Author Topic: How Did You Start On The Slap Forum?  (Read 7733 times)

odp

Re: How Did You Start On The Slap Forum?
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2009, 10:56:39 PM »
shit, i've had a few accounts on slap since 2000. I had the same one since 06 and focused it a few weeks ago when i was forced to stop smoking herb. This place is llike a vortex..... I'd finally hit the over 1000 posts...... fuckin a. Anyways i found it due to looking at the SLAP site when i was a kid.

backagain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2009, 11:44:01 PM »
I was reading a SLAP mag at school and they would get a new one every month, so i read the shit out of one and then another finally came a month later... but in closely reading i found the Forum Fodder section and i thought the topics and comments were hilarious so i checked it out, and i was very satisfied hahahahahahah

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2009, 01:17:46 AM »
In highschool (02ish) some kid pointed me in the direction of Digitalskate.net as a means to just get my grubby skate-hungry mitts on any sort of skate related media floating around on the internet, where I watched every single obscure homie-vid promo or montage I could find until the site went down. Then Skateperception sort of picked up where digitalskate left off and I just sorta hopped on over there for the same reason, this was before youtube I think or else my foray into mb'ing never would have happened.

Anyway, I'm neither a filmer or editor, and posts in "anything goes" (they're equivelant of the Whatever section here) aren't even added toward your post count. I was truely a man with no country over there.

Then one day, my good buddy Dave who's been on here since the beginning of Slap would always try to bring shit up that he heard about on this supposed Slap messageboard in real life conversation as if any of it was really going to strike it big with us real people. We rl kook'd him several times for this until finally one night I just spontaneously registered and started spamming the shit out of this place as I continue to do.

This place was my first exposure to any sort of elitist online culture. I remember within my first couple posts I got flamed by Guile for posting self-footage in the photo/video section. It was a dark moment in my life. It was then I realized that this place is sorta like jumping rope, you've got to get a rhythm for how things work before you jump in, unless you want to end up like GWB...

I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

frisco

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2009, 01:22:17 AM »
In highschool (02ish) some kid pointed me in the direction of Digitalskate.net as a means to just get my grubby skate-hungry mitts on any sort of skate related media floating around on the internet, where I watched every single obscure homie-vid promo or montage I could find until the site went down. Then Skateperception sort of picked up where digitalskate left off and I just sorta hopped on over there for the same reason, this was before youtube I think or else my foray into mb'ing never would have happened.

Anyway, I'm neither a filmer or editor, and posts in "anything goes" (they're equivelant of the Whatever section here) aren't even added toward your post count. I was truely a man with no country over there.

Then one day, my good buddy Dave who's been on here since the beginning of Slap would always try to bring shit up that he heard about on this supposed Slap messageboard in real life conversation as if any of it was really going to strike it big with us real people. We rl kook'd him several times for this until finally one night I just spontaneously registered and started spamming the shit out of this place as I continue to do.

This place was my first exposure to any sort of elitist online culture. I remember within my first couple posts I got flamed by Guile for posting self-footage in the photo/video section. It was a dark moment in my life. It was then I realized that this place is sorta like jumping rope, you've got to get a rhythm for how things work before you jump in, unless you want to end up like GWB...

hahaha money picture, I wouldnt be surprised if that was him

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2009, 01:36:57 AM »
the bitch tripped me on purpose. but i gave her life long lip sores, so whos laughing now?
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Sodesu

• Rep: -2
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2009, 02:03:54 AM »
I started on Delphi, this guy from Montreal or Toronto kept talking things about SLAP's message board, it was around 2000 or 2001 if my memory serve. I forgot what I post but Jah and other veterans kept fired back, it was so funny that I was hooked.. I do not know if lurking here really help my English that much but it definitely helped.

Though they redid the board last year, for some stupid reason I had to register a new account.

Anyway, SLAP was a really good magazine, it is really weird to see it had to go digital.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2009, 06:08:24 AM »
2002 i started lurking but never signed up... i think i then signed up in 06 but never posted... then i resigned up last year to help me procrastinate, pretty psyched that I did

Temp Gnar

• Rep: 7
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2009, 07:25:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Booze, skating, chicks, bro's, sarcasm, irony, love, hate, being an ex slap-pal that shoulda never focused,boobs, making a kid show his balls for a fake fully flared link, wanting to leave work to go post on slap, whores, Jamie Thomas call outs, bentmode posts, bullshit, fast times at ridgemont high, gnars, and kooks.

Its why I can't leave
[close]

........the fuck?
How 'bout the Slap sure fire way to pass a drug test?

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2221
  • computer says no
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2009, 08:25:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Booze, skating, chicks, bro's, sarcasm, irony, love, hate, being an ex slap-pal that shoulda never focused,boobs, making a kid show his balls for a fake fully flared link, wanting to leave work to go post on slap, whores, Jamie Thomas call outs, bentmode posts, bullshit, fast times at ridgemont high, gnars, and kooks.

