Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 285146 times)

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #840 on: July 01, 2017, 06:03:15 AM »
Extroverts especially when they force me to talk. Like, fuck you. Mind your business.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W34wyKZlWQ

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #841 on: July 07, 2017, 11:46:37 AM »
When people want to have full blown conversations in-between goes on a session.
Small talk is understandable but I've had to warm up again on several occasions.

Had to deal with this last night skating a park, dam it's the worst. I don't wanna be mean, but like I came here to skate dude.

My pet peeve recently is when people cannot give you a definitive answer. That is extremely annoying when skating and at work.

Work: My bosses came to me to create a print ads for the local paper. I worked on it, finished them, and brought it to them for approval. However, I guess they don't have enough time to look at it and give it the green light. I understand they are busy, but the newspaper rep is contacting me asking if we are still doing this, and that the material will be due at end of day. I told them this and they basically dismissed it giving me neither approval or denial. Like fuck... just tell me if you want to run this or not! I'm gonna be pissed if they procrastinate any further, like, why the fuck did you even have me make these ads then? Yes ... or No?

Skating:
Do you wanna skate today? "Idk"   ...   Do you wanna skate here? "Maybe"   ...   

sorry for the rant, but I have noticed it alot this past week, and it's very frustrating. I hate waiting on other people.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #842 on: July 07, 2017, 12:01:48 PM »
Someone at work has left dirty dishes behind the sink for almost two weeks now and its driving me fucking crazy. Nobody got fired and nobody has been on vacation for that long, so I know this asshole sees this shit and still does nothing about it. I don't know exactly who it is that made the mess, so my only options are to make a stupid passive aggressive sign that says "Please clean up after yourself" and put it in the kitchen in hopes that someone sees it and cleans it up, or clean it myself and post a picture of the clean sink in our slack channel with a shitty "you're welcome" caption or something like that. I'm not just going to clean it up and not say something though, because whoever it is needs to know that leaving a mess for that long is bullshit. I cleaned the microwave once after someone cooked a volcano in it and that was the last time I ever clean up after anyone else at work.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #843 on: July 07, 2017, 01:00:37 PM »
Someone at work has left dirty dishes behind the sink for almost two weeks now and its driving me fucking crazy. Nobody got fired and nobody has been on vacation for that long, so I know this asshole sees this shit and still does nothing about it. I don't know exactly who it is that made the mess, so my only options are to make a stupid passive aggressive sign that says "Please clean up after yourself" and put it in the kitchen in hopes that someone sees it and cleans it up, or clean it myself and post a picture of the clean sink in our slack channel with a shitty "you're welcome" caption or something like that. I'm not just going to clean it up and not say something though, because whoever it is needs to know that leaving a mess for that long is bullshit. I cleaned the microwave once after someone cooked a volcano in it and that was the last time I ever clean up after anyone else at work.

i guarantee shit for brains wouldn't touch those dirty dishes..ill wait for him to give you his advice though, this should be good
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #844 on: July 07, 2017, 01:29:04 PM »
Fuck no I wouldn't. If the person who dirtied them isn't going to clean them, then the office chump is. When people I work with do that shit and then send out passive aggressive emails/slack notifications that just lets everybody know that this sucker will put up with anything. That's not your kitchen and it's not your problem. You won't be a hero for washing them you'll be cleaning up after some anonymous asshole for no reason.

backflip

« Reply #845 on: July 07, 2017, 02:03:13 PM »
I used to wash dishes at a 3 vendor mini-mart. The arab fucks would 100% purposely bring dishes after I was done and cleaned the sinks, like a joke or some shit. I told them not do that. The next day they still did it so I threw them in the trash. The next day I just let the sink fill up while I drank expensive beers I jacked from their section out in my car, then quit at the end of the day and stole more beer from them. 

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #846 on: July 07, 2017, 05:29:05 PM »
being jerked around at work. the manager hired some new people and i went from expo to dish washer/expo. they change my schedule all the fucking time.

also when the person you were in a relationship with cant communicate until its too late, really irritating. this last one fucking gutted me..

working a normal job that doesn't involve anything i truly enjoy.
even the steven

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #847 on: July 07, 2017, 09:44:53 PM »
Those dishes have been abandoned, through them all in the garbage.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #848 on: July 07, 2017, 11:28:32 PM »
I used to wash dishes at a 3 vendor mini-mart. The arab fucks would 100% purposely bring dishes after I was done and cleaned the sinks, like a joke or some shit. I told them not do that. The next day they still did it so I threw them in the trash. The next day I just let the sink fill up while I drank expensive beers I jacked from their section out in my car, then quit at the end of the day and stole more beer from them. 

Yeah, didn't really need the "arab" in there.

Anyway, whiny actors are a new pet peeve of mine. "My name should've gone FIRST!" Why don't you drink less, bitch. And I'm talking about a man. I'm directing a play, that's why I'm saying this.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #849 on: July 09, 2017, 01:03:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Small talk is understandable but I've had to warm up again on several occasions.

[close]

Had to deal with this last night skating a park, dam it's the worst. I don't wanna be mean, but like I came here to skate dude.

