Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 244072 times)

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 433
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2070 on: April 24, 2021, 07:30:09 AM »
people who preemptively say thank you for holding the door open when they're way out of the range of acceptable door holding distance

devious motherfuckers

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 21
  • i heard gilbert can't read
« Reply #2071 on: April 24, 2021, 12:08:35 PM »
a future pet peeve of mine will be the sci fi sound effects that all the electric cars will have as they drive and idle

Lotta teslas and hybrid suvs in SF are tuned to sound like a fucking Wipeout hovercraft. it's insane
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

fortunecattlesteakhouse

• Rep: 90
« Reply #2072 on: April 24, 2021, 09:44:16 PM »
Expand Quote
anyone who generally lacks gratitude/common decency. oxygen thieves basically
[close]
Oh god it drives me batshit especially when you’re going to a door and the person in front doesn’t hold the door open like two seconds too late and you say thanks buddy audible enough for them to hear and they’ve got that stupid look of who me?!

Yeah you you dipshit can’t you just pretend to hold it open and feign like you’ve got any self respect or decency towards your self and fellow man?! Wtf is wrong with these people?!
its because they werent taught shame unfortunately -lack of parental figures or said parental figures failed in their teachings. bad eggs

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
  • USA
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2073 on: April 26, 2021, 09:56:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Oh god it drives me batshit especially when you’re going to a door and the person in front doesn’t hold the door open like two seconds too late and you say thanks buddy audible enough for them to hear and they’ve got that stupid look of who me?!

Yeah you you dipshit can’t you just pretend to hold it open and feign like you’ve got any self respect or decency towards your self and fellow man?! Wtf is wrong with these people?!

I could understand with social distancing and all, but I'm pretty sure you told me you're in Florida; the place where Covid never existed so thus indeed, those people are pricks.
ian too busy taking pictures of naked white girls to ever release a part two

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 773
« Reply #2074 on: May 03, 2021, 11:37:35 AM »
worse than dad jokes : shitty hack jokes

for example, guy with beer gut says “ya ive been doing a lot of 12 ounce curls”
dont shalom me if you don't know me.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #2075 on: May 03, 2021, 01:23:34 PM »
These fucking snake children spitting everywhere at the skatepark.

What am I gonna do? Harsh out some 12 year olds for having horrendous etiquette?

I mean someone's gotta teach 'em, but it ain't gonna be me, not a good look. No good options here. Goddamn.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

nico_suave

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2076 on: May 03, 2021, 07:16:22 PM »

Those are pretty awful for sure. I hate this one also, for lack of a better example, but when that shitbag would say CONCAST, and then explain its meaning EVERY TIME.

People who instead of saying something simple/short, they pull the old as useless as a football bat or cold like a witch tit. Please can you just leave that shit out and say useless or cold? You could even make a better emphasis with the good old, it's fucking cold or fucking useless, Christ. That person will always have a ton those also, just waiting to be dropped with a disturbing sense of anticipation of bringing them up. The longer you suffer in their presence the more of those you are going to hear. These people also seem to be the type who think they are hilarious, regardless of the painful silence or pretend chuckle, and they will never stop.

Anyone who uses the term, 'slappy vert day' instead of you know...

I feel better now letting that out, thank you.

El Fapinator

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -240
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #2077 on: May 03, 2021, 07:34:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I could understand with social distancing and all, but I'm pretty sure you told me you're in Florida; the place where Covid never existed so thus indeed, those people are pricks.
Look I'm not an idiot, whenever I open a door and someone's behind me I take out a hanky open and place my foot in the opening so the person behind me can either hold it open or slide inside without much contact.

I absolutely don't get rude people, especially walking a few paces behind like could you catch that door? Like a request that's nonintrusive, it's like slamming a door and knowing you didn't have the integrity of looking back like dang I'm an asshole.
Dueces Bitch's

Xen

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #2078 on: May 03, 2021, 07:37:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Look I'm not an idiot, whenever I open a door and someone's behind me I take out a hanky open and place my foot in the opening so the person behind me can either hold it open or slide inside without much contact.

I absolutely don't get rude people, especially walking a few paces behind like could you catch that door? Like a request that's nonintrusive, it's like slamming a door and knowing you didn't have the integrity of looking back like dang I'm an asshole.

Seriously irritating.

What's worse is people who don't show that courtesy to staff of any kind.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 74
« Reply #2079 on: May 03, 2021, 08:14:05 PM »

Dude I work with is full of these stupid ass jokes. For example, I’m working on a roof, he’s below and says “I always wanted someone to look up to”.

El Fapinator

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -240
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #2080 on: May 04, 2021, 12:12:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Seriously irritating.

What's worse is people who don't show that courtesy to staff of any kind.
Use to work in waiting staff and it's absolutely the worse when your station is slammed a group of dickheads are there for hour+ and give a half-assed tip.

I get it if you're a family and struggling but at the same time why would you be eating out when you should be home saving money? The audacity of these people are insulting.
Dueces Bitch's

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2081 on: May 20, 2021, 08:41:21 AM »
stop showing off and put a leash on your dog it’s not that cool

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Rep: 139
« Reply #2082 on: May 20, 2021, 09:22:34 AM »

People bring their dogs to our vet hospital all the time without leashes and then get mad when we tell them they need one to come inside. Like we can just have loose dogs running around while we do surgery and shit.

