Author Topic: Cheering for sports teams..  (Read 4704 times)

Baby Rabies

Re: Cheering for sports teams..
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2008, 02:44:11 PM »
I get what you're trying to say, I just don't think they are in the same league. Flipping a skateboard over a gap with a drop (for example) is just so much more difficult and dangerous than throwing a ball through a hoop or hitting one with a bat. It's more impressive to me because I've done it all before and there's no doubt in my mind that skating involves more skill and requires much more practice to get good at.

BrojaySimpson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2008, 08:26:21 PM »
I get what you're trying to say, I just don't think they are in the same league. Flipping a skateboard over a gap with a drop (for example) is just so much more difficult and dangerous than throwing a ball through a hoop or hitting one with a bat. It's more impressive to me because I've done it all before and there's no doubt in my mind that skating involves more skill and requires much more practice to get good at.

i doubt you've ever hit a 12-6 curve ball. i'm pretty sure suck ass zito could throw his crazy curve ball at you one hundred times and you'd miss one hundred times. and not to flame myself anymore, but since i last posted in this topic, the rangers have only won four of their last thirteen and are now back below five hundred. fuck slap karma. but, to relate the sports world to skating, i can do this. on tuesday the rangers went down after the first inning 10-0 to the fucking red sox. going into the eigth inning, the rangers were able to rally back to 16-15. should've been an easy win once it got to the end right? fucking rangers blew it. just like every skate contest these boards have watched the last year, a board fav is leading going into the last run, when p-rod, lutzka, or shecks squeaks it out for the win. there, you now have an example of how exciting/frustrating sports can be compared to skating.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2008, 04:39:30 AM »
but no one really hangs on the edge of their seats watching a contest too see who's going to win. it's more just watch the montage after it all goes down and you already know who won just too see the clips of the skaters you like. i've never been dissappointed with contest results.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2008, 01:20:42 PM »
At a professional level in pretty much every sport, you have to essentially have god like athletic abilities in order to succeed.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Dude Dudestofferson

• Rep: 73
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2008, 01:42:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
At a professional level in pretty much every sport, you have to essentially have god like athletic abilities in order to succeed.

And this is the only thing about sport that interests me at all, and is probably why I don't follow any team or usually even watch a complete game.
I don't CARE about these people or the team, but I do sometimes enjoy watching sports (especially basketball) where real raw athleticism is on display.
Watching gymnastics in the Olympics has been sick, too...

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2008, 02:22:47 PM »
^ Yeah, gymnastics is sick. They pull some crazy flips and shit, I think I like it for the same reason I like watching skating.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

keystonepremium

« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2008, 02:35:12 PM »
getting stoked on a hockey game and drinking beer is one of my favorite things to do. to each his own though