My pet peeve recently is when people cannot give you a definitive answer. That is extremely annoying when skating and at work.

Work: My bosses came to me to create a print ads for the local paper. I worked on it, finished them, and brought it to them for approval. However, I guess they don't have enough time to look at it and give it the green light. I understand they are busy, but the newspaper rep is contacting me asking if we are still doing this, and that the material will be due at end of day. I told them this and they basically dismissed it giving me neither approval or denial. Like fuck... just tell me if you want to run this or not! I'm gonna be pissed if they procrastinate any further, like, why the fuck did you even have me make these ads then? Yes ... or No?

Skating:
Do you wanna skate today? "Idk"   ...   Do you wanna skate here? "Maybe"   ...   

sorry for the rant, but I have noticed it alot this past week, and it's very frustrating. I hate waiting on other people.

RealTalk!

this shit enfuriates me, fully grown people that cant make a fucking decision.. then act like a bitch when you decide for them. this applies to my work life skate life and at least 2/5 of my band.. someones getting stabbed soon haha

Pigeon

« Reply #850 on: July 14, 2017, 11:45:07 AM »
People who walk in groups that block the sidewalk, and don't move for people, fucking suck. Parents with kids are understandable but two couples or four guys/women piss me off. Some people act as if I ruined their night, by saying, "Excuse me," when I'm just trying to walk to work on time. People shouldn't be having deep conversations on sidewalks, in the first place, if they want privacy and don't want to be interrupted.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #851 on: July 15, 2017, 06:59:49 AM »
People who walk in groups that block the sidewalk, and don't move for people, fucking suck. Parents with kids are understandable but two couples or four guys/women piss me off. Some people act as if I ruined their night, by saying, "Excuse me," when I'm just trying to walk to work on time. People shouldn't be having deep conversations on sidewalks, in the first place, if they want privacy and don't want to be interrupted.
This gets me too. Basic pedestrian theory escapes most people. The ones that step out of doorways without looking or the one that stop dead without checking over their shoulder too.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #852 on: July 15, 2017, 11:05:12 PM »
Those dudes who drive lifted trucks and purposefully blow soot out of their tail pipes.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #853 on: July 16, 2017, 05:26:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This gets me too. Basic pedestrian theory escapes most people. The ones that step out of doorways without looking or the one that stop dead without checking over their shoulder too.
I think the spatial awareness you get from skating increases your sidewalking skills up to 700%, but most people are just on some basic shit

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #854 on: July 16, 2017, 09:49:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Let me build on this. Almost everyday, as I leave the elevator at my apartment, the person waiting to get on doesn't look to see if anyone is trying to get off and nearly runs into me. I thought it was common knowledge to let people get off before you get on.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #855 on: July 16, 2017, 10:09:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Let me build on this. Almost everyday, as I leave the elevator at my apartment, the person waiting to get on doesn't look to see if anyone is trying to get off and nearly runs into me. I thought it was common knowledge to let people get off before you get on.
Riding the tube in London you can always tell the Londoners or other people that grew up in bigger cities with mass transit systems as they are the ones that stand to the side of the doors to let people of before trying to board.

PSO, I think you are 100 percent correct with your special awareness observation. My mum is an academic who has done research into this type of thing.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #856 on: July 17, 2017, 07:50:45 PM »
people who intentionally litter
smokers for the most part

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #857 on: July 19, 2017, 02:33:52 PM »
Expand Quote
you have to pick your battles and know who youre trying to "explain" things to. a lot of people out there are thick skulled and have their feet buried so far into their own beliefs that there is nothing you can do to even make them consider your side of things. i know that letting people get away with their bullshit all the time isnt fair, but arguing with those people is like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic. save yourself the frustration and try to pick better company.

and fights over misunderstandings are guaranteed in any relationship. i think the key to making it work has to do with how easily you can forgive the other person for their faults. if you cant forgive them, or if theyre crossing the line too frequently, then you shouldnt be with that person.
[close]
This is the key. You're all mad if you think logic, reasoning or being "right" is gonna get you anywhere. Pick your battles, most of them are not worth fighting because you can't win no matter what. I'm just happy my wife puts up with me so in exchange I put up with her even when she's "wrong".

can someone define the difference between a debate and a discussion? like if you calmly disagree with someone, they can throw the argument card, and nobody wants an argument ever. but everyone respects debates with the right tone/context so long as they're constructive. i just want to be able to have a conversation with someone that doesn't automatically get interpreted as an argument.

suppose smoking rock and sodomizing a prost at the hourly hotel once a month while mumbling dennis hopper esque lines from blue velvet is where i'm heading

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #858 on: July 19, 2017, 04:19:45 PM »

this big time..im sure there are a ton of slap posters on here that smoke..please explain why you think it's ok to litter your butts wherever the fuck you want..why is it so hard to throw it in the trash
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 04:22:07 PM by straight »

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #859 on: July 19, 2017, 04:24:19 PM »
skate related: mongo hand .. don't get that one at all

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #860 on: July 19, 2017, 04:43:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this big time..im sure there are a ton of slap posters on here that smoke..please explain why you think it's ok to litter your butts wherever the fuck you want..why is it so hard to throw it in the trash

I smoke and I hate smokers who do that. I even have an old water bottle in my car so when I smoke while driving I put the butt in there. Some girl that I used to bang knew I did this and whenever she was in my car and we were smoking she just threw the fucking butt out the window anyway. Thank god she broke my heart for the third time or that would have been the last straw!!!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 04:45:38 PM by tobey »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #861 on: July 19, 2017, 04:45:23 PM »
Kinda on the same note as straight's post.

