Author Topic: "The Real McCain"  (Read 3934 times)

Sunset

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: "The Real McCain"
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2008, 04:10:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
IMFED- first of all,
[close]

R u serious with your biop?  GTFO!  Check your left wing support of Bernie Ward.  OOPS - take a seat in jail....
[close]
I didn't say this.  my last post makes me seem like a cocky douche bag, but I just wanted to show The Gipper how wrong his assumptions are.  Anyway, I get enough political talk due to the fact that I am a PS major, so it was stupid for me to come on here and talk about it over the internet too, I should have just stuck to skating and humor to pass time during work.  Seriously though, political disagreements should not be taken so seriously, some of my best friends have completely different political leanings than myself and that is why I love debating with them.  After this spree of douche-baggery I feel there is nothing left to do but focus my account, later.
[close]

sorry guest; Registration is easy enough.  Child molesters cannot figure it out.  Bye

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2008, 05:22:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What?  The free rock concert in Berlin that Babs opened?
[close]

I'm referring to our European allies cheering for a potential American President. I'm one of those weirdos that likes it when his country is respected by other countries, y'know? To see people of a foreign country wave American flags is pretty fucking amazing to me.

But hey, rock concert or not, he made the US look good. You can agree to that, right Trevs?

...and on preview I see a video clip. Another non issue to me personally, as I think Christianity is a foolish venture. I don't have a dog in that hunt.

Expand Quote
edit: Thanks grim for checking my profile no homo
[close]
No, it's totally homo.
[close]

Just quoting this for later...
Even better, you should make it your sig! That way we'll always be together... you, the cockstrong Herbal Weiner fan, and me, the LIEberal commie pinko... we'll be the next James Carville and Mary Matlin!

I'll be your "red diaper doper baby," and you can be my bootstrap-pulling neocon. We're like a human Yin Yang!

Dr Newton

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2008, 07:38:38 PM »
I tried to read the rest of the replies to this, but it all blends together into incoherent rambling, personal attacks on me, and baseless accusations.

Gipper -- I actually have an opportunity make more money than you this year, if you count scholarships and other things as income (from an economic standpoint, these things are income, as I am consuming resources without having to pay anything back). I've recently been offered a $60,000 a year education based completely on my own personal merits. Feel free to ignore all of the indicators and predictors society uses to measure future success -- I have earned something based on my own personal achievements.

I am pretty sure my drop out statistics were not too far off base. I believe I read that one in four drop out in America. I know that's at least true of your own state, California.

http://www.examiner.com/a-1498943~The_one_in_four_dropout_crisis.html

It's funny, because after railing about how "wrong" my statistics were, you went on to say that one in THREE drop out in your district. I understand that you teach at a government school to "save the world" (LOL, how blindly idealistic/regular is that?), and your mental capacity can only be expected to stretch so far. That being said, you do realize that a 1/3 drop out rate is worse than the 1/4 I mentioned, right?

Jesco -- I chose San Francisco for one reason.... get this...HE LIVES IN/NEAR SAN FRANCISCO. Where is the rationale in your thinking, period? Is there some "complex" process that only you and your brilliant wife understand, where he would somehow morph back and fourth from his career as a $40k a year educator in the Bay, to a place where real estate values are significantly lower every morning and afternoon? Even the cost of living in the suburbs on $40,000 while owning a home is extremely prohibitive. You seem to think I just "picked" San Francisco. I'm guessing the real problem for you is that I didn't just "pick" anything out of thin air, like you seem to love to do. You just pick whatever you want, right? A child is born alive after an attempted abortion, and you simply "pick" for it to also have a fatal birth defect. Never mind the fact that the former in no way equals the latter. Suddenly, it's undeniable fact. EVERY child born after a botched abortion should be treated in the way you yourself picked.

Dr Newton

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2008, 07:44:43 PM »
GET THIS GUYS. MY STATISTICS WERE TOTALLY WRONG, AND ANYONE AGREES WITH ME IS WRONG TOO!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2006-06-20-dropout-rates_x.htm

While the basic finding that the nation's overall graduation rate is about 70% is not new, the study suggests that graduation rates are much lower than previously reported in many states.

It turns out that the national drop out rate is not 25%, as I incorrectly stated before, but actually 30%. Forget the fact that this actually furthers my point. I was DEAD WRONG GUYS. DEAD WRONG (by approximately five percent).

Government school, the gipper, and jesco white ftw! You go guys! You're the ones helping to make our nation str.... well, not so great.

