Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 286857 times)

DanTheDoucher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1650 on: August 26, 2019, 12:47:16 PM »
those fucking airpods, headphones in general.. any circumstance

and short of being at the beach or in your car sunglasses

I wear sunglasses every time it's sunny outside.

How is that weird in any way? You psycho.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #1651 on: August 26, 2019, 12:53:15 PM »
Fuck anyone who wears sunscreen while we're at it.

I actually like airpods. I'm not an apple fanboy but they are great for me. My cord always would get caught on shit, I used headphones for hours every day and they are pretty sick. Plus if they die, you can put it in the charging case for like 10 minutes and get like 2 hours more of juice. But they also work for me because the size works for me, a lot of people don't like the size, or maybe just the look. I think they are sick though.

l_bwoy

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1652 on: August 26, 2019, 01:24:39 PM »
I don’t really have many pet-peeves of my own. I mind my business and lead a “live and let live” lifestyle.

BUT! I do have a few that I feel kinda piss me a broad spectrum of others off:
Racism, bigotry, and sexism in any capacity, as well as self aggrandizing/narcissism, ignorance, and flamboyant or just overly enthusiastic people

And

For fellow hardcore music patrons and moshers: CROWD KILLERS/KILLING and/or targeting. Fucking hate that shit.
Expand Quote
those fucking airpods, headphones in general.. any circumstance

and short of being at the beach or in your car sunglasses
[close]

I wear sunglasses every time it's sunny outside.

How is that weird in any way? You psycho.

And I back that Dan. My corneas are actually permanently sunburned from going so long without eye protection so not only do I back it, but so does my doctor, seeing as he’s the one who recommended I start wearing them as much as I can while outdoors.

And, Intern:
In a skatepark or on footage I can totally understand, but would you prefer everyone that uses headphones just ax them and instead start walking around blasting shitty music off their shitty phone speakers or off a Bluetooth speaker with them everywhere they went? You’re griping about dumb shit, man.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 01:38:48 PM by l_bwoy »

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1653 on: August 26, 2019, 01:52:08 PM »
I don’t really have many pet-peeves of my own. I mind my business and lead a “live and let live” lifestyle.

Racism, bigotry, and sexism in any capacity, as well as self aggrandizing/narcissism, ignorance, and flamboyant or just overly enthusiastic people
I was just going to say the same. This morning I’m taking my break at work and walk in to the break room as the dumbest mother fucker here is mid-story about how badass he was in some bullshit made up situation. On and on about how he got in someone’s face or some shit somewhere and how he told them they have 30 seconds before he calls the cops and he’s at 20 seconds now. He also supposedly told them he was gonna put them on the ground and put his knee to the back of their skull or some stupid shit. This guy is always So full of shit. Nothing he said made him sound cool or anything. He just sounded like the fat kids that say shit like that on elementary school. It weirds me out that people like this exist that lack any self awareness at all. Always talking about how hard he works but straight up sits on the toilet for literally approx 2 hours every day.

Edit: I forgot I actually recorded like a minute of him talking so my girlfriend could listen. It may Sound like bullshit but we are both really perceptive (maybe just judgemental) about people. When we’re shopping we always crack jokes about the kind of person people around us are. “Oh you can tell that guy is the kind of bullshitter that sells cable subscriptions in the electronics section”. Nice stuff like that.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 01:58:44 PM by 50mm »

l_bwoy

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1654 on: August 26, 2019, 03:01:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I was just going to say the same. This morning I’m taking my break at work and walk in to the break room as the dumbest mother fucker here is mid-story about how badass he was in some bullshit made up situation. On and on about how he got in someone’s face or some shit somewhere and how he told them they have 30 seconds before he calls the cops and he’s at 20 seconds now. He also supposedly told them he was gonna put them on the ground and put his knee to the back of their skull or some stupid shit. This guy is always So full of shit. Nothing he said made him sound cool or anything. He just sounded like the fat kids that say shit like that on elementary school. It weirds me out that people like this exist that lack any self awareness at all. Always talking about how hard he works but straight up sits on the toilet for literally approx 2 hours every day.

