Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 285049 times)

shark tits

Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #660 on: October 25, 2016, 12:58:11 PM »
I'm team curmudgeon too. My down stairs neighbor gets a nod if that. People tEllington me to do a trick or 'you got it' or whatever get a look. Got it now to where nobody talks to me & that's ok

shit_for_brains

« Reply #661 on: October 25, 2016, 01:08:49 PM »
I talk to everyone out skating though, I should add. Them my people.

shark tits

« Reply #662 on: October 25, 2016, 01:12:46 PM »
I have good n bad days w/ that. Little Salvador bastard who seeks my approval like I'm his dad? Do my best to ignore him. Someone my own age or even 10 yrs younger (30) I might talk. I'd always say hi back to a skater though

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #663 on: October 25, 2016, 02:42:55 PM »
Feel you guys on the small talk, I realized a while ago that basically one of the most important things you have in life is time and if you add up all the extra 45 secs you took to let some wanker finish whatever pointless thing he's saying and going about your business, needless to say if you let people ramble on you shit adds up, I guess kind of another thing when you are stuck somewhere with someone, still sucks though, I like the boldness of hates "goddamnit!"

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #664 on: October 25, 2016, 03:36:16 PM »
that's one thing i love about nyc. not that much bullshit small talk. when i leave the area i find myself wanting to strangle most everyone.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #665 on: October 25, 2016, 05:01:07 PM »
This is one that is only getting to be more of a pet peeve as I get older:  I fucking hate small talk with people I don't know or barely ever see.  I've never liked it but I used to be more tolerant because I didn't want to come off as an asshole to people who generally just mean well and are being polite.  However, a couple weeks ago I was at the dentist, which is already a place that I hate and gives me anxiety and this dude just started talking to me while I was filling out the insurance forms.  "Hey, fall is in the air, right?" -no response.  "Does this mean a late or early winter?" -"I, uh, don't know."  Then I press the volume button on my phone to make it vibrate and act like I had a text to respond to. "Oh, you've got an Android?  I bet a lot of people are switching over from Apple because the new..."  "Goddamn it." and I got up and moved.  The dude looked totally dejected and like I just kicked his dog, but I couldn't do it anymore.  Just because we're in the same fucking office doesn't mean we have to shoot the shit.  I barely even take calls from my wife in the afternoon just because I know it's her telling me she's leaving work and it's going to turn into her telling me about her day during her drive home only for her to tell me the same story over dinner.
just put in earphones before you go to the dentist. no one will talk to you, and you can pretend not to hear them if they try....there were even a couple times i didn't have an mp3 player, but tucked the wire in to my shirt so i can keep skating, and not have to stop and listen to someone who gets on my nerves. one time i pretended i was deaf and faked some sign language so these little skatepark groupies wouldn't bother me.... they instantly bought it. it was so hard to not start laughing

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #666 on: October 26, 2016, 09:56:47 AM »
this one dude that comes to my office at work when he needs something will raise his arms and, like, hang from the top of the doorway like he is some damn monkey. Put your damn arms down and tell me what you need and go the fuck away.

Lasernaut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #667 on: October 26, 2016, 10:46:53 AM »
When people leave voice mails.
When you talk to people and they drone on and on, saying the same shit for 15 minutes straight. Conciseness, please. (N/A when you're talking to a friend who just went through a break-up or something equally emotionally distressing.)
Food in the sink.
"Would of"
Parents fiddling with their phones while their kid is just sitting there. Does your kid suck that much?

shark tits

« Reply #668 on: October 26, 2016, 11:01:04 AM »
When people state the obvious 'oh you skating?' When you're on board. 90% of words don't need to be said.
If I have nothing to say my lips are sealed. Say something once why say it again?
Psycho killer kiss kissay

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #669 on: October 26, 2016, 12:02:37 PM »
When people state the obvious 'oh you skating?' When you're on board. 90% of words don't need to be said.
If I have nothing to say my lips are sealed. Say something once why say it again?
Psycho killer kiss kissay
Qu'est-ce que c'est...I hate nit picky people...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #670 on: October 27, 2016, 01:53:29 AM »
This is one that is only getting to be more of a pet peeve as I get older:  I fucking hate small talk with people I don't know or barely ever see.  I've never liked it but I used to be more tolerant because I didn't want to come off as an asshole to people who generally just mean well and are being polite.  However, a couple weeks ago I was at the dentist, which is already a place that I hate and gives me anxiety and this dude just started talking to me while I was filling out the insurance forms.  "Hey, fall is in the air, right?" -no response.  "Does this mean a late or early winter?" -"I, uh, don't know."  Then I press the volume button on my phone to make it vibrate and act like I had a text to respond to. "Oh, you've got an Android?  I bet a lot of people are switching over from Apple because the new..."  "Goddamn it." and I got up and moved.  The dude looked totally dejected and like I just kicked his dog, but I couldn't do it anymore.  Just because we're in the same fucking office doesn't mean we have to shoot the shit.  I barely even take calls from my wife in the afternoon just because I know it's her telling me she's leaving work and it's going to turn into her telling me about her day during her drive home only for her to tell me the same story over dinner.
http://youtu.be/hb0ef6NhY74

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #671 on: November 11, 2016, 10:49:23 AM »
I work in an office and my desk was recently moved. I now face this dweeby goddamn guy with a stupid Bam goatee and these spindly gangly arms. He's always standing up and bouncing around talking loudly to the people around him, who are very clearly not into him. He's just such a goddamn peckerhead, it drives me crazy. He's the kind of person who thinks if he says whatever he just said louder, that it becomes funny.

