Author Topic: bikes  (Read 307274 times)

boi-cuzudo

Re: bikes
« Reply #2310 on: July 02, 2021, 06:23:10 PM »
I got a great deal on a 2021 used GT agressor pro, everything is stock. my plan is to ride it until the parts wear out and then upgrade to better gear...i'm already watching tutorials on how to clean and adjust mechanic disc breaks  ;D

i just realized i will need tools and chain lube and a helmet I guess

KoRnholio8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2311 on: July 03, 2021, 02:23:39 PM »
what a whirlwind of emotions for us Slovenians watching tour de france this year again ... will Roglič ever break his french GC curse!!

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1397
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2312 on: July 03, 2021, 10:02:04 PM »
Got my gal a buttery trek 850. Nice 90s cro-mo bike that's looks to have barely been ridden. Very comfortable geometry and mechanically mint. $40. I'm probably gonna ride it more than her ;D
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2313 on: July 08, 2021, 08:52:19 PM »
what a whirlwind of emotions for us Slovenians watching tour de france this year again ... will Roglič ever break his french GC curse!!

man, i adore slap.

heartbroken sagan finally dipped, but man, Cav!!

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #2314 on: July 08, 2021, 09:17:18 PM »
Fairdale has the skate racks in stock. Just ordered one.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #2315 on: July 12, 2021, 04:26:42 AM »
I just had a set of Continental Terra speed 35c tubeless installed on my gravel bike, and I put a set of 28c vitoria rubino pro on my road bike.  Anyone running 28s on road?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #2316 on: July 12, 2021, 10:21:45 AM »
I just had a set of Continental Terra speed 35c tubeless installed on my gravel bike, and I put a set of 28c vitoria rubino pro on my road bike.  Anyone running 28s on road?

switched from conti gp5000 25 to 28 (both tubeless) this spring. best decision. first two rides felt awkwardly slow until i saw my data post ride being faster than usual. it just felt much more comfortable (most likely due to the lower pressure) and that fucked with my head. cant see myself going back.

Bay10Blues

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2317 on: July 12, 2021, 01:07:27 PM »

I ride 28’s on my single speed road bike. Made a huge difference going up to them. Smoother ride, less flats overall just more fun.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #2318 on: July 12, 2021, 01:11:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

switched from conti gp5000 25 to 28 (both tubeless) this spring. best decision. first two rides felt awkwardly slow until i saw my data post ride being faster than usual. it just felt much more comfortable (most likely due to the lower pressure) and that fucked with my head. cant see myself going back.
that's how I felt, I dd 50k Sunday morning, it felt slow, felt smooth but the data was pretty much the same as my average ride, maybe a little slower.
I haven't committed to tubeless on the road, I tried a few years ago and I hated it. Its the best for gravel or mountain bikes.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #2319 on: July 14, 2021, 11:49:51 AM »
[quote author=Beeda Weeda link=topic=28161.msg3598238#msg3598238 date=1626120696
that's how I felt, I dd 50k Sunday morning, it felt slow, felt smooth but the data was pretty much the same as my average ride, maybe a little slower.
I haven't committed to tubeless on the road, I tried a few years ago and I hated it. Its the best for gravel or mountain bikes.
[/quote]

the wheels i upgraded to were tubeless ready, so i gave it a shot. now im 1 1/2 years in, little more than 10k km, not a single puncture even though i am riding partly on shitty roads and gravel. i understand that it can be a hassle if it doesnt work, but for me, so far it worked like a charm.

SLAPASONIC

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2320 on: July 15, 2021, 01:23:26 AM »
My fairdale skate rack is missing, I can't find it anywhere and I don't think I remember putting it anywhere.

I have a feeling it was stolen off my bike, they're really hard to get in Japan :(

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #2321 on: July 26, 2021, 07:17:49 PM »
slap i dont know how to google,
i need help finding a website to buy mtb components,
something like tactics but for mtbs
please help :'(

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #2322 on: July 26, 2021, 08:01:53 PM »
Maybe Jenson? Idk, my local bike shop has a pretty good website and it links to the distribution inventory, so they can order whatever’s out there.

What are you looking for?

