Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 286910 times)

SirPizzaSlayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1560 on: June 12, 2019, 01:22:41 PM »
People who scream do a kickflip. Those people have a special place in hell.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1561 on: June 12, 2019, 01:54:39 PM »
When you cook for a living and someone questions how you’re cooking something.

Ok sharron, tell me how folding clothes makes you an expert at cooking. Bitch

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1562 on: June 12, 2019, 01:59:14 PM »

Sort of along those lines, my wife uses high heat to cook EVERYTHING and can't understand why her chicken is burnt on the outside and raw in the middle. Also refuses to take any advice. So I usually end up cooking everything.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1190
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1563 on: June 12, 2019, 04:39:01 PM »
With very few exceptions, dreams are only interesting to the person that had them.  No need to give a 5 minute soliloquy:

“..and then I realized it’s Jeff from work but, like, different, you know?  Anyways he had this weird plastic hook for a hand.  So he’s trying to gather marbles to give to Janet Reno so he can go on this elevator to melt the moon.  Weird right?  He said Janet only accepts marbles... Ok and then I looked at the calendar and I was like “oh shit, I’m getting married to Rhoda that afternoon...” 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1564 on: June 12, 2019, 05:15:53 PM »
With very few exceptions, dreams are only interesting to the person that had them.  No need to give a 5 minute soliloquy:

“..and then I realized it’s Jeff from work but, like, different, you know?  Anyways he had this weird plastic hook for a hand.  So he’s trying to gather marbles to give to Janet Reno so he can go on this elevator to melt the moon.  Weird right?  He said Janet only accepts marbles... Ok and then I looked at the calendar and I was like “oh shit, I’m getting married to Rhoda that afternoon...”

imagine if you had to read that on slap now
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1565 on: June 12, 2019, 09:05:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

imagine if you had to read that on slap now

I’d be quivering with euphoria.  What’s your point?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1566 on: June 13, 2019, 04:10:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sort of along those lines, my wife uses high heat to cook EVERYTHING and can't understand why her chicken is burnt on the outside and raw in the middle. Also refuses to take any advice. So I usually end up cooking everything.

It’s just easier and less frustrating haha

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1567 on: June 13, 2019, 04:50:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It’s just easier and less frustrating haha

It really is, I almost think she does it on purpose to not cook.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #1568 on: June 16, 2019, 02:33:22 PM »
glad this was brought up.

Eggs.

Aside from frying, when people cook them at a super high temp and you can smell that burning egg smell. Failure.

They get all tough and burnt. People seriously fuck up on eggs, even a lot of folks cooking for a living.

they don't all have to be a fluffy etherial french omelet consistency but there IS a right way and it's not jet fuel heating them.

there's a scene in Jiro Dreams of Sushi where his underling finally makes this omelet style sushi correctly after like 10 years of attempts. he basically cries.

Eggs can be gnar like that.

NoSugar

• Rep: -27
« Reply #1569 on: June 16, 2019, 03:16:32 PM »
My pet peeve is people who cook for a living thinking it's some special shit. Seriously. Easiest job to get with no skills, by far. Such a shitty job that it has more turnover than almost any other occupation. Damn right I'll say something if I think you're fucking up cooking something I'm supposed to eat. Just because you cook for a job does not mean you're infallible. I cooked for years, when I was young. Couldn't imagine still doing that past my mid-20's. Restaurant life (work, drink and do drugs with the staff, sleep, repeat) is wack. My mother taught me how to make intricate pastries as a kid and I figured it out easy. If a 12 year old kid can do that, shit ain't hard. Chefs are glorified line cooks. It all comes back out as brown shit in the end.

skatefresh

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1570 on: June 16, 2019, 03:21:08 PM »
People that spend their whole paycheck on stupid designer clothing, shoes for perceived status, when you know they're actually poor. Congratulations you just spent $900 on balenciaga sneakers that look like sketchers.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #1571 on: June 16, 2019, 03:28:11 PM »
It all comes back out as brown shit in the end.

Not if you eat beets...

People that spend their whole paycheck on stupid designer clothing, shoes for perceived status, when you know they're actually poor. Congratulations you just spent $900 on balenciaga sneakers that look like sketchers.