This is one I've both been guilty of in my younger days and have been more aware and cautious of as I got older:

Leaving your shit scattered everywhere when leaving a self-made basketball/tennis court spot.

Recently skated a school court with a bunch of younger dudes but had to leave early. Later on that night I asked one of the younger guys that was at the session if they left all the shit everywhere and he smirked and replied with a 'yeah, who cares' and I immediately felt shitty. I'm talking benches flipped over and fuckin' tires from the football field next door. Someone has to pick this shit up and it only makes the spot a definite bust in the future.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #862 on: July 19, 2017, 07:53:33 PM »
^ I was on vacation with my parents a while back and the only thing I wanted to do was skate this one park in the town we were staying at while my parents went and did boring shit. They dropped me off and the city had closed the park for the day because the locals had a party there the night before and trashed the place. Cups and beer cans were everywhere, there were a bunch of broken plastic chairs all over the place. It looked like they lit some shit on fire too. I was super bummed. Bombed a hill instead and ate major shit.

can someone define the difference between a debate and a discussion? like if you calmly disagree with someone, they can throw the argument card, and nobody wants an argument ever. but everyone respects debates with the right tone/context so long as they're constructive. i just want to be able to have a conversation with someone that doesn't automatically get interpreted as an argument.

suppose smoking rock and sodomizing a prost at the hourly hotel once a month while mumbling dennis hopper esque lines from blue velvet is where i'm heading

this is what i mean about picking your battles. i feel like i can pick up pretty quickly whether or not someone is willing to listen to a different opinion than their own. theres no point in debating, discussing or arguing with the people who wont because you're not going to get anywhere. let them bask in their cognitive dissonance and move on. its not worth it.

i think people need to drop their pride a little bit and be ok with being wrong once in a while. nobody is right about every one of their views and opinions. only when you realize and admit that you might be wrong about some things you can listen to what other people have to say and that allows you to grow as a person. i feel like a lot of people would rather start turn a conversation into a heated argument than admit that theyre wrong though.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #863 on: July 19, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Had to deal with this last night skating a park, dam it's the worst. I don't wanna be mean, but like I came here to skate.

Dude for sure, I got one friend who does this and it's like he just likes to repeat the same story/ complaint just to have something to talk about. They don't listen to my advice and I sit there saying the same shit for no reason, I learned to just skate away. I feel like a dick doing it but I'd rather that than listening to a broken record over and over...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 04:55:18 AM by UselessAsshole »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #864 on: July 19, 2017, 11:27:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'm sure there are too but fuck 'em, I'm all about reducing the rights of smokers* as much as possible. People who smoke around children are the fucking worst too, no fucking awareness whatsoever :-\

*smokers who actually smoke in designated areas/ use portable ashtrays/ are aware of how much their smoke stinks are the exception of course

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shit_for_brains

« Reply #865 on: July 20, 2017, 05:55:34 AM »
The parks near me have trash clean up done by people sentenced to community service. I used to clean things up when I got there early but after overhearing the idiot CS people talk about the illuminati I've been thinking about bringing my trash from home and leaving it there.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #866 on: July 20, 2017, 09:25:35 AM »
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #867 on: July 21, 2017, 02:16:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I'm sure there are too but fuck 'em, I'm all about reducing the rights of smokers* as much as possible. People who smoke around children are the fucking worst too, no fucking awareness whatsoever :-\

*smokers who actually smoke in designated areas/ use portable ashtrays/ are aware of how much their smoke stinks are the exception of course

I am a smoker but i am very cautious of smoking around people who dont smoke, i dont smoke around kids or in peoples cars or houses. I dont even smoke before getting on a bus cause even i know i hate when someone gets on a bus stinking of smoke. Im also pretty good with putting it properly and throwing it in the trash, fucking irritates me when im walking behind someone whos constantly blowing smoke in my face or throws it on the ground when they are a couple of feet away from a trashcan

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #868 on: July 22, 2017, 12:51:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I am a smoker but i am very cautious of smoking around people who dont smoke, i dont smoke around kids or in peoples cars or houses. I dont even smoke before getting on a bus cause even i know i hate when someone gets on a bus stinking of smoke. Im also pretty good with putting it properly and throwing it in the trash, fucking irritates me when im walking behind someone whos constantly blowing smoke in my face or throws it on the ground when they are a couple of feet away from a trashcan
Are you sure dude, because everything else you go on to type would indicate otherwise.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #869 on: July 22, 2017, 10:51:36 AM »
Maybe im not a smoker but nah i think im just aware of how gross it is for other people and i think way to much

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up