Author Topic: epicly later'd pop's edition  (Read 49174 times)

Say Hi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: epicly later'd pop's edition
« Reply #270 on: January 08, 2009, 10:00:31 AM »
I guess this fits in here..

edit: Just found this, just in case this isn't abd either:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:46:21 AM by Say Hi »

gravel pitch

« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2009, 10:07:35 AM »
His old footy proves everything I said about him. The dude could have easily put out a part on-par with the rest of the team, but he was fucking lazy and uses this "oh I wanted to try something different" bull as an excuse. What a lame guy.

and now I'll leave you with some words of wisdom from your favorite poster
rawbertson on Jan 8, 2009:
none of yalll will ever know what its like to be street like that (couple of yall might)

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
  • Far out man.
« Reply #272 on: January 08, 2009, 10:29:09 AM »
i believe pluhowski is a cabinet maker? not 100% on that, so i feel i should put this disclaimer of it maybe not being true.

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #273 on: January 08, 2009, 11:37:17 AM »

damn, never seen that photo before, thanks. deciding if it should replace my tempster front borad while j lee is filming wallpaper

Hatechild

« Reply #274 on: January 08, 2009, 12:41:52 PM »
The more I hear/read about Pops, the more I want to see his new Chocolate part. He's just got it like that.

net lurk

« Reply #275 on: January 08, 2009, 01:00:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

damn, never seen that photo before, thanks.

Mark Snappleyard

• Rep: 11
  • Tre flip noseslides!
« Reply #276 on: January 08, 2009, 01:17:58 PM »
I'm having mixed feelings about this, and it leads me to believe that Pops was right.  I don't really want to know anymore about Anthony Pappalardo.  The first episode was like, I just want to skate and do stuff that I think looks cool.  Now, it seems like he's kind of a dick.  Dude hated Wenning for doing a kickflip.  Now, he hasn't talked to him for five years because Wenning got on Habitat?  That's pretty lame.  I hope the third episode is just ten minutes of ollies.

sal23

« Reply #277 on: January 08, 2009, 01:35:19 PM »
I'm having mixed feelings about this, and it leads me to believe that Pops was right.  I don't really want to know anymore about Anthony Pappalardo.  The first episode was like, I just want to skate and do stuff that I think looks cool.  Now, it seems like he's kind of a dick.  Dude hated Wenning for doing a kickflip.  Now, he hasn't talked to him for five years because Wenning got on Habitat?  That's pretty lame.  I hope the third episode is just ten minutes of ollies.

I think theres ALOT more to the story then what people are saying.
1. When wenning said he hated him I doubt he ment litterally? I know when me and my friends fuck around and try the same tricks and one lands it first we talk shit to eachother. But its not like we "hate" each other.
2. Anthonys living in NYC for how long? about 5years... I dont think wenning lives in nyc so why would they hang out? And why would anthony care that wenning got on habitat? He rides for plan b now and anthony rides for chocolate.
3. Whats going on in this thread is exactly why anthony said he didnt like doing interviews. People will make up whatever they want due to lack of knowlege of the skater.

but thats just my opinion..

Nibbler

• Rep: 8
« Reply #278 on: January 08, 2009, 02:49:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

damn, never seen that photo before, thanks.
[close]

from the new skateboarder

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #279 on: January 08, 2009, 03:00:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

1. When wenning said he hated him I doubt he ment litterally? I know when me and my friends fuck around and try the same tricks and one lands it first we talk shit to eachother. But its not like we "hate" each other.
2. Anthonys living in NYC for how long? about 5years... I dont think wenning lives in nyc so why would they hang out? And why would anthony care that wenning got on habitat? He rides for plan b now and anthony rides for chocolate.
3. Whats going on in this thread is exactly why anthony said he didnt like doing interviews. People will make up whatever they want due to lack of knowlege of the skater.

and with the kickflip thing, wenning basically admitted that he snaked it from pops. anthony was trying it and bailing and then wenning just rolld up and does it before him. if you didn't know someone and they did that to you, you know the first thing you would od is get pissed at them. it can completely be seen as one-up man ship.

JockoHomo

• Rep: 3
« Reply #280 on: January 08, 2009, 04:24:26 PM »
just got back online. first impressions of new episode:
1. rad hearing what pluhowski had to say about getting the boot. for those of us in the peanut gallery, it's hard to imagine what these pro skaters do after skateboarding.
2. wenning got BIG.
3. fat bill's hard to listen to.
4. that was just a sick episode. let's do our best not to over-analyze it.

Mark Snappleyard

• Rep: 11
  • Tre flip noseslides!
« Reply #281 on: January 08, 2009, 04:45:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

and with the kickflip thing, wenning basically admitted that he snaked it from pops. anthony was trying it and bailing and then wenning just rolld up and does it before him. if you didn't know someone and they did that to you, you know the first thing you would od is get pissed at them. it can completely be seen as one-up man ship.

Rolling up and doing the trick someone else is trying is silly.  Doing it is silly, and getting mad about it is silly.  I've never understood it.

biggums mcgee

« Reply #282 on: January 08, 2009, 05:37:48 PM »
1. rad hearing what pluhowski had to say about getting the boot. for those of us in the peanut gallery, it's hard to imagine what these pro skaters do after skateboarding.
2. wenning got BIG.

from seeing these episodes I feel that I can relate to Fat Bill more than anyone else. Seems like someone I honestly would like to sit down and have  beer with, and I don't say that about too many people.

