Author Topic: achilles tendon/heel help  (Read 2875 times)

jrock

achilles tendon/heel help
« on: September 08, 2008, 11:32:41 PM »
i don't know what causing it, but i've been getting a lot of pain in stiffness where my achilles tendons attach to my heels.  i've never had this problem before, and it hurts like a motherfucker to the point where i'm having trouble walking.

anyone had anything similar happen before?  any advice on what I could do about it?

Whirling Dervish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: achilles tendon/heel help
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 11:44:06 AM »
I get the same kind of thing on my right foot when I sit down for a while after skating all day.  I've never really looked into it so I guess I'm not much help. I usually just walk it off and it helps.

BriDen

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 01:22:39 AM »
I got an mri a few months ago and found out that I have "Achilles tendonitis" and it sounds like what you're talking about. The doc told me that I should just stetch it out, very much like a lunge pose for 5 minutes each morning. It's been good to me so far.

jrock

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 11:08:06 PM »
yeah i thought about that.  i have a disease that causes tissue inflamation, and i get arthritis from time to time, so this might be related to that.  i was just thinking it was something else because i'm not really feeling it in the joints that I usually get it in.  I'm definitely going to bring it up to the doctor next time i see him cause nothing i've been doing seems to help.

Krunkers

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 05:21:18 PM »
strech it out and put some tiger balm on it dude worked for me

jalopy james

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 10:32:46 PM »
http://www.emedicine.com/sports/TOPIC2.HTM

sounds like your tendons might be torn, maybe from too many hard landings, run outs, bails, etc.

KFC should give cockatiels with their variety bucket, so you can eat one bird and love another.

keystonepremium

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 08:49:20 AM »
stand on the edge of a step backwards with the balls of your feet and relax so you dip down and stretch a little. buy some non-vulc hightops. maybe look into some dr. scholl's inserts or an ankle brace if shit gets hectic. at least thats what i would do.