Author Topic: John Cardiel, Sight Unseen  (Read 3315 times)

Guile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: John Cardiel, Sight Unseen
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2008, 10:38:41 PM »
and yes your comment and comments are constantly packed full of logic.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

gravel pitch

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2008, 10:39:41 PM »
Because when you're blasting six feet above the lip over a hip transfer no one gives a shit if you're doing something wierd with your hands. It's not the same thing as doing a nollie flip crook on a ledge. You can't compare the two and say, "oh this guy did a perfect nollie flip crook, but this other dude rolled out kind sketchy on this huge transfer, first guy has better style"... just doesn't work.

Cards is just too fucking gnarly to try and down play him over some stupid shit like looking a little weird before he sets up. However, if someone is doing nothing but skating a ledge, then yea they're open to scrutiny, because if they aren't making that shit look good then there's really no redeeming quality to that kind of skating.

Feel me?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2008, 10:43:10 PM »
and yes your comment and comments are constantly packed full of logic.
Actually, they are

Because when you're blasting six feet above the lip over a hip transfer no one gives a shit if you're doing something wierd with your hands. It's not the same thing as doing a nollie flip crook on a ledge. You can't compare the two and say, "oh this guy did a perfect nollie flip crook, but this other dude rolled out kind sketchy on this huge transfer, first guy has better style"... just doesn't work.

Cards is just too fucking gnarly to try and down play him over some stupid shit like looking a little weird before he sets up. However, if someone is doing nothing but skating a ledge, then yea they're open to scrutiny, because if they aren't making that shit look good then there's really no redeeming quality to that kind of skating.

Feel me?

Basically you're saying it's ok to have bad style as long as you can go high on transition? If he did a nollie flip crook would I be able to say he has bad style?

gravel pitch

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2008, 10:50:07 PM »
You aren't getting it. I'm trying to make a seperation here. He's a different breed of skateboarder from the kind you're used to. I doubt Cardiel can do a nollie flip crook and I doubt he'll ever try one. But yea, if he tried to skate like P-rod I'm sure he'd look terrible, but that's why he's Cardiel and not P-rod.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2008, 10:56:22 PM »
You aren't getting it. I'm trying to make a seperation here. He's a different breed of skateboarder from the kind you're used to. I doubt Cardiel can do a nollie flip crook and I doubt he'll ever try one. But yea, if he tried to skate like P-rod I'm sure he'd look terrible, but that's why he's Cardiel and not P-rod.
You are the one not getting it. Bad style is bad style is bad style. It doesn't matter if you a nollie flip a nine stair or do a nine foot air, if you look shitty you look shitty.

koots

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2008, 11:18:25 PM »
When this shit first came out, my friends and i could not stop roasting this guy. I can't see what you see in him, he looks so off balance and uncomfortable.

When you skate Mach fucking 4 like Cardiel...we'll see how comfortable you look KOOK.

Oh wait...your favorite skaters skate how fast?  Yeah, it's so fun watching dudes literally stop after landing a trick...

Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

koots

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2008, 11:22:27 PM »
And...different people have different tastes

Personally, I think someone like P-Rod looks fucking disgusting on a skateboard.   Cardiel is just natural as fuck.

That's my opinion...do I go around like a douche with a pencil up his ass stating my opinion is the best and everyone else is wrong.  no...but you do COTG because you're a kook.
Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2008, 12:06:04 AM »
cardiel has so many good quotes about him. like in his s.o.t.y. part-"i wanna be like him. why? because he loves it." and his epicly later'd where phelps talk about the feeling his last name has-"cardiel's back there. know what that means? go get some."

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2008, 08:31:12 AM »
I think dissing Cards should be banned from life worthy.

Cheapboarder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2008, 08:45:42 AM »
Expand Quote
When this shit first came out, my friends and i could not stop roasting this guy. I can't see what you see in him, he looks so off balance and uncomfortable.
[close]

When you skate Mach fucking 4 like Cardiel...we'll see how comfortable you look KOOK.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2008, 10:03:26 AM »
Omar and Busenitz are good skaters to bring into a discussion of out of control but visually appealing styles with Cardiel. I would consider them to be the ones continuing with it.

