Author Topic: Out for Fame  (Read 5171 times)

switchfrontshuv

Out for Fame
« on: August 05, 2008, 11:04:50 AM »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:13:02 PM by switchfrontshuv »

loophole

Re: Out for Fame
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 11:07:48 AM »
FIRST!

blizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
  • keep on runnin'
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 11:13:10 AM »
i thought of that part from the NK video when i read your post
"graffiti on da wall, graffiti on da wall, graffiti on da wall right in my hand"

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 11:30:08 AM »
If it causes the park to be closed then yeah it's bad.

Cheapboarder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 12:06:08 PM »
man so many people viewing but barely anyone posting, lame, what a waste, I thought skaters would be into this shit, oh well

Cool to look at but it pisses me off sometimes because the skate park looks so grimey and the only reason I skate a outdoor park is for a clean tranny/bowl. Bothers me sometimes.

The Maestro

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 12:09:40 PM »
I think it sucks on the riding surface, makes it slippery and dangerous.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 12:13:19 PM »
Cement parks needs graffitti. Everywhere.

danker peaches

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 12:16:01 PM »
The park i skate at is older and the cement is rougher so it makes it better to skate i think. Some of the shit they do can look cool but i can't say i am down for most of it.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 12:20:45 PM »
I don't know where the skatepark / graffiti relationship got started, but it seems like every outdoor park (and a lot of indoor ones too) are covered in shitty tags.  A huge mound of skatepark gray isn't exactly aesthetically pleasing to the public to begin with, which is why you always see them pushed in the corner behind soccer fields.

I would be content to never see another curved wall looking like this again in my life:

One time when I lived in Vermont I yelled at some kids for tagging the park (which clearly has no graffiti signs up and had been closed in the past for repainting) and ended up almost getting jumped by a bunch of high school kids.  Kind of funny.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 01:15:52 PM »
personally i couldnt give a shit less about spray paint anywhere, let alone on something im skating. it doesnt affect me trying to do something so i dont see why cities waste so much time covering it up and removing it. our park is notorious for changing shades of white and grey every two weeks when they come and cover up the new "tags" or "Pieces". plus most of the time no one knows what the fuck it says.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 01:18:04 PM »
i dont see how its any worse than waxing and skating a marble ledge
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

Rusty Champignon

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 01:19:31 PM »
you're lucky you get real "tags" in america, all we get over here is "COCKMASTER" or "JENNYS MUM DOES ANAL FOR CIGS" scrawled on the transition in some of the concrete parks i've been to, one said "GARY JOHNSON SPOONS MEN"

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 01:29:20 PM »

why would you wax a marble ledge?
:) I must have been tripping last night

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 01:31:37 PM »
ONe makes skating better, the other makes it worse. Not to hard to figure out.

Oh, and we have a lot of stupid and shitty graph in the states. LOTS OF THEM.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 01:34:41 PM »
you're lucky you get real "tags" in america, all we get over here is "COCKMASTER" or "JENNYS MUM DOES ANAL FOR CIGS" scrawled on the transition in some of the concrete parks i've been to, one said "GARY JOHNSON SPOONS MEN"
Those are the best! Nothing like looking at some lump of cement and then giggling because Jenny's Mum's a ho.

Rusty Champignon

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 02:00:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Those are the best! Nothing like looking at some lump of cement and then giggling because Jenny's Mum's a ho.

they are hilarious, I saw one a few years ago back in school, there was quite a manly woman teacher called Miss Porter and someone wrote on the wall "Miss Porter has big fat hairy balls" they always make me laugh

suckitornot

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 02:04:26 PM »
i like it at skateparks unless the park is metal, then the paint makes the ramps too slippery. nothing like rolling your ankle because you step off your board onto some slippery ass paint.

Natty Bumpo

• Rep: -25
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 02:05:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

True that, a I skate this ramp 40 minutes away with a friend, just to see all the penis drawings and refrences to "smoking fatties" that all the middle school kids rite all over it. Never gets old.

suckitornot

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 04:54:28 PM »
no skatepark  or ditch is complete without a slayer tag or a horribly drawn potleaf

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »

That graffiti displays an advanced, subtle sense of humor compared to the material I see at my local park:
"FUCK"
"BLOODS"
"YEAH HOE"
"CRIPS UP BLOODS DOWN" or any variation thereof
and of course, the classic ejaculating penis.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 07:58:43 PM »
You can't forget the other classics like
"smoke weed"
"skate"
"bmx"

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 08:12:58 PM »
HOW TO BE A DITCH GRAFFITI ARTIST
I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about real graffiti culture. Those crazy letters and shit? I've been told that they actually spell stuff. I don't know. I'm too old to try and fake any type of urban street culture bullshit. I'm from the fuckin' country. But I do know a shitload about ditch graffiti. You wanna get down with that scene? Read on, Johnny.

Go to Wal-Mart and buy a can of the shittiest spray paint they have. Dgn't be trying to get all fancy with your Krylon bullshit. This is ditch graffiti. The shittier it looks the better. And yeah, I know, you don't want to shop at Wal-Mart because they're fucking up America. But where I'm from the only place to buy spray paint anywhere close to the ditch is going to be WaI-Mart so you're gonna have to suck it up, hippie.

Okay, so you have your can of shitty spray paint. Oh yeah, make sure to buy either black, red, or florescent green. Not sure why, but those are the rules. So grab your can and step into the ditch. Try to find the wall that is most visible to the public. Now try to think of the dumbest fucking phrase you can come up with. If you need help, some popular themes include: moms who service men's genitalia with their mouths, schoolmates who enjoy sex that involves butts, the Misfits, Independent tucks (yeah, tucks--you gotta misspell that shit), dudes that live in your town who are far less superior at skateboarding than you are, heavy metal, weed, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and dinosaurs having sex with each other. Actually I just made up that last one. But I think it would be pretty cool if people started spray painting dinosaurs fucking. Just to make sure that the adults have "no idea what the fuck is going on with the kids these days."

But I digress. So come up with your phrase and paint that shit as big as you can. Misspell at least one word and be sure to disregard all rules of typography. Kerning? Tracking? What the fuck is that? Oh yeah, all caps. That's mandatory. And the drippier the better. If you're going to be adding some sort of graphical element to enhance your graffiti, then make sure that your drawing skills are not above a third grade level. If you're good at drawing then just stick to the letters. And if you're at a loss for what type of imagery you should be working with, just remember these three words: crudely rendered penis.

That's really all there is to it. I personally don't do any type of ditch graffiti because in my opinion that's just red flags for cops to start busting people. But if you're the kind of dude who is doing ditch graffiti, you probably don't have the ability to form any type of sequential thought pattern so in your mind you're not doing anything wrong. Right? Right.

So, to recap: Go buy some shitty spray paint, go to the ditch, find the most visible wall, spray paint whatever dumbfuck inbred thought you have running through your head, and then just sit back and wait for the spot to become a bust. You're now a ditch graffiti artist. Good job, fucker.

Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2008, 08:17:56 PM »
If it's actually art than I'm all for it. But if it's some lame shit like their name or just words than it doesn't need to be their. It just makes it look ugly.
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

Mortal Horror

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2008, 08:47:50 PM »

LOLOLOLOL

Peter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2008, 08:54:49 PM »
most of the time no one knows what the fuck it says.

Al Bania

• Rep: 42
    • Orchard! avatar image
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2008, 09:08:49 PM »

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2008, 09:12:38 PM »
SK8RDIE

Black Flag

Eat a Dick

when it comes to graffiti, I like it nice, but I appreciate really shitty skatepark graffiti.  I guess it's low brow, but in the same way people like Neckface. 
do more yoga!

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2008, 09:47:18 PM »
don't really care either way

most of it looks like shit, but your not there to appreciate art your there to skate

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2008, 11:02:07 PM »
"Juice Tigaz! Tuffa' than Tuff!"

My personal favourite.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2008, 11:21:53 PM »
I've had a few conversations with people about bringing those roller brushes and painting santa rosa skatepark all bright neon orange one night....just to piss of all the graff headz who try to get recognition there.  some of that stuff actually looks pretty cool though. 

theres another skatepark around here thats in a cage and they lock it up for a whole week if theres so much as one word or line.....I think they closed it once because a kid wrote the F-word in wax. 

wheee!