Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 286877 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1190
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1290 on: February 13, 2019, 05:17:28 PM »
Know it all atheists, I am one so don’t think im a holy roller, but at a party and some dick starts a full on rant about “how stupid belief in god“. Ok buddy you’re smarter than everyone we get it.  Atheist equivalent of a church sermon.   

Some priest said that it takes much more blind faith to believe that there is no God than believing there is one. 

I found that to be kind of profound.

It’s pretty presumptuous to think that we could know anything at all about the true nature of God from our tiny little vantage point. 

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm not a fan of "my guy". "Bruh" is pretty bad too.
[close]

Bruh is a direct threat.  My guy is a half step away. Likely, they are begging to be punched.
[close]

Can't stand "buddy." There's always a level of sarcasm and condescension involved.

I’d like to add “boss” to the list... the most condescending of them all in my opinion.  “My guy” is pretty tough to beat though.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 05:24:57 PM by SneakySecrets »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1291 on: February 13, 2019, 05:36:24 PM »
what about when someone you don’t know calls you “brother”? not brotha but brother really enunciated by usually a white dude? that one kinda throws me off. I think it’s meant to be friendly.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #1292 on: February 13, 2019, 05:38:11 PM »
I use most of these regularly but I am a fucking asshole

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1293 on: February 13, 2019, 05:40:00 PM »
what about when someone you don’t know calls you “brother”? not brotha but brother really enunciated by usually a white dude? that one kinda throws me off. I think it’s meant to be friendly.

Was it Hulk Hogan?
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1294 on: February 13, 2019, 06:01:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Was it Hulk Hogan?

no. but that’s good you mentioned it. forgot he said it so much.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #1295 on: February 15, 2019, 06:29:07 AM »
Expand Quote
probably touched on, but the concept of being "Hangry"

it's like PMS'ing (which in many studies has been proven a societal/culturally conditioned copout), but just being completely self absorbed. of course it sucks being hungry, but nobody is REALLY starving.

sorry you haven't had your fucking avocado toast, YET.

take a second, quit being a bitch, and exercise some perseverance.
[close]
so how long have you been an incel for

the bliss of female love just isn't good enough for me

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1296 on: February 15, 2019, 07:02:54 AM »
you can’t get sick from being cold .. it’s scienc e

You can't get sick from the cold itself. But you can get sick from being in the cold. Your body has to work harder to keep from freezing, thus affecting your immune system's ability to fend off invasions.

I used to have this argument with an older friend of mine because I'd tell my kids to not go outside with shoes and a coat when it was cold.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #1297 on: February 15, 2019, 10:09:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
probably touched on, but the concept of being "Hangry"

it's like PMS'ing (which in many studies has been proven a societal/culturally conditioned copout), but just being completely self absorbed. of course it sucks being hungry, but nobody is REALLY starving.

sorry you haven't had your fucking avocado toast, YET.

take a second, quit being a bitch, and exercise some perseverance.
[close]
so how long have you been an incel for
[close]

the bliss of female love just isn't good enough for me

You really are a dirty ol man...  I'd never order avocado toast but in the privacy of my own home.  Shits good
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #1298 on: February 17, 2019, 11:36:39 AM »
People who spit on the ground where your skating.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1299 on: February 17, 2019, 03:05:17 PM »

There was this hog fucker I used to work with that would do this shit inside the building. Didn't matter where he was. I was working on something and had to kneel on the floor to do so. I got up to get more tools and came back to see he spit right where I was kneeling. Shit got real, real fast. Fucking cunt bag.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #1300 on: February 17, 2019, 07:25:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There was this hog fucker I used to work with that would do this shit inside the building. Didn't matter where he was. I was working on something and had to kneel on the floor to do so. I got up to get more tools and came back to see he spit right where I was kneeling. Shit got real, real fast. Fucking cunt bag.

Haha theirs some jerks out there. Fucking old Gouche

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1301 on: February 18, 2019, 07:49:04 PM »
The shoulder bag.

It is less functional than a backpack, blatantly states one's peacock factor, and usually is adorned with a horrible taste in pants. Why? Someone on here that runs these dorky things give me some logic. Please. I'll listen open minded on it. 
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1302 on: February 19, 2019, 05:27:55 AM »
The shoulder bag.

It is less functional than a backpack, blatantly states one's peacock factor, and usually is adorned with a horrible taste in pants. Why? Someone on here that runs these dorky things give me some logic. Please. I'll listen open minded on it. 

are you talking about messenger bags, or those stupid trendy fanny packs that go over your shoulder?

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
« Reply #1303 on: February 19, 2019, 05:39:24 AM »
i hope messenger bags cuz it sounds like you rock them and i gotta hear this
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1304 on: February 19, 2019, 06:40:10 AM »
Ha those ladies bags for men, I see, reported !

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1305 on: February 19, 2019, 07:34:34 AM »
Anything above a neutral colored Amazon basics backpack (the version that is $17.82 NOT the $29 model) is ostentatious.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1306 on: February 19, 2019, 08:30:56 AM »
It really grinds my gears when I go to use the microwave at my office and I see there is :17 seconds left. Ok, I get you wanted your hot pocket or whatever quicker but if you open the microwave before the timer goes off, please hit clear.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #1307 on: February 19, 2019, 11:45:48 AM »
Expand Quote
The shoulder bag.

