Author Topic: Barcelona apartments  (Read 3543 times)

Zurg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Barcelona apartments
« on: July 05, 2006, 09:42:34 AM »
looking to make the trip this september. If anyone one here has gone and has advice, information or references for apartments let me know. thanks

ECSchris

Re: Barcelona apartments
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 10:19:28 AM »
are you going strictly for skating?  or vacation as well.  and how nice of an apartment are you looking to rent?

yeah dude!

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 02:42:50 PM »
I'm looking into the same thing and the best site I've found so far is www.apartmentsramblas.com

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 04:32:05 PM »
Not strictly but yeah, mostly for skating. So something close to the majority of spots. Im looking for a fairly cheap one to split between 3 or 4 people, anyone have any idea on the cost for that?

hardcore ufos

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 05:05:45 PM »
i only went to the main page and those definitely don't look cheap.  wait till you get down there to find one and just live in the shittiest one possible.

roulette

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 05:51:57 PM »
thats the site i used 2yrs ago. a legit apartment wont be any cheaper than 250 euros for sure.  and dont try the hostel thing

yeah dude!

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 07:39:41 PM »
i only went to the main page and those definitely don't look cheap.  wait till you get down there to find one and just live in the shittiest one possible.

I don't know where you've looked but if you had 4 people, which is what those apartments sleep, it would be 16 euro, or 20 us dollars, a day and that is the cheapest I've been able to find. Flying over there without a place to stay could be risky.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 07:46:18 AM »

If you're going to do that get a hostel for a couple night and just spend 2 day looking for flats, BUT remember if this is your plan only do it at the end/begining of the month as that's when people leave flats otherwise you'll end up fucked, if you want a cheap flat look around Gracia, it's a little bit further a good skate into town and a 15 minute Metro ride home.

But find an area you want to live in first, the cheapest places are obviously the shitty areas, i live in Raval, beside Paral.lel it was cheap, good, and really nice, but that was living on Rambla de Raval, it's full of imigrants/thieves/gypsy's and it can be pretty ghetto, but it wasn't that bad, once the locals realise you live there they stop trying to steal shit from you and turn nice hahaha, it's just off Las Ramblas and about half the price of anything you'll find there.

Otherwise Barri Gothica is ghetto, fucking hot, no air, but really cheap and the other side of Las Ramblas, the area around Universtate is pretty good, but getting out of the centre.

Honestly get a map, have a look at where you want to be near, a Metro station is a must, then just look for that area - if you're going to search the web, remember you're renting in CATALAN, NOT SPAIN, i can't remember any of the sites i looked at but i think catalunyaonline or something like that was really handy, also remember to pick the flyers off the lappost i got a sick flat for a month doing that, MACBA and asking other skaters for rooms it good to, got a flat for a month doing that as well, you should also be able to hook up a night or 2 from someone friendly if you're lucky.

Just remember the end/begining of the month thing and the Catalan thing and you'll get a flat that's cheap and in a good part of town
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 11:22:34 AM »
Thanks Donnie, Rambla de Raval seems like what im after. I am going at the very end of august/ beginning of september, so it seems like there should be some options. thanks again everybody

overdoso

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 02:34:59 AM »
Macba was invaded by cops (guardia civile) the day before yesterday. Shitload of people were arrested and boards were taken. You could get your board back by paying 700 euros. I'm here now and still skate spots but Macba is no more. I'm not taking the risk