Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224411 times)

cant stop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #2460 on: February 21, 2018, 08:40:09 AM »
Anyone down for this season? As a Devils fan Im pretty excited, especially how Hall finally settled in and how he has preformed all season.

Trade deadline coming up. I dont see us doing anything. Maybe someone get hooked on Reverend Lovejoy? I sure hope so.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2461 on: February 21, 2018, 10:25:04 AM »
The Leafs have been so fucking fun to watch this year. I'd be amazed if Andersen wasn't in the conversation for the Vezina this year, guy is definitely climbing into that upper echelon of elite goalies.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 31
« Reply #2462 on: February 21, 2018, 10:30:51 AM »
Crazy to see teams like Ottawa make it so far last year and be absolutely garbage this year. This season has been pretty wild and there's still so much more.

As a Pittsburgh native and Pens fan (i know there's a lot of hate towards them) but i'm pumped they turned their shitty start around.

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #2463 on: February 21, 2018, 12:45:42 PM »
I'm also a Pens fan so it's good to see them wake it up recently. Been watching the Bolts too. Kucherov is a dick and I love it. His new trick oops goals are so insane. Holtby looked so fucking pissed the other night.

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #2464 on: February 21, 2018, 02:32:07 PM »
 Pens fuckin suck. Kessell is the only redeemer.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2465 on: February 23, 2018, 10:44:19 AM »
And Germany kicked out Canada. Discuss.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #2466 on: February 24, 2018, 06:49:30 PM »
like skateboarding....I don't care that much about the Olympics....it's a thrown together tournament and this time didn't even have pros.....these are guys should all be retired....

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #2467 on: February 26, 2018, 08:24:54 PM »
like skateboarding....I don't care that much about the Olympics....it's a thrown together tournament and this time didn't even have pros.....these are guys should all be retired....
What the hell are you talking about? Canada and USA were mostly young guys and the rest of the countries were mostly a mix of NHL prospects and KHL/SHL/Extraliga/etc. pros. I like it better like this honestly, more room for competition and better team chemistry instead of just having a bunch of all-star rosters; plus it gives other countries (see: Germany) a better chance to compete.

How 'bout that trade deadline though?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2468 on: February 27, 2018, 01:18:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What the hell are you talking about? Canada and USA were mostly young guys and the rest of the countries were mostly a mix of NHL prospects and KHL/SHL/Extraliga/etc. pros. I like it better like this honestly, more room for competition and better team chemistry instead of just having a bunch of all-star rosters; plus it gives other countries (see: Germany) a better chance to compete.

How 'bout that trade deadline though?

This tournament already happened a couple months ago - it's called the Spengler Cup. I had zero interest in waking up early to watch former NHL has-beens on Team Canada and USA knowing OAR would end up winning gold anyway since their roster was comprised of the two best teams in the KHL.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #2469 on: February 27, 2018, 08:49:54 PM »
https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-canada/men/olympics/2018/2018-men-olympic-hockey-team

Average age 31......

The coach was a guy who was fired by the Canucks.....

Frosty178

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2470 on: February 28, 2018, 09:43:56 AM »
Canucks still in tank-mode. I get why, it just makes for painful viewing. Vanek trade nearly killed me, Motte better fulfil some prodigal shit in the next few years.

Senrud

• Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #2471 on: March 05, 2018, 11:26:23 AM »
It's crazy how the Senators went into full fire sale mode this year after going so far in the playoffs last year

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #2472 on: March 05, 2018, 01:56:41 PM »
It's crazy how the Senators went into full fire sale mode this year after going so far in the playoffs last year

I find it hilarious. I hate the sens. By the looks of it they won't be in Ottawa long
Gentleman ninja warlock

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #2473 on: March 06, 2018, 04:29:10 AM »
it shows how important Bryan murry was to that franchise.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2474 on: April 04, 2018, 12:52:23 PM »
Fucking pissed that we lost Suter for the playoffs. We're out quick.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2475 on: April 04, 2018, 04:03:09 PM »
Ottawa is gonna lose karlson 😂😂😂😂

Awesome.

Not stoked we play Tampa or Boston first round, but it'll be awesome hockey to watch nonetheless.

I'd rather face Boston out of the two
Gentleman ninja warlock

Mongoloid

« Reply #2476 on: April 12, 2018, 07:32:50 PM »
Was worried about having to play Toronto in the first round... not worried at all now!

Bruins came out playing harder in the first than they had in some time, and generally dictated the play the entire game. I don't wanna feel overly confident in this win (as game 2 Toronto is gonna bring it), but there is no reason Boston can't take this.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2477 on: April 12, 2018, 08:31:06 PM »
Was worried about having to play Toronto in the first round... not worried at all now!