Its why I can't leave
[close]

........the fuck?
[close]
How 'bout the Slap sure fire way to pass a drug test?
Word on the street is that the technique works with 100% efficiency. One of the most informative classic threads ever!

gaiparee

• Rep: 481
    • I really really really hate rawbertson avatar image
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2009, 11:07:11 AM »
i started posting here because rawbertson came and started the "hatersink" thread.

i came just to kill him but like a murderer i always return to the scene of the crime.

biggums mcgee

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2009, 12:52:30 PM »
When I was a young guy, a package arrived on my doorstep from R. "S" Boyce, adressed to Biggums the G. I opened it up, and inside was a brand-new copy of the RDS video and a note to some guy on the slap message boards named Biggums the G. This guy lived in Canada, but was having all his mail forwarded to upstate NY. Kind of a random occurence, but I wandered into this place and haven't looked back since.

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2009, 04:37:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Its why I can't leave
[close]

........the fuck?
[close]

Haha, I forgot about that!
He wrote "Slap" on them with a sharpie if I remember, then said it burned.
who was that again? wetigers?
[close]

Yea.
I went so far as to make a fake FF... and after 1 minute or so of skate footy of the Lakai team, it busts into some black midget getting railed by a giant cock.
I told the kid "I'll post the link to FF for everyone if you write SLAP PALS on your balls with Sharpie and post a pic.
The world almost stopped spinning that night.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 08:40:38 PM by DevilOnEnzyte »
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

redrum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2009, 05:18:49 PM »
I think around 06 i signed up and posted for a while then got over it a bit. Signed up again late last year, and check the forums almost every day.

In 06 the majority of the topics i read were pretty good and it made for good reading.

barr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2009, 06:40:17 PM »
i randomly found this board

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

bjsk87

• Rep: -10
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2009, 11:24:01 PM »
After having SLAP for a few years I just figured I'd give it a look.
It's the only board I go on.

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2009, 11:30:49 PM »
Expand Quote
i migrated here after delphi started dwidling in activity. i still miss that place like no other.
[close]

Baby Gerber

• Rep: -54
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2009, 09:14:18 AM »
i lurked, and lurked, and lurked and it just happened.
;)

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2009, 11:05:56 AM »
I heard that Jamie Thomas was talking to the commoners
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

VeganShawn

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2009, 02:12:57 PM »
searching for episodes of NBCs sk8

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65425
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2009, 02:41:33 PM »
My homey Drew turned me on to it when I first moved to Victoria 2 years ago.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2009, 02:56:42 PM »
I lurked on those skaterumor boards and found a thread where they made fun of the slap boards, I took a look and never left

Boston.

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2009, 03:02:06 PM »
i checked it out one day after hearing one of the wheelbite guys talking about it. i got my first computer in 03 and the local message boards were going off at the time, then i remembered about this place. i think i lurked every couple of weeks for almost two years, before making my first account. meeting a lot of different slap pals has been pretty rad so far. seeing grimcity throw up all over himself on a trip to vermont was priceless, as was making balloon animal weiners at a cici's pizza buffet with babykillaseason and doctor handsome. i met mexicanspaniard at denver park a few days after meeting lenny and poocrusher. artichoke lurked me at a spikes hotdogs in boston, and so on. it's been an interesting thing so far, even if it does suck periodically

walrus

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2009, 09:20:11 PM »
lurked for video links. lurkage for awhile until i figured id become a local

SleepyPeePee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2009, 12:06:06 AM »
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20081226174833AA5LmiA&cp=2

ahahaha what the fuck?

damn that mom's gonna be bummin' once she walks in on her kid getting a rusty trumbone from Little Billy the filthy neighbor kid down the street..
would you rather hear "woo" from the omar salazar pack? i wouldn't. their "yeahs" are genuine, and cool. "yeah" has been the battle cry of skaters for as long as i can remember.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2009, 07:55:43 AM »
sheer boredom at the job.
i lurked a while here and there, then found my way to funny myspace pics thread and signed up to join in on the laughs.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2221
  • computer says no
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2009, 07:56:16 AM »
...and with all the gear we had, no pics? Nobody even used a cellphone camera?

I reckon there's a reason that Vermont isn't famous for its burritos.

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2009, 08:12:29 AM »
My creator programmed me to bring down the Master Control Program from the inside.  My light cycle ran out of juice and I ended up in this sleazy part of the internet.  I bumped into another program that went by the name of "China White" and he offered me a vial of something he called "cyber juice".  Since then, I've developed an addiction and I can't make it out of the SLAP mainframe.  Somebody help me?  Please?

Pelican

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2009, 08:22:22 AM »
i followed my nose

Boston.

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2009, 08:29:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
...and with all the gear we had, no pics? Nobody even used a cellphone camera?

I reckon there's a reason that Vermont isn't famous for its burritos.
paradise closed down if you can believe it