Author Topic: Skateboarding is trendy...  (Read 8912 times)

Wood Pusher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -682
  • I have way too many accounts.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skateboarding is trendy...
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 07:59:14 AM »
Heres a post I found on my berrics:
i swear i can tre very cleanly but i just cant do a steezy kickflip i can do weak ones that arent high and dont look good at all and alot times primo can anyone help my tres are perfect

cnoodles

• Rep: 0
  • muthafucka im ill
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2009, 10:24:55 AM »
YOU KNOW WHAT? FUCK LIPSLIDES TO SWITCH CROOKED GRINDS
FUCK THEM.

ProjectPatrick

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2009, 11:33:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i was comming to the same conclution acouple months back... i just stopped skating because i was tired of seeing the worst people skating.  little kids doing the black lip combo tricks, and what ever is the hott trick of the month.   i also stopped logging onto this dumb ass forum because of the same retarted opinions being stated. 

i came to the conclution that half of you people on this forum are just like emo kids.. you try to be non-conformists, but your just conforming to your "non-comforist" ideals. 

taking a step away from skateboarding all together has let me come back and just not care about trivial stuff any more.  just go out and skate and quit complaining.  life a lot better when your not bummed. 
[close]

Shit's weak. I'm having a sort of passing interest/hate relationship with this website. It's clearly dumb as all hell but I have exhausted my ideas for better ways to kill time at work.
[close]
maybe its time for you to pick up a new past time besides skateboarding... i started riding fixed gear bikes. 

i thought they were wack before i rode them, but after riding for a while its pretty much the same thing as skating.  you bomb hills, weave between traffic, and you can do tricks.

i dont even go onto the skateboarding gossip websites nearly as much as i used to do.  i just look at bike parts and go on fixed gear forums.  i guess you can say my interest has transitioned to another thing. but fuck, cyclists are a lot more mature and real than retarted half cab wearing "you got fake steeze im calling you out on it"  brown cords and flannel wearing people on this forum.

you should get a new dumb hobby narcissus. 
Good thing you got the fuck out of skateboarding. Sounds like you just bought one so you could get into some sort of prepackaged subculture that went along with it. You complain about the little kids doing all the hot tricks but those little kids know whats up way more than you do, they're out there having fun skating and not quitting skateboarding because of bullshit pretentious things like what tricks other people do and "the industry". How the fuck are you any better than these brown cord wearers accusing people of fake style when you pretty much quit skating because you have the same type of attitude. Well, I hope things work out much better with your newly purchased fixed gear culture that makes you so much more hip and mature. Maybe it's one that will be more accommodating for a worried bitch such as yourself. 

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2009, 11:37:56 AM »
It's not so bad being trendy.

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 12:03:15 PM »
One thing that needs to stop it "Yo flips" (I think Dan Watson said that) or excessively spread leg tre flips.
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

Since.1927

• Rep: 2
  • Cardiel wins at life.
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2009, 01:12:12 PM »
haha this thread is awsome

killing time

• Rep: 19
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2009, 11:05:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i was comming to the same conclution acouple months back... i just stopped skating because i was tired of seeing the worst people skating.  little kids doing the black lip combo tricks, and what ever is the hott trick of the month.   i also stopped logging onto this dumb ass forum because of the same retarted opinions being stated. 

i came to the conclution that half of you people on this forum are just like emo kids.. you try to be non-conformists, but your just conforming to your "non-comforist" ideals. 

taking a step away from skateboarding all together has let me come back and just not care about trivial stuff any more.  just go out and skate and quit complaining.  life a lot better when your not bummed. 
[close]

Shit's weak. I'm having a sort of passing interest/hate relationship with this website. It's clearly dumb as all hell but I have exhausted my ideas for better ways to kill time at work.
[close]
maybe its time for you to pick up a new past time besides skateboarding... i started riding fixed gear bikes. 

i thought they were wack before i rode them, but after riding for a while its pretty much the same thing as skating.  you bomb hills, weave between traffic, and you can do tricks.

i dont even go onto the skateboarding gossip websites nearly as much as i used to do.  i just look at bike parts and go on fixed gear forums.  i guess you can say my interest has transitioned to another thing. but fuck, cyclists are a lot more mature and real than retarted half cab wearing "you got fake steeze im calling you out on it"  brown cords and flannel wearing people on this forum.

you should get a new dumb hobby narcissus. 
[close]
Good thing you got the fuck out of skateboarding. Sounds like you just bought one so you could get into some sort of prepackaged subculture that went along with it. You complain about the little kids doing all the hot tricks but those little kids know whats up way more than you do, they're out there having fun skating and not quitting skateboarding because of bullshit pretentious things like what tricks other people do and "the industry". How the fuck are you any better than these brown cord wearers accusing people of fake style when you pretty much quit skating because you have the same type of attitude. Well, I hope things work out much better with your newly purchased fixed gear culture that makes you so much more hip and mature. Maybe it's one that will be more accommodating for a worried bitch such as yourself. 

wow!  is it that time of month for you princess?  well its ok, i know how defensive you can get over your wooden dildo with rubber wheels you hold so dearly.  its ok sweety, daddy will get you those new machester selects you have had your eye on.  and while were at it we can get the new transworld so you can stay up to date on all of your industry gossip.. did you hear lizard king got a new scandalous tattoo?  omg! 

anyways, to everyone else out there who has to same opinion as princess diary's over here.  take a deep breath, its just a skateboard.  if you lack critical reading princess rehtated over here, then you will realize that i stated quote "taking a step away from skateboarding all together has let me come back and just not care about trivial stuff any more.  just go out and skate and quit complaining.  life a lot better when your not bummed."  hmmm, thats such a radical idea?  anyways it seems like riding a track bike now and days is like skating back in the early 90's.  people made fun of you for doing it.  fuck it, its feels like the first time i picked up a skateboard.

