Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 286868 times)

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1320 on: February 20, 2019, 06:46:36 AM »
Nice Mikkeller pin!

Thanks. My wife and I had a few beers then when we were in LA last year. Cool little place just a few blocks from our hotel. Local people were friendly.

What I thought was crazy was we walked past it on a Sunday at like 1pm and there was a line around the block. I thought people were there to see a band or something, but when we asked the bartenders a few days later when we went it, they said the crowd was there because of some craft beer tap takeover. Like all the taps were from some brewery and people were lined up down the block to drink it. Bars do that pretty regularly from where I'm from and it's never a big deal. Is LA just late to the craft beer game? The people we met were pretty shocked at our lack of enthusiasm for craft beer.

Blue Fescue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1321 on: February 20, 2019, 06:51:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Nice Mikkeller pin!
[close]

Thanks. My wife and I had a few beers then when we were in LA last year. Cool little place just a few blocks from our hotel. Local people were friendly.

What I thought was crazy was we walked past it on a Sunday at like 1pm and there was a line around the block. I thought people were there to see a band or something, but when we asked the bartenders a few days later when we went it, they said the crowd was there because of some craft beer tap takeover. Like all the taps were from some brewery and people were lined up down the block to drink it. Bars do that pretty regularly from where I'm from and it's never a big deal. Is LA just late to the craft beer game? The people we met were pretty shocked at our lack of enthusiasm for craft beer.

Mikkeller is one of the popular craft brewers in the country.  People would definitely travel just to go there.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #1322 on: February 20, 2019, 07:05:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nice Mikkeller pin!
[close]

[close]

Mikkeller is one of the popular craft brewers in the country.  People would definitely travel just to go there.

It’s internationally popular, theres a local beer bar in my neighborhood that gets the craziest european/japanese hype beers but its also a total dive which is great. They do make a damn good beer though so I understand the hype.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1323 on: February 20, 2019, 07:22:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i hope messenger bags cuz it sounds like you rock them and i gotta hear this
[close]

I carry this to and from work. I guess it could be a messenger bag because it has a strap, but i usually just hold it brief case style. I don't need to carry too much stuff, so a backpack is kinda like overkill. I can fit a laptop and a few notebooks and usually my lunch in this and thats all I need.

The fanny pack things posted above are definitely stupid looking, but I could see how it would be practical if you were carrying a camera or something.

I also don't like taking a bag skating because everyone goes "hey, can I put my stuff in your bag?" then you wind up carrying everyones shit.
[close]

That’s the absolute worst. It goes beyond skating too. I shouldn’t be weighed down by your lack of planning.

Do what I do and say no. Sometimes even a dramatic heeeellllll no.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1324 on: February 20, 2019, 08:13:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nice Mikkeller pin!
[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s internationally popular, theres a local beer bar in my neighborhood that gets the craziest european/japanese hype beers but its also a total dive which is great. They do make a damn good beer though so I understand the hype.

Had no idea it was a thing. We found it wondering around and came back the next day to see what they hype from the day before was. They had good beer, but nothing better than what we could get at home. The hype in MI peaked quite a while ago.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1325 on: February 20, 2019, 08:47:03 AM »
A friend of mine makes those shoulder bags and was nice enough to send me one so I gave it a shot but about an hour into wearing it someone asked me if I had diabetes and that was it for me.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #1326 on: February 20, 2019, 09:11:10 AM »
this bag holds two flashes, 3 pocket wizards, and my fuji. sling it over the shoulder. dont care how i look cause this bag is easier to skate around with than a big bulky camera backpack.

edit: forgot to say that if youre just rocking a fanny pack with like nothing in it, and youre trying tricks with it on. please fucking stop.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:13:53 AM by feedmeseymour »

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1327 on: February 20, 2019, 09:27:04 AM »
A friend of mine makes those shoulder bags and was nice enough to send me one so I gave it a shot but about an hour into wearing it someone asked me if I had diabetes and that was it for me.

no one would ask that if they seriously thought you might have diabetes. they were asking just to tease you and you let that stop you? fuck that. you should use it if you want to.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #1328 on: February 20, 2019, 09:30:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Correcto, I’m referring to those.

Questions.
How does it stay in the middle of your back while you’re pushing? Does the sack travel towards your hip when weighted with items?
[close]

Yes, the Patagonia one I have does & that's the most annoying part about it. But it's worth it and there's a solution: There's an extra strap that wraps the opposite way across the body from the main strap, stabilizing the bag's position. Works perfect.
[close]

So it’s like wearing a backpack but instead of putting both straps over your shoulders you put one over your shoulder and one under your armpit.

Thus, is why I’m bothered by them. Today marks the day I am officially a  curmudgeoned old person shaking their fist into the void and now the pet peace is reality and mirrors.

Edit:
TL;DR- smaller backpack plz.

Do you also miss when cars didn't have seatbelts?

