Author Topic: injuries?  (Read 906 times)

vicky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • brofessional
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
injuries?
« on: March 17, 2009, 07:32:27 AM »
has anyone has a fractured/or broken tailbone before? i am really bummed because it just started to get nice and even pushing on my board hurts. how long does it take for this to heal to the point where i can skate without pain and what can i do to speed up the process?
we could get matching halter tops and do kickturns over the dick at fdr, people wouldn't know what to do. I would be a c cup massacre.

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
Re: injuries?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 08:01:16 AM »
I'm not a doctor by any means, but I'm pretty sure the tailbone for guys and for girls is very different, so my personal experience might not be much good for you. But, when I was younger, I fucked my tailbone up on a GT snowracer - I remember it taking a few months before I could sit down properly. My advice is to see a Doctor - the tailbone is super important, its the base of your spine.

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • brofessional
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 08:02:53 AM »
i went to the hospital after it had happened, they pretty much just gave me a donut thing to sit on and some percosets. just curious if there was anything i could do to speed the process along.
we could get matching halter tops and do kickturns over the dick at fdr, people wouldn't know what to do. I would be a c cup massacre.

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 08:15:57 AM »
So, is your bone actually fractured?

When I was hurt, I remember having not much to do to actually speed up the process of heeling. Basically it just takes time, which is probably not what you want to hear. I remember it was helpful not to sit for long periods of time. And my doctor told me it was good to sit on hard surfaces if I could bare it.

Also, helpful bonus gross tip, try using a stool softener... makes going to the bathroom less painful...

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • brofessional
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 08:49:40 AM »
yea my bone is fractured. it sucks, i figured youd say it would just take time. if i skate i have to take a pill before i even think about it. hopefully it heals sooner than later. thanks for the tips.

Just Green Enough

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ...but existing is basically all i do
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 09:16:21 AM »
yeah, when i was a kid, probably about 8 or 9, my full-grown dog tried running between my legs when i was standing on a sidewalk. it threw me in the air and i fractured my tailbone.
i couldn't sit right on my ass for about a month, but it was pretty good after that. it might have been because i was pretty young, so it might have healed a bit quicker.

oh, and yeah, stool softener would have helped. i remember shitting hurt pretty bad sometimes.
I am in fact, a homosexual like Brian Anderson