Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 286405 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2190 on: March 11, 2022, 06:22:08 AM »
People not understanding what the word humble means. If you say you are humble you're just bragging about not bragging and therefore aren't being humble.

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #2191 on: March 12, 2022, 09:38:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When people have a kid and then tell other people they are selfish/ don't known how selfish they are until they have a kid. Dickhead you're still a selfish prick, in fact you're more selfish now because there's two of you. Society doesn't benefit from your offspring.
I genuinely don't think someone can really be a good person and a good parent at the same time.
[close]
society is contingent upon people havin kids so yeah, it kinda does benefit from that. a lot of us think it's cool to be peter pan and buy a bunch of sneakers instead of raising families but it's not a path to happiness. or continued existence. i'm not in love w/ other people's kids either but if you don't procreate, you're blowing it.
[close]
This is coming up a lot lately but people don't only have to exist at either end of the spectrum. You can not have kids but also not be Peter Pan sneaker guy and you can also have kids and still try and be a generally decent person.
My peeve is specifically about shitty selfish people who then have kids and continue to be shitty selfish people but now believe they aren't because they have a kid.

Parental units who are oblivious/ignore the behavior of their children in public places. I can appreciate it can be energy/time/patience consuming to have children and everyone one deserves a break. But, in this day and age strangers aren't going to risk a misunderstanding that leads to tirade or legal action against them if they try to help your children when your children get into hazardous situations, so don't expect strangers to act as babysitters and don't act shocked/surprised/irate when they don't.

People who believe every space should be "kid-friendly." People neither go to bars/pubs to be subjected to your dirty looks if they use "inappropriate language" which you likely yell at your partner and/or children anyway, nor to have to dodge your seed running around screaming/crying. There are enough "adults" running around, screaming, crying, and acting a fool in such places to begin with.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2192 on: March 13, 2022, 06:20:12 PM »
It grates my nerves to see the word "loose" and "lose" swapped out, example "That dude is a looser."

I'm in no way a grammar or spelling nazi, but I tend to read whatever's in front of me as it's written (in my head) and that always fucks up my reading flow.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #2193 on: March 13, 2022, 10:54:32 PM »
It grates my nerves to see the word "loose" and "lose" swapped out, example "That dude is a looser."

I'm in no way a grammar or spelling nazi, but I tend to read whatever's in front of me as it's written (in my head) and that always fucks up my reading flow.
This one always gets me too. It really isn't that fucking hard to tell the difference between the two either.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #2194 on: March 13, 2022, 11:00:07 PM »
Awesome. This fucktard again.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
« Reply #2195 on: March 13, 2022, 11:02:47 PM »
Awesome. This fucktard again.

Unfortunately.

nico_suave

• Rep: 15
« Reply #2196 on: March 14, 2022, 08:46:04 PM »

I reconnected to a cousin of mine growing up, and I texted him, 'I love you XXXXX', and he texted me back 'I love you to'. It fucks with me, it totally shouldn't, but it does.

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #2197 on: March 15, 2022, 01:46:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I reconnected to a cousin of mine growing up, and I texted him, 'I love you XXXXX', and he texted me back 'I love you to'. It fucks with me, it totally shouldn't, but it does.

Yes, these and the "there/their/they're," or "through/threw/thru," and the great "your/you're/(and sometimes yore)."

Have these issues been exacerbated by predictive text/autocorrect and/or modern "standards" of text message communication/Newspeak?
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #2198 on: March 15, 2022, 08:00:35 AM »
whenever kids post a skate edit of them doing an ollie down a stair set, then its followed up by a kickflip or any trick besides an ollie. why put the ollie in the edit? i find it pretty annoying and i would like my 3 seconds of time back lol
same for ledges, if you have other tricks in the edit, don't put a damn 50-50 in the edit

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #2199 on: March 16, 2022, 06:47:22 PM »
i fucking hate when people act self aware for pity

SharkJohnson

• Rep: -92
  • i am a shark penis
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #2200 on: March 16, 2022, 07:17:11 PM »
i also prefer people to act like totally oblivious fuckheads

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #2201 on: March 17, 2022, 04:30:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i also prefer people to act like totally oblivious fuckheads

😂😂 dawg. i worded my post incorrectly but an example would be like “oh i know i cheated on you i’m a piece of shit. i’m the worst person ever”. stuff like that

nico_suave

« Reply #2202 on: March 17, 2022, 11:32:59 PM »
A buddy of mine is making this hardware company and made an insta page for it, and when he posts himself he talks about himself in third-person/not him.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #2203 on: April 02, 2022, 12:19:37 AM »
Something really bugs me about the word "nutty" and how it's becoming popular and how it's being used. It's like people decided not to say crazy anymore because it's offensive but nutty is basically the exact same thing. Also I feel like about 65% of the time I hear it the person basically means gay. Not as in actually homosexual (altho sorta sometimes yes) but like up until very recently they were still calling things gay but now just say nutty like it's better. Fuck maybe it is better I don't know

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #2204 on: April 02, 2022, 03:02:07 PM »
Will never go back to the liquor store down the street.

"Anything I can help you find today?"

