Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 284942 times)

smellyweeny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #390 on: March 20, 2015, 11:06:31 PM »
My roommate tenderly places toilet paper on top of the roll holder. THE TP GOES ON THE ROLL, NOT "ON" THE ROLL!

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #391 on: March 21, 2015, 06:09:10 PM »
i dont know if this is a pet peeve, or just something that i think is really stupid, but it bothers the hell out of me when people travel to someplace new, then go and out to eat at chain restaurants. i know i shouldnt care if im not there, but to me the idea of being in some place new and eating at some place that you have back home is pretty regular, especially in this day and age where its not very hard to figure out what are the really good restaurants in any given area. the whole point of traveling to some place new is to get away and do something that you cant do at home, right?

smellyweeny

• Rep: 16
« Reply #392 on: March 23, 2015, 10:07:13 PM »
i dont know if this is a pet peeve, or just something that i think is really stupid, but it bothers the hell out of me when people travel to someplace new, then go and out to eat at chain restaurants. i know i shouldnt care if im not there, but to me the idea of being in some place new and eating at some place that you have back home is pretty regular, especially in this day and age where its not very hard to figure out what are the really good restaurants in any given area. the whole point of traveling to some place new is to get away and do something that you cant do at home, right?

Fuck yeah. Seeing tourists walking into a mcdonalds really grinds my gears

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #393 on: March 25, 2015, 06:48:25 PM »
that's true, but maybe some of them are like me. i don't have the greatest stomach so when i'm away from home i just play it safe and eat what i know. mcdonalds isn't a great example.. but i wouldn't want to risk giving up a day of vacation to be sitting on a toilet

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #394 on: March 26, 2015, 07:27:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
that's true, but maybe some of them are like me. i don't have the greatest stomach so when i'm away from home i just play it safe and eat what i know. mcdonalds isn't a great example.. but i wouldn't want to risk giving up a day of vacation to be sitting on a toilet

yeah, i understand people who are picky eaters and thats fine. i was trying to say that going to some place like applebees when youre on vacation is lame. id rather try out the local spots than eat chain food any day, even if its just burgers and fries or pizza or something basic.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #395 on: March 26, 2015, 01:52:27 PM »
My dad's insistence on using Internet Explorer

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #396 on: March 26, 2015, 02:01:21 PM »
My dad's insistence on using Internet Explorer

my parents refusal to spend their own time learning how to use new technology.

shark tits

« Reply #397 on: March 26, 2015, 02:29:21 PM »
my mom doesn't love sosa! :-[

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #398 on: March 26, 2015, 05:39:30 PM »
people who read when they're walking down the street.  you are just begging to be tripped.

people who blast music on their already annoyingly loud motorcycle.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #399 on: March 26, 2015, 05:43:17 PM »
people who drink tea in public

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #400 on: March 28, 2015, 11:15:52 PM »
It irks me whenever I see someone standing with their legs spread too far apart. And if they're crossing their arms, that just makes it worse. It's funny, but it's stupid.

Also when a homeless person asks me for change, and I politely acknowledge them but have to say no, and they get rude and dismissive. I always make it a point to take notice of them and respond to them, even if I don't have money. But when they become indignant it needles me, albeit temporarily.

straight

« Reply #401 on: April 07, 2015, 10:56:09 AM »
Road bicyclists. It pisses me off that by law I have to drive terribly slow behind them until it's safe to pass. I also hate that they sport the whole "we have the same rights as cars" spiel yet they don't abide by these rules. They run stop signs, run stop lights, make unsafe lane changes. They do a lot of unsafe illegal shit and at the same time expect cars to show respect. Fuckers

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #402 on: April 08, 2015, 10:54:47 AM »
when people try to serve a healthy or healthier version of something unhealthy. sometimes its actually pretty good, like for example i think substituting spaghetti squash for noodles is pretty good. black bean burgers are pretty good too, but i think of them as something totally different than a hamburger. id say 9/10 times the healthy version is just terrible though. there are plenty of things that are good for you that taste good too, but if you try to make non fat, low cal cupcakes, or pizza with wheat crust, or put a hotdog on a whole wheat bun, youre just ruining the meal. this probably makes me sound ungrateful but id rather just not eat than eat something that sucks, especially when the real version of it is so much better.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #403 on: April 08, 2015, 06:11:53 PM »
People that brew their own beer that have to remind you how "this one tastes just like VB etc"
Just drink VB if you like it so much.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #404 on: April 08, 2015, 07:10:09 PM »
Working retail has made me realize how much I'm not down for a lot "normal" white people. Like ones who have really bad humor and too much enthusiasm. This feeling is more apparent when I'm working at my local surf/skate shop.

LloydChristmas

« Reply #405 on: April 08, 2015, 07:33:01 PM »
Working retail has made me realize how much I'm not down for a lot "normal" white people. Like ones who have really bad humor and too much enthusiasm. This feeling is more apparent when I'm working at my local surf/skate shop.

in that same vein...

office environment small talk/banter.  office space "case of the mondays" type stuff is rampant at my workplace.  i feel like peter gibbons.

dillanharp

« Reply #406 on: April 08, 2015, 08:23:22 PM »
Going out to eat and the people in the booth in front of you sit together on the same side next to each other and face you.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #407 on: April 08, 2015, 08:46:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

in that same vein...

office environment small talk/banter.  office space "case of the mondays" type stuff is rampant at my workplace.  i feel like peter gibbons.

i once had a bad performance review at an office i worked at, and when they asked me what was wrong i said: "you know the movie office space?  i feel like that.  i just come here and stare at the screen all day and zone out" 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #408 on: April 09, 2015, 06:31:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

in that same vein...

