Author Topic: Bearing Help  (Read 1722 times)

Well Comma

Bearing Help
« on: October 03, 2008, 06:27:18 PM »
Ok, so my past three or four wheel-bearing combinations have been Spitfires and Reds. One of the wheels with the Reds before the ones I am riding now locked up, so I replaced the bearings with Reds again. My front two wheels are on the path of locking up right now. I don't skate that much, but I do skate a lot of really dirty/dusty ditches. Also, it may be important to note that my board rolled through two large puddles a while back, but I replaced those bearings and the first time my wheel locked up was before my board rode through the water. I am still riding the trucks and they do seem slightly affected by the water, but I don't think that would have anything to do with the wheels rolling. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but it is annoying that it happened so soon already. I mean, yeah, Reds aren't the top of the line bearings, but I have had these bearings for maybe a month or so of moderate skating.

Does anyone have any suggestions to prevent this from happening? Should I try to clean the bearings, and if so, can someone explain the best way to do so?

Edward Penishands

Re: Bearing Help
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 06:33:51 PM »
follow the cleaning instructions that come with the bearings if they are really shitting out on you that bad.  it's well worth it, just follow exactly what they say.

Well Comma

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 06:49:38 PM »
I'm pretty sure Reds don't come with cleaning instructions. Even if they do, I don't have the box they came in. I'll search online or something.

I'll try this: http://skateboard.about.com/od/boardmaintenance/ss/HowToCleanBear.htm

I guess my bearings just get really dirty.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 07:02:34 PM »

jalopy james

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 03:39:51 PM »
<b>I'm pretty sure Reds don't come with cleaning instructions.</b> Even if they do, I don't have the box they came in. I'll search online or something.

I'll try this: http://skateboard.about.com/od/boardmaintenance/ss/HowToCleanBear.htm

I guess my bearings just get really dirty.

i'm pretty sure they do.
and stop skating such dirty spots!
KFC should give cockatiels with their variety bucket, so you can eat one bird and love another.