Author Topic: New Cliche Vid  (Read 17679 times)

MOSOD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
New Cliche Vid
« on: February 09, 2009, 01:45:48 PM »
Anyone hear about it and what went down in the vid

tanhoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Cliche Vid
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 01:53:07 PM »
i really want to see it.

bad timing to put out a video though, it kind of got lost in all the mindfield talk/hype

post 666! rad.

Hopscotch

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 02:15:53 PM »
saw it in pacific drive when I bought mind field. I was going to buy it but didn't have the money for both videos.

MOSOD

• Rep: -1
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 02:36:40 PM »
i  really wanna buy this vid, i hope my local shop has it. See id rather buy the new cliche video than mindfield because at least im supporting a skateboard company not some huge conglomerate with rich fat assholes . and by no means am i directing this comment towards you magazine gnarticle this is just my personal opinion
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:39:02 PM by MOSOD »

Trick Ass Bitch

• Rep: -7
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 03:09:00 PM »
It's really good. All in HD, but not that much of that lakai slow-mo'd "lifestyle" shots. JB and Lucas's part is awesome and the new guy, Flo Mirtain's part is pretty sweet too. Brophy ollies over the world. Soundtrack is pretty sweet too, I think its mostly original music made for the video.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 03:55:03 PM »
There last promo video was really good. How was Joey's part? They have a premiere here in SF that I will check out.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 05:52:53 PM »
Fuck mindfeild, this is what the (good) people want.

anblue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »
brophy got curtains right
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 08:37:05 PM »
All I needed to hear was Florent Mirtain's part was good. I'm stoked now. This really did get eclipsed by mindfield hype.

Stunts

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 09:22:16 PM »
Never seen this Florent guy before, makes me wonder though, is Flo Marfaing still hucking? He was on another level.
So stoked on this vid. Jb and Lucas have a shared part? And Brophy got curtains!!! Sounds fucking amazing!

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 12:07:10 AM »
Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part? Wherry part?

Harold.

• Rep: 3
  • you want me to trash your fucking lights?
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 01:00:48 AM »
Cliche always make sick vids, hopefully this one will be no exception.
Hyped to see some more of Charles Collet too.

Thibaut

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 02:09:17 AM »
I bought the videos 2 weeks ago. When the guy from the shop told me the price: 10€, i was rather worried because such a low price meant it was not a full lenght, but it actually is!!! Full parts from everyone!!!!
Jb and Lucas share a part. Lucas's skating is more natural, not only combos, but he has some really good stuff. Jb's part is awsome, more ledge skating like back in the days. That is what i expected from him. I've have been disappointed by his FF footy, which definitely lacked some lines. Anyway, here, plenty of lines and plenty of style
Flo is amazing as well. He makes me think of a mix of Brady for the style and Pudwill for the tricks. All good.
They have a lot of footage from the flow team: Boris Proust (French) and some really good australian guys among others...
Javier, Ricardo Fonseca and Cale Nuske share a part. This might be the one I skip the most but Javier has some really good stuff.
Joey's part is really tech as usual.
Charles Collet skates pretty much everything, i feel like his style has really matured since the last video. He makes me think of a young Steve Forstner.
And Brophy was good, but maybe no the best for a last part, mainly because a lot of his tricks were already seen in mags or in the Fourstar tour or DVS clips... But still, mad pop and style for miles.

They have some tour footy as well(France and Australia)

Definitely not my favourite cliché vidéo, but still good, especially for the price. One thing missing is a Gégé Daclin's part. Too bad the man's too busy to film a part because he still has some skills from his last adds and the few clips from the vidéo.

Each time i watch Cliché vidéos, it makes me think that the US East coast hasn't the monopoly of roughness, because you can see some pretty fucked up spots in the video, the kind that looks good but when you actually skate them, you loose all your enthusiasm at the sight of the ground...

ps: who's wherry?

skimthefat

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 02:21:18 AM »
charles collet is super sick, him and puig i'm always stoked on.

don't really feel the music cliche always throw in their vids, though. i'll still buy the sucker.

qwertypoiuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 05:20:13 AM »
Never seen this Florent guy before, makes me wonder though, is Flo Marfaing still hucking? He was on another level.

flo has always killed it
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 07:20:06 AM by qwertypoiuy »

Thibaut

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 05:28:40 AM »
Flo is seriously really good. There is one french guy, Boris Proust, that was put on Cliché at the same time, but in few months, Flo became full am. That must be weird for Boris given the fact that Flo is only 18 (i think) and Boris around 22 and has been known in France for several years now...
Boris has some serious nosegrind skills though... he maybe did one of the longest nosegrinf i've ever seen in this video.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 06:30:07 AM »
will anyone rip it? i'd dying to see it!

fattygay

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 07:08:26 AM »
if i wasnt so poor id go buy it

Thibaut

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 07:41:38 AM »
There last promo video was really good. How was Joey's part? They have a premiere here in SF that I will check out.

Joey's part is good, not much different from his other parts. Lots of manual combos and tricks taht have never been done. It's good to the the footy of his latest ads.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 08:55:53 AM »
There's an SF premiere today:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Tall

• Rep: 7
  • there's my chippy
    • Humble Empire avatar image
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 10:57:05 AM »

i think he means bryan brian?  im pretty sure its bryan

a good canadian lad.

Thibaut

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 11:53:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i think he means bryan brian?  im pretty sure its bryan

a good canadian lad.

ok. he has just few tricks in the flow section. But they are either really good or really original (i don't want to spoil by explaining them...)

walrus

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 04:53:01 PM »
so wheres the links to collett and lucas

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 06:24:59 PM »
...I back any dude with the name "Proust"

Thibaut

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 03:12:02 AM »
...I back any dude with the name "Proust"

because of the author??

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 10:21:38 AM »
Saw it yesterday. I liked the video a lot. It really has that Cliche feel (tour footy, friends section and parts by the whole team) and the music was questionable but appropriate. Brezinksi part was so dope, but probably won't win a lot of people over in here. There were so many manny combos I have never seen before. JB's part was solid and it seems like they held a lot of footage for this part rather then Fully Flared. Overall a dope video and it really does suck that Mind Field over shadowed this vid....
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Nibbler

• Rep: 8
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 10:33:11 AM »
brophy's on fire right now

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 10:38:19 AM »
^i'm waiting for this vid to make it to the states.
while i'm waiting i hope it gets uploaded on the low, the whole team gets me siked.  

newMe

• Rep: 18
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 10:41:42 AM »
I thought the video contained some amazing skating, but some of the editing was questionable. Especially that new guy Flo's part, there is so much sped up and slowed down footage, it gets on my nerves. And it has the absolute no-no of sped-up pushing(like fast-forwarded) in a line between tricks, I can't stand that! Let us watch someone push already, whats another 2 seconds?
JB, Lucas, Collete and Brophy had my favorite parts. But shame on DVS for putting a commercial out with Brophy showing some of his best tricks that were going to be in the Cliche vid. It spoiled a bit of it when I saw Brophy's Cle part.
Good tricks and good spots though, just needs a re-edit I say.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 11:09:16 AM »
^^^^Yeah that speed up stuff was weak. I guess it didn't fit right to the song. Always reminds me of David Gonzales' part in the Globe video where he did one trick and looked like he had no idea what to do so they sped it up and went to another trick he did in the line.

Dude.....a bunch of Brophy's tricks were just ollies. Not eve like HUF ones but just floating ass ollies down sets.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin