Author Topic: 2012  (Read 5280 times)

bumptobar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« on: January 08, 2009, 02:50:34 PM »
Well its Armageddon week on the history channel and im pretty sold the world i over come 2012.

its said that when the earth comes in line with the sun every 28,000 or so years that the poles switch, which will cause a shitload of problems which happens in December of 2012.  Also the Myan calendar thats more precise than ours today ends on decmeber 21 2012 rather abruptly.

Among many other things that agree on the world ending then.

So whos callin bullshit, and whos building a bunker?

frisco

Re: 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:54:04 PM »
I think its coming out in March, John Cusacks in it and a few others, most of it was shot in Vancouver.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190080/

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 02:55:12 PM »
the bunker people are screwed, who would want to survive the apocalypse and have to get eaten alive by another human being? who wants to hold hands with me on that date and watch the split second when the planet implodes?
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 03:04:05 PM »
I think its coming out in March, John Cusacks in it and a few others, most of it was shot in Vancouver.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190080/

Shits crazy man.  This is in less than 5 years!

Too gnarly to even comprehend

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 03:04:58 PM »
the bunker people are screwed, who would want to survive the apocalypse and have to get eaten alive by another human being? who wants to hold hands with me on that date and watch the split second when the planet implodes?

so true, so fucking scary at the same time.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 03:07:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

so true, so fucking scary at the same time.
It can't be that scary to hold Guile's hand.

frisco

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 03:20:20 PM »
December 21, 2012 is the end of the Mayan Calendar.

This date has become open season for conspiracy theorists as well, and some have determined it is also the biblically prophesied end of the world. Additionally, the world's largest particle accelerator is set to be tested in 2012 and, if that goes wrong, has the potential to destroy the world in a matter of seconds. See the website for more theories.

thats a little freaky

walrus

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 03:28:25 PM »
its called prophecy. shit is bound to happen

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1287
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 03:31:23 PM »
nothing is going to happen. it's just another y2k. TRUST Y'ALL
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 03:31:51 PM »
I'm so bummed my son will never know what a frontside grind will feel like.
As long as you don't mind fun-size being with us.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 03:40:24 PM »
I'm still waiting for SkyNet to become self aware.

Dr Newton

• Rep: 8
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 03:41:10 PM »
2012? Now isn't that ironic. It's the same number of men I've had sexual intercourse with!

DANCE! TO THE MUSIC!
THE DOCTOR..IS IN!

lenny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 03:45:56 PM »
I'm calling bullshit, but some post apocalyptic, mad max scenario could be cool... if you survived the initial chaos or whatever.

CeeyMar

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 03:46:27 PM »

you better be right! Or else my zombified ass will eat you!

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 03:47:32 PM »
I'm calling bullshit, but some post apocalyptic, mad max scenario could be cool... if you survived the initial chaos or whatever.

i was thinking about that while playing Fallout3. it would be pretty gnarly to be one of the few that survived and just go grab all the guns and grenades and shit and just go buckwild until you die.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

sweatloaf

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 03:55:49 PM »
I've been reading this apocalypse scenario site at work recently....
http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm

I don't believe in the whole "Worlds gonna end in 2012" but I like to read about it.

MEOW

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
    • Stardust Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 04:00:01 PM »

Pelican

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 04:01:33 PM »
im scared

Mark Snappleyard

• Rep: 11
  • Tre flip noseslides!
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 04:23:53 PM »
Sweet, the five days after my 25th birthday (December 16th, 2012) are going to be craaaazzzzyyyy.  My car insurance will also be a little bit cheaper, and I'll be able to rent a car without paying any silly bonus charges.  I'm fine with the world ending in 2012.  I'm going to get super drunk though, that way it won't hurt.  I'm voting for Nader in the 2012 election.  No one's vote matters.  I probably need to get off of the east coast though. I'd imagine the poles switching would cause some weird tidal shit to go on, and that would most certainly fuck my shit up.  Life is going to be just like EA Skate guys!  Why aren't we celebrating!? 