[close]

i once had a bad performance review at an office i worked at, and when they asked me what was wrong i said: "you know the movie office space?  i feel like that.  i just come here and stare at the screen all day and zone out" 

i think im pretty lucky with my office. most people are cool but there are a few people who are like that "case of the mondays" lady. this one lady talks to me like im her 5 year old son and it drives me nuts.

what bugs me more than anything is when my older coworkers dont show me as much respect as everyone else because of my age. ive been at this job for 4 years, full time for 2.5, and some people still treat me like an intern. it was my birthday a few weeks ago and someone asked how old i was going to be. i told her 27 and she acted all shocked and said that she still thinks of me as the baby of the office. i asked what she thought about another one of our coworkers who is two years younger than me and she said that she thinks of him as an equal because she has to trust his work (theyre both editors), but im still looked at as the baby because im just a designer. i was pissed for the rest of the day. not that she thinks that someone younger than me is her equal (i look at everyone here as equals), but the fact that she felt that it was ok to flat out disrespect me to my face.

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #409 on: April 09, 2015, 02:24:10 PM »
The totally progressive, self sustaining, BMW driving urban farmers behind my house now have not one, but two roosters. All I have are literally 3 measly feet from my bedroom window to the waist high chain link fence that separate me from my personal Hell. Fuck me, right? The worthless piles of human skin are somehow managing to pull off the difficult feat of gentrifying a predominately white neighborhood, as my rent has been raised due to soaring property values. Stoked!

Anyways, I called the city and found out that roosters are allowed in my neighborhood, but there are some noise ordinances, blah blah.  For whatever reason, no one else in the neighborhood seems bothered by them. Not even the "I don't dial 911(with picture of shotgun)", Infowars stickers psychos up the street, or the always insanely pissed off gay couple around the corner. I really don't want to be the shitty angry old man who isn't even old. So I'm just dealing with it.

:'( Boo hoo.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #410 on: April 09, 2015, 08:12:31 PM »
The totally progressive, self sustaining, BMW driving urban farmers behind my house now have not one, but two roosters. All I have are literally 3 measly feet from my bedroom window to the waist high chain link fence that separate me from my personal Hell. Fuck me, right? The worthless piles of human skin are somehow managing to pull off the difficult feat of gentrifying a predominately white neighborhood, as my rent has been raised due to soaring property values. Stoked!

Anyways, I called the city and found out that roosters are allowed in my neighborhood, but there are some noise ordinances, blah blah.  For whatever reason, no one else in the neighborhood seems bothered by them. Not even the "I don't dial 911(with picture of shotgun)", Infowars stickers psychos up the street, or the always insanely pissed off gay couple around the corner. I really don't want to be the shitty angry old man who isn't even old. So I'm just dealing with it.

:'( Boo hoo.

fuck that sucks- im a sensitive sleeper so i always sleep with a loud ass fan on to filter out any noise.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #411 on: April 09, 2015, 11:11:28 PM »
tiny slow walking people.
especially with umbrellas.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #412 on: April 10, 2015, 04:15:26 AM »

Low budget sometimes. My skatetrips always involve cooking at the guest house. I once went to switzerland. You couldnt eat at a restaurant for under 40 euros per person, so it was Mc donalds and pizza, as I couldnt cook to the place I was staying.

It seems like my country has the cheapest restaurants and take-away food compared to every country I ve been too.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 04:18:03 AM by Tufty »

Tay

« Reply #413 on: April 10, 2015, 08:01:11 AM »
Breeders. Always showing you their crotch candy, never letting in a word edge wise. Cunt of a coworker told several other mothers I'm selfish for never having children. I love kids, but mothers act like their uterine chum is a grand civil service.   

shark tits

« Reply #414 on: April 10, 2015, 11:41:44 AM »
Breeders. Always showing you their crotch candy, never letting in a word edge wise. Cunt of a coworker told several other mothers I'm selfish for never having children. I love kids, but mothers act like their uterine chum is a grand civil service.   
tell that bitch the only people who think your kids are interesting are pediphiles.

dillanharp

« Reply #415 on: April 10, 2015, 01:05:36 PM »

You can't lump ALL MOTHERS in to the same group as this weird bitch.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #416 on: January 09, 2016, 06:34:07 PM »
-the Facebook "trending" feed is absolute fucking trash

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #417 on: March 08, 2016, 06:47:45 AM »
"should of", "would of", "might of" "could of", etc.

Normally spelling/grammar doesn't piss me off, but goddamn. I see this more and more frequently. You're a real fucking moron if you type this shit out. In what universe does that make sense?

Eric ricks

« Reply #418 on: March 08, 2016, 08:17:05 AM »
My biggest pet peeve is when friends show up unannounced.

I have no idea why but it drives me nuts.

Fuckin call or something first.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #419 on: March 08, 2016, 08:25:35 AM »
When you order a beer at a bar and they open it for you
News stations
IG ads