Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 286903 times)

SHIREFLIP

Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1590 on: June 22, 2019, 11:40:06 AM »
Dear cyclists, if you wanna pass me while I’m skating, that’s cool.

But if you keep passing me and then stopping in front of me for no apparent reason, you’re a fucking dickhead and I hope somebody steals your seat.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1591 on: June 23, 2019, 10:34:40 AM »
When someone asks me “what did I just say?” after me clearly not paying attention to them. Fuck of.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1592 on: June 24, 2019, 05:59:07 AM »

But if you keep passing me and then stopping in front of me for no apparent reason, you’re a fucking dickhead and I hope somebody steals your seat.
They are the most privileged humans on the road . they blow red lights & stop signs as well never stop for pedestrians.

the snake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1593 on: June 24, 2019, 07:32:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
They are the most privileged humans on the road . they blow red lights & stop signs as well never stop for pedestrians.
had a fucking cyclist behind my car in a mountain downhill road this afternoon, had to park on the side to let him go, it was too stressfull to have this motherfucker cycling hard while I hit the brakes  in the turns with slow cars in front of me

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #1594 on: June 24, 2019, 08:18:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes, exactly. They weave in and out of traffic and run every light on the road, then when one of them gets hit by a car there is all this outrage in the cycling community. They get on the news and spew all of their "share the road" bullshit.

I remember a few years ago on my way home from work there were two people riding bikes on a 4 lane road (two lanes going in each direction). One of them was in the MIDDLE of each lane in the direction I was going. Traffic was literally backing up for nearly a mile and a hundred people were honking at them, and they didn't move over or allow anyone to pass them.

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #1595 on: June 24, 2019, 12:54:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

the outrage when a cyclist that never respects any laws gets hit is astounding.

the hypocrisy of skaters complaining about cyclist riding like fuckers is hilarious!

we snake society!

Yes, exactly. They weave in and out of traffic and run every light on the road, then when one of them gets hit by a car there is all this outrage in the cycling community. They get on the news and spew all of their "share the road" bullshit.

I remember a few years ago on my way home from work there were two people riding bikes on a 4 lane road (two lanes going in each direction). One of them was in the MIDDLE of each lane in the direction I was going. Traffic was literally backing up for nearly a mile and a hundred people were honking at them, and they didn't move over or allow anyone to pass them.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1596 on: June 24, 2019, 04:49:00 PM »
maybe it was go cycling day
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #1597 on: June 24, 2019, 06:42:26 PM »
Does anyone else get mad when people tell you how to skate? I was skating some hill near my house and these kids playing basket ball kept trying to tell me what to do. First time “Do an Ollie” ok so I climb back up the hill. I roll down and Ollie. I powerslide a lot too so I’m sliding around and I get to the bottom one of the kids says “your not doing it right” I just looked at him and left. I really really don’t like when people tell me how to skate. Like this kid tried to tell me that my powerslides were wrong and I know for a fact their not. I know how to powerslide. Maybe I’m just a dick but fuck it really grinds my gears. I will stop skating if someone try’s to tell me how to skate.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1190
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1598 on: June 24, 2019, 08:11:25 PM »
What was it that he said you weren’t doing right?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #1599 on: June 24, 2019, 08:42:13 PM »
What was it that he said you weren’t doing right?
i guess my powerslides? I know how to powerslide.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1600 on: June 25, 2019, 05:31:22 AM »
Does anyone else get mad when people tell you how to skate? I was skating some hill near my house and these kids playing basket ball kept trying to tell me what to do. First time “Do an Ollie” ok so I climb back up the hill. I roll down and Ollie. I powerslide a lot too so I’m sliding around and I get to the bottom one of the kids says “your not doing it right” I just looked at him and left. I really really don’t like when people tell me how to skate. Like this kid tried to tell me that my powerslides were wrong and I know for a fact their not. I know how to powerslide. Maybe I’m just a dick but fuck it really grinds my gears. I will stop skating if someone try’s to tell me how to skate.