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #2323 on: July 27, 2021, 10:39:28 AM »

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/mountain-bikes?fl=true

This place is a great company with great customer service, but they deal with more high end equipment.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #2324 on: July 27, 2021, 12:55:05 PM »
I haven't found a good online retailer for bike parts. Jenson has everything I need but the shipping takes forever and prices aren't much less than my local bike shop.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #2325 on: July 27, 2021, 01:51:08 PM »
just have your shop order it through their distro, if they can’t get it chances are you won’t be able to either and you’ll still need them to install it.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #2326 on: July 27, 2021, 02:45:03 PM »
Thank you for the help/tips Pals! As long as I'm not buying from a Remive sort of business. I'm still learning what brands are cool in the MTB world and what is not legit.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #2327 on: July 27, 2021, 02:54:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Maybe Jenson? Idk, my local bike shop has a pretty good website and it links to the distribution inventory, so they can order whatever’s out there.

I need a 35mm long stem I believe and I want to convert my front gears from 3x to 1x, I have no idea what I will buy

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #2328 on: July 27, 2021, 09:26:24 PM »
Putting my vote in for probikesupply.com - they have a brick and mortar that's close to me and the dudes who work there are super rad and helpful, far less vibey than any other bike shop in the area. They rip too 

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #2329 on: July 27, 2021, 09:47:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I need a 35mm long stem I believe and I want to convert my front gears from 3x to 1x, I have no idea what I will buy
God speed. I thought about doing that to my old mtb but the rabbit hole I went down wasn’t worth it. Don’t be this guy.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #2330 on: July 28, 2021, 10:59:12 AM »
Putting my vote in for probikesupply.com - they have a brick and mortar that's close to me and the dudes who work there are super rad and helpful, far less vibey than any other bike shop in the area. They rip too

Thank you!!

Vintagebody

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2331 on: July 29, 2021, 10:08:00 AM »
"New" bike! Giant TCR Advanced 0 Di2 Ultegra. I had a CAAD10 before it, which I actually enjoyed more. More fun, stiffer, felt faster

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #2332 on: July 29, 2021, 12:27:33 PM »
Mixed terrain ride with @410 last week in San Francisco.

I rented the Cannondale Topstone, Specialzed Diverge is 410's. The Golden Gate bridge is behind that fog. From sunset over the bridge through Marin headlands/Golden Gate National Recreation Area loop back over the bridge up Market to Mission through Soma back over to Sunset.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 04:14:07 PM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Skibb

• Rep: 68
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2333 on: July 29, 2021, 01:05:31 PM »
^^^ That looks like a fucking great time.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #2334 on: July 30, 2021, 11:53:33 AM »
"New" bike! Giant TCR Advanced 0 Di2 Ultegra. I had a CAAD10 before it, which I actually enjoyed more. More fun, stiffer, felt faster

TCR’s are sick. i got mine secondhand and had 0 complaints with it. it wasn’t the “highest end” but i got on a few local podiums with it. you’re gonna dig it.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2335 on: July 31, 2021, 12:16:17 AM »
I've done 540km on it so far. I do enjoy it. Its a comfy ride. But I dont dig it. My CAAD10 with Campag Zonda wheelset was much stiffer, and ofc, did not hide vibrations as well as a carbon bike will do. So you feel like ur flying, while ur actually going pretty slow :D

« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 12:26:51 AM by Vintagebody »

buffalo hunter

• Rep: 35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2336 on: July 31, 2021, 06:15:11 PM »
I retired my TCR a few months ago with 40,000 miles. Took me places I never dreamed about going too. Excellent bike

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #2337 on: August 03, 2021, 01:09:39 PM »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #2338 on: August 03, 2021, 07:46:07 PM »
^

love that topview, looks classy.

gonna pick up a new stem tomorrow and maybe a handlebar.

i have this dream that involves expensive imports. namely oury v2 grips in gum from blue lug. and then i want to get a brooks cambium in orange. that thing looks like a basketball basically, it's sick. also it rains like hell here and i'm tired of a wet ass after every rainshower. my saddle sucks up so much water it's not even funny. and i did the plastic bag thing but come on, i don't want ride around like this. that cambium would be weather proof and my butt would be less wet just from sitting.

anyone got experiences with oury v2 grips or cambium saddles?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #2339 on: August 03, 2021, 07:59:06 PM »
^

love that topview, looks classy.

gonna pick up a new stem tomorrow and maybe a handlebar.

i have this dream that involves expensive imports. namely oury v2 grips in gum from blue lug. and then i want to get a brooks cambium in orange. that thing looks like a basketball basically, it's sick. also it rains like hell here and i'm tired of a wet ass after every rainshower. my saddle sucks up so much water it's not even funny. and i did the plastic bag thing but come on, i don't want ride around like this. that cambium would be weather proof and my butt would be less wet just from sitting.

anyone got experiences with oury v2 grips or cambium saddles?

I have a brooks cambium on one of my rigs. Does a number on the crotch of pants. No issues if I’m running bibs though.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma