Author Topic: bikes  (Read 260066 times)

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
Re: bikes
« Reply #2790 on: September 22, 2022, 08:19:26 PM »
i prefer sram we're fighting bane wrady

Mother Goose.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #2791 on: September 22, 2022, 10:02:45 PM »

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #2792 on: September 23, 2022, 02:04:34 AM »
you might be the first person iíve ever met whoís planning on buying sram

You must have not been paying much attention lately because SRAM E-Tap is hugely popular and they basically own the MTB market since Shimano products are still dropping at a trickle. I still prefer both Shimano and mechanical shifting, but this is not the SRAM of 2012.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

wane brady

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 182
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2793 on: September 23, 2022, 06:27:30 AM »
i havenít been paying attention at all since i quit my bike shop job so thatís fair. if you prefer sram itís cause youíve never ridden good shimano/campy imo..  iím also a mech shifting lifer. got to talk about my past life racing criteriums at work yesterday which was nice. donít miss it though.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #2794 on: September 23, 2022, 06:41:44 AM »
i havenít been paying attention at all since i quit my bike shop job so thatís fair. if you prefer sram itís cause youíve never ridden good shimano/campy imo..  iím also a mech shifting lifer. got to talk about my past life racing criteriums at work yesterday which was nice. donít miss it though.

Admittedly, Ultegra is the highest level Shimano group set I've used and the last bike I had with Campy was a De Rosa frame from the 80s I built up with time relative components but I had the same hesitation switching over to SRAM (much less hesitation going from mechanical to electronic) but after testing riding bikes with both eTap and Di2 it was a no brainer for me. I don't see myself going back to Shimano.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

Beeda Weeda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
« Reply #2795 on: September 23, 2022, 07:59:59 AM »
I have had 105 2x and its great, cheap, reliable and durable, no issues at all, I have SRAM force etap 2x12 and its just awesome,  and I HAVE sram apex 1x11  on my gravel bike and i really like it. I don't see a huge jump in quality from one to the other, but I do like srams mechanical shifting style a little bit more but both are pretty awesome, in my opinion.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 420
  • Long Live the New Flesh
« Reply #2796 on: September 23, 2022, 09:34:59 AM »
i haven’t been paying attention at all since i quit my bike shop job so that’s fair. if you prefer sram it’s cause you’ve never ridden good shimano/campy imo..  i’m also a mech shifting lifer. got to talk about my past life racing criteriums at work yesterday which was nice. don’t miss it though.

I'd say if you get the opportunity to try the etap stuff, go in with an open mind. I've ridden Campy Chorus and Record and tbh no hood shape will ever beat campy for me, and my current bike is Dura Ace Di2 which is obviously great as well but etap feels great and the shifting is super intuitive and the set up/maintenance is a breeze. It doesn't have many weaknesses.

Realistically, the higher end groups are all great, I don't think one is necessarily better than the other but SRAM does not lag behind the way they used to, if anything they leaped the competition and now Campy and Shimano seem sort of old fashioned
fart harley barf face hating for no reason like usual

apport

• Rep: 102
« Reply #2797 on: September 23, 2022, 03:13:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is that a profile mulville stem?
[close]
no, it's a rant trill stem, i went cheap on all the components

i highly recommend a shitty mtb to bmx cruiser conversion
[close]
A cool. I don't need another bike.. I live in the flattest city in France so don't need gears, I daily my BMX to work.
[close]
that wasn't necessarily directed at you, more of a general statement because i've been having fun on that bike the past few days.
what are you riding?
i'm the last person who needs another bike, but i want a bmx, it's been like 10 years since i've owned one. either 22 or 24, leaning towards 24. i was pricing out building one but seems to be more cost effective to just buy a complete and replace parts later.
[close]

S&M btm, 20.75 top tube, holder sky high bars and grips, pitchfork wide mouth forks, shredneck stem, 25 tooth drain man sprocket, stealth seat and long Johnson steam, speed ball tyres (2.4 up front and 2.1 in the back)
Odessey head set
United severance cranks 165mm
BSD pro Street wheel set (cassette with NASA rims) and pegs.

Its my first real pro bmx built it during the first lockdowns with my holiday money...

Yeah I got my mate a 24" cruiser he loves it. I would go 22" personally for a cruiser especially if you rode bmx in the past..but that said you can get up to 11" bars and any length of top tube you want in 20" now...look at Hoder he is what 6 foot 5 or something and still rides a 20"...
that's a really nice build, an S&M steel panther frame was part of my dream build when i was piecing one together recently.
i was having hard time going back and forth between 22 and 24, but just pulled the trigger on a 24" dk helio, seems pretty decent for the price and there's no parts on it i would want to replace right away. my current hopping around bike is a 26" hardtail mtb, so the 24" will be a nice change coming from that.