I would have walked up to the basketball court and sat there while they played and critiqued every single aspect of how he plays basketball.

"You aren't dribbling right."

"You aren't shooting right."

"Your defense sucks."

If that doesn't make a person realize that they were being a complete asshat, then nothing will.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #1601 on: June 25, 2019, 08:51:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would have walked up to the basketball court and sat there while they played and critiqued every single aspect of how he plays basketball.

"You aren't dribbling right."

"You aren't shooting right."

"Your defense sucks."

If that doesn't make a person realize that they were being a complete asshat, then nothing will.
haha that would be fun. One of the kids was telling me how he bombed this hill that’s pretty big near my house but I highly doubt it.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1602 on: June 26, 2019, 07:44:06 PM »
people who treat style guides like the Chicago Manual of Style or the AP Stylebook or Strunk and White's Elements of Style like they're the final word on English grammar. they're style books. if one of them were a definitive guide there would be only one style book. but style is subjective which is why there are hundreds if not thousands of style guides.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1603 on: June 27, 2019, 08:16:43 AM »
people who treat style guides like the Chicago Manual of Style or the AP Stylebook or Strunk and White's Elements of Style like they're the final word on English grammar. they're style books. if one of them were a definitive guide there would be only one style book. but style is subjective which is why there are hundreds if not thousands of style guides.

Whatever you do, please don't use reference the book entitled "Vinnie Bahn Style".
FUCK YOU

skatefresh

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1604 on: July 01, 2019, 09:14:08 PM »
Everyone my age only wants to skate parks. I fucking hate skateparks. I understand it's convenient, but I feel like a caged animal. We have a street league plaza about 15 minutes away, but the flow is terrible. It's designed for like 10 people to skate, not 100. I'd seriously rather skate flatground outside my house than skate there. I can't skate in large groups. I actually like skating alone most of the time.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1605 on: July 02, 2019, 08:59:01 AM »
When people pull out in front of you when there is clearly nobody else behind you. They would rather put both of you in danger so that they don't have to wait the extra 4 seconds for you to pass first.

I can understand if they want to force their way onto the road if there is traffic and they are sick of waiting, but if that's not the case, fuck them.
FUCK YOU

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1606 on: July 02, 2019, 11:04:08 AM »
This no titles in skate videos is getting really fucking pretentious and annoying.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1607 on: July 03, 2019, 06:14:54 AM »
This no titles in skate videos is getting really fucking pretentious and annoying.
assuming you’re referring to trust fall , bips and seance . It’s absolutely annoying. I don’t have ig anymore so i don’t know who’s who . Such as who’s the the 2nd kid in the nike video ? Even when i made imovie clips i would add the names of the skaters . Still thought it was good 

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1608 on: July 03, 2019, 06:17:55 AM »
my pet peeve of he day was watching some
jerk keep pushing the cross walk button . Does pushing it numerous times make you feel as though you’ll get to cross faster ? also when people clearly see you push the button then walk up and push the button again .

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #1609 on: July 03, 2019, 07:20:40 AM »
Expand Quote
People who walk on a narrow sidewalk with earbuds in while carrying a massive fucking golf umbrella. They take up the entire sidewalk and they can't hear you when you say excuse me.

Happened to me this morning walking across the bridge into the city. I wanted to throw his giant umbrella off the bridge into the river then tell him to get the fuck out of public if he can't be considerate of other people walking.
[close]
the inconsideration of humans these days are really troubling . I was at this pizza joint in Berkeley & has to say excuse me to a 5 year old who was playing video games on his phone was not looking at his surroundings . I had to say it 3x till he he finally look as away . His mom is 5’ away staring into her phone . The place is packed , watch your kid or someone’s going to knock him over . Well it’s Berkeley i guess you can just let her child run wild . It’s a shame to see a kid with no consideration for what’s going but i see where it comes from .

what pizza spot were you at? Fat slice? Or some place else? I like escape from New York pizza only place that has potato pesto with white sauce/cheese.
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