I guess my pet peeve is people like that guy.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #672 on: November 14, 2016, 11:52:58 AM »
I work in an office and my desk was recently moved. I now face this dweeby goddamn guy with a stupid Bam goatee and these spindly gangly arms. He's always standing up and bouncing around talking loudly to the people around him, who are very clearly not into him. He's just such a goddamn peckerhead, it drives me crazy. He's the kind of person who thinks if he says whatever he just said louder, that it becomes funny.

I guess my pet peeve is people like that guy.
peckerheads

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #673 on: November 19, 2016, 11:47:28 AM »
empty toothpaste tube and making it last for two weeks cuz you keep forgetting you need to buy toothpaste
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #674 on: November 21, 2016, 06:07:32 PM »
Those touch screen soda fountains that let you pick 10 different flavors of sprite.

you never know about pre-cum 

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #675 on: November 22, 2016, 06:28:29 AM »
when people open a container that has a plastic sheet over it (sour cream, chip dip, ect.) and dont fully remove the plastic.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #676 on: November 22, 2016, 06:30:57 AM »
when people open a container that has a plastic sheet over it (sour cream, chip dip, ect.) and dont fully remove the plastic.

My wife does that and insists that keeps juuuuuuuuuuust a little bit of freshness in. That kind of thinking is one of the reasons I hit her (I don't hit her (I shake her))

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #677 on: November 22, 2016, 06:47:12 AM »
Those touch screen soda fountains that let you pick 10 different flavors of sprite.

Orange Coke rules though.

WantSomeSlaw

• Rep: -26
  • bohica
« Reply #678 on: November 22, 2016, 06:59:30 AM »
I getchu on the small talk. Even when I run into people who I know, but am only gonna see for a few more minutes (line at a concert, in a store, etc) I just keep the talk super minimal. Maybe a "sup" and a smile. Sometimes I just try to make them not see me, so there's no obligation for a greeting.
And it's probably cause I'm still a kid, but I've never had a small talk experience like you did HATE. Someone just coming up to you speaking about something random like that? Das weird.
Shit could be worse

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #679 on: November 22, 2016, 07:59:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My wife does that and insists that keeps juuuuuuuuuuust a little bit of freshness in. That kind of thinking is one of the reasons I hit her (I don't hit her (I shake her))

the freshness thing is bullshit. im convinced that the people who do it are just too fucking lazy to walk to the trash can and throw the plastic away.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #680 on: November 24, 2016, 12:48:21 AM »
I've never liked seeing the words "ya" or "yah" used instead of "yeah."

Jordick

« Reply #681 on: November 25, 2016, 05:42:27 PM »

right, as if someone has ever wanted strawberry mello yello.

also, when people use this emoticon:  ::) basically just means they enjoy being a cunt.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #682 on: November 27, 2016, 05:57:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

the freshness thing is bullshit. im convinced that the people who do it are just too fucking lazy to walk to the trash can and throw the plastic away.
hahaha oh man this one gives me the gears too, especially when the cover gets smeared with the food contained within, and yes I also agree 100% laziness as the motivation

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #683 on: November 27, 2016, 07:43:25 AM »
People who use the self check out line at the grocery store when they have a ton of shit.  That line is for get in- get out with the quickness. 

Rick Sanchez

« Reply #684 on: November 27, 2016, 11:04:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Orange Coke rules though.

cherry sprite is next level

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #685 on: November 27, 2016, 03:34:44 PM »
I wish I wasn't this prejudiced, but if you have a dumb voice, or a minor speech impediment, chances are that I won't like you at all. It's one thing to accomodate someone who stutters or who has a lisp, but if your voice is particularly silly, chances are that I won't like you, period. This is particularly bad because I have the worst accent ever, a mishmash of two, and since my voice is quite deep, I end up having to talk with a higher pitch for people not to think I'm trying to stunt on them. So this sucks.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #686 on: November 28, 2016, 06:58:33 AM »

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #687 on: December 06, 2016, 08:18:36 PM »
when you accidentally switch up your front and back trucks
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #688 on: December 07, 2016, 02:49:14 PM »
when you accidentally switch up your front and back trucks

:D that's why i mark "ft" and a "bt" in sharpie underneath the base plates
even the steven

tobey

• SLAP Pal