Author Topic: bikes  (Read 304798 times)

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
Re: bikes
« Reply #1710 on: September 01, 2020, 03:43:03 PM »
I wrote a longish post about my ride on Friday, but Slap didn't want to post it. Anyway, the gist of it: I was celebrating my 34st birthday that is also my 20th anniversary of starting skateboarding. I choose to gift myself the time for a longer bike ride (I went skateboarding on Saturday) and I am very pleased with my choice.

I had a blast, even though most of the 636 vertical meters difference was so goddamn steep I used my lowest gear and still overtook a couple of riders. There was a dreamy forested rolling hill gravel section (https://goo.gl/maps/XTV5hpu5ocJ7156D9) that I was able to plow through on the descent and this was the finish line/turning point:

It is kinda hard to capture the feeling of the ride on a smartphone, but here's a little tease: https://photos.app.goo.gl/X5JvEHqDWSeDQcPr6

That is awesome, you made a great choice.  Do you happen to have an empty guest house?  I'm looking to move.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1711 on: September 01, 2020, 03:44:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fires in the Bay Area just suck so I decided to just take some product photography photos of my bike. Standing these bikes up on a stick is just so damn frustrating. It fell over like 3 times but thankfully it was on dirt.

[close]
Clean ass build and shot. Haven't seen a super pista with that paint job.
[close]

It’s a 2009. To be honest, no one ever wanted that colorway and the guy that sold it to me wanted the Celeste Green one.

I dig it, never really been into the Celeste.  How are you healing up?

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1712 on: September 01, 2020, 04:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fires in the Bay Area just suck so I decided to just take some product photography photos of my bike. Standing these bikes up on a stick is just so damn frustrating. It fell over like 3 times but thankfully it was on dirt.

[close]
Clean ass build and shot. Haven't seen a super pista with that paint job.
[close]

It’s a 2009. To be honest, no one ever wanted that colorway and the guy that sold it to me wanted the Celeste Green one.
[close]

I dig it, never really been into the Celeste.  How are you healing up?

I like the color way now more than before mostly cause it's retro like you pointed out, almost unknown to most.

And I am doing good man. Actually I feel back to normal but have some internal stuff still going on. Got two pinched veins in my brain that make it so I could have a stroke or seizure if I don't take blood thinners. They say it can take up to 3-6 months to open back up so it's just sort of a waiting game now. But I am fine and am just bored really, so Slap and other things are keeping me busy.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1467
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #1713 on: September 02, 2020, 01:07:17 AM »
Expand Quote
I wrote a longish post about my ride on Friday, but Slap didn't want to post it. Anyway, the gist of it: I was celebrating my 34st birthday that is also my 20th anniversary of starting skateboarding. I choose to gift myself the time for a longer bike ride (I went skateboarding on Saturday) and I am very pleased with my choice.

I had a blast, even though most of the 636 vertical meters difference was so goddamn steep I used my lowest gear and still overtook a couple of riders. There was a dreamy forested rolling hill gravel section (https://goo.gl/maps/XTV5hpu5ocJ7156D9) that I was able to plow through on the descent and this was the finish line/turning point:

It is kinda hard to capture the feeling of the ride on a smartphone, but here's a little tease: https://photos.app.goo.gl/X5JvEHqDWSeDQcPr6
[close]

That is awesome, you made a great choice.  Do you happen to have an empty guest house?  I'm looking to move.

Haha, I live in a tiny one bedroom, so it's great that our city is surrounded by nearby options for hiking, running and cycling. On top of that you can go hiking in our multiple alpine areas in 1 hour or less of driving. Not surprisingly the housing market is insane, hopefully corona does something to level it out.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1714 on: September 02, 2020, 11:13:59 AM »
Currently have a little find going trying to save money to buy a full suspension mountain bike. Been eyeing up the Santa Cruz y’all boy.

live, laugh, love

« Reply #1715 on: September 02, 2020, 02:01:25 PM »
I got back from a long ride the other day. It was pretty hot out. I felt like I had a sore in my ballsack/taint region. I had to take a couple pics to explore and see what's up.

I forgot the pics were there and opened my pic gallery today to a sweet shot of my balls and butthole with my face above looking all serious and shit, as I tried to really nail the shot.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #1716 on: September 02, 2020, 04:37:42 PM »
I got back from a long ride the other day. It was pretty hot out. I felt like I had a sore in my ballsack/taint region. I had to take a couple pics to explore and see what's up.

I forgot the pics were there and opened my pic gallery today to a sweet shot of my balls and butthole with my face above looking all serious and shit, as I tried to really nail the shot.

Gotta run that nut butter or chamois cream
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

live, laugh, love

« Reply #1717 on: September 02, 2020, 05:21:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Gotta run that nut butter or chamois cream

Word son. Haven't gotten sores in a bit. But I've been riding a lot more. I used to have a stick of body glide. Need a new anti chaffing method.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #1718 on: September 02, 2020, 08:50:02 PM »
Currently have a little find going trying to save money to buy a full suspension mountain bike. Been eyeing up the Santa Cruz y’all boy.

Tallboy's a great choice. I have the Blur and am considering the Tallboy too. I'm hearing from the local shops in the Bay Area that the 2021's models are coming in Dec/Jan.

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1719 on: September 02, 2020, 09:31:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Haha, I live in a tiny one bedroom, so it's great that our city is surrounded by nearby options for hiking, running and cycling. On top of that you can go hiking in our multiple alpine areas in 1 hour or less of driving. Not surprisingly the housing market is insane, hopefully corona does something to level it out.

