Author Topic: epicly later'd pop's edition  (Read 48868 times)

Mcidraque

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: epicly later'd pop's edition
« Reply #330 on: January 15, 2009, 12:58:28 PM »
wenning seems like he's talking shit on pops and his skating in episode 3.  i find it annoying that wenning hasn't changed as a skater at all, and cute that pj ladd has replaced pops in his life.

guess he needs a quiet guy on his side to go out skating!

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #331 on: January 15, 2009, 01:05:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Did something beyond just drifting apart happen between them? It all seems really tense, particularly Wenning.
[close]

wenning just seems bitter in general. definitely getting no sympathy in these episodes. on another note, anyone know what happened to pat corcoran? i saw a little footage of him in there just hanging out at bill's house, always wondered what was up with him.

Thaqt's probably it but in the part where they show Wenning's switch back 180 over love, he says that they were at love and not even talking anymore. Just seems like something happened.

And I just want to add that from these episodes, Pluhowski seems like a fucking rad dude.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #332 on: January 15, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »
springsteen should write a song about anthony and brian and their NJ-based (kind of) saga

ps. I still have that Kalis board with the owl--I left it out in the rain in the backyard mad times so now I just use it for transporting huge pieces of rubble at the foundation spot

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #333 on: January 15, 2009, 02:35:16 PM »

Wenning's just bummed that despite the fact Pops has simplified his skateboarding he probably sells more boards, and is definitely getting a decent paycheck with Converse.

I thought Wenning seemed kind of sad about the whole thing and pretty nice. While Anthony comes off as somewhat callous. 

In the video of his house on the planb site wenning said his nj board is the best selling Plan B board ever so I think he is probably selling a few decks.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #334 on: January 15, 2009, 04:54:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Did something beyond just drifting apart happen between them? It all seems really tense, particularly Wenning.
[close]

wenning just seems bitter in general. definitely getting no sympathy in these episodes. on another note, anyone know what happened to pat corcoran? i saw a little footage of him in there just hanging out at bill's house, always wondered what was up with him.

i think a lot of people were hating on pat because they thought he was only a handrail skater, and i heard that he just got over the whole microscope that is the industry. he's prob just ripping on his own.

leadbelly

• Rep: 2
« Reply #335 on: January 15, 2009, 05:19:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i think a lot of people were hating on pat because they thought he was only a handrail skater, and i heard that he just got over the whole microscope that is the industry. he's prob just ripping on his own.
a month or so ago at love cops had just rolled through and i was hiding with my friends at municipal services. saw pat skate by and went into the park to skate but after 5 minutes of sitting, he just peaced. wished he had came 20 minutes later when everyone was skating again, might have got to see him skate

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2009, 06:23:38 PM »
Am I the only person here that realizes that wenning thought they were really good friends and not just skate buddies.
It's so rad to see outtakes from Photosynthesis, and I guess a bit of Mosaic. I want more though...

I'm hoping there's a whole episode on Mosaic, and then the switch from Alien to Chocolate (that's a pretty big deal really) and maybe even a final one on Lakai/Converse. It'd be good to see even more unused footage too. Especially more recent stuff.

Wenning's just bummed that despite the fact Pops has simplified his skateboarding he probably sells more boards, and is definitely getting a decent paycheck with Converse. Wenning was fucking amazing. But while everyone is moaning about Pops having a lackluster Lakai part (which is regular in itself) where's any new Wenning stuff? Or at least any progression?

I'm so surprised we're getting a minimum of 4 Pops episodes. Who'd have thought it...

Brian Had the best selling board on plan b at one time. I'm sure pops boards are among  the least selling boards on chocolate.

no one you know

« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2009, 06:32:55 PM »
Expand Quote

That said, I know EXACTLY what Pops is saying. I had plenty of "skateboard" friends when i was 14-15 years old and nowadays I couldnt even imagine hanging with them. We were all just SO different. But when there is only like 5-15 kids that skate in the towns nearby, you make due and latch onto each with the bridge that is skateboarding.

Of course we'd be friendly now, but they just wouldnt be people id want to hang with everyday again.
[close]

This has happened to me a few times over the years, too. You start to skate with someone every day for some reason, maybe your schedules are the same, you dig the same spots, you just click. Then you just drift apart at some point, nothing dramatic happens but you just realize that at the end of the day the only thing you had in common was skating. And there's nothing wrong with that, it just happens, that's life. I see one of those dudes around sometimes and we say what's up but we have nothing in common except that we shared some good times skating ten or 15 years ago.

I love these episodes, so good on many levels.

Its so easy to loose touch with people. It's part of life. I'm at a point in my life of reaching back out to people that I went to highschool with that I haven't spoken to in years. But I think as an adult you gotta succeed some way in life and maybe the skaters you used to skate with, you just saw your self not going in the same direction as them, and that seems to me whats going on here, and skaters should respect eachothers artistic expression, aka don't be hater. I'm starting to feel old facing 27 this year, and as I continue skating I definetly am way more patient of other styles of skating compared to when I was SIXTEEN in '98. Fucking shit man, 2 things about this shit, imo

Brian needs to grow up

Anthony should've had a few more techer tricks in his part

timmyturnstains

• Rep: 87
« Reply #338 on: January 15, 2009, 07:06:33 PM »
what a bunch of wierdos

JockoHomo

• Rep: 3
« Reply #339 on: January 16, 2009, 12:29:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thaqt's probably it but in the part where they show Wenning's switch back 180 over love, he says that they were at love and not even talking anymore. Just seems like something happened.

And I just want to add that from these episodes, Pluhowski seems like a fucking rad dude.

or maybe that's just how wenning interpreted it. if at the time he was acting like he is in these interviews, pops probably just had the good sense to avoid him.

also, it's funny what wenning says about how pappalardo probably doesn't enjoy skateboarding all that much anymore, because in the new wallride, there's a nice little pops interview with an awesome quote: "skateboarding still gives me a lot of what i need."

BigByrd

• Rep: 0
« Reply #340 on: January 16, 2009, 11:39:21 AM »

2:15 for a pops trick...awesome video regardless.

Cheapboarder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
« Reply #341 on: January 16, 2009, 01:00:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

or maybe that's just how wenning interpreted it. if at the time he was acting like he is in these interviews, pops probably just had the good sense to avoid him.

also, it's funny what wenning says about how pappalardo probably doesn't enjoy skateboarding all that much anymore, because in the new wallride, there's a nice little pops interview with an awesome quote: "skateboarding still gives me a lot of what i need."
[close]

Wenning said, "Most pros just lie about stuff like that".

Am I the only person here that realizes that wenning thought they were really good friends and not just skate buddies.

I agree. Wenning sounded bummed when he mention the "skate buddies" quote. That was some wack stuff. Someone pull the interview up if you can.

Also not one person seems to have any backage or logic to the jealously thing so please step down from that.

sal23

« Reply #342 on: January 16, 2009, 01:12:28 PM »

2:15 for a pops trick...awesome video regardless.

holy shit
i've never beenable to find that dill part
thanks man!