Author Topic: bikes  (Read 305833 times)

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
Re: bikes
« Reply #1740 on: September 15, 2020, 09:09:49 AM »

Love the setup arrbee, what size chainring are you running? Looks bigger than 48 but it may just be the photos.

Thanks! It is a 48, must just be the photos. Its a stock chain ring that came with the Omnium crankset.

I was looking at AARN chainrings the other day though. Might upgrade at somepoint.

Everyone loves a guy who starts a comment with "you should" , its clearly somebody who is bitter and jealous.

A few weeks ago I had a guy in a group ride telling me my derailleur was bent, it clearly wasn't, and I knew he was trying to get in my head because  he was just bitter that I was dropping him on every single climb. Instead of thinking, I should train harder and improve my diet and catch this guy next time, he attempts a passive aggressive attack on me.

pooosey

Usually the trolls don't get to me, this one hit different cause of how excited this bike makes me.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Lorem_Ipsum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #1741 on: September 15, 2020, 09:38:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Ok. You bought those $100+ fucking mash straps 🤣
[close]

No no no, boo this man.

Nice comments only in the bike thread, take that mean shit somewhere else. 

Thank you for this, Enrico. This thread has been a nice safe haven and a great learning resource.

Why would you shame someone for doing something different than you? Cycling elitism is bullshit, next thing you know we'll be bashing each other over sock height. Get that trash out of here. Arrbee, do your damn thing.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #1742 on: September 15, 2020, 10:07:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I spend $65 on skateboard decks that last 2-3 weeks. I spend $80-90 on shoes that last a month.  As long as the straps last 2 months I don’t see a difference. I’m unsure how $110 on straps is considered unreasonable. They’ll likely last at least a year.

Why are you in here exactly? Your only contributions have been to tell fong you run Velcro straps while he was looking for clip less suggestions, and to tell me my straps were installed wrong only to say they’ll work they’re just inconvenient to how you ride.
They’ll work, they’re just installed wrong and you’re going to have a pain in the ass time adjusting them. As you ride they’ll loosen up. You’d know that if you didn’t just take pictures of your shit. It’s cool though, I was just trying to help and you got all defensive. Hope your poser ass bike gets stolen.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1743 on: September 15, 2020, 10:17:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I spend $65 on skateboard decks that last 2-3 weeks. I spend $80-90 on shoes that last a month.  As long as the straps last 2 months I don’t see a difference. I’m unsure how $110 on straps is considered unreasonable. They’ll likely last at least a year.

Why are you in here exactly? Your only contributions have been to tell fong you run Velcro straps while he was looking for clip less suggestions, and to tell me my straps were installed wrong only to say they’ll work they’re just inconvenient to how you ride.
[close]
They’ll work, they’re just installed wrong and you’re going to have a pain in the ass time adjusting them. As you ride they’ll loosen up. You’d know that if you didn’t just take pictures of your shit. It’s cool though, I was just trying to help and you got all defensive. Hope your poser ass bike gets stolen.

So all of those other straps I linked are installed incorrectly?

Right, the bike that I finished assembling 45 minutes before this photo was taken and ridden for 11 miles in the few hours of my Sunday that was open. Totally only built it for internet points. 

Thanks player.

I hope it gets stolen too looking forward to building the next one. Those MASH frames just dropped and I’m a bit flush after reselling all those dunks this summer.

Helpful would have been “hey dude check out this link on installing straps, you might find it helpful for keeping them tight” but I guess we all don’t have tact.

If you don’t like the build just hit that ignore button and keep it moving.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

« Reply #1744 on: September 15, 2020, 10:23:50 AM »
Calm down with your hurt pussy. And fix your straps.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1745 on: September 15, 2020, 10:25:27 AM »

I’ll do it when the new ones come. Thanks for your concern.

EDIT: According to this the only thing I didn't do was the twist, which I already said I didn't because of how thick the shitty leather is. If i un tuck the strap from the bottom hole of the clasp I can pull straight up and tighten. So if you truly want to be helpful post a link and actually be helpful... "dickhead"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=348&v=SH_oIkVWOco&feature=emb_logo

and this is the same install method I used except I didn't disassemble the pedals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=JSFBFw_7tGI&feature=emb_logo

« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 11:04:30 AM by arrbee »

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1746 on: September 15, 2020, 11:38:06 AM »

basically, what everyone here is saying is, why are you being such a bitch complaining about the mans straps, it says less about the straps and reveals the fact and you are a bitter pooosey.

the bike is sick

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

« Reply #1747 on: September 15, 2020, 12:02:19 PM »
Who’s complaining you illiterate bitch? I was trying to help and everyone got all defensive, oh well.  Arne is literally in tears about his straps now.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1748 on: September 15, 2020, 12:07:42 PM »
when people want help, they ask for help.
ie
When my neighbour is cutting his grass short and its burning, I am tempted to tell him to raise his lawnmower, but I stop myself because its un-necessary and disrespectful and I don't need to make myself feel better by criticizing him.
 I stay in my lane. You should too. 

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1749 on: September 15, 2020, 12:11:39 PM »
Who’s complaining you illiterate bitch? I was trying to help and everyone got all defensive, oh well.  Arne is literally in tears about his straps now.

Still waiting on a link. I've posted 2 defending my install.