Fair enough, I thought I'd check.  You have enough scenery to go around, but not affordable housing.  I get it.  Thanks though.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #1720 on: September 08, 2020, 02:45:34 PM »
recently got a fairly large tax return so I got myself a gravel bike. it's freaking fun to ride gravel, and we have tons of amazing trails here in Oslo. it's a Ghost Endless Road Rage 8.8 but without the charger thingy. picture with some bags I made, but the normal setup is just 2 bottles and the barbag.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #1721 on: September 08, 2020, 02:59:37 PM »

Got into mountain biking this summer

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1722 on: September 08, 2020, 06:07:21 PM »
recently got a fairly large tax return so I got myself a gravel bike. it's freaking fun to ride gravel, and we have tons of amazing trails here in Oslo. it's a Ghost Endless Road Rage 8.8 but without the charger thingy. picture with some bags I made, but the normal setup is just 2 bottles and the barbag.

you mean you made the bags? they look good.

the whole bike looks awesome and fun, kudos.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #1723 on: September 08, 2020, 10:53:22 PM »
yeah, I made the bags. I've been sewing for 10+ years.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1724 on: September 09, 2020, 02:05:31 AM »

awesome, man.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1467
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #1725 on: September 09, 2020, 10:20:29 AM »

it shows, looks like quality work. great bike as well

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1726 on: September 13, 2020, 03:22:56 PM »
Wheels finally delivered yesterday so I could finally get this build done. First ground up build I’ve done. Super happy with how it turned out. Felt good just buying the parts I wanted versus trying to save a buck for once.

youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1727 on: September 13, 2020, 05:19:26 PM »
Stack of gnars for all the nice bikes on this page. 

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1728 on: September 14, 2020, 05:13:18 AM »
Wheels finally delivered yesterday so I could finally get this build done. First ground up build I’ve done. Super happy with how it turned out. Felt good just buying the parts I wanted versus trying to save a buck for once.

takes computer into the bathroom.

anillusionofthepants

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1729 on: September 14, 2020, 10:39:21 AM »

damn 👌 I could see this on theradavist.com

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1730 on: September 14, 2020, 08:45:55 PM »
Hot damn that is a good looking bike arrbee.

Are they the mash toe clips?

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #1731 on: September 14, 2020, 09:59:31 PM »

You should look up the proper way to run those straps. Safety first.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #1732 on: September 14, 2020, 10:20:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wait.......what am I missing here. What is wrong with his straps?

Just sharing some more product photography style photos of my bikes. Shot the top one when it looked like Mars out here in the Bay Area. The crazy thing is I shot that photo at noon. The other two was days before with no crazy smoke in the air.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

« Reply #1733 on: September 15, 2020, 05:59:55 AM »
They aren’t twisted to prevent any lateral movement and the ends should be pointed up for easier adjustment on the fly. I mean, they’ll work the way they are, you just have to reach way down and pull away from your body. If they’re up at the top of the strap and you need tighten them, it’s way easier.

But kook me anyway dickhead.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1734 on: September 15, 2020, 06:09:10 AM »
takes computer into the bathroom.

Hot damn that is a good looking bike arrbee.

Are they the mash toe clips?

Thanks dudes! Yes they are the MASH clips.

Wait.......what am I missing here. What is wrong with his straps?

I don't know? I guess I am missing the same thing. This is the way I have always installed.

Doesn't look dissimilar to what others do

They aren’t twisted to prevent any lateral movement and the ends should be pointed up for easier adjustment on the fly. I mean, they’ll work the way they are, you just have to reach way down and pull away from your body. If they’re up at the top of the strap and you need tighten them, it’s way easier.

But kook me anyway dickhead.

You posted this while I was replying. They aren't twisted because they are fucking cheap and the material is super thick. I ordered them so I could ride while I am waiting on my MASH ones to get in which is a much more pliable leather. As far as being pointed up, wouldn't that be personal preference? I also rarely have to adjust them as I typically ride in the same shoes they are set pretty snug already.

Lastly I didn't kook anyone so I am not sure who the "dickhead" is addressed to.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

« Reply #1735 on: September 15, 2020, 07:56:28 AM »
Ok. You bought those $100+ fucking mash straps 🤣

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #1736 on: September 15, 2020, 08:26:21 AM »

No no no, boo this man.

Nice comments only in the bike thread, take that mean shit somewhere else.

Love the setup arrbee, what size chainring are you running? Looks bigger than 48 but it may just be the photos.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1737 on: September 15, 2020, 08:32:48 AM »

I spend $65 on skateboard decks that last 2-3 weeks. I spend $80-90 on shoes that last a month.  As long as the straps last 2 months I don’t see a difference. I’m unsure how $110 on straps is considered unreasonable. They’ll likely last at least a year.

Why are you in here exactly? Your only contributions have been to tell fong you run Velcro straps while he was looking for clip less suggestions, and to tell me my straps were installed wrong only to say they’ll work they’re just inconvenient to how you ride.

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #1738 on: September 15, 2020, 08:52:03 AM »
looking forward to his inevitable re-banning

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1739 on: September 15, 2020, 09:02:24 AM »
Everyone loves a guy who starts a comment with "you should" , its clearly somebody who is bitter and jealous.

A few weeks ago I had a guy in a group ride telling me my derailleur was bent, it clearly wasn't, and I knew he was trying to get in my head because  he was just bitter that I was dropping him on every single climb. Instead of thinking, I should train harder and improve my diet and catch this guy next time, he attempts a passive aggressive attack on me.

pooosey