Author Topic: Your tax dollars pay for the fuck ups of people who live this way.  (Read 1465 times)

NickDagger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
American International Group Inc. spent US$440,000 on a conference at a California resort less than a week after an US$85-billion government takeover, lawmakers said.

The bill from the St. Regis resort in Monarch Beach included US$23,380 for spa services, according to Representative Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Mr. Waxman led questioning Tuesday of former AIG chief executives Martin Sullivan and Robert Willumstad as Congress probes events that led to federal intervention.

"Average Americans are suffering economically," Mr. Waxman, a California Democrat, said in his opening statement. "Yet less than one week after the taxpayers rescued AIG, company executives could be found wining and dining at one of the most exclusive resorts in the nation."

The St. Regis, located on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean midway between Los Angeles and San Diego, is "devoted to the pursuit of service and elegance," according to its Web site. A "health and wellness" package costs US$600 a night, with a two-night minimum.

Invoices obtained by Mr. Waxman's committee showed that AIG spent US$139,375.30 on rooms, US$147,301.71 for "banquets," and US$1,488 at the resort's Vogue Salon, which offers manicures, pedicures and hairstyling. The group spent US$6,939.09 on golf, US$2,949 for gratuities, US$5,016.32 at the StoneHill Tavern and US$3,064.71 for in-room dining and the lobby lounge.

The group booked the resort's 3,100-square-foot Presidential Suite for US$1,600 a night for five nights, a discount from the standard rate of US$3,200 a night, a hotel document released by the committee showed. It also paid US$1,075 in "no-show fees."

"Have you heard of anything more outrageous?" said Representative Elijah Cummings, a Maryland Democrat, who plans to seek an investigation of the spending. "They were getting their manicures, their facials, pedicures, massages while the American people were footing the bill."

The group occupied more than 60 rooms. Receipts provided by Mr. Waxman were dated Sept. 22 through Sept. 30. AIG was bailed out on Sept. 16.

How does this make you feel?
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Your tax dollars pay for the fuck ups of people who live this way.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 07:00:49 PM »
That makes me feel angry.

Mind if I post this on myspace ?
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 07:05:54 PM »
 Our government gave them another 30 billion like 5 days ago.    after all this came out in the media.

uggghhh! >:(

well, on the bright side
US$2,949 for gratuities
at least they tipped   :-\
ableSkateMag.com

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 07:14:51 PM »
That makes me feel angry.

Mind if I post this on myspace ?

poast it evrywhr.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 07:18:45 PM »
I could use a day at the spa. Fuck those people.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

sebastian toombs

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 07:18:57 PM »
nick, you commie pinko rabble rouser -- have you never heard of leadership?  those financiers needed a big shot of morale-boosting camraderie, just like going on one of those "outward bound" retreats...    you can be sure theyve been under an awful lot of stress lately -- more than you or i could ever imagine, i expect...

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 07:24:49 PM »
And to think, a little ass grab from my fellow skate nerds does the trick for me. I need to raise my standards for morale boosting.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

SleepyPeePee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 07:41:45 PM »
yeah, spending our money is way to stressful.

i really couldnt imagine.

so they spend it some more due to all that stress.

very unorthadox if you ask me.
would you rather hear "woo" from the omar salazar pack? i wouldn't. their "yeahs" are genuine, and cool. "yeah" has been the battle cry of skaters for as long as i can remember.

Doctor Handsome

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »
well, on the bright side
Expand Quote
US$2,949 for gratuities
[close]
at least they tipped   :-\

Hahaha. And your avatar makes me laugh everytime I see it. So double hahaha for you!