Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 225355 times)

abraham linksys

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1920 on: April 27, 2014, 10:09:12 AM »
flyers win on the road.
st.louis wins and stays alive in chicago. hope tj oshie has a big game because I need that game 7.
anaheim ends the series in dallas tonight.

unrelated: sharks came out the first 3 games ready to play and now they're absolutely gonna shit the bed.
you know it, I know it, and now the LA kings know it.

Harem

« Reply #1921 on: April 27, 2014, 03:06:21 PM »
Thanks for coming St Losers :D

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1922 on: April 27, 2014, 04:09:08 PM »
I hope whoever plays Chicago next round kicks their asses, fuck off already.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1923 on: April 27, 2014, 04:51:01 PM »

I know dude.  I really hate it when a team is good and doesn't have to rely on checks to get ahead.  Or has a goalie that doesn't fold under pressure.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 04:55:11 PM by oyolar »

Nick..

« Reply #1924 on: April 27, 2014, 05:08:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know dude.  I really hate it when a team is good and doesn't have to rely on checks to get ahead.  Or has a goalie that doesn't fold under pressure.

I can sense your sarcasm a mile away, but I doubt many people expect for Hawks fan and their bandwagoners who only watch during the playoffs are really going to enjoy seeing Chicago potentially go the finals again.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1925 on: April 27, 2014, 07:51:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I know dude.  I really hate it when a team is good and doesn't have to rely on checks to get ahead.  Or has a goalie that doesn't fold under pressure.

[close]
I can sense your sarcasm a mile away, but I doubt many people expect for Hawks fan and their bandwagoners who only watch during the playoffs are really going to enjoy seeing Chicago potentially go the finals again.

You can talk shit on fairweather fans or bandwagon jumpers all you want, but that doesn't win Cups, doesn't make the Hawks a worse team, and doesn't change the fact that the Blues royally fucked up two years in a row.  I understand being pissed, but you're not talking hockey--you're complaining about random shit.  "There is a certain resolve required to win a championship and that team has it and we are trying to get it," said Blues coach Ken Hitchcock (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/columnist/allen/2014/04/21/blackhawks-beat-blues-game-3/7992547/).  That's your own coach saying what the Blues' problem is and what the Blackhawks' greatest asset is.

EDIT: Also, if you don't enjoy watching a technical team play against another good team, then I don't know what to tell you.  The level at which the NHL is at now and is going to, I know that I'll at least watch the finals regardless of whether the Blackhawks are in or not because it's good hockey at that point.  Not the hit and runs or fights that tend to dominate the games that bandwagoners and ignorant hockey fans prefer.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 07:58:42 PM by oyolar »

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1926 on: April 27, 2014, 08:06:11 PM »
If colorado beats Minnesota then Avs vs. Blackhawks will be a crazy series. Colorado beat Chicago mostly during the regular season if I remember correctly but the playoffs are a whole different ball game. Duchene and Barrie will be out, plus Chicago has way more playoff experience and can perform better under pressure. Honestly I can't see colorado makin it through that series but if it did happen, boy talk about the upset of the year. Second to last place in the standings from last season to beating the reigning champions. 
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1927 on: April 27, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »
Yeah, an Avs vs. Blackhawks series will be very exciting/stressful.  Some good hockey will come out of it though at the very least.

Nick..

« Reply #1928 on: April 27, 2014, 09:04:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I know dude.  I really hate it when a team is good and doesn't have to rely on checks to get ahead.  Or has a goalie that doesn't fold under pressure.

[close]
[close]

You can talk shit on fairweather fans or bandwagon jumpers all you want, but that doesn't win Cups, doesn't make the Hawks a worse team, and doesn't change the fact that the Blues royally fucked up two years in a row.  I understand being pissed, but you're not talking hockey--you're complaining about random shit.  "There is a certain resolve required to win a championship and that team has it and we are trying to get it," said Blues coach Ken Hitchcock (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/columnist/allen/2014/04/21/blackhawks-beat-blues-game-3/7992547/).  That's your own coach saying what the Blues' problem is and what the Blackhawks' greatest asset is.

EDIT: Also, if you don't enjoy watching a technical team play against another good team, then I don't know what to tell you.  The level at which the NHL is at now and is going to, I know that I'll at least watch the finals regardless of whether the Blackhawks are in or not because it's good hockey at that point.  Not the hit and runs or fights that tend to dominate the games that bandwagoners and ignorant hockey fans prefer.
The Blues are one of the best up and coming teams in the league right now, but again, the more experienced team beat them and it didn't help that Miller (although everyone is accountable no doubt) provided under .900SV% goaltending. I just want to see St.Louis take that next step and go deeper into the playoffs, and they could definitely do that next season if their offence improves and they take what they've learned from this series. With Chicago, I just want to see someone else in the West dominate in the playoffs for once is all.

Not related but that Stars-Ducks series I enjoyed although Dallas lost. The line of Nichushkin-Seguin-Benn will definitely make some noise over the next few years.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:07:05 PM by Nick.. »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1929 on: April 27, 2014, 09:21:04 PM »
I agree with you definitely because I always like to see teams progress and improve.  I understand what you're saying about wanting to see someone else progress and see what they're made of.  I got a little excited, so sorry about that.

Nick..