SpankerChief

• Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #1610 on: July 03, 2019, 07:28:01 AM »

as i just left the coffee shop i opened the door and let this human in and i said “your welcome “ fuck this i’m taking a stand and i’m sick of being courteous . i might just start walking into people .
Met a good friend in Goleta California he lost his pinky and ring finger in an escalator accident.

he was your atypical purdy boy polo shirt and all hella nice guy, a whiz with the ladies as I thought his effeminate voice was a clue to his sexuality. Nope dudes in France married to a smoking hot Italian and French super model.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1611 on: July 03, 2019, 08:07:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
People who walk on a narrow sidewalk with earbuds in while carrying a massive fucking golf umbrella. They take up the entire sidewalk and they can't hear you when you say excuse me.

Happened to me this morning walking across the bridge into the city. I wanted to throw his giant umbrella off the bridge into the river then tell him to get the fuck out of public if he can't be considerate of other people walking.
[close]
the inconsideration of humans these days are really troubling . I was at this pizza joint in Berkeley & has to say excuse me to a 5 year old who was playing video games on his phone was not looking at his surroundings . I had to say it 3x till he he finally look as away . His mom is 5’ away staring into her phone . The place is packed , watch your kid or someone’s going to knock him over . Well it’s Berkeley i guess you can just let her child run wild . It’s a shame to see a kid with no consideration for what’s going but i see where it comes from .
[close]

what pizza spot were you at? Fat slice? Or some place else? I like escape from New York pizza only place that has potato pesto with white sauce/cheese.
cheese board . there dipping sauce is banging . it’s a bougie spot in the “gourmet ghetto” which i nvr realized what white privileged term that is . But of course alice waters seems super stuck up .

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1612 on: July 03, 2019, 08:24:06 AM »
jerk keep pushing the cross walk button . Does pushing it numerous times make you feel as though you’ll get to cross faster ? also when people clearly see you push the button then walk up and push the button again .

I'm fairly certain that it's a proven fact that those buttons don't actually do anything at all.
FUCK YOU

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1613 on: July 03, 2019, 08:26:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm fairly certain that it's a proven fact that those buttons don't actually do anything at all.
some people like finger banging buttons

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1614 on: July 03, 2019, 08:32:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's true.

Every time I see someone pushing the cross walk button I always want to tell them it's pointless and that the lights aren't going to change just so they can walk their impatient ass across the street, but I tend to refrain.
FUCK YOU

SpankerChief

• Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #1615 on: July 03, 2019, 12:47:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

That's true.

Every time I see someone pushing the cross walk button I always want to tell them it's pointless and that the lights aren't going to change just so they can walk their impatient ass across the street, but I tend to refrain.
In Goleta the crosswalk near the high school  the street lights up really brightly and is recorded for sake of watching kids not getting hurt/hit. Well a bunch of us late at night me and my buddies we’d watch dipshits in their ricer hot rods try to haul ass down this street. We’d hit the button for the crosswalk and they’d have to stop as it says your vehicle is being recorded it was funny watching assholes ruin their transmission by racing in a school zone.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #1616 on: July 03, 2019, 02:43:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
assuming you’re referring to trust fall , bips and seance . It’s absolutely annoying. I don’t have ig anymore so i don’t know who’s who . Such as who’s the the 2nd kid in the nike video ? Even when i made imovie clips i would add the names of the skaters . Still thought it was good

yes it's a perfect opportunity to stick in the stylistic aesthetics of the video. beautifully represented in "Cover Version" recently. thanks for not giving a non household name kid their propers you editing asshole.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1617 on: July 11, 2019, 05:22:49 AM »
When people ask the same question twice in a row in two different ways expecting a different, more to their liking, answer on the second try.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1618 on: July 11, 2019, 05:54:45 AM »
When people ask the same question twice in a row in two different ways expecting a different, more to their liking, answer on the second try.

People are dipshits. All of them.
FUCK YOU

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #1619 on: July 13, 2019, 11:13:17 AM »
People who yell do a kick flip, like fuck off.