FROGGY

• Rep: 0
  • +1 if you're horny
« Reply #2083 on: May 23, 2021, 09:05:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Those are pretty awful for sure. I hate this one also, for lack of a better example, but when that shitbag would say CONCAST, and then explain its meaning EVERY TIME.

People who instead of saying something simple/short, they pull the old as useless as a football bat or cold like a witch tit. Please can you just leave that shit out and say useless or cold? You could even make a better emphasis with the good old, it's fucking cold or fucking useless, Christ. That person will always have a ton those also, just waiting to be dropped with a disturbing sense of anticipation of bringing them up. The longer you suffer in their presence the more of those you are going to hear. These people also seem to be the type who think they are hilarious, regardless of the painful silence or pretend chuckle, and they will never stop.

Anyone who uses the term, 'slappy vert day' instead of you know...

I feel better now letting that out, thank you.
you sound madder than a bee in a can of cola brother
"Here to fuck spiders"

beandemon

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2084 on: May 24, 2021, 07:45:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

People bring their dogs to our vet hospital all the time without leashes and then get mad when we tell them they need one to come inside. Like we can just have loose dogs running around while we do surgery and shit.

Oh, fuck yes. It takes a special brand of obliviousness to take your 2-3 dogs mountain biking, too.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2085 on: June 12, 2021, 03:22:21 AM »
When you put effort into making a really nice meal to share and someone slams it with a dirty condiment that doesn't belong anywhere near the meal.

My housemate just squirted heaps of mayo all over a homemade wholemeal pizza with a slow cooked sauce and choice ingredients now i'm very pissed.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #2086 on: June 12, 2021, 01:43:50 PM »
Wait, what? Your roommate puts mayo on pizza? You need to get out of that place, because he is a serial killer.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

3D X-Ray Vision

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2087 on: June 12, 2021, 01:55:52 PM »
People who take too many dramatic pauses in their speech like I've got nothing better to do than wait for them to finish their got damn sentences. Mitch McConnell is the premiere example of the kind of pompous, senile, limp dicked old son of a bitch who says everything like he is Moses coming down from Mt. Sinai with the Ten Commandments.

'The era... of Bipartisanship... is over.'

Just spit it out and stop wasting everybody's damn time like we are hanging on your every word. You're not as important as you think you are, you turtle-looking slow-talkin decrepit fuckface

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2088 on: June 30, 2021, 01:46:10 PM »
just saw a man wearing birkenstox

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2089 on: June 30, 2021, 08:36:38 PM »
When you put effort into making a really nice meal to share and someone slams it with a dirty condiment that doesn't belong anywhere near the meal.

My housemate just squirted heaps of mayo all over a homemade wholemeal pizza with a slow cooked sauce and choice ingredients now i'm very pissed.

This is my wife when I put hot sauce on something she makes.

I don't play when it comes to hot sauce though. If it's going on there, that's because it makes it better.

Mayo on any pizza that's not a BLT pizza is a no-no. Also ranch on pizza is trashy.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #2090 on: July 01, 2021, 01:52:02 AM »

I've always heard they are super comfy and good for your back, but I could never get past the hippy/GD/phish vibe. 

TastyBurrito

• Rep: 110
« Reply #2091 on: July 01, 2021, 10:42:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've always heard they are super comfy and good for your back, but I could never get past the hippy/GD/phish vibe.

I can't stand open-toed shoes. But I've been eyeing the Birkenstock Bostons (closed toe) for the sake of something comfy to wear after cycling, skating, etc.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
  • dog stuff
« Reply #2092 on: July 01, 2021, 11:16:42 AM »
everyone and their dog has those bostons over here (europe) this year
hardflip the legal code bich
Everyone hating couldn't record 1 episode of Viva' La Bam

topfrog10

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2093 on: July 01, 2021, 12:19:51 PM »
people who bring their dog(s) to the skate park/spots. okay yea we get that your dog isn't scared of skateboards, you did a great job training them, can you now take them out of here so i don't have to worry about your great dane snaking my run?

TastyBurrito

• Rep: 110
« Reply #2094 on: July 01, 2021, 12:34:17 PM »
People who litter. Especially at the skatepark. Like there's literally a trashcan 20ft away and you opt to dump your beer cans and fast food wrappers on the ground? Like for fucks sake, let's not trash the park we're fortunate to have.

Hinna

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2095 on: July 01, 2021, 12:44:19 PM »
litterings not cool. i hate seeing people casually throw out butts. they should eat them

boogs

• Rep: 26
« Reply #2096 on: July 02, 2021, 06:23:38 AM »
butts. they should eat them
@dark knight

Hinna

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2097 on: July 03, 2021, 09:12:48 PM »
people that call themselves frontline heros. most cringe shit ever

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #2098 on: July 03, 2021, 11:54:08 PM »
That's a term that the media made up. Only CNAs in "skilled" nursing facilities actually refer to themselves in that manner.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2099 on: July 04, 2021, 12:06:04 AM »
not washing dishes properly. shits gross. basically just anything related to shitty hygiene...
"Skateboarding is like jacking off, it's that good." - Jeremy Klein