"Oh I'm good just deciding on a beer"

"Whats the vibes"

How can you actually ask someone that

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #2205 on: April 04, 2022, 08:53:24 AM »
I hate when someone claims to be an independent immediately before regurgitating Republican talking points.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2206 on: August 11, 2022, 08:28:22 PM »
i cringe every time i see the homie hug celebration . never been a big hugger so it’s probably mostly me but fuck does it ruin a clip for me
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #2207 on: August 14, 2022, 08:14:11 AM »
New one is bullshitting around the line up instead of skating. Go talk elsewhere. Just because you have not been paying attention the last ten minutes (while bumping your piehole) to the order of things does not mean you can just drop in and go.

Also, dudes who roll up with 2-3 kids and then complain about all the kids at the park that are in the way. Just like the ones they brought are.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2208 on: September 27, 2022, 07:58:37 AM »
drive thrum’s that have to points of entry .. shit makes me so mad

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #2209 on: September 27, 2022, 09:50:52 AM »
blind drunk friends who wake up in the middle of the night and piss on me while i'm sleeping...god that's irritating. it's like, get a life man

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 797
« Reply #2210 on: September 27, 2022, 10:33:38 AM »

blind drunk friends who wake up in the middle of the night and piss on me while i'm sleeping...god that's irritating. it's like, get a life man
Lol

Slow walkers drive me nuts. Cunts that park in the cycle lane also...but at least I can just kick a mirror off to let my anger out.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #2211 on: September 27, 2022, 11:44:51 AM »
People that face inwards in the elevator instead of the door.

People that make a comment other than "what floor?" while in the elevator.

Motherfucker this is not social time. Do not fucking look at me and do not speak to me. I have a six pack of beer, you don't need to say someone's about to have a good night you fuck

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 797
« Reply #2212 on: September 27, 2022, 11:50:28 AM »

Motherfucker this is not social time. Do not fucking look at me and do not speak to me. I have a six pack of beer, you don't need to say someone's about to have a good night you fuck

I agree with all of these. A six pack is a quiet night in you fuck mind your own. Thank fuck my building is only 5 floors and no elevator.

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #2213 on: September 27, 2022, 12:12:14 PM »
boom boxes at the skatepark

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #2214 on: September 28, 2022, 05:47:21 AM »

i know this isn't the sketchy story thread, but i can't help myself--all of the talk about pee (above), elevators, and six packs in this thread inevitably made me think about this time when i was in grad school at the University of Chicago.

it was a Friday early evening, and i had been working in the Regenstein Library all day, and walked north home to the building i lived in, on Kenwood between 52nd and Hyde Park Blvd. i already had to take a piss pretty bad by the time i stopped at the liquor store next to Hyde Park Market (on 53rd) to buy a six pack of some fine IPA, and probably should have just went home first and took a leak, but after long days on campus, there was that irresistible impulse to get home, free the feet, and relax. so, by the time i was walking into my building i was on the verge of pissing myself--dancing, clinching, cussing, etc. it was a pretty old building, and the elevators were slow and i lived on like the 7th or 8th floor (i don't remember which exactly anymore), and i could not hold it anymore, so the elevator door closed and i started going up and i quickly took my six-pack out of the plastic bag and fucking pissed in the bag praying to whatever divine force may have been listening that A) nobody would need to get on the elevator to go up and B) that i'd be done and packed up by the time the elevator door opened to my floor. it was basically a building full of grad students and i could totally have imagined having the cops called on me if the door opened on me peeing into a plastic liquor store bag.

but there is a happy ending--nobody stopped the elevator to get on, i did finish in time before getting to my floor, i did not pass anyone in the hallway on my floor as i walked to my apartment with my six-pack in one hand and a plastic bag full of piss in the other, and those kind people at the liquor store double-bagged my six-pack so i did not spill a drop and just dumped it into the toilet once home. 

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
« Reply #2215 on: September 28, 2022, 06:23:20 AM »
ur depupee weendall now

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2216 on: October 11, 2022, 07:16:48 PM »
couples that sit on the same side of the table while on a date at a restaurant

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2217 on: November 06, 2022, 07:07:43 PM »
(usa here) people that talk in military time

nico_suave

« Reply #2218 on: November 06, 2022, 09:49:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yes, these and the "there/their/they're," or "through/threw/thru," and the great "your/you're/(and sometimes yore)."

Have these issues been exacerbated by predictive text/autocorrect and/or modern "standards" of text message communication/Newspeak?

I think it can't be text/autocorrect because then would be correct, no? I know this dude who posted something on social media and he used you're and your incorrectly in the same post. Like "we had fun at you're house skating and your rad for letting us skate there". Even typing this up autocorrect is pointing out how I used it wrong. He skates 'pro' and I'd love to share his exploits here on Slap because it's amusing as fuck, but I feel mean putting him own blast like that.

Maybe they turn it off because autocorrect 'ain't gong tel me what 2 do'?
Thats even worse. Do some people appear smarter due to autocorrect and fool us into thinking this person at least knows minimum grammar/spelling?

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2219 on: March 01, 2023, 10:59:09 AM »
people that wear brand new chuck taylors and keep ‘em looking fresh .. makes my skin crawl