Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057415 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #44010 on: March 20, 2023, 03:50:33 AM »
Moving to Denver this June with my girlfriend and I'm scared anxious about this long distance drive from Tennessee, getting a hitch for my car and hauling my stuff to Denver.  Never done this before so I'm just wondering what I should expect on the road.

What size did you get? I drove Isuzu NPR/NQR tilt cab dumps for a few years and they're about the same size as the 15/17 footer uhauls (but way easier to drive because the Japanese fucking rule at engineering) so I'll pass on a few things I learned. A lot of it is just general road safety but you do have to be more vigilant and focused.

- assume everyone around you is a moron and drive defensively.

- before you leave its not a bad idea to stop by a mall parking lot and spend 5 minutes just getting a general feel for the truck.. Turn in either direction and pay attention to the radius, see how sensitive the brakes are, familiarize yourself with the cab layout and figure out what switch is where etc.

- this is a big one - take the time to really adjust your mirrors.. you won't have a rear view so make it a point to get used to monitoring your side mirrors and keeping track of the people around you. If you keep losing them don't be afraid to pull over and adjust.

- leave twice as much room around you in any direction as you think you need....youve got a lot more momentum than usual and it takes a lot longer to stop, in addition to not having as much maneuverability. If it's wet out then triple the distance or even more.

- use your newfound height to see further down the road for hazards or hazardous drivers, but also be aware of how tall you are... Pay attention to clearance signs and especially around intersections be careful about clipping road signs and trees that you'd normally just go under in a car.

- Stick to highways, and get used to people passing you. Just hang out in the slow lanes and pop on a podcast. It's usually less stressful and you'll save some money on gas to boot.

- Focus on the road, not the clock. Going too slow means you're late, going too fast means people die.

- Keep an eye on your mirrors and gauges but other than that use your copilot or a voice assistant for things like changing music navigating.

- Look for parking that you can pull straight into and out of. If you're making a pit stop at a gas station or rest area its not a bad idea to keep one person near the truck in case people unwittingly park in your escape route then disappear. Basically you want to travel in straight lines and avoid sharp turns as much as possible, so keep that in mind when planning your general route as well.

- once you feel comfortable with the basics if your truck has overdrive controls then read the manual and use as instructed to make things easier on the truck

And the biggest one of all - enjoy the adventure dude.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #44011 on: March 21, 2023, 02:36:18 PM »
hey, i don't know exactly why creepy ass youtube is recommending this kind of stuff to me, but i'll take it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm2FBAr1Nek

life in captivity is fucked, but still, these beauties look safe, healthy, fed, and perhaps even happy, so fuck it--i could watch baby rhinos run around and jump and be silly all day

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44012 on: March 22, 2023, 06:58:59 AM »
I get baby elephants in mine… this one getting annoyed at a dog is my favorite.

https://youtu.be/EZkwnqb-4vk

Also Huge Congrats to Japan winning the world baseball classic. Such a likable team..
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #44013 on: March 29, 2023, 10:38:53 AM »
Got some Dr. Scholl's insoles for lower back pain. Only had them in for about an hour and can already feel a pretty big difference in my balance and pain levels.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1537
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #44014 on: March 30, 2023, 02:58:30 PM »
tRump's indictment <3
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

sle_epy

• Rep: -82
« Reply #44015 on: April 01, 2023, 05:59:11 PM »
Muska reissue preorders going up!
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #44016 on: April 02, 2023, 02:37:23 PM »
I think I've made it through the end of the nervous breakdown tunnels. Everything is a different colour today and the air is less heavy.

Shit was getting brutal. The only thing that was making me feels better was running and jumping on my board.

I felt so broken. Disjointed from all humanity. Now I'm ok again. I should definitely find someone to cum on before I go back to feeling like a hermit.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #44017 on: April 04, 2023, 10:37:34 AM »
Daylight saving time

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -453
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #44018 on: April 06, 2023, 01:36:07 PM »
Me local is switching their shop decks from clutch to south central *fap fap fap*

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #44019 on: April 06, 2023, 08:35:57 PM »
Hockey. My aunt called me and asked if i wanted free tickets to the Seattle kraken game tonight. All my homies couldn’t go because i called like an hour before but I still went. Live sports are fun
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 08:51:19 PM by Candied cigarettes »

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44020 on: April 06, 2023, 11:37:59 PM »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44021 on: April 11, 2023, 10:22:06 AM »
Got my board back!!!!!!
(A)pl(E)

live, laugh, love

« Reply #44022 on: April 11, 2023, 11:19:08 AM »
Got my board back!!!!!!

There's got to be a story here you little tease you.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44023 on: April 12, 2023, 07:28:35 PM »
I subbed to a few higher level Onlyfans accounts that I knew used bot language programs and outsourcing. Which is all good with me, automate the earth.