Either way, I'd willing pay 20-30$ if strobek put out a video ala closure. If he included commentary from other people as well, I'd be super hyped. Hope you're reading this Bill!

JockoHomo

« Reply #283 on: January 08, 2009, 06:39:36 PM »
Expand Quote
2. wenning got BIG.
[close]

from seeing these episodes I feel that I can relate to Fat Bill more than anyone else. Seems like someone I honestly would like to sit down and have  beer with, and I don't say that about too many people.

Either way, I'd willing pay 20-30$ if strobek put out a video ala closure. If he included commentary from other people as well, I'd be super hyped. Hope you're reading this Bill!

this is stupid and nitpicky, but i think it's hard for me to listen to him because he uses the word "like" so goddamn much. always reminds me of high school kids. but yeah, i agree. he should put out a vid.

seewhathappens

• Rep: -4
« Reply #284 on: January 08, 2009, 06:55:38 PM »
My take is that they just went different ways in skateboarding. Pappalardo moved to NYC, took his skating in a different direction. Wenning continued being a douche bag/drunk fool and stayed in South Jersey. I'm sure it's not like it's on purpose that they haven't seen each other in 5 years, it's just that they haven't run into each other. I'm sure there's no bad blood. Wenning seemed bitter to me. Seemed to be hating on Paps skating of late.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #285 on: January 08, 2009, 07:07:22 PM »
My take is that they just went different ways in skateboarding. Pappalardo moved to NYC, took his skating in a different direction. Wenning continued being a douche bag/drunk fool and stayed in South Jersey. I'm sure it's not like it's on purpose that they haven't seen each other in 5 years, it's just that they haven't run into each other. I'm sure there's no bad blood. Wenning seemed bitter to me. Seemed to be hating on Paps skating of late.
I don't think we saw the same video.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #286 on: January 08, 2009, 07:22:42 PM »
ah, the Newport episode...
  • Wenning forgot to mention that one night a busload of Brazilian high school girls showed up
  • that was seriously like the best time of my whole fuckin life...that one summer everyone skated Newport...and BAM. Newport and BAM, Newport and BAM, every day...
  • Fletch was in the credits

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #287 on: January 08, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »
His old footy proves everything I said about him. The dude could have easily put out a part on-par with the rest of the team, but he was fucking lazy and uses this "oh I wanted to try something different" bull as an excuse. What a lame guy.

How is wanting to try a different approach to skating being lazy? you fucking dork
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

biggums mcgee

« Reply #288 on: January 08, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
2. wenning got BIG.
[close]

[close]

this is stupid and nitpicky, but i think it's hard for me to listen to him because he uses the word "like" so goddamn much. always reminds me of high school kids. but yeah, i agree. he should put out a vid.

I think it was more of him sounding like a stoned-out, semi-nostalgic dude who was caught off guard that got me.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #289 on: January 08, 2009, 07:55:34 PM »
I've got to be honest here guys.
I'm just not feelin the "new" pops.
There I said it.
I still love you guys though.  :-*
(no homosexuality)

ableSkateMag.com

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #290 on: January 08, 2009, 09:32:39 PM »
I've got to be honest here guys.
I'm just not feelin the "new" pops.
There I said it.
I still love you guys though.  :-*
(no homosexuality)

well i'm not feelin' the "new" able! there, i said it.

i'm sorry, that was uncalled for.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #291 on: January 08, 2009, 09:38:24 PM »
lol  :)
ableSkateMag.com

JockoHomo

« Reply #292 on: January 09, 2009, 02:08:16 AM »

CoolBeans

• Rep: -2
« Reply #293 on: January 09, 2009, 09:19:33 AM »
I'm hyped that wenning doesn't associate with pops anymore.

cotg is a fucking creep

lincoln

• Rep: 9
« Reply #294 on: January 09, 2009, 10:35:56 AM »
i think this pappalardo series is going to end in a episode where pops, wenning and pluhowski meet at the Banks, have a session and then roll into sunset.

(no homosexuality)

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #295 on: January 09, 2009, 10:51:50 AM »
I can't wait to hear him talk about Mosaic in the next one, I hope to hear more from Pluhowski as well because his part in that video is so fucking good

biggums mcgee

« Reply #296 on: January 09, 2009, 11:18:03 AM »
Ted Barrows footage is a MUST.

luther kingston

« Reply #297 on: January 09, 2009, 03:04:50 PM »
part 2 was interesting. reminded me of that old wenning interview where he talked about buying gallon jugs of water, skating at seaport all day and then sleeping on the benches. i've liked rob pluhowski since his part in photosynthesis. it's cool he's just doing what he likes now. i can't wait for part 3, maybe they'll talk about lakai, ie, and mosaic. pappalardo was my favorite then and he's my favorite now. it's too bad people think skating is about being the "best".

pube tube

« Reply #298 on: January 09, 2009, 05:15:35 PM »
pappalardo was my favorite then and he's my favorite now. it's too bad people think skating is about being the "best".

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #299 on: January 10, 2009, 11:47:46 AM »