Edit: I forgot I actually recorded like a minute of him talking so my girlfriend could listen. It may Sound like bullshit but we are both really perceptive (maybe just judgemental) about people. When we’re shopping we always crack jokes about the kind of person people around us are. “Oh you can tell that guy is the kind of bullshitter that sells cable subscriptions in the electronics section”. Nice stuff like that.
Dude I fucking hate that shit! Like, chill bro, we don’t need another story about how much of a fake high school hero you were or how much money you make or how you got in a bar room brawl with all your friends one time. I get some severe second hand embarrassment listening to people go on and on about themselves with stories like that. I’ll let the sarcasm fly when people start doing it and they’re so wrapped up in their own lies and farcical self-perception that they don’t even realize that I’m literally making fun of them straight to their face. It’s kind of astounding, really.

Haha you and your girlfriend sound rad as fuck (no sarcasm). I’m a bit of a people-watcher myself and maybe I’m an asshole, but I’ve usually always got something to say about people. Not like judgemental shit or a making fun of disabilities type thing; but more making fun of their lack of self-awareness or use of good judgement/reason. Usually makes for some pretty comical banter between my friends and I. 

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -332
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1655 on: August 27, 2019, 06:53:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Dude I fucking hate that shit! Like, chill bro, we don’t need another story about how much of a fake high school hero you were or how much money you make or how you got in a bar room brawl with all your friends one time. I get some severe second hand embarrassment listening to people go on and on about themselves with stories like that. I’ll let the sarcasm fly when people start doing it and they’re so wrapped up in their own lies and farcical self-perception that they don’t even realize that I’m literally making fun of them straight to their face. It’s kind of astounding, really.

Haha you and your girlfriend sound rad as fuck (no sarcasm). I’m a bit of a people-watcher myself and maybe I’m an asshole, but I’ve usually always got something to say about people. Not like judgemental shit or a making fun of disabilities type thing; but more making fun of their lack of self-awareness or use of good judgement/reason. Usually makes for some pretty comical banter between my friends and I.
Groans is exaggerated sighs of disbelief, I hate that meathead tough guy shit!  I have been getting retrained with another orderly in the old folks home I work at. I hear some of the dumbest shit ever exactly like this but it is a bar he likes to frequent.

I don't know if he hears my slights and undertones of I don't give a shit & who CCCAAAAAARRRREEEESSSS!!!!!? I told him I skated upon introduction and he proceeded to give me the I use to shpeal and I caught him off guard by just said why aren't you skating now?  I have a board in my trunk? Kids blah blah blah time blah blah blah jobs blah blah blah.

Dueces Bitch's

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1656 on: September 02, 2019, 05:28:11 PM »
When someone on insta cracks the "influencer" thresh hold and they then become a whore and their feed is now nothing but an empty shell of meaningless quotes and  shitty product placements. DW watches fucking suck and having nothing to do anything. If you're gunna get a watch sponsor at least get someone with some decent horological chops!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1657 on: September 02, 2019, 06:03:43 PM »
When someone on insta cracks the "influencer" thresh hold and they then become a whore and their feed is now nothing but an empty shell of meaningless quotes and  shitty product placements. DW watches fucking suck and having nothing to do anything. If you're gunna get a watch sponsor at least get someone with some decent horological chops!
“influencer” makes me want to vomit . i came  across an article the other day about an influencer and it sickened me . i don’t know DW watches but they makes great drum kits . i came across some
nice timex watched the other day , ready to add to my small collection of 3.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #1658 on: September 02, 2019, 06:58:35 PM »
Cashiers who are full of themselves. Starbucks seems to take pride in that. Their employees don’t realize I’m just there to get some coffee and leave. Today, the guy at the Starbucks drive through window told me that the credit card machine was “so tempestuous” because he had to re-insert the card. I didn’t even notice that he had to re-insert the card, and I had to wait a few more minutes for my coffee anyway, so why the fuck are you telling me about the credit card machine? And please don’t call me hun like it’s second nature after using your flashy word-of-the-day for the credit card machine.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1659 on: September 02, 2019, 07:12:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
“influencer” makes me want to vomit . i came  across an article the other day about an influencer and it sickened me . i don’t know DW watches but they makes great drum kits . i came across some

