Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 285496 times)

Mystical Leader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -132
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1200 on: December 04, 2018, 02:35:32 AM »
Indecisive people at work environment.. Fucking hate that I have to do the same thing million times because somebody doesn't know what they want... I have other more important things to do than tinker on where this line goes for the millionth time... Doing illustrations can be a bitch..

Also I have to say that in my civil life I'm the worst at this.. .. Going to the grocery store can easily take an hour if I don't have anything planned beforehand...

I guess the things that annoy you the most are stuff you don't like about yourself..

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #1201 on: December 04, 2018, 05:57:48 PM »
I guess the things that annoy you the most are stuff you don't like about yourself..

Painfully true.

The_Rock_Obama

• Rep: -40
« Reply #1202 on: December 04, 2018, 06:01:29 PM »
When a fat guy asks to use my board and I have to explain that the weight difference will mess up my bushings.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1203 on: December 04, 2018, 07:02:03 PM »
^how often does that happen to you that it’s become a pet peeve? do you skate the ledge outside of a weight loss clinic or something?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #1204 on: December 05, 2018, 08:35:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Painfully true.

If you're an adult, you should know when you're projecting shit. At least, most of the time.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1205 on: December 06, 2018, 07:32:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck people who waste your time. “I’m on the way — I’ll be there soon,” should not be more than 5-10 minutes. Over an hour just makes me not want to ever interact with that person.
[close]
THIS...............I Abhor these peoppe at all costs. I give up after 10 mins unless we've got serious business my time is money, call me an asshole or a picky person I'd rather leave then wait for someone to flake on me Time and Time again. Won't be fooled again
[close]

The absolute worst for me with this behavior is the "good homie" meeting up for a quick sesh.  If we agree to meet at 5 and you don't show until 6:30 I'm going to have my fun and take off.  I'm not 16 anymore and can skate around all day aimlessly (although I miss that)
[close]

real talk! between work and family and everything else I get 2 maybe 3 hours to skate once every couple of weeks, Im not waiting around for shit.

I run into this a lot with my European and Middle Eastern friends.  Their cultures are just way more slack with time.  One of my best friends is Egyptian. If I tell him I'm picking him up at 6:00, there is no way he's coming out of his building until at least 6:20.  Just something I had to learn to deal with.  My French friend is the same way.   

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1206 on: December 12, 2018, 07:05:36 AM »
people that start a text with “happy wednesday!” .. comes off fake as fuck how do you not know this
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1207 on: December 12, 2018, 07:25:28 AM »
The person who rents the office across from me is a Spanish tutor, and has horrible work etiquette.
She leaves her office door wide open, talks crazy loud, will put on songs in Spanish sometimes. Super annoying.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1218
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1208 on: December 12, 2018, 09:25:32 AM »
NPR having the gall to put on a full pledge drive after taking Diane Rehm off the air.  I don’t see why they can’t play “On My Mind” from 10am-11am.  Fucking bullshit.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1209 on: December 12, 2018, 10:00:16 AM »
The person who rents the office across from me is a Spanish tutor, and has horrible work etiquette.
She leaves her office door wide open, talks crazy loud, will put on songs in Spanish sometimes. Super annoying.

Bring it up to the building manager that's their job. Say something like "Hey manage the goddamn building."

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1210 on: December 13, 2018, 02:46:45 PM »
"would gnar if i could"
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1211 on: January 02, 2019, 01:57:14 PM »
those little glove feet shoes and when your feet look too big for you as a person .. luckily ive never seen these combined

saw a guy yesterday wearing glove shoes with a blazer and jeans .. i instantly hated him

ungzilla

« Reply #1212 on: January 02, 2019, 03:07:41 PM »
as you should

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1213 on: January 02, 2019, 03:10:28 PM »
that's just so wrong. i can't stand those shoes... even the socks bother me
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

« Reply #1214 on: January 02, 2019, 03:34:52 PM »
People that overload washer and dryers

Sand or concrete mix scratching the inside of car windows when you use them

Home owners that think it's their duty to protect the sick ass ditch in the alley

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1215 on: January 02, 2019, 05:09:29 PM »
people who are constantly sighing and groaning audibly as they move about. and I mean young, able-bodied people working easy office jobs who are just constantly in a whiny and shitty mood. but of course when they talk they try to sound all pleasant.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1216 on: January 02, 2019, 10:42:31 PM »
Damn, that's me as fuck actually.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1217 on: January 03, 2019, 06:54:25 PM »
When people use the word “literally” incorrectly.

As in:

“He was so mad that steam was literally coming out of his ears.”

“I was so tired I literally just laid down on the couch and died.”