COTG, what do you get out of this? No one will ever agree with you that P-Rod (or whoever tech skater's dick you're riding this week) has better style than Cardiel. Doing tricks and progressing technically is rad but for the average guy buying and participating in skateboarding, simple stylish skateboarding will probably always be more appealing.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2008, 10:08:38 AM »
Omar and Busenitz are good skaters to bring into a discussion of out of control but visually appealing styles with Cardiel. I would consider them to be the ones continuing with it.

COTG, what do you get out of this? No one will ever agree with you that P-Rod (or whoever tech skater's dick you're riding this week) has better style than Cardiel. Doing tricks and progressing technically is rad but for the average guy buying and participating in skateboarding, simple stylish skateboarding will probably always be more appealing.
Do you or do you not have a tatoo of cardiel's name on your body?

lurk daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -464
  • put the FU back in fun
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2008, 10:18:27 AM »
haha cotg you've lost it. cardiel is the shit

peep at 35 seconds or last trick and see why
IF YOU HAVE SEX ONCE, YOU GET HERPES. IF YOU DO COKE ONCE, YOU DIE AND LOSE YOUR JOB.

gravel pitch

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2008, 11:01:57 AM »
That back 360 transfer is fucking ridiculous.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2008, 11:31:00 AM »
Because it's wet and I can't skate, I'm going to humor this back and forth. You answer my question first. What do you get out of this? By this, I mean continually posting to get a rise out of people. Is your heart empty and devoid of the love we all so sorely need? Do you need a friend? A father figure, perhaps? I'm here for you. Let's talk about this so we all may share a more fulfilling and joyful message board.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2008, 11:58:13 AM »
Because it's wet and I can't skate, I'm going to humor this back and forth. You answer my question first. What do you get out of this? By this, I mean continually posting to get a rise out of people. Is your heart empty and devoid of the love we all so sorely need? Do you need a friend? A father figure, perhaps? I'm here for you. Let's talk about this so we all may share a more fulfilling and joyful message board.
It doesn't matter what i get out of anything. What matters is that you, of all people, had the audacity to call me a dick rider.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2008, 12:17:49 PM »
I see. I find inspiration in Cardiel's story. He was never supposed to walk again and, here is, loving life and skateboarding so much that he keeps pushing. I too have seen some bad times (never as bad as giving up the ability to walk) so to see him not only walking but skating, is a huge inspiration. So, yeah, I have a little reminder that I should never give up. Is P-Rod riding Jesus' dick for having his face tattooed on his arm?

Back to the question because I can tell you're avoiding it; what is your motivation? What void is being filled with your obvious condescending approach to posting? We need to address this anger you're holding onto before it boils over. Talk to me son. We can work this out.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2008, 12:22:55 PM »
Please, stop with these frivolous questions. You're not funny and you're making yourself look like a cornball... well more of a cornball than you already are.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2008, 12:40:20 PM »
I've never disputed the fact that I'm a corn-ball. I'm just trying to help you see yourself honestly so you may improve. Living by ego alone is a sure path to self-destruction and a big blinking neon sign that there is a void you're trying to fill. There is nothing frivolous about trying to help someone out.

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2008, 05:23:34 PM »
That little back and forth between sweets and cotg reminded me of this, it's not your fault cotg.

JockoHomo

• Rep: 3
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2008, 05:27:05 PM »
That little back and forth between sweets and cotg reminded me of this, it's not your fault cotg.

yes.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2008, 06:12:51 PM »
You guys are totally blowing it. I was a post away from a breakthrough.

JockoHomo

• Rep: 3
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2008, 08:18:42 PM »
You guys are totally blowing it. I was a post away from a breakthrough.

don't fuck with me! not you, man.