« Reply #1930 on: April 27, 2014, 09:30:28 PM »
If Miller didn't suck that much and everyone else not named Tarasenko contributed offensively, they could of had a shot because they were great the first two games.

The Leafs historically collapsed again... and pretty much every team I wanted to win (LA, Tampa, Dallas, and St.Louis) didn't/won't make it out of the first round.

And I'm definitely not a fan of fighting in hockey. Watching Carlyle play Orr over better guys like Bodie, Holland, D'Amigo and Ashton all season was fucking infuriating because he doesn't do anything at all.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:32:07 PM by Nick.. »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1595
« Reply #1931 on: April 27, 2014, 09:46:12 PM »
Av's won't have another round left in em.....

Sucks about St. Louis but all the planets have to be in alignment....they're at a bit of a crossroads now.....it makes no sense but when they grabbed Miller....it just didn't smell right...they blew some big regular season games too...

Man....hawks are probably the most multi faceted team in the league....I can't front....Don't think they'll pull through this year though.  The ducks can take 'em...if the sharks squeeze past LA....maybe?

Best round is first round anyhow.....

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1932 on: April 27, 2014, 10:23:39 PM »
Expand Quote
his back foot's on the other side so he's straddling.  not offsides
[close]
The rules say his skate has to be on the ice. His back skate isn't on the ice, therefore it's offsides.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bruins/Habs is going to be a fucking war
[close]
I hope Montreal gets their asses kicked.
[close]
It will be an emotional series, it's bad they have to wait for other series to finish. MLB the games get played ASAP, doesn't matter if previous round is being played. Get it over with I want to be on the beach in June not watching hockey. NHL has a ton of work to do, their structure is absolutely the worst in pro sports
[close]
This is exactly why I ignore you
Yes beacuse playing ice hockey in June makes sense right?  ??? ??? ??? Ryan Miller was relieved the Blues lost, he said postgame he now will be able to attend his sister in law's wedding! The players dont give a shit, why should we?

abraham linksys

« Reply #1933 on: April 27, 2014, 10:43:31 PM »
of course the dumpy blackhawks come back to life and are playing good hockey now. big time bummer I was digging st.louis rip
did I score?.

Harem

« Reply #1934 on: April 28, 2014, 03:17:05 AM »
Losing the last 6 games going into the play offs wasn't exactly the ideal preparation for St Louis. Finishing their season with 2 wins from the last 12 games.

abraham linksys

« Reply #1935 on: April 28, 2014, 02:32:28 PM »
columbus wins tonight at home. fuck the penguins!
colorado/minnesota is interesting. wild play good at home but I still think the avs end it tonight.
LA kings win at home and force game 7. they just want it more right now.

police state

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1936 on: April 28, 2014, 03:44:02 PM »
i love me some game 7 hockey, cmon columbus, wild, kings.
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #1937 on: April 28, 2014, 09:28:30 PM »
is anyone watching this sharks game right now? how is that a goal stalock had that covered up.

edit: welp doesnt matter now

Harem

« Reply #1938 on: April 28, 2014, 09:36:12 PM »
Kopitar is something else.

abraham linksys

« Reply #1939 on: April 28, 2014, 10:55:14 PM »
dang columbus was coming back too but oh well still fuck the penguins.
this shit pisses me off. you get checked so you decide to go knee to knee. I'm glad you fuckin went down vitale ya bitch.as for colorado/minnesota i'll never complain about a game seven.
COMEBACK KINGS! LA/SJ game 7 will be nasty.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1940 on: April 28, 2014, 11:55:37 PM »
LA is playing killer right now, SJ on the verge of another collapse?? Getting shutout in your own building must hurt, SJ is shook they can't handle playoffs never could. Does anyone see this team advancing and having a good chance to win?
:D :D :D

Nick..

« Reply #1941 on: April 29, 2014, 08:24:34 AM »
Pretty happy that the Kings got Gaborik for essentially nothing. I hope he's re-signed next season.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1595
« Reply #1942 on: April 29, 2014, 08:52:41 AM »
Expand Quote
LA is playing killer right now, SJ on the verge of another collapse?? Getting shutout in your own building must hurt, SJ is shook they can't handle playoffs never could. Does anyone see this team advancing and having a good chance to win?
[close]
:D :D :D

I said it at the beginning of the playoffs....so I gotta stand by it now....

abraham linksys

« Reply #1943 on: April 29, 2014, 04:46:06 PM »
philly please win and force game 7.

Not a Fotograph

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1944 on: April 29, 2014, 04:52:26 PM »
Wayne Train!

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #1945 on: April 29, 2014, 06:05:32 PM »
Wayne Train!

wayne is a force in front of the net

Harem

« Reply #1946 on: April 29, 2014, 06:07:55 PM »
3 Game 7's now. Not sure how I can concentrate on my studying.

Harem

« Reply #1947 on: April 29, 2014, 06:18:28 PM »
Simmonds. Oh boy.

abraham linksys

« Reply #1948 on: April 30, 2014, 01:48:46 PM »
3 game 7s! its gonna get nasty tonight.
philadelphia flyers win at msg.
colorado wins at home.
and the LA KINGS win big in san jose. typical sharks.

maybe rangers fans will get rowdy like these flyer fans.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:54:22 PM by abraham linksys »

Harem

« Reply #1949 on: April 30, 2014, 06:44:36 PM »
Look's like that Rangers fan will have the last laugh.