Pretty standard when it comes to cars.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #1572 on: June 16, 2019, 04:04:25 PM »

or the fucking insta clips with that slomo until the trick trap music effect with some steezoid skating in some ltd edition shoes.

"can you BELIEVE he's skating in them 500 dollar jawns?!?"

fuck outta here

skatefresh

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1573 on: June 16, 2019, 04:41:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

or the fucking insta clips with that slomo until the trick trap music effect with some steezoid skating in some ltd edition shoes.

fuck outta here
More money than sense. I can't stand the drip edits on ig.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #1574 on: June 16, 2019, 05:19:38 PM »
These wanna be ghetto chicks. I dated a girl a while ago who was like that. Very ignorant and very self centered. Seriously what’s with this whole new wanna be ghetto act? I don’t understand it. We get it you smoke weed, we get it you want to be a super tough guy, we get it you say the n word every other word of your sentence. Some of these kids are rich white kids. I’m not saying they don’t have problems because their rich but fuck you make everyone else want to die because of your toxic front.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #1575 on: June 17, 2019, 08:28:43 AM »

"Hypebeast" culture is the dumbest shit on the planet.

If you spend $4,000 on some old ass Supreme hoodie because the "colors are rare", you're a fucking moron.

And honestly, 95% of the expensive, limited-edition shoes are insanely ugly.

For example, these look like they came straight off the rack at Walmart, yet they are hundreds of dollars.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 08:36:09 AM by DanTheDoucher »
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1576 on: June 17, 2019, 08:43:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fuck outta here
The slo mo trap music edits are wack af but I don’t give a care what people choose to spend their money on.
If you earn your money, you should be able to spend it however you want even if it does leave you broke for a week or two.

my pet peeve is normies trying to fill the void in their life with material junk
But aren’t we all? At least to some degree?
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #1577 on: June 17, 2019, 08:49:15 AM »
The amount of money I have spent on rocket league microtransactions is reprehensible. Absolutely deplorable shit.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1578 on: June 17, 2019, 09:58:05 AM »
The amount of money I have spent on rocket league microtransactions is reprehensible. Absolutely deplorable shit.

Hahaha, rocket league is fucking sick though.

Please tell me they have a little orange smiley teddy bear decoration for the top of the car. 

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #1579 on: June 17, 2019, 11:05:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahaha, rocket league is fucking sick though.

Please tell me they have a little orange smiley teddy bear decoration for the top of the car.

Met one of the dudes who helped make the game in SD once at my sister's place.  Guy was super nice and i kind of tripped out that he made a pretty successful game (it was right after it came out) now I can't even believe how much cash he has made since then.  good on em
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #1580 on: June 19, 2019, 07:47:06 AM »
Emails starting with "hey"
Hi, Hello, or just get to the point.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1581 on: June 19, 2019, 08:06:24 AM »
People who walk on a narrow sidewalk with earbuds in while carrying a massive fucking golf umbrella. They take up the entire sidewalk and they can't hear you when you say excuse me.

Happened to me this morning walking across the bridge into the city. I wanted to throw his giant umbrella off the bridge into the river then tell him to get the fuck out of public if he can't be considerate of other people walking.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1582 on: June 20, 2019, 06:08:33 AM »
People who walk on a narrow sidewalk with earbuds in while carrying a massive fucking golf umbrella. They take up the entire sidewalk and they can't hear you when you say excuse me.

Happened to me this morning walking across the bridge into the city. I wanted to throw his giant umbrella off the bridge into the river then tell him to get the fuck out of public if he can't be considerate of other people walking.
the inconsideration of humans these days are really troubling . I was at this pizza joint in Berkeley & has to say excuse me to a 5 year old who was playing video games on his phone was not looking at his surroundings . I had to say it 3x till he he finally look as away . His mom is 5’ away staring into her phone . The place is packed , watch your kid or someone’s going to knock him over . Well it’s Berkeley i guess you can just let her child run wild . It’s a shame to see a kid with no consideration for what’s going but i see where it comes from .

