Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 284998 times)

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #510 on: April 25, 2016, 12:42:33 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't have nor want a phone, I use facebook for free msging, so I end up seeing the masturbatory shrines people build to show parts of "themselves" they believe will impress or endear them to other people, in order to feel a deluded sense of validation based on people poking a touch screen with their finger, like some single digit parody of a round of applause.

[close]
i thought i was the only one without a cell phone. i don't like staying in touch with people 24 hours a day. is it even possible to be in a relationship without a phone now?
yea, as long as your girl has something else to look through in a sate of paranoid hysteria while you take a shower

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #511 on: April 25, 2016, 12:55:35 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't have nor want a phone, I use facebook for free msging, so I end up seeing the masturbatory shrines people build to show parts of "themselves" they believe will impress or endear them to other people, in order to feel a deluded sense of validation based on people poking a touch screen with their finger, like some single digit parody of a round of applause.

[close]
i thought i was the only one without a cell phone. i don't like staying in touch with people 24 hours a day. is it even possible to be in a relationship without a phone now?

Thought I was the only one without Facebook. I bought my first smart-ass phone a year and a half ago. Never understood the hype, it's a phone with a browser, big fucking deal.

As you probably have guessed, nobody calls me...

shit_for_brains

« Reply #512 on: April 25, 2016, 03:29:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Thought I was the only one without Facebook. I bought my first smart-ass phone a year and a half ago. Never understood the hype, it's a phone with a browser, big fucking deal.

As you probably have guessed, nobody calls me...

People who have jobs and participate in society have to have phones.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #513 on: April 25, 2016, 04:18:01 PM »
That is quite literally what they want you to think, but its actually not true(save jobs where checking your email constantly is paramount etc.). Cell phones have just marketed in a way that links them to peoples subconscious desires. This fosters completely false aspects of ones self-image, making people feel that by using and purchasing certain products, they posses the attributes which the marketing has linked to the product. "Lifestyle Marketing" and all that shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifestyle_brand#Consumer_Brand_Psychology

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #514 on: April 25, 2016, 04:32:22 PM »
-People who feel they're somehow more important or wanted if they're sponsored

-People who only talk about being sponsered

-Drivers who merge onto the highway slowly, putting me in danger as well

-Scooter kids adapting obvious skateboard tricks, and claiming them as their own (fastplants... etc)

-Skateboarders who do too many slappies/plants/complys/wallies

-People who have to mention what they did at what spot

-Bar patrons who try to claim a pool table all fucking night even when they're not playing

-Children yelling "move!" across the entire skatepark so they can do a 2 foot flyout

shit_for_brains

« Reply #515 on: April 25, 2016, 05:21:48 PM »
That is quite literally what they want you to think, but its actually not true(save jobs where checking your email constantly is paramount etc.). Cell phones have just marketed in a way that links them to peoples subconscious desires. This fosters completely false aspects of ones self-image, making people feel that by using and purchasing certain products, they posses the attributes which the marketing has linked to the product. "Lifestyle Marketing" and all that shit.

I definitely don't have a 5 year old pile of broken glass because I feel the need to keep up with trends.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #516 on: April 25, 2016, 06:03:47 PM »
I only have a phone so I can flip it around 360 flipwise in my hand and impress people

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #517 on: April 25, 2016, 10:59:42 PM »
When people in front of me at a convenient store are doing their lottery shit......it's so painful.....

Jesus PSO....life is a marathon.....so you think you can beat the phone?  Just skip it eh?  You hang out with that 58 year old guy I work with.... 'I don't DO the Internet......'

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #518 on: April 26, 2016, 07:06:12 AM »

Like what? The ability to communicate with people like its not the 1980s? Sure, you could make the argument for smartphones, but they're much more than just cell phones. Just get a flip phone with call and text and enter the 21st century.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #519 on: April 26, 2016, 07:43:53 AM »
Well all that being said i'll probably end up getting a new one when I move in a cpl months...
But after having cell phones in various work and school situations for a long time, then not having one for a quite a while I realized how little I actually NEED it, vs. just thinking I need it and I think that applies to a lot of people, to varying degrees of course

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #520 on: April 27, 2016, 01:54:54 AM »
Instagram slo-mo

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #521 on: April 27, 2016, 06:40:44 AM »
Well all that being said i'll probably end up getting a new one when I move in a cpl months...
But after having cell phones in various work and school situations for a long time, then not having one for a quite a while I realized how little I actually NEED it, vs. just thinking I need it and I think that applies to a lot of people, to varying degrees of course

people don't actually NEED social media but it feeds an innate human desire. it's the most recent incarnation of letters and photos. those were tolerable because they were rare. then came slide shows and cheap video cameras. it used to be considered hell to go to someone's house and be forced to watch their shitty slide shows or homemade video tapes. but those were pretty rare occasions as well.

now we're CONSTANTLY subjecting each other to this crap because we desperately want to be seen and loved.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #522 on: June 07, 2016, 06:41:13 AM »
people who put "vegan" in their social media descriptors, facebook you can literally make it like an event like "**** turned vegan" like how shit says "**** is now in a relationship" bludclart

edit: especially bad in insta descriptors, where it's its usually sandwiched between "photographer" and "nerd" or some bullshit about star wars 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 06:49:35 AM by perverted super otaku! »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #523 on: June 09, 2016, 08:01:41 PM »
people who put "vegan" in their social media descriptors, facebook you can literally make it like an event like "**** turned vegan" like how shit says "**** is now in a relationship" bludclart

edit: especially bad in insta descriptors, where it's its usually sandwiched between "photographer" and "nerd" or some bullshit about star wars 

gotta jump on that circle bandwagon brah :D

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

glutton.