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 04:24:57 PM »
went through the motions of this shit, read up on it with an open mind, and still not buying it.  though, like all other mysterious phenomena we enjoy pondering in our leisure time, it is interesting and entertaining without a doubt.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 04:38:47 PM »
yea i have seen that,they got alot of argument that the end of the world is in 2012 im calling bullshit for the religion argument...but
the science tell it 2 so it is kind of confusing
tricks are for kids , style is forever

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 04:45:12 PM »
Some theories say that the aligning of the planets and the sun etc... will cause strange photomagnetic waves to be released and cause a change in the brain chemistry/composition and we will "awaken" so the big change in 2012 is actually going to be a movement into a higher spiritual plane or something like that.  That's what I believe, or maybe I'm just trying to be as optimistic as possible.

However if we have a specific date/time that it will happen I plan to take a bunch of acid and skydive with no parachute while having mid air sex and watching the Earth implode.  It will be so tight.
do more yoga!

HGDhero

• Rep: 32
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 04:55:51 PM »

Y3K For sure, think they had one in the 80s as well. Prolly be more like this untill it eventually it really happens, not much you can do if it does. So fuck it

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 05:23:04 PM »
For all you guys talking about the world imploding, the Earth will not be destroyed. If the predictions are right, it will simply change in a dramatic fashion. The Earths been through this kind of shift before, and there may even be historical accounts by the sumerians. There probably will be a large loss of life though. Even if we all die out, the Earth will continue spinning, albeit in the opposite direction
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

redrum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 05:37:37 PM »
Also the Myan calendar thats more precise than ours today ends on decmeber 21 2012 rather abruptly.

Damn, hopefully christmas comes early in 2012.

If the world does end I definitely want to see some gnarly Armageddon type deal, like it'll be such a disappointment if we went to sleep the night before and the world ends but we dont know about it.

Anyway, I agree with busey nothing is going to happen.

no one you know

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 05:38:20 PM »
Some theories say that the aligning of the planets and the sun etc... will cause strange photomagnetic waves to be released and cause a change in the brain chemistry/composition and we will "awaken" so the big change in 2012 is actually going to be a movement into a higher spiritual plane or something like that.  That's what I believe, or maybe I'm just trying to be as optimistic as possible.

However if we have a specific date/time that it will happen I plan to take a bunch of acid and skydive with no parachute while having mid air sex and watching the Earth implode.  It will be so tight.

Yeah I don't think anything is gonna happen, but if I had to pick one or the other I go along the lines of the advancement/enlightenment of society type thing. If there is mass extinction, oh well, we go into the next dimension, there have been mass extinctions before, who cares, but I don't think that is gonna happen, we would be a pretty stupid race if we didn't know some shit like that was coming, if we couldn't predict 50 years ago that the world would end on Dec 12, 2012, then we are pretty fucking regular. So don't worry nothing violent should happen, unless humans cause it, imo.

But yo its super funny theres this thread because there is a shit load going on with UFO sightings right now.

Jan 5 2009 Red lights spotted in NJ...any of you guys see this on the news? I did.

Jan 4 2009 UFO destroys wind turbine in UK

and on this website theres some crazy pics of perfect stone spheres that are really trippy, good quality too. Check it

www.realufos.net

redrum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 06:08:23 PM »
yo its super funny theres this thread because there is a shit load going on with UFO sightings right now.

Jan 5 2009 Red lights spotted in NJ...any of you guys see this on the news? I did.

Jan 4 2009 UFO destroys wind turbine in UK

and on this website theres some crazy pics of perfect stone spheres that are really trippy, good quality too. Check it

www.realufos.net

XENU IS RECLAIMING EARTH AS HIS OWN!!!!!

nah gammin

CeeyMar

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 06:11:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i was thinking about that while playing Fallout3. it would be pretty gnarly to be one of the few that survived and just go grab all the guns and grenades and shit and just go buckwild until you die.

Yeah and have to fucking deal with raiders and god damn super mutant behemoths and your going to have to go to Rivet city and find an Asian Scientist and nail her, I'd be down if you wanna make it a 2 man mission.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 06:13:02 PM »
a party on every street and a forty in every hand

alienlurkshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2009, 06:15:34 PM »
i was in guatemala a few months ago, and the people who live there are mostly of mayan descent. its weird because they have completely come to terms with the fact that the world will end in 2012, kids dont have and dreams about the future, etc.. because they all think they have 3 more years to live. so weird. personally, i dont believe it.
RIP Van