P.S. Backpack straps go under your armpits too.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1329 on: February 20, 2019, 10:39:04 AM »
Well, this thread took a shit dive.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1330 on: February 20, 2019, 11:43:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

no one would ask that if they seriously thought you might have diabetes. they were asking just to tease you and you let that stop you? fuck that. you should use it if you want to.
Besides, that would be closer to the size of an LVAD.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
« Reply #1331 on: February 20, 2019, 11:49:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

IV drug users want to know if you have diabetus.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1332 on: February 20, 2019, 11:50:29 AM »
smaller backpack plz.

this is actually the worst of all .. those dumb lil draw string ones with a big nike swoosh on it
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1333 on: February 20, 2019, 11:58:18 AM »
Expand Quote
smaller backpack plz.
[close]

this is actually the worst of all .. those dumb lil draw string ones with a big nike swoosh on it

If I was a cop I would unconstitutionally stop 100% of people wearing those. I'd say "have anything I should know about in your bag?" and they'd start sweating so hard because they ALL have something in their bag.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1334 on: February 20, 2019, 12:19:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Questions.
How does it stay in the middle of your back while you’re pushing? Does the sack travel towards your hip when weighted with items?
[close]

Yes, the Patagonia one I have does & that's the most annoying part about it. But it's worth it and there's a solution: There's an extra strap that wraps the opposite way across the body from the main strap, stabilizing the bag's position. Works perfect.
[close]

So it’s like wearing a backpack but instead of putting both straps over your shoulders you put one over your shoulder and one under your armpit.

Thus, is why I’m bothered by them. Today marks the day I am officially a  curmudgeoned old person shaking their fist into the void and now the pet peace is reality and mirrors.

Edit:
[close]

That’s the point, it’s a downgrade from a backpack for the reason outside of functionality.

And jokes on me again, my car still is carbureted and to be real, the seatbelt is only on when I’m around other humans driving. Shiiiiiit.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #1335 on: February 20, 2019, 12:26:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
smaller backpack plz.
[close]

[close]

If I was a cop I would unconstitutionally stop 100% of people wearing those. I'd say "have anything I should know about in your bag?" and they'd start sweating so hard because they ALL have something in their bag.
i hate most people who wear these but i'm also really glad you're not a cop

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #1336 on: February 20, 2019, 12:44:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Questions.
[close]

[close]

Edit:
[close]

[close]

That’s the point, it’s a downgrade from a backpack for the reason outside of functionality.

And jokes on me again, my car still is carbureted and to be real, the seatbelt is only on when I’m around other humans driving. Shiiiiiit.

Oh I disagree, functionality was the major reason I got this bag. It feels more secure than my backpack (when fully strapped up), is more comfortable, and I still have two free arms. But it's your pet peeve, so respect. Please be safe on the road.

Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1337 on: February 20, 2019, 12:50:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
smaller backpack plz.
[close]

[close]

[close]
i hate most people who wear these but i'm also really glad you're not a cop

I'd never be a cop because ACAB but if I was I'd be the best cop to other cops and the worst cop to everyone else. I know what pieces of shit look like because look at me. Any car with a towel instead of a window is getting searched.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1338 on: February 20, 2019, 02:26:54 PM »

Post a bag fuccboi

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1339 on: February 20, 2019, 02:31:15 PM »
i immediately have suicidal thoughts whenever someone mentions goals of the "relationship" or "squad" varieties

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1340 on: February 20, 2019, 02:38:06 PM »
“you are goals”

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1341 on: February 20, 2019, 06:06:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Post a bag fuccboi

I bomb hills at school with this thing.

Tomorrow I will wear it sideways and will report back with details.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #1342 on: February 22, 2019, 12:24:09 PM »
This whole "I was today years old when ______" makes my skin crawl.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1343 on: February 25, 2019, 10:43:19 AM »
i honestly don’t understand why you would leave your shiny sticker on your new hat

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1344 on: February 25, 2019, 11:29:50 AM »
i honestly don’t understand why you would leave your shiny sticker on your new hat
ppl still do that?

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1345 on: February 25, 2019, 12:21:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
ppl still do that?

no idea. the gold sticker was bad enough, but i always loved it when assholes would leave the big sticker that went over the gold sticker on too.

ungzilla

« Reply #1346 on: February 25, 2019, 12:33:20 PM »
i knew someone who bought a whole roll of gold new era stickers for an exorbitant price off ebay so they could keep their hat icy or fresh or whatever the fuck

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #1347 on: February 25, 2019, 04:27:48 PM »
I hate when people hold their sneezes in.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #1348 on: February 26, 2019, 06:45:22 AM »
I hate when people hold their sneezes in.

Yeah, but I'd rather have them holding it than spreading their AIDS everywhere.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1349 on: February 26, 2019, 08:24:04 AM »
It's a good thing AIDS isn't contagious then.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.