[close]

are you talking about messenger bags, or those stupid trendy fanny packs that go over your shoulder?

Yeah, I need to know. Post a pic.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #1308 on: February 19, 2019, 04:30:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The shoulder bag.

[close]

[close]

I think he means bags similar to these:

I'm not too into those above but I have one of these, which is similar but has a larger volume capacity than most of those pseudo waist-bags that 75% of NYers that aren't filmers rock:

Pabst, my reason for owning this: A backpack is too big for the things I usually take out skating or even if I'm going out for a bit. This bag fits a water bottle, a tool, a book, a snack, and a portable charger or P&S camera. I usually have a thin, easily tucked away tote bag in there too in case I pick up other stuff throughout the day. Also, a backpack's coverage causes me to sweat easily while this smaller bag is less prone to do that. You don't know me but I'm not one to flaunt & my pants aren't wild, just your average blue or brown chinos and blue jeans.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1309 on: February 19, 2019, 05:09:23 PM »
those small bags are perfect for skating. I use one ‘cause I don’t need a full-size bag usually.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #1310 on: February 19, 2019, 08:49:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The shoulder bag.

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm not too into those above but I have one of these, which is similar but has a larger volume capacity than most of those pseudo waist-bags that 75% of NYers that aren't filmers rock:

Pabst, my reason for owning this: A backpack is too big for the things I usually take out skating or even if I'm going out for a bit. This bag fits a water bottle, a tool, a book, a snack, and a portable charger or P&S camera. I usually have a thin, easily tucked away tote bag in there too in case I pick up other stuff throughout the day. Also, a backpack's coverage causes me to sweat easily while this smaller bag is less prone to do that. You don't know me but I'm not one to flaunt & my pants aren't wild, just your average blue or brown chinos and blue jeans.

Correcto, I’m referring to those.

Questions.
How does it stay in the middle of your back while you’re pushing? Does the sack travel towards your hip when weighted with items?
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #1311 on: February 19, 2019, 08:54:17 PM »
They're only designed to carry a unit tool, a pack of light blue American Spirits, and a small carton of coconut water. Any more weight and you're on your own.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #1312 on: February 19, 2019, 10:01:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The shoulder bag.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Questions.
How does it stay in the middle of your back while you’re pushing? Does the sack travel towards your hip when weighted with items?
Loving that blue coat.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #1313 on: February 19, 2019, 10:04:49 PM »
When people only visit because their broke and trying to bum money. I know who they are now so when I see em I make sure they know I'm broker than them. Even with a million in the bank , hypothetical , I'm broke lol

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #1314 on: February 19, 2019, 10:33:53 PM »

Questions.

Yes, the Patagonia one I have does & that's the most annoying part about it. But it's worth it and there's a solution: There's an extra strap that wraps the opposite way across the body from the main strap, stabilizing the bag's position. Works perfect.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
« Reply #1315 on: February 20, 2019, 01:07:54 AM »
i have this, it was cheap, it is pretty comfy, light, small, and practical.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 01:21:30 AM by somethingmustbreaknow »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1316 on: February 20, 2019, 05:30:08 AM »

I carry this to and from work. I guess it could be a messenger bag because it has a strap, but i usually just hold it brief case style. I don't need to carry too much stuff, so a backpack is kinda like overkill. I can fit a laptop and a few notebooks and usually my lunch in this and thats all I need.

The fanny pack things posted above are definitely stupid looking, but I could see how it would be practical if you were carrying a camera or something.

I also don't like taking a bag skating because everyone goes "hey, can I put my stuff in your bag?" then you wind up carrying everyones shit.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #1317 on: February 20, 2019, 05:42:14 AM »
Expand Quote

Questions.
[close]

Yes, the Patagonia one I have does & that's the most annoying part about it. But it's worth it and there's a solution: There's an extra strap that wraps the opposite way across the body from the main strap, stabilizing the bag's position. Works perfect.

So it’s like wearing a backpack but instead of putting both straps over your shoulders you put one over your shoulder and one under your armpit.

Thus, is why I’m bothered by them. Today marks the day I am officially a  curmudgeoned old person shaking their fist into the void and now the pet peace is reality and mirrors.

Edit:
TL;DR- smaller backpack plz.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1318 on: February 20, 2019, 05:48:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I carry this to and from work. I guess it could be a messenger bag because it has a strap, but i usually just hold it brief case style. I don't need to carry too much stuff, so a backpack is kinda like overkill. I can fit a laptop and a few notebooks and usually my lunch in this and thats all I need.

The fanny pack things posted above are definitely stupid looking, but I could see how it would be practical if you were carrying a camera or something.

I also don't like taking a bag skating because everyone goes "hey, can I put my stuff in your bag?" then you wind up carrying everyones shit.

That’s the absolute worst. It goes beyond skating too. I shouldn’t be weighed down by your lack of planning.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #1319 on: February 20, 2019, 06:07:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice Mikkeller pin!