Bruins came out playing harder in the first than they had in some time, and generally dictated the play the entire game. I don't wanna feel overly confident in this win (as game 2 Toronto is gonna bring it), but there is no reason Boston can't take this.

I'm a leafs fan, but that was brutal to watch. Clearly the B's outplayed the shit outta us
Gentleman ninja warlock

NeppuNeppu

« Reply #2478 on: April 13, 2018, 02:49:12 AM »
Going to the game between Kings and Golden Knights tomorrow and with Doughty receiving a one game suspension it'll make it much easier for the GKs to steam roll us. I'm not feeling too hopeful for the Kings to pull out a win tomorrow night or even the series. The old "That's so Kings" adage still maintains its relevance. Still super stoked though.

Pretty nuts how there's been three shutouts already.

Mongoloid

« Reply #2479 on: April 15, 2018, 05:03:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm a leafs fan, but that was brutal to watch. Clearly the B's outplayed the shit outta us

My condolences..

David Morherfuckin’ Godstrnak! What a beauty!

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2480 on: April 15, 2018, 07:14:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My condolences..

David Morherfuckin’ Godstrnak! What a beauty!

Good for the kid! He broke a Gretzky record, that's nuts!

Man I hope we can at least play 1-2 good games. This is embarrassing
Gentleman ninja warlock

Mongoloid

« Reply #2481 on: April 15, 2018, 08:16:34 AM »
If it makes you feel any better, I don't see the B's taking game 3.

So that would be a great platform to build off of.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2482 on: April 15, 2018, 07:29:01 PM »
So glad to see the Wild beat the shit out of Winnipeg, I was getting worried. Hopefully we can keep it up on Tuesday and even things out. It's really hurting us not having Suter out there. Minnesota luck, I guess.

Mongoloid

« Reply #2483 on: April 25, 2018, 08:49:17 PM »
Round 2 Baby! Jake motherfuckin' Debrusk!

Toronto played hard, but my boys pulled it off! Bring on TB!

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #2484 on: April 25, 2018, 10:48:20 PM »
Bruins all day , sucks they won't get the rest for Tampa but fuck - if they could pull out the W this series i have faith in any series moving forward

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2485 on: April 26, 2018, 07:52:42 AM »
Hats off to the bruins! Obviously the better team. I'm actually surprised my leafs took it to game 7, proud of them though.

It's blatantly obvious Gardiner has to go!

Now I'm on the Jets bandwagon. Whomever takes that series will win the cup imo
Gentleman ninja warlock

Mongoloid

« Reply #2486 on: April 26, 2018, 10:02:20 AM »
Hats off to the bruins! Obviously the better team. I'm actually surprised my leafs took it to game 7, proud of them though.

I was impressed how well the leafs played against the Bergeron line in the later half of the series. Matthews was invisible, but goddamn did Marner ever impress.

Can’t be upset about your team rallying back down 3-1 in the series. Impressive to have pushed it to a game 7.

Jets are also my western pick, and who I want to win it if my Bruins get eliminated.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2487 on: April 26, 2018, 10:28:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was impressed how well the leafs played against the Bergeron line in the later half of the series. Matthews was invisible, but goddamn did Marner ever impress.

Can’t be upset about your team rallying back down 3-1 in the series. Impressive to have pushed it to a game 7.

Jets are also my western pick, and who I want to win it if my Bruins get eliminated.

I'm stoked how well they played. A second year rebuild, we did awesome!

Your right though, Mathews was a no show and like the last two months of the season, marner showed he's gonna be a bonafide superstar. Reminds me of yzerman(my fav. Player ever)

Good luck bruins! I'd love to see them take out Tampa!

And Winnipeg looks beast. I'd really like to see Boston and winny, that would be an awesome series!
Gentleman ninja warlock

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #2488 on: April 26, 2018, 11:15:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I'm stoked how well they played. A second year rebuild, we did awesome!

Your right though, Mathews was a no show and like the last two months of the season, marner showed he's gonna be a bonafide superstar. Reminds me of yzerman(my fav. Player ever)

Good luck bruins! I'd love to see them take out Tampa!

And Winnipeg looks beast. I'd really like to see Boston and winny, that would be an awesome series!

Agreed! I think all Bruins fans have respect for that series and what the leafs managed to do. But in the end Boston was a better team and has so much depth. The DeBrusk Krejci Nash line last night was on fire. The leafs did do a great job at shutting down the Bergy line though.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2489 on: April 26, 2018, 11:57:52 AM »
capitols and pens is gonna be a great series .. hoping ovi gets his cup that he deserves
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?