Dr Newton

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2008, 07:54:08 PM »
It's also find it kind of funny that The Gipper either cannot accurately quote commonly known statistics regarding his own career, or fails to see that the higher dropout rate makes his argument sound even worse. I certainly hope it's not basic math, english, or social studies that you are teaching those defenseless San Franciscan children (although it really does not matter -- most of them are statistically fucked as it is.) I find it ironic that the "sixteen year old who has achieved nothing in life" knows more/can do your job better than you can, although it really does not surprise me one bit.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2008, 08:10:45 PM »
Newt, you're such a dufous. You accused me of being a government school teacher making less than 40k, not the Gip. So how does that correlate to home prices in SF? It doesn't you dumbshit. And if it did, it's not generalizable because SF has some of the most inflated housing costs in the country.

So you responded to one of my examples of your tendency to catastrophize, what about the others? Babies that are viable after an attempted abortion would be in the third trimester, and those abortions are performed because of life threatening conditions. My example was realistic as far as what doctors/families face in "infanticide" situations. You're the smug tug job that doesn't understand. Your stupidity is only outdone by your ego. 

Stick to Your Guns

• Rep: -14
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2008, 10:23:28 PM »
Dr. Newton is embarassing you clowns.

Dr Newton

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2008, 11:29:33 PM »
Newt, you're such a dufous. You accused me of being a government school teacher making less than 40k, not the Gip. So how does that correlate to home prices in SF? It doesn't you dumbshit.

.... :-\ 

I really just do not know what to do. I try to educate you guys. I try to help you to understand things, and make some sense of the world. Sometimes, I just get frustrated. I will try to explain this one last thing to you. You can continue on with your "points," but I am over this thread, and probably will not be inclined to respond (unless you can make a valid point).

Quote from: Dr Newton
Expand Quote
Oh, and don't talk shit on somebody for making $40k as an educator. It's easy to live off of and you don't have to hate yourself for doing it.
[close]

Good luck buying a house in San Francisco with that handsome paycheck of yours.

*Slow, careful elementary voice*

Okay. First I would like you to take note of who I directly quoted. I quoted the Gipper, jesco white, not you. What this means, when you directly quote someone, is that you are responding directly to them. Who was I responding to, jesco white? I was responding to the Gipper. Was I responding to you? Nooooooooooooooo.

The issue for you seems to be the paycheck, and who's it was. You are both government school teachers. This is widely known and recognized on the SLAP message boards. I indicated who the paycheck of the prospective San Franciscan homeowner belonged to with a very handy tool called a pronoun. Do you know what a pronoun is, jesco white? The pronoun I chose to use when declaring ownership of the paycheck was your. Your is used to directly give the person you are speaking with theoretical ownership of something.

"Your socks"
"Your skateboard"
"Your piece of shit post"

In this case, the theoretical "something" was the paycheck, and the person I was directly speaking to was government school teacher and native Bay area resident The Gipper.

Do you understand? I did not randomly name a city. I was not speaking with you. When reading the pronoun your, it is important to remember who the speaker is directly speaking to. The pronoun your only refers to you directly, jesco white, when you are being directly spoken to.

I want to encourage your in your learning, and help you as much as possible. Please feel free to send me a private message if you need any more help.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:35:18 PM by Dr Newton »

Dr Newton

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2008, 11:39:52 PM »
I also did not "accuse" you of being a government educator. You have openly posted your profession on SLAP in the past. I do not make wild guesses about things randomly, nor do I create wild fantasy scenarios in my head to justify an argument I may be attempting to make. This is where you and I seem to differ the most.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2008, 12:48:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
IMFED- first of all,
[close]

R u serious with your biop?  GTFO!  Check your left wing support of Bernie Ward.  OOPS - take a seat in jail....
[close]
I didn't say this.  my last post makes me seem like a cocky douche bag, but I just wanted to show The Gipper how wrong his assumptions are.  Anyway, I get enough political talk due to the fact that I am a PS major, so it was stupid for me to come on here and talk about it over the internet too, I should have just stuck to skating and humor to pass time during work.  Seriously though, political disagreements should not be taken so seriously, some of my best friends have completely different political leanings than myself and that is why I love debating with them.  After this spree of douche-baggery I feel there is nothing left to do but focus my account, later.
[close]
Did I kill him? I hope not. I obviously misunderstood you. I thought you were agreeing with Newton that I am doing something bad or weak by teaching in a public school.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2008, 01:26:49 AM »
Newton- a scholarship doesn't count. Any person can get a scholarship. seriously. There are thousands of ways to get the millions of dollars for scholarships they offer each year. Trust me, I encourage kids to go to college and explain this to them regularly. Even merit scholarships.  You live with mommy and daddy and don't support yourself, so you can not judge another person who does, and the way in which they do it. You will realize when you are older, insulting a person's profession in the way you have is not clever, just sleazy.
    I misread what you said about graduation rate, I thought that you said only 25% graduate, which isn't even close to right. Also, a clerical mistake on your part, I work in Oakland, not SF. SF is doing great and has some of the best schools in the country. Oakland is different. Its incredibly fucked, but if you think it is the teachers who make it that way you are fucking nuts. Inner city teachers have to work about 5 times as hard to do the same job as other teachers. Last year I had one computer in my room and virtually no access to a computer lab, and most of my students don't have computers at home. Try assigning a research essay in a situation like that and see what happens. How many computers were in your classroom last year? How many computer labs were available in your school? You obviously have a computer in your home. I'm not going to relist the outside factors that effect dropout rates, which you conveniently ignored after I explained them, just so you could put me and jesco down.
     Also, not a native bay area resident, I moved here to skate, and may not be here permanently.