Do you want to put a saddle on the lion of Juddah and ride it back to babylon?

Gest

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2009, 11:40:41 PM »
take a deep breath, its just a skateboard.

i just stopped skating because i was tired of seeing the worst people skating.  little kids doing the black lip combo tricks, and what ever is the hott trick of the month.

weird! faggot

killing time

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2009, 11:46:39 PM »
good job on taking quotes out of context gest.  slap is blessed to have members with so many talents. 

Gest

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2009, 11:50:04 PM »
i wont even argue about this with you, if youre so gosh darned cool and are better off without skateboarding (which you are definitely acting like right now), dont post on the fuckin boards, person. go to a fixie forum or something, jock

killing time

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2009, 12:03:33 AM »
hahahahahaha, settle down.  i was just trying to tell narcissus that getting another hobby on the side helps with not caring about skateboarding.  and then people start get excited and tell me to leave and not skate because i like to ride a bike. 

isnt this forum*** about trends?  about how people shouldn't do things because its "cool".  im pretty sure if we were to take a consensus on this forum, the vast majority would say riding a track bike is not "cool".  but thats not the point. 

do something because you like it, not because other people like it. 

you people act like a skateboard is a crucifix or something

thread***

Gest

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2009, 12:06:51 AM »
hahahahahaha, settle down.  i was just trying to tell narcissus that getting another hobby on the side helps with not caring about skateboarding.  and then people start get excited and tell me to leave and not skate because i like to ride a bike. 

isnt this forum*** about trends?  about how people shouldn't do things because its "cool".  im pretty sure if we were to take a consensus on this forum, the vast majority would say riding a track bike is not "cool".  but thats not the point. 

thread***

i dont give a fuck whether you ride a bike or not, there are dudes right now posting about fucking couches or something, but i dont see why you need to post here if you dont skateboard. all youre doing is being a snob. get out OUT!

killing time

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2009, 12:26:45 AM »
Expand Quote

thread***

[close]
i dont give a fuck whether you ride a bike or not, there are dudes right now posting about fucking couches or something, but i dont see why you need to post here if you dont skateboard. all youre doing is being a snob. get out OUT!

i want you to take deep breaths gest.  breath in; one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand.  exhale; one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand.  repeat. breath in; one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand.  exhale; one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand. 

apparently you failed your literacy competency in grade school.  so as the nice person i am will help you out.

apparently i am accused of this

[/quote]but i dont see why you need to post here if you dont skateboard[/quote]

and all i previously wrote was

[/quote]taking a step away from skateboarding all together has let me come back and just not care about trivial stuff any more[/quote]

i'll give you some pointers on key words i used in this sentence i created.

"taking a step" is a notion i used as part to show that i am not completley over skateboarding, but more of "im going to take a little break" type of feel.  and then paired with "taking a step" i also used "has let me come back".  now, "has let me come back" makes the assertion to the reader that i have essentialy taken the step back into skateboarding. 

now gest, i am baffled by where you got the idea that i am not a skateboarder.  i have been skateboarding for 11 years of my life and its as much a part of me as my multiply sprained right ankle. 

how about you stop being a moron and stop embarrassing everyone who likes this thing called a skateboard
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 12:37:35 AM by killing time »

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2009, 07:20:10 AM »
One thing that needs to stop it "Yo flips" (I think Dan Watson said that) or excessively spread leg tre flips.

Why? Let people do what they want!

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2009, 08:23:51 AM »
Sounds like you've got a case of the skatepark blues. I also get super bummed on skating anytime I spend too much time at a skatepark loaded with kids trying to get notice and sponsored or whatever.

My advice is too avoid the skatepark and the messageboard for a while, if you can. Skate some street go for a hike and eat some granola.

spare change

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2009, 09:06:44 AM »
words to live by.This weekend me and my close friends skated some weird new spots void of expectations and other skaters.
So good. As much as skateparks have become a necessity to skate during the week around here, i despise them.

asiaog

• Rep: 0
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2009, 03:14:45 PM »
this topic is sooooo overblown-skateboarding has always been trendy..the only difference is between generations is whether its accepted by normal america or not. history will continue to repeat itself..so watch,laugh, be yourself, and quit worrying so much about the next dude that gets what you dont. as for style..its hard to put a time limit on it-if you only ride your board when its time to do tricks..i feel for ya.fly thru traffic..skate to the store..push down a country road to wherever you skate bro..its not style..its bein one with the thing under your feet..