11:02:03 AM »
I'm stoked on y'all. I feel like it's never going to wear off.

I love you Pals. I'm going to write a song about it rn.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #43997 on: March 16, 2023, 12:31:15 PM »
Moving to Denver this June with my girlfriend and I'm scared anxious about this long distance drive from Tennessee, getting a hitch for my car and hauling my stuff to Denver.  Never done this before so I'm just wondering what I should expect on the road.

Take her slow and rest as often as you need. Double check your trailer connections and pack diligently. Some shit will settle/shift.

Hope that helps, best of luck in Denver!

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43998 on: March 16, 2023, 02:07:39 PM »

Cheers dude about to ride with my ex on her move from MN to Cali. Similar plan. Renting a uhaul and hitching her car. There's no fucking way she stood a chance doing that on her own. I've hardly driven uhauls so I'm really not looking forward to it but before we get to the heart of LA we at least plan to unhitch the car so we can drive each one separately. I think we can avoid major cities for the most part otherwise on the ride out there

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43999 on: March 16, 2023, 03:28:35 PM »
Today marks 14 months booze-free. :)

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44000 on: March 16, 2023, 08:29:59 PM »
Today marks 14 months booze-free. :)
Right on man keep at it, I'm proud of ya.
Dueces Bitch's

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44001 on: March 16, 2023, 08:32:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Take her slow and rest as often as you need. Double check your trailer connections and pack diligently. Some shit will settle/shift.

Hope that helps, best of luck in Denver!
I only have have speaker cabinets and a bunch of other stuff not able to fit in my car. I plan on taking it slow and steady consistently and lots of pee breaks with my doggo.
Dueces Bitch's

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44002 on: March 16, 2023, 08:35:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cheers dude about to ride with my ex on her move from MN to Cali. Similar plan. Renting a uhaul and hitching her car. There's no fucking way she stood a chance doing that on her own. I've hardly driven uhauls so I'm really not looking forward to it but before we get to the heart of LA we at least plan to unhitch the car so we can drive each one separately. I think we can avoid major cities for the most part otherwise on the ride out there
[/doggone.
I wish my gal would want to come out and chill with me and when she goes back take some of my stuff too as she has a big ass van, buttttttt I understand how she'd feel reluctant about coming through and picking up my stuff,  kinda like dude I'm throwing you an opportunity you gotta meet me halfway and not halfass it.
Dueces Bitch's

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #44003 on: March 18, 2023, 04:39:29 PM »
I relearned kickflips and heelflips on flat tonight after losing them over a year ago.  8)

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #44004 on: March 19, 2023, 07:02:33 AM »
Are you guys watching the baseball Classic? I got tickets to the semi-final with Mexico and Japan. I love baseball.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44005 on: March 19, 2023, 09:56:32 AM »
Goth night clubs.  Actual weirdos dancing,  limb-less men in boxes being stepped on for money, dominatrix whipping and pouring hot wax on people, great night

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #44006 on: March 19, 2023, 12:07:05 PM »
Goth night clubs.  Actual weirdos dancing,  limb-less men in boxes being stepped on for money, dominatrix whipping and pouring hot wax on people, great night

Berlin? Barcelona? Either way I can't wait to get back to Europe this year and this reminded me
 My city just doesn't have what I need to feel like myself.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44007 on: March 19, 2023, 09:32:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Berlin? Barcelona? Either way I can't wait to get back to Europe this year and this reminded me

Actually Minneapolis haha but I hope to get out to Europe for some trip later this year and see what kind of weird spots I find

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #44008 on: March 19, 2023, 11:50:01 PM »
partner and I got a kitten and this motherfucker keeps chewing on my fingers because he thinks I’m his mom. shit is tight.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #44009 on: March 20, 2023, 03:18:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Actually Minneapolis haha but I hope to get out to Europe for some trip later this year and see what kind of weird spots I find

You live in Minneapolis?  I should be up that way twice in April if you wanna skate.