Golden milk coffee

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Teas
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2021, 08:18:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
We drink maaaaad teas in this house. Most are loose herbal teas made for relaxation, sleep, rest. Chamomile, Passion flower, skull cap, California poppy... all sorts of stuff in there to help you mellow out. We've got some pretty good ones for seasonal stuff as well, like a lung/respiratory tea that's pretty legit.

Golden Milk is bomb too. Ginger, Turmeric, black pepper, honey, milk. Good for the stomach, mind, and inflammation
[close]

How do you make golden milk?

I drink Chai and jasmine tea a good amount
[close]
tazo makes a really good golden milk concentrate. I literally have 3 boxes of it in the fridge.

I'm not sure the ratio, because my partner always makes it, but we use a non-dairy milk (I find coconut and hemp milk to be the creamiest), ground fresh turmeric, ground fresh ginger, coconut oil, black pepper to help absorb curcumin in turmeric for anti inflammatory stuff, and optional cinnamon and honey to sweeten it up. Bring it all to a low boil/bubble and it's ready to drink. I think the ratio might be 4parts turmeric 1 part ginger. of course this can vary with powdered varieties but it's really pretty hard to mess up if you like the tastes of this stuff.

We make numerous mason jars quantity at a time so we can drink it often without having to do the work. powders are a lot easier
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2021, 11:11:29 PM »
I've been grating, ginger, turmeric, lemon peel, then adding lemon juice, cayanne, pepper, maple syrup, water.....boiling, letting it cool and put it in a mason jar.  Its good to have around to add to hot or cold water. 

I make kombucha too....once you start you kinda can't let your scobie down.....

Cockaigne

• Rep: 0
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2021, 01:02:46 AM »
Anyone ever witnessed a tea ceremony?

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2021, 06:15:02 PM »
Milk and two.
No other way for me.
Always two teabags.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2021, 11:16:36 PM »
This is like eating a cloud. It is amazing.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2021, 12:08:10 AM »
Anyone ever witnessed a tea ceremony?

Do you mean kava? It fucked me up somewhat and I couldn’t feel my mouth but the best times I had was just the root in hot chocolate at home nice little nightcap sort of thing
listen to cosmic psychos

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2021, 01:47:49 AM »
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2021, 02:36:52 AM »
Getting real into a lemon infusion and honey before bed. It’s getting cold down here and it makes a better night stand drink than a coors

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2021, 11:21:55 AM »
left the coffee world 2 years ago due to IBS issues.  highly recommend cutting out coffee if you have bathroom issues.

I drink 2 cups of tea a day and love it.

anyone else get super nauseous if they drink black tea on an empty stomach? good god, that's the worst feeling ever. 

there's a reason the British drink tea with biscuits and cookies n shit

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2021, 11:36:45 AM »
left the coffee world 2 years ago due to IBS issues.  highly recommend cutting out coffee if you have bathroom issues.

anyone else get super nauseous if they drink black tea on an empty stomach? good god, that's the worst feeling ever. 

It‘s important not to let black tea steep too long. Otherwise I also get dizzy of it.

I am mostly on herbal stuff, just made a pot with fresh peppermint, oregano, rosemary,  sage (all from my pots), added fresh ginger and dried hibiscusflowers. Nice!
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2021, 11:41:27 AM »

yeah, i'm better with drinking coffee on an empty stomach than black tea. but i had to cut that down as well.

i used to work in coffee til covid for years and i cut my consumption down by a ton during work. i legit thought i had heart issues at some point, like super high blood pressure and shit. i probably had 6 shots everyday morning until noon from tasting if the espresso flows right. then add two to three shots or filter coffees just because i wanted to drink some and i was at 9 or sometimes more shots of espresso and some filter coffee.

i'm now down to one to two cups of filter coffee and i have way less stomach and digestive issues, less headaches and feel way more chill and less moody. also coffee actually amps me up again. my blood pressure at least feels normal again as well. another reason to cut out the amount is that i pretty much only buy specialty coffee from local roasters and as that stuff is expensive i don't want to burn through it in a few days by drinking a whole pot. i'd rather have two types of beans and alternate between them. usually get one that's more like a more classic, nutty roast for the mornings and some more typical specialty lighter roast with some nice acidity/juiciness for cup two in the noon.

at home we always keep some cookies on the table to have with our tea and coffee. i actually love having coffee with a hearty breakfast like scrambled eggs, beans and grilled cheese sandwiches. green tea goes well with veggie heavy breakfasts, like israelian salad, avocados, fruits. for some reason i love black teas along tuna salad sandwiches. chamomile in the morning when i feel stomach sensitive and only feel like i can munch down a banana and some buttered toast.