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1583 on: June 20, 2019, 06:30:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
the inconsideration of humans these days are really troubling . I was at this pizza joint in Berkeley & has to say excuse me to a 5 year old who was playing video games on his phone was not looking at his surroundings . I had to say it 3x till he he finally look as away . His mom is 5’ away staring into her phone . The place is packed , watch your kid or someone’s going to knock him over . Well it’s Berkeley i guess you can just let her child run wild . It’s a shame to see a kid with no consideration for what’s going but i see where it comes from .

People in general just think the world revolves around them and that everyone around them is secondary. It's sickening.
FUCK YOU

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1584 on: June 20, 2019, 06:41:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

People in general just think the world revolves around them and that everyone around them is secondary. It's sickening.
I hope they will be ready for when people start to snap . I thought for sure when the (jock) father came out of the restroom he had heard me was going to say something such as don’t ask my son to move. Maybe one time i’ll have to balls to say “hey who’s kid is this , tell him to sit down !”

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1585 on: June 20, 2019, 06:51:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I hope they will be ready for when people start to snap . I thought for sure when the (jock) father came out of the restroom he had heard me was going to say something such as don’t ask my son to move. Maybe one time i’ll have to balls to say “hey who’s kid is this , tell him to sit down !”

I actually said something like that the other day when I took my kids to this bounce house park thing.

There was this girl who had a kid that has probably only been walking for like 6 months. Maybe a year and a half old. There were kids running around everywhere and this little kid was basically just cutting in line and not waiting for other kids to finish the obstacles and stuff before he would get in. He was going to get himself hurt. I'm not about to pick this kid up and get him out of there because then the mom would think he was getting kidnapped, so I said really loudly "This little kid is going to get hurt. Where the hell is his mom?", and I look around to see who reacts to it.

And this girl (super hot girl, actually) sitting in the corner on her phone looks up and comes running over and gets her kid out of there. She actually thanked me, even though I was clearly annoyed with her. I wanted to tell her to get the fuck off her phone and watch her tiny ass kid so he doesn't break his neck, but I refrained.
FUCK YOU

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1586 on: June 20, 2019, 08:00:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I actually said something like that the other day when I took my kids to this bounce house park thing.

There was this girl who had a kid that has probably only been walking for like 6 months. Maybe a year and a half old. There were kids running around everywhere and this little kid was basically just cutting in line and not waiting for other kids to finish the obstacles and stuff before he would get in. He was going to get himself hurt. I'm not about to pick this kid up and get him out of there because then the mom would think he was getting kidnapped, so I said really loudly "This little kid is going to get hurt. Where the hell is his mom?", and I look around to see who reacts to it.

And this girl (super hot girl, actually) sitting in the corner on her phone looks up and comes running over and gets her kid out of there. She actually thanked me, even though I was clearly annoyed with her. I wanted to tell her to get the fuck off her phone and watch her tiny ass kid so he doesn't break his neck, but I refrained.

I hate almost all other parents in public. I argue all the time with my wife when she says shit like "they're fine, they're just being kids" my response is "no, they're being assholes and I am not going to be that parent"

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1587 on: June 20, 2019, 08:09:31 AM »

as i just left the coffee shop i opened the door and let this human in and i said “your welcome “ fuck this i’m taking a stand and i’m sick of being courteous . i might just start walking into people .
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 08:16:12 AM by hangontoyourego »

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1588 on: June 20, 2019, 08:41:18 AM »

as i just left the coffee shop i opened the door and let this human in and i said “your welcome “ fuck this i’m taking a stand and i’m sick of being courteous . i might just start walking into people .

"I hope his pants get caught and a bloodbath ensues!!!"

Fucking love that movie.

And yes, you should just start walking into people, or at least pointing out the fact that someone is being an impolite dick as much as possible.
FUCK YOU

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1589 on: June 20, 2019, 08:44:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I hate almost all other parents in public. I argue all the time with my wife when she says shit like "they're fine, they're just being kids" my response is "no, they're being assholes and I am not going to be that parent"

I'm with you 100% on all of this.

I feel like parents take their kids to crowded public places so that they can take a break from parenting. They sit around on their phone and pay no attention to the fact that their kid is being a little fucker to everyone around him/her.
FUCK YOU