Daniel "vomit" Wellington! Influencers are terrible; I actually really liked this lady's yoga page and she had some great advice/ tips, now she's slinging shitty overpriced watches with 3rd rate Chinese quartz movements and overplayed designs. I'm a fucking watch nerd but I'd never wear a watch when doing yoga. Timex are great -- really good bang for your buck and they have an interesting history.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #1660 on: September 02, 2019, 07:17:29 PM »
Cashiers who are full of themselves. Starbucks seems to take pride in that. Their employees don’t realize I’m just there to get some coffee and leave. Today, the guy at the Starbucks drive through window told me that the credit card machine was “so tempestuous” because he had to re-insert the card. I didn’t even notice that he had to re-insert the card, and I had to wait a few more minutes for my coffee anyway, so why the fuck are you telling me about the credit card machine? And please don’t call me hun like it’s second nature after using your flashy word-of-the-day for the credit card machine.

pet peeve -- people that go to starbucks IN GENERAL. their employees are trained / conditioned to be that way. if there's no other choice on the road etc, fine.

another starbucks just opened up across the street from one of the oldest cafes on my block in NYC.

overheard the other day outside said cafe: "uhhh want to get coffee? (pause) uh...let's just go to starbucks!..."

i wanted to fucking KILL.

Rick_Kane

« Reply #1661 on: September 02, 2019, 07:41:27 PM »
People who want to kill other people because of trivial things like a Starbucks opening in their neighborhood.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1662 on: September 02, 2019, 08:09:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Daniel "vomit" Wellington! Influencers are terrible; I actually really liked this lady's yoga page and she had some great advice/ tips, now she's slinging shitty overpriced watches with 3rd rate Chinese quartz movements and overplayed designs. I'm a fucking watch nerd but I'd never wear a watch when doing yoga. Timex are great -- really good bang for your buck and they have an interesting history.
that’s exactly what i’m looking for a nice casual watch for work , nothing fancy and i like they are made in the usa . I was looking online @ this shop tanner goods and they have a nice selection . I’ll look forward to reading about there history .
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 08:24:21 PM by hangontoyourego »

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1663 on: September 02, 2019, 08:11:38 PM »
People who want to kill other people because of trivial things like a Starbucks opening in their neighborhood.

Look at the bright side, shorter lines.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1664 on: September 02, 2019, 08:23:29 PM »
it’s not the least bit trivial . I despised my “ friends” when they would rather go to blimpie then the local deli . Starbucks will never have the authenticity of some old nyc cafe. I’m glad to know some people here still care about old NY.  Now my town is nothing but a line from a social distortion song
“And I went down to my old neighborhood
The faces have all changed, there's no one there left to talk to
And the pool hall I loved as a kid
Is now a 7-11”

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1665 on: September 02, 2019, 08:33:10 PM »
that’s exactly what i’m looking for a nice casual watch for work , nothing fancy and i like they are made in the usa . I was looking online @ this shop tanner goods and they have a nice selection . I’ll look forward to reading about there history .
what timex did you go with? Lots of classic models out there

Rick_Kane

« Reply #1666 on: September 02, 2019, 08:44:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
it’s not the least bit trivial . I despised my “ friends” when they would rather go to blimpie then the local deli . Starbucks will never have the authenticity of some old nyc cafe. I’m glad to know some people here still care about old NY.  Now my town is nothing but a line from a social distortion song
Is now a 7-11”

Yeah but my beef is with him wanting to kill people over it. Change is the only constant and if you would rather kill than adapt, that's on you.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1667 on: September 02, 2019, 08:44:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I haven’t gotten one yet , i was eyeing up the acadia but then when i looked at the timex site the california is perfect.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1668 on: September 02, 2019, 08:49:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is now a 7-11”
[close]

Yeah but my beef is with him wanting to kill people over it. Change is the only constant and if you would rather kill than adapt, that's on you.
i’d rather kill then adapt . fuck that progressive crap
. ha ha lighten up man someday when you love something and it’s taken away you might have negative feelings . imagine if slap ended and you couldn’t respond ?