Sunset is super cute, "lets talk about the issues" you say, as you speak about the fact that you believe Obama is not rich enough to face arab leaders, he is involved with Tony Rezko, and his appearances is in Europe make him seem like a (gasp!) celebrity.
No, sunset, those aren't the issues. Those are distractions from the issues.

Here is an issue, there is a housing crisis going on right now and an economic meltdown occuring. What led to this? 8 years of a Republican president. What does McCain plan to do to end this? Keep doing the same shit and hope things magically turn around.

Here is another issue: Iraq. Now even George W. Bush wants to declare victory and leave, but McCain falls to the right of Bush on that. He wants to stay in Iraq and build up our bases there, despite the fact that nobody, including the Iraqi and American people, want that. Obama supported a timeline for withdrawl from Iraq, which Maliki endorsed, and now Bush is following.
Also, McCain was a vigorous supporter of the Iraq war, which helped along rising gas prices, and left us unprepared for Katrina. Obama risked his political career to publicly speak out against it.
Here is another issue: Iran- McCain wants to fucking go to war there. Remember (to the tune of Barbara Ann by the beach boys) "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran?" Obama supports diplomacy, but given that any sort of Iranian nuclear programs that people claim would be cause for war have been found to be non-threatening, he seems to be pretty against throwing our boys (like our good friend Diego Menendez) into another war.

Another issue? ok, why not? How about health care costs. He's got no real plan on what to do about that. Obama has a plan which would help provide healthcare for all americans, while not forcing it upon them like Hillary's plan called for.

These are the issues that this campaign should be decided upon. This is why everybody expects McCain to get his ass kicked, because on the issues alone, he is out of touch with most Americans right now. Fuck how many houses he has, the fact that he thinks Czecheslovakia still exists, that Iran and Al Qaeda are the same, and is 72 years old. Those are distractions too. If the campaign stuck to the issues instead of relying on attack ads and whisper campaigns, McCain would have his ass kicked. So basically, I agree. Lets stick to the issues.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2008, 06:33:12 AM »
I also did not "accuse" you of being a government educator. You have openly posted your profession on SLAP in the past. I do not make wild guesses about things randomly, nor do I create wild fantasy scenarios in my head to justify an argument I may be attempting to make. This is where you and I seem to differ the most.
You accused me of being a government school teacher, which isn't bad, it's just wrong. And you make wild guesses randomly huh? You take shit too seriously and result to insults when backed in a corner. Read the shit below, every assumption you made about me and my wife is wrong.
LOL. Your wife's community college degree doesn't make her an expert on the subject. "Oh, we don't want to murder them once they're born. We just want to stuff them into a broom closet and wait for them to die." With this rationale, it would be okay to lock a nine year old in a closet and just leave him there until he starved to death. There is nothing complex about it, and a government school teacher who probably doesn't even make $40,000 in an entire year is going to tell me it's "too complex."
And that's where the 40K comment came into play. You were talking to me, not Gipper. Hence my confusion on why you'd correlate that with house prices in SF.

I can deal with your political views, but it seems like being right is the end all be all for you, even in the face of things you don't know much about. You'll probably grow out of it but it's not a  personality trait people typically like.

Dr Newton

« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2008, 05:35:17 PM »
You were talking to me, not Gipper.

HAHA, this is so pathetic.

Your ideas of an acceptable response revolve around Becker-like left wing tirades, and restating dispelled positions over and over again. I wish the Gipper the best of luck with his government school. I am sure that "any person" he teaches can get accepted into a world class institution, and have it all paid for quite easily. Maybe one of these days one of those retards will do something important -- making him a "world-saver" by proxy.

Jesco, I know that you are "not a government educator" (I made this up), but I hope the institution you teach at, which gets large amounts of government funding, does well also.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 05:37:58 PM by Dr Newton »