Author Topic: anyone got ink? tattoos that is....  (Read 362355 times)

pekkaaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: anyone got ink? tattoos that is....
« Reply #1350 on: September 01, 2015, 09:52:08 AM »

colin

« Reply #1351 on: September 01, 2015, 07:55:22 PM »

dillanharp

« Reply #1352 on: September 01, 2015, 09:47:04 PM »

BraveUlysses

« Reply #1353 on: September 06, 2015, 06:57:52 PM »
Just got this one today and I'm excited about it. Been wanting something like this for a while. Also stoked on your tattoo InternetDaddy!

colin

« Reply #1354 on: September 07, 2015, 06:02:44 AM »
Dang, I like it man - she's pretty

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1355 on: September 07, 2015, 08:49:11 AM »
Yo nice Ulysses, I recommend watching the X Files episode about the guy that got the tattoo of a chick and starts hearing her voice in his head and being controlled by her now to celebrate. It's on Netflix.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #1356 on: September 08, 2015, 07:10:31 AM »
Just got this one today and I'm excited about it. Been wanting something like this for a while. Also stoked on your tattoo InternetDaddy!

Thanks man! I really like yours, that's awesome.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1357 on: September 10, 2015, 05:29:23 PM »
So I get to buy a new handpiece apparently, anyone got any recs the last one was "rotary" but I think I just want the basic liner/shader. also- been thinking- and it's not the most "environmentally conscious" move but if you goto radio shack you probably can get the parts to make your handpiece battery operated so you and your homies can tattoo eachother out in the middle of the park/skatepark/at the beach/by the river/anywhere. i like it. subsitute the foot pedal with a momentary push button switch too. i can make an "instructable" on it maybe i don't see why not.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1358 on: September 15, 2015, 07:24:40 AM »
Well here's how you'd wire a portable power source for a rotary tattoo machine. Your classic shader/liner machines operate on a lower voltage, I tried a 10 dollar c-class liner on 4AAA batteries (so 6 volts of electricity) and it was going pretty damn fast. I'm looking forward to getting a battery holder for 3 AAA/AA batteries (so 4.5 volts) to operate shader/liners on. It's your typical "closed circuit" for running a motor with a switch but where your motor would go you're going to use a mono 1/4" jack (the same kind a guitar maker will have) for your clip cord that goes straight to the machine.

colin

« Reply #1359 on: September 15, 2015, 07:47:33 PM »
That's fucking dope man

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1360 on: September 15, 2015, 11:44:16 PM »
Hell yeah it's probably all in my head but I loved using it a whole lot more than being plugged into the wall. Then earlier today I got the other (liner/shader wrapped coils) machine running off some AAA batteries but it just randomly stopped working for me for w/e reason before I got to actually use it. I did get it on video though so when some dweeb goes "yeah well you needed a capacitator before the input for the clipcord/tattoo machine or something along those lines i'm imagining i can just be like "yo it worked fine". i don't see why if they run off the same wall source why it'd be different but i guess ya never know. it was going pretty fast on 6v compared to the rotary machine on 9v though so we'll see. actually got a prison style machine running off a single AA battery earlier that one i'm stoked to see how it works.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1361 on: September 26, 2015, 03:31:41 AM »
Ayo what's a better knuckle tat; "kick flip" or "heel flip"? (there's hard flip and late flip but c'mon now) I guess I'll just get "Late Shuv" well. don't take my word for it! "Noco mply" ;)

by the way got this shit tonight. needs a little touchup on the C's but if i'm in prison in a couple days they'll def know i rep the east coast. shoulder to shoulder, or back to back.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #1362 on: October 17, 2015, 01:40:30 PM »

Got this one done the other day, fucking stoked on her!