But when I was prying into the DMs asking them to identify hydrants and bicycles instead of sending cash and dong songs, I had a few cool honest conversations with people working at a chat sweat shop in Thailand. Eventually they banned me and refunded my monthly fee once we started talking about using R- and Python. So win-win!
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #44024 on: April 12, 2023, 08:14:34 PM »
I subbed to a few higher level Onlyfans accounts that I knew used bot language programs and outsourcing. Which is all good with me, automate the earth.

But when I was prying into the DMs asking them to identify hydrants and bicycles instead of sending cash and dong songs, I had a few cool honest conversations with people working at a chat sweat shop in Thailand. Eventually they banned me and refunded my monthly fee once we started talking about using R- and Python. So win-win!

Oddly wholesome, did they ban you since they were PHP and Java lifers?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44025 on: April 22, 2023, 07:25:44 PM »
Just played a show. It sold out. I made a few bucks.
Show was killer
(A)pl(E)

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44026 on: April 22, 2023, 08:26:04 PM »
Just played a show. It sold out. I made a few bucks.
Show was killer

Hell yeah G!

Never forget:

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #44027 on: May 01, 2023, 05:42:39 PM »
After a year off our boy is back and not to mention fuckin jacked

https://youtu.be/xmSUWu37dt4

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #44028 on: May 01, 2023, 05:51:51 PM »
Salomon's 2 year warranty on their hiking boots. My feet have been killing me for months because of how much walking and hiking I have to do. Hit them up since their best boots were on sale I got to replace my old mid-tier with that top shelf shoe goodness.

Vans has a 1 year warranty as well. I have gotten shoes replaced twice by them. The first MTE's fell apart the first time they got wet. And I bought their new version of the lowtop mte's 2 years ago, and they just straight up ripped in the back out of nowhere, got some crockett high's for my trouble.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #44029 on: May 03, 2023, 11:32:11 PM »
Visiting Tucson.

I found a cafe that is open until midnight. Got a cup of tea, found a seat near the window, and the Smiths are playing in the background.   8)

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #44030 on: May 04, 2023, 05:43:14 AM »
Visiting Tucson.

I found a cafe that is open until midnight. Got a cup of tea, found a seat near the window, and the Smiths are playing in the background.   8)
Nice sounds peaceful. Bet the weather outstanding this time of the year in Tucson. I started a new morning routine. Drinking coffee, looking out my window, listening to music while not touching my phone. Chill Supreme

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #44031 on: May 04, 2023, 09:52:41 AM »
In August of '21 I got a "cage" (two vertebrae fused together and reinforced by a couple of steel rods) in my lower back due to some fractures that had me fucked up pretty bad.

I pushed through it, did physical therapy, and got back on board.

November '22, I visited a local 5-stair that I used to warm-up on (I hadn't hopped down anything significant post surgery at this point). Wound up with a Tibial plateau fracture... they installed a plate and eight pins.

This time, my doc has me in a really hard core sports med rehab, and they've been kicking my ass. Over there twice a week, plus I do leg exercises every day in between.

I'm in week 5 of an 8 week rehab, but yesterday my doc said I can skate again as long as it's not high impact.

Fuck, I'm 48 and love curbs so I'm absolutely fucking elated right now!

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #44032 on: May 04, 2023, 10:23:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Visiting Tucson.

[close]
Nice sounds peaceful. Bet the weather outstanding this time of the year in Tucson. I started a new morning routine. Drinking coffee, looking out my window, listening to music while not touching my phone. Chill Supreme

Not a bad way to start the day.

In August of '21 I got a "cage" (two vertebrae fused together and reinforced by a couple of steel rods) in my lower back due to some fractures that had me fucked up pretty bad.

November '22, I visited a local 5-stair that I used to warm-up on (I hadn't hopped down anything significant post surgery at this point). Wound up with a Tibial plateau fracture... they installed a plate and eight pins.

This time, my doc has me in a really hard core sports med rehab, and they've been kicking my ass. Over there twice a week, plus I do leg exercises every day in between.

I'm in week 5 of an 8 week rehab, but yesterday my doc said I can skate again as long as it's not high impact.

That sounds intense, but glad to hear you are healing up and you can get back on your board.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44033 on: May 04, 2023, 10:57:54 AM »

jesus, havent seen that handle in a long time.

stick to the curbs man!
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #44034 on: May 04, 2023, 11:02:34 AM »
Hah!
I'll be kind to my injuries as I heal, but I also want to get back into some ramp tramping!

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #44035 on: May 04, 2023, 11:36:48 AM »

Fuckin' a
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #44036 on: May 04, 2023, 06:25:53 PM »

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #44037 on: May 05, 2023, 12:42:31 PM »
Today begins my bachelor trip weekend. So if any pals are in the 29 Palms area and wanna buy me a drink hit ne up.

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44038 on: May 05, 2023, 02:45:28 PM »
Today begins my bachelor trip weekend. So if any pals are in the 29 Palms area and wanna buy me a drink hit ne up.
Congrats lamfordie!

Never forget:

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #44039 on: May 06, 2023, 02:05:31 PM »
got a backpack with boardcatcher again. finally i can take the bike to the spot again hasslefree and without damaging a bunch of cars that i bump my board on.