“This guy is literally the biggest douche bag in the universe.”

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #1218 on: January 03, 2019, 07:07:12 PM »
When people use the word “literally” incorrectly.

As in:

“He was so mad that steam was literally coming out of his ears.”

“I was so tired I literally just laid down on the couch and died.”

“This guy is literally the biggest douche bag in the universe.”
If there was a literal douche bag the size of a full grown man it would prob literally be the biggest douche bag in the universe, though.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1219 on: January 03, 2019, 07:22:25 PM »
depends where you lie on the descriptivist - prescriptivist spectrum but some these days say it’s acceptable to use “literally” as an intensifier and there are historical examples from famous writers to back that up.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1220 on: January 03, 2019, 09:29:28 PM »
depends where you lie on the descriptivist - prescriptivist spectrum but some these days say it’s acceptable to use “literally” as an intensifier and there are historical examples from famous writers to back that up.

Yeah, I get what you’re saying.  If enough people want “literally” to function that way, it doesn’t have to get approved by anyone, it just starts functioning that way. 

It still bothers me though. 

Another weird one is “peruse”.  I don’t think I had ever heard anyone use that word used correctly for my entire life. 

I used to think it meant to just quickly skim something over.  Turns out it means the exact opposite.

pe·ruse
/pəˈro͞oz/Submit
verbFORMAL
read (something), typically in a thorough or careful way.
"he has spent countless hours in libraries perusing art history books and catalogues"
examine carefully or at length.
"Laura perused a Caravaggio"
synonyms:   read, study, scrutinize, inspect, examine, wade through, look through; More

How the hell did it get fucked up that bad? 

Dorknerd

« Reply #1221 on: January 03, 2019, 10:46:11 PM »
I got drunk and joined here.

Dorknerd

« Reply #1222 on: January 03, 2019, 11:18:26 PM »
Trying to log off.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1223 on: January 05, 2019, 04:27:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck people who waste your time. “I’m on the way — I’ll be there soon,” should not be more than 5-10 minutes. Over an hour just makes me not want to ever interact with that person.
[close]
THIS...............I Abhor these peoppe at all costs. I give up after 10 mins unless we've got serious business my time is money, call me an asshole or a picky person I'd rather leave then wait for someone to flake on me Time and Time again. Won't be fooled again
[close]

The absolute worst for me with this behavior is the "good homie" meeting up for a quick sesh.  If we agree to meet at 5 and you don't show until 6:30 I'm going to have my fun and take off.  I'm not 16 anymore and can skate around all day aimlessly (although I miss that)
[close]

real talk! between work and family and everything else I get 2 maybe 3 hours to skate once every couple of weeks, Im not waiting around for shit.
[close]

I run into this a lot with my European and Middle Eastern friends.  Their cultures are just way more slack with time.  One of my best friends is Egyptian. If I tell him I'm picking him up at 6:00, there is no way he's coming out of his building until at least 6:20.  Just something I had to learn to deal with.  My French friend is the same way.   

I work with a Spaniard and it took me about a year to learn how to not take his, in my perspective, laziness personally. He has no self drive to work efficiently, despite being a civil servant. Late by minutes every morning; leaves early 3 days of the week by half an hour or more. Tax payers fund our paychecks but he could care less. He’s independently wealthy via mommy and daddy money. I felt like an asshole because I didn’t realize this is cultural until a few months ago.

It’s tough because I have a conservation corps and poverty background which drills work ethic, productivity, and self respect into your mental fabric. I’ve learned to just not rely on him for essentials or expectations and never, ever, ever let him borrow anything that requires cleaning or maintenance. Now we have a better work relationship based on that on my end. Maybe that helps others reading this in the same dilemma with friends or coworkers of similar nature.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1224 on: January 05, 2019, 04:53:02 PM »
it’s still complete bullshit having to accommodate to other people’s lack of self-awareness

people who don’t grasp social cues make me want to shoot myself in the stupid face multiple times

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #1225 on: January 06, 2019, 03:53:58 PM »
Close the fucking cupboards.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1226 on: January 07, 2019, 08:23:06 AM »
people who text "kool" instead of "cool"

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1227 on: January 07, 2019, 09:17:40 AM »

i texted straight "addy" instead of "address" a week ago and i'm still thinking about it

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1228 on: January 07, 2019, 09:31:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i texted straight "addy" instead of "address" a week ago and i'm still thinking about it

haha this made me laugh .. i didn’t even think twice or remember that you said that if it makes you feel better .. but since you brought it up now im gonna make fun of you 

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #1229 on: January 07, 2019, 10:17:42 AM »
i do this all the time