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1363 on: October 17, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »
Oh, good, a homage to his Egyptian ancestors.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #1364 on: October 18, 2015, 08:59:37 AM »
Well here's how you'd wire a portable power source for a rotary tattoo machine. Your classic shader/liner machines operate on a lower voltage, I tried a 10 dollar c-class liner on 4AAA batteries (so 6 volts of electricity) and it was going pretty damn fast. I'm looking forward to getting a battery holder for 3 AAA/AA batteries (so 4.5 volts) to operate shader/liners on. It's your typical "closed circuit" for running a motor with a switch but where your motor would go you're going to use a mono 1/4" jack (the same kind a guitar maker will have) for your clip cord that goes straight to the machine.

could you just use an rheostat and control the voltage  to the gun that way?  
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 01:58:03 PM by City of Drunken Totems »

essal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1365 on: October 18, 2015, 01:46:46 PM »
Very nice, essal.  Love that one.  Who did it?
Mitch Kirilo at Gastown Tattoo here in Vancouver.

Rusty, it's based on a traditional flash from a Norwegian guy named Amund Dietzel. So it might be a homage to my home??? Da fuq do I know, I don't care.

kingpinuser

• Rep: 54
« Reply #1366 on: October 18, 2015, 01:49:57 PM »

Newest addition (pic was take right after completion, white in the eyes healed amazing)  done by a good homie, If anyone likes folk art/tattoos check him out https://instagram.com/wolf_rat/

RickRust

• Rep: -26
  • Shout out all the pear.
« Reply #1367 on: October 19, 2015, 01:14:08 AM »
Expand Quote
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxQS2CiJDng
[close]
could you just use an rheostat and control the voltage  to the gun that way?  
I'd try a dimmer switch. Potentiometers aren't meant to work with that sort of thing on their own and smoke will literally pour out of them. Maybe worth a laugh though pal.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #1368 on: October 22, 2015, 11:55:07 AM »

got this a couple days ago, this is my first tattoo. based on the original art of gilbert crockett that he posted on instagram a while ago

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #1369 on: October 25, 2015, 05:15:31 AM »
thats rad Joe! im booked in for my next one on thursday, super hyped

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #1370 on: December 03, 2015, 06:37:38 AM »
I got this on Monday, really happy how it came out. It was all done at once, took around 6 hours, and last two hours were pure hell, haha. Based on a Voivod album cover, but with a little different spin.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #1371 on: December 03, 2015, 08:05:38 AM »
^That's really cool man!

I just got my third, a panther head. I'll post a pic once it heals a little more, it's peeling right now. Here's a pic from the artist's instagram though!

Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #1372 on: January 05, 2016, 04:41:38 AM »
^That's really cool man!

I just got my third, a panther head. I'll post a pic once it heals a little more, it's peeling right now. Here's a pic from the artist's instagram though!

Nice! I always love seeing different kinds of panther heads. The other one posted on this page is sick too. Never gets old. Added this lady head to my upper arm last night. Had no idea how much getting tattooed in the ditch(inner elbow area) hurts but it does.
Also got this cowboy arrowhead thing a month ago.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:51:34 AM by BraveUlysses »

colin

« Reply #1373 on: January 05, 2016, 07:08:19 PM »
^^^I think that cowboy head is tight.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #1374 on: January 06, 2016, 01:02:43 AM »
^^^I think that cowboy head is tight.

The curve of the hat looks really good.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1375 on: January 06, 2016, 04:55:39 PM »
I got this on Monday, really happy how it came out. It was all done at once, took around 6 hours, and last two hours were pure hell, haha. Based on a Voivod album cover, but with a little different spin.

Four hours is my limit. 6 is burly!

Nice lookin' work!

colin

« Reply #1376 on: January 06, 2016, 07:44:00 PM »
GAY, have you posted pictures of any or your work?

essal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1377 on: January 07, 2016, 12:17:40 PM »
Brave those look great!

I got fucking stabbed today. By Tony Nilsson at Blue Arms Tattoo in Oslo. It's based off an old Percy Waters design from pre 1930s.

(sorry if it's huge, this computer has no editing software)

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #1378 on: January 07, 2016, 12:40:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Four hours is my limit. 6 is burly!

Nice lookin' work!

Thanks man. Yeah, 6 is a lot but I sure as fuck aint doing that again, I almost cried like a bitch at the end. But it was worth it for sure, seeing it all done first day.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1379 on: January 07, 2016, 05:48:09 PM »
Brave those look great!

I got fucking stabbed today. By Tony Nilsson at Blue Arms Tattoo in Oslo. It's based off an old Percy Waters design from pre 1930s.

(sorry if it's huge, this computer has no editing software)

That's some good work.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.