« Reply #524 on: July 03, 2016, 03:01:43 PM »
"lit"
"fam"
"squad"
"fleek"

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #525 on: July 03, 2016, 03:09:10 PM »
People who lose the plastic tie for a bread bag and tie that shit with a impenetrable knot.

swag nollies

« Reply #526 on: July 03, 2016, 03:13:49 PM »
People who lose the plastic tie for a bread bag and tie that shit with a impenetrable knot.

(from urban dictionary)

nigger knot

A knot tied in a sandwich bag to hold marijuana, cocaine, or other small amounts of drugs. The person tying the knot places the drug in one of the bottom corners in the bag, rolls the rest of the bag into a thin line, and proceeds to tied a single knot into said bag. Known for its added security over a typical rolled and licked bag. The negative aspect of the nigger not is the difficulty to untie the bag. The nigger knot is stereotypically considered the preferred knot of African Americans, although the word 'nigger' does NOT imply racism, hatred, or inferiority. Some may consider the term offensive, so the speaker must therefore say it with caution.

Noun form: Big Ed and Ron always be sellin me shit with nigger knots in the bags.

Verb form: Man, why'd you nigger knot my dime like that?

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #527 on: July 03, 2016, 06:45:17 PM »
who the heck are you living with man? a knot? let that thing spin and place the twist under the bread. twist ties are annoying

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #528 on: July 03, 2016, 06:53:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
who the heck are you living with man? a knot? let that thing spin and place the twist under the bread. twist ties are annoying
I end up having to rip open the bag out frustration the twist ties are a pain but the bread I usually get has the plastic clips that just slide off

Still a pain but definitely better than the alternative.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #529 on: July 03, 2016, 06:57:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I end up having to rip open the bag out frustration the twist ties are a pain but the bread I usually get has the plastic clips that just slide off

God damn it my wife does the knot. She can't put a lid on anything fully (another pet peeve) but she makes the bread a fucking iron fortress of frustration.
you never know about pre-cum 

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #530 on: July 03, 2016, 06:59:51 PM »
It's called a "bread tab" and I prefer the tuck under. The tab doesn't get thrown away on purpose but it's a nuisance, you always find it on the floor or near the fruit.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #531 on: July 03, 2016, 07:35:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
God damn it my wife does the knot. She can't put a lid on anything fully (another pet peeve) but she makes the bread a fucking iron fortress of frustration.
Dont get me started on lids. One time i made some toast with some jam and i was half way done with my first piece and realized the jam was full of dead fruit flies, fucking paranoid to this day I'll consume another jelly and gnat sandwich  :-[

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #532 on: July 03, 2016, 10:37:55 PM »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #533 on: July 04, 2016, 09:30:01 AM »
Unproductive people.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #534 on: July 04, 2016, 10:43:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Hah, pain is French for bread. If this joke was intentional, my hat of to you, buddy!

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #535 on: July 04, 2016, 10:46:34 AM »
Unproductive people.
i'm paranoid and tourette and not so productive, fuck you bro

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #536 on: July 04, 2016, 11:56:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Hah, pain is French for bread. If this joke was intentional, my hat of to you, buddy!
haha definitely not, I'm not that clever

straight

« Reply #537 on: July 23, 2016, 09:27:01 PM »
Convenience stores that don't keep their refrigerators ice cold.

glutton.

« Reply #538 on: August 09, 2016, 07:00:19 AM »
I fucking hate when people draw attention to themselves whether it's a drunk woman or a friend. This past weekend pissed me off, when my roommate kept talking about drugs loudly on my front porch; it made me realize why I prefer living alone. Then, I dipped out of a bar when my friends started to get loud. It went from a normal conversation about music to them raising their voices, as soon as they started talking about coke/jail. People think I'm extremely paranoid but I'm just not about bragging...especially illegal shit. If I get even a misdemeanor, I will never be able to get another decent job. I don't take any chances and just prefer to keep a low profile. It sucks seeing that the majority of people I know haven't changed much in the past ten years.

It also pisses me the fuck off when people leave doors open. My dog sometimes goes outside without me knowing, which isn't cool. I don't want insects in my house. More importantly, I don't want my dog wandering in the street. After this year, I will never live with anyone else unless I'm getting married or something of that caliber. I rather pay $2000-3000 on a 1BR or studio, than deal with stupid bullshit on a regular basis.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #539 on: August 09, 2016, 08:07:39 AM »
anyone over the age of 5 that still says liberry instead of library.