Author Topic: NEW PLAN B SHIT  (Read 9537 times)

Se7en

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: NEW PLAN B SHIT
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2008, 03:53:01 PM »
that was definitely better than I thought it would be - I was bummed by Duffy's footage but I guess with the knee its expected. Way was fucking insane though considering that Sheckler wouldnt even ride up the quarter pipe, much less do street tricks on it

Mevs

• Rep: 29
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2008, 03:58:30 PM »
Danny Way's 360 flip no grab was fucking bananas. And theres no denying how crazy Shecklers last kickflip down that drop was...hurt my knees just watching it!  :o
mhe-likes.tumblr.com
Instagram: @Mevs82

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2008, 04:16:14 PM »
while watching the video I tried to think of a way to keep hating them and what came to mind was a nazi germany comparison. Like when you say:
"There's no denying that Plan B (germany 39-45) has some of the best riders (militaries) out there on their team (on the battlefields) right now. As much as you might want to hate them you still have to give them credit for their abilities (military warfare whatever)."

See, its that easy.

frisco

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2008, 04:21:33 PM »
while watching the video I tried to think of a way to keep hating them and what came to mind was a nazi germany comparison. Like when you say:
"There's no denying that Plan B (germany 39-45) has some of the best riders (militaries) out there on their team (on the battlefields) right now. As much as you might want to hate them you still have to give them credit for their abilities (military warfare whatever)."

See, its that easy.

That is fucking brilliant, I love it

Baby Rabies

« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2008, 05:48:23 PM »
God DAMN that fucking clip was incredible.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2008, 06:35:12 PM »
Psyched on : like many, PJ Boston footage. will DC still release that $130 shoe or whatever?
                  Wenning - ripped jeans are important here
                  Paul - no one is really fucking with his trick selection except for... a Mike Capaldi perhaps...
                  Way - not really something I can relate to but mindblowing
Not psyched on: generic Plan B art direction and graphics, Zorlac/Syndrome wood & boards...but fuck, even girl/choc does a shitload of series "billboard" graphics...I guess that's just how the business is now...

Lurkenstock

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2008, 06:38:20 PM »
Pretty goddamned good shit for a promo.
Not a fan of some of these dudes, but can't front...they got some really crazy shit.
Sheckler even impressed dare I say but fuck them for using that song. Sheckler + Guns N Roses just isn't something I want to think about again, ever.

Pedro The Fisherman

• Rep: -1
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2008, 06:45:21 PM »
Scott Decenzsos shit was nuts. Pretty much everyone else had good stuff too. Duffy was pretty lackluster. Sheckler mixing flip indys to knee dives, back salads, and contest footage to gnr was laughable.

suchagood

• Rep: -5
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2008, 07:15:02 PM »
sweat bands and bandana's, why are they in skateboarding

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2008, 07:47:46 PM »
Sheckler had a red one.

This is typically associated with the gay Hanky Code and if worn on the left, it means that you like to fist guys; if worn on the right, it means that you like to get fisted. UNLESS there is a white stripe and then it just means that you like to shave or get shaved or a black stripe denotes you are or like bears.

Anyway I liked that. A lot better than I thought it would be.

ribbons

• Rep: -14
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2008, 08:48:36 PM »
brilliant vid, sheckler is still an ass but fukk me that was some sick skating, loved danny way and pj ladd's stuff, wish pj still had the whole Messed up accels and sweaty hoody on instead of looking exactly like Prod shecky et al

Santarosa

• Rep: 0
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2008, 11:00:17 PM »
i tried to hate as hard as i could but could not muster up any hatred. everyone delivered, with the exception of wenning. maybe it was because he followed Ways part. Seeing a front shuv on flat after for real mind blowing shit, was a let down. Jereme Rogers was a little less robotic the n i've seen in recent past. I think it was seeing these bots skate street that made it different.

I watched the sheckler part twice, maybe i like the song choice. But he killed. Event the last kick flip which seems like a corpse toss is a legit gap,not just a drop, shit is seriously sick.

Pj was refreshing to watch not skating the west coast . Gallant killed it , might have the best back nose blunt in the game. Duffy was amazing considering the injury. McKay was good i guess, it must suck to be in Danny Ways shadow. Injuries aside i dont hink he can hang to much longer.

Prod. who i want to hate on so hard was good. I think his style is getting loser. And he is truley morping into the koston of the next generation. Oh and decenzo..i dont know. shit was inovative,..... but i kind of hatin. Like if josh beagle got got young and decided to kill. Not knockin josh beagle. I think he was a true legend, but he can pull it off. this dude cannot.

nkarasch

• Rep: -29
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2008, 02:21:22 AM »
The big shit sheckler lands is ridiculous but the look he has on his face when riding away is so lame
he did his first switch trick ever in the video!

having him come after paul in a video is laughable, paul has had skateboarding beat since he was 16

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2008, 03:54:26 AM »
Really makes me look forward to another Gallant part. Way had some crazy stuff, everyone else kinda did what you'd expect them to do.