Post your pedals so I can see.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

« Reply #1750 on: September 15, 2020, 01:01:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

About halfway down.
https://www.sheldonbrown.com/shoe-pedal.html

And this is my unimpressive daily drive. I have MKS Sylvans and $10 amazon velcro straps. I ran those mash clips on my last bike and hated them. Catch me on BART.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1751 on: September 15, 2020, 02:00:45 PM »

Don't you have some coffee to spill? 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
« Reply #1752 on: September 15, 2020, 02:01:49 PM »
I model more than I ride,but you can't deny my blue steel

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2563
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1753 on: September 15, 2020, 02:03:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

irl lol
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

« Reply #1754 on: September 15, 2020, 02:28:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You remember some shit I posted FROM SIX YEARS AGO and I don’t even know who you are 🤣. Get off my dick hoe.

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1755 on: September 15, 2020, 02:35:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You remember some shit I posted FROM SIX YEARS AGO and I don’t even know who you are 🤣. Get off my dick hoe.

Yes, I do.  You're consistently an embarrassment.  Easy to remember, even through all of your name changes. 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

« Reply #1756 on: September 15, 2020, 03:04:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yes, I do.  You're consistently an embarrassment.  Easy to remember, even through all of your name changes.
I’m sorry that I’m an embarrassment to you. Please DM me why, I’m genuinely curious, internet stranger.

BACK TO BIKES.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1757 on: September 16, 2020, 04:02:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

About halfway down.

And this is my unimpressive daily drive. I have MKS Sylvans and $10 amazon velcro straps. I ran those mash clips on my last bike and hated them. Catch me on BART.

nice bike, my wife and my mother both ride the same one, but they don't have spoke reflectors.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

« Reply #1758 on: September 16, 2020, 11:42:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

About halfway down.

[close]
nice bike, my wife and my mother both ride the same one, but they don't have spoke reflectors.
Yea thanks, it’s comfortable, and I don’t have to rub cream all over my asshole and wear tights to ride it.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1759 on: September 16, 2020, 12:29:38 PM »
i bet you still do, but not while riding it.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

« Reply #1760 on: September 16, 2020, 12:42:33 PM »
Bike AND kink shaming. You guys are the best.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1761 on: September 16, 2020, 01:10:54 PM »
i`m not shaming anyone but you.

you`re the kind of guy that gets dropped on a climb and then stops to somehow fumble around on your derailleur because that clearly was the problem.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

« Reply #1762 on: September 16, 2020, 01:21:55 PM »

you`re the kind of guy that gets dropped on a climb and then stops to somehow fumble around on your derailleur because that clearly was the problem.
You’re the kind of guy that tries to insult and bully people with cycling terminology 🤣 kook.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #1763 on: September 16, 2020, 01:50:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You’re the kind of guy that tries to insult and bully people with cycling terminology 🤣 kook.

“Climb” “derailleur”

Them’s fightin words.

Anyways, to try to steer this conversation back toward something neutral and bike related, has anyone been following the Tour de France this year? The NBC Sports YouTube channel has been condensing coverage into nice 20-30 minute highlight videos, way more palatable than watching the full 3-4 hour stream. Cool seeing different team strategies, what works and what doesn’t, and just how gnarly all these dudes are. 100 miles and 14k feet of climbing in like 4.5 hours, unreal. 

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
« Reply #1764 on: September 16, 2020, 01:53:06 PM »
i'm sure the gazelle growth hormone helps

anillusionofthepants

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1765 on: September 16, 2020, 02:31:55 PM »

“Climb” “derailleur”

Them’s fightin words.

Anyways, to try to steer this conversation back toward something neutral and bike related, has anyone been following the Tour de France this year? The NBC Sports YouTube channel has been condensing coverage into nice 20-30 minute highlight videos, way more palatable than watching the full 3-4 hour stream. Cool seeing different team strategies, what works and what doesn’t, and just how gnarly all these dudes are. 100 miles and 14k feet of climbing in like 4.5 hours, unreal.

Ya I've been keeping up with those. Last year's winner Egan Bernal dropped out which is nuts. I'm not sure who I'm really rooting for because I don't know enough about the riders. I think I'm gravitating towards the EF riders because I like Lachlan Morton and Taylor Phinney.

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #1766 on: September 16, 2020, 03:03:59 PM »
Expand Quote

“Climb” “derailleur”

Them’s fightin words.

[close]

Ya I've been keeping up with those. Last year's winner Egan Bernal dropped out which is nuts. I'm not sure who I'm really rooting for because I don't know enough about the riders. I think I'm gravitating towards the EF riders because I like Lachlan Morton and Taylor Phinney.

Lachlan Morton is great, he did a nice video interview while climbing/descending fixed a little while ago with State Bicycles.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #1767 on: September 16, 2020, 04:46:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

“Climb” “derailleur”

Them’s fightin words.

[close]

[close]

Lachlan Morton is great, he did a nice video interview while climbing/descending fixed a little while ago with State Bicycles.

That Neilson Powless kid rips as well, he’s also the first Native American on the tour which is very cool.

Been enjoying watching Wout Van Aert, it’s sick that he was just so gnarly/dominant at cyclocross, switched to professional road cycling, and is still crushing it at the highest levels.  It’s like the Auby Taylor transition to vert but in spandex and speed shades.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1768 on: September 17, 2020, 01:09:07 AM »
I'm from Slovenia and this year's Tour de France is the first time I ever followed a sporting competition with any level of interest.

It's crazy to see Roglič and Pogačar dominate and then seeing them dominate Strava segments in our local area/country. Their performance coincides nicely with the general increase of new cyclists that were forced out of gyms with the corona virus. I guess cycling is going to get quite a popularity boost this year here.

dunc

• Rep: 51
« Reply #1769 on: September 17, 2020, 02:55:56 AM »
Surly straggler. Just got new tyres and I love it even more!
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!