The Pillar

• Rep: 17
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2008, 07:52:13 AM »
Really makes me look forward to another Gallant part. Way had some crazy stuff, everyone else kinda did what you'd expect them to do.

isn't our job to expect crazy stuff from way. he did exactly what I expected him to; he pushed it as always.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2008, 08:46:36 AM »
Why are people so hyped that pj wasn't skating in california? PJ skates the same shit all the time regardless where he is.

The Pillar

« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2008, 08:53:18 AM »
Why are people so hyped that pj wasn't skating in california? PJ skates the same shit all the time regardless where he is.

he does the same regardless. but for a skater who owes part of his fame, certainly that video he was named after, to boston, some appreciate the idea of seeing such places as the background to that skating. it's as though pj hasn't forgotten his roots.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2008, 09:44:26 AM »
am i the only one who didnt like the video, sans danny way and wennings part?? 

the song choice was bad, not that the songs themselves were bad, but they should never be used in a skate video....

and i cant stand watching jereme and sheckler skate....

the pink floyd song was used in maldonado's part in jump off a building..i think revolution was used in revolution....which might have been the point....

scooter was nuts....

The Pillar

« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2008, 11:22:35 AM »
Expand Quote
am i the only one who didnt like the video, sans danny way and wennings part?? 

the song choice was bad, not that the songs themselves were bad, but they should never be used in a skate video....

and i cant stand watching jereme and sheckler skate....
[close]

the pink floyd song was used in maldonado's part in jump off a building..i think revolution was used in revolution....which might have been the point....

scooter was nuts....

the song during sheckler was used in Maple's Black Cat if I'm not mistaken

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2008, 11:23:20 AM »
danny way is a fucking madman

i usually joke around about his stunts, but seeeerrrrrrrrrriously, what the fuck is he on

dank_like_ur_mom

• Rep: 0
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2008, 12:15:34 PM »
This Footage is fucking amazing. Period. like your moms. Bloody Obvious! Remember this is a teaser.. meaning there's more, much more... Scott starts the teaser and has 25% of it, full of regular tech tricks that you don't see anyone else throwing down out there, and he does them all flawlessly. On top of that Scott is a modest mouse, he's skating for all the right reasons and killing it all the way. Then theres P-Rod, sick. PJ, sick. Danny Way, the second coming. Jeremy well he's killin it just as well. Wenning still has his effortless switch abilities. Oh yeah then there's Colin, still making a vert ramp look like that 3 foot mini with regular tech skills. And then there's Sheckler.... The kid has had amazing skills since he was what like 8, I know a lot of you get jealous when you see this kid doing all the tricks you wish you could do, hitting up all like girls he can handle, and living like a king.... well we're all jealous of that. 

In closing, stop the hate, get stoked and go try and catch up cause sitting in front of the forum eating twinkies and hating isn't making your skating go anywhere.

skeet skeet, skate street

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2008, 12:29:18 PM »
I really can't imagine every reppin a Plan B product.  The "vibe" of the company is so boring. 

Munty Flumple

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2008, 12:31:36 PM »
Nobody can seriously hate on any of this. It's skateboarding, it's all amazing. It's out of 99% of the Slap posters league....so how can any of us hate on these things? Hate, hate, hate. Blah, blah, blah. I don't like his pants. Waaaaa. I don't like his hair. Waaaa. He did this, but my friend already did that!....you get the point. Your comments are amusing. They make the work day go by a bit faster.

sitting in front of the forum eating twinkies and hating isn't making your skating go anywhere.

....the horrifying truth. 99.9% of us will never make it anywhere with skateboarding, except for the self satisfaction that it means something to us.

....single tear.

yeah dude!

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2008, 12:36:34 PM »
ass but fukk me

The only reason I'm glad I came into this  thread

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2008, 02:56:19 PM »
Most of you are kidding right? I would consider every trick in the last part over that ramp gap a bail.

Munty Flumple

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2008, 05:51:22 PM »
I would consider every trick in the last part over that ramp gap a bail.

Actually I have to disagree. Watching all of us (including you) even try to drop into that roll in of death, and even make it half way to the bottom before pissing ourselves silly and falling on our face would be considered a bail. Someone who could actually make it to the gap, and actually do a few tricks over it, then jump off before the mountain vert wall of doom, is pretty legit in my books.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2008, 08:02:49 AM »
Expand Quote
I would consider every trick in the last part over that ramp gap a bail.
[close]

Actually I have to disagree. Watching all of us (including you) even try to drop into that roll in of death, and even make it half way to the bottom before pissing ourselves silly and falling on our face would be considered a bail. Someone who could actually make it to the gap, and actually do a few tricks over it, then jump off before the mountain vert wall of doom, is pretty legit in my books.
I never claimed I could do it, I should have just said it looks weak as fuck.

Munty Flumple

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2008, 11:10:31 AM »
^^^They could have cut the edit as soon as he landed. Hahaha, just like old vids, cut it after 4 feet of roll away.

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2008, 11:46:50 AM »
Expand Quote
ass but fukk me
[close]

The only reason I'm glad I came into this  thread

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2008, 12:48:07 PM »
MOTHER FUCKER (MUTRY FUNBLE) DIE TODAY PLEASE.. DIE AT YOUR FUCKING KEYBOARD !!!

PLEASE