Rick_Kane

« Reply #1669 on: September 02, 2019, 08:51:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is now a 7-11”
[close]

[close]
. ha ha lighten up man someday when you love something and it’s taken away you might have negative feelings . imagine if slap ended and you couldn’t respond ?

Go shoot up a school then, you fucking sociopath.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1670 on: September 02, 2019, 08:57:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is now a 7-11”
[close]

[close]
[close]

ha ha jesus man , lay off the starbucks . thanks for the laugh . 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1671 on: September 03, 2019, 12:37:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I haven’t gotten one yet , i was eyeing up the acadia but then when i looked at the timex site the california is perfect.
nice, if I was going to buy a timex, I'd probably pick up a marlin but it's a tad more expensive. If you're looking for a similar style (military field watch-esque) and you're more inclined towards something automatic (and not too pricey) check out the SNK (809, 803 etc,) series from Seiko 5, I have an 803 and it's a great daily beater!

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #1672 on: September 03, 2019, 06:23:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is now a 7-11”
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Sorry I didn’t pitch in earlier before this escalated to death threats. There are no mom n pop coffee places where I live. I’m in a very rural/mountain area. The most OG coffee you can get near me is at a ConocoPhillips gas station. I hope I’m not at risk of being murdered.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1673 on: September 03, 2019, 08:47:43 PM »
👆🏽 i get it , i had some snobby twat look down at me when i told he i had starbucks coffee . where i used to work i had the same dilemma. fuck it sometimes it’s the best option . After living in the bay area i’ve become such a coffee snob so i can’t handle gas station /7-11 coffee anymore

dirty ol man

« Reply #1674 on: September 04, 2019, 01:04:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is now a 7-11”
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Sorry I didn’t pitch in earlier before this escalated to death threats. There are no mom n pop coffee places where I live. I’m in a very rural/mountain area. The most OG coffee you can get near me is at a ConocoPhillips gas station. I hope I’m not at risk of being murdered.

is all this "killing" someone who drinks starbucks drama from my comment?

saying you are "ready to KILL" is a figure of speech lmao jayzus!

of course i'm going to stop at starbucks over gas station coffee on the interstate or something. I'm saying if you have a fucking OPTION in a tight knit urban neighborhood with history and culture, why would you choose starbucks over a place that is one of a KIND. i'm not talking about Midtown Manhattan either people have to do what they have to do to grab a coffee in that hellhole it's not a neighborhood although there are some OG spots.

great social distortion analogy btw. you DO have to fight (in terms of what your dollar supports) to keep a scene or a place alive.

finally if people want essentially a huge icecream as "coffee" that starbucks has -- maybe just go to get a real ice cream or treat. ain't no coffee in that shit anyway.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1675 on: September 04, 2019, 03:55:44 PM »
👆🏽 yes , rickie dickie thought you were serious . i played into it and man he got crazy .

dirty ol man

« Reply #1676 on: September 06, 2019, 08:29:25 AM »
Rickie Dickie -- I WON'T "kill" a starbucks customer. but i'm READY to...

hope this helps

Rick_Kane

« Reply #1677 on: September 06, 2019, 02:21:06 PM »
Rickie Dickie -- I]WON'T "kill" a starbucks customer. but i'm READY to...

hope this helps

Haha, I know you'll never actually DO anything to protect your little hipster enclave from the evils of corpo coffee chains besides complain about it to strangers on the internet, so it's all good bro.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1678 on: September 06, 2019, 02:49:33 PM »
Great one. I only go to Starbucks for an iced coffee when I don’t have all the stuff to make one at home. That’s only during summer because it’s hot as fuck out here. Again I prefer to make them at home.

I’m usually stopping there because we’re headed back from out of town and my girlfriend offers to buy it. There’s one dude who does this shit every time. So much that we start saying his quotes to each other before we get to the window because it’s so fucking horrible we have to get it over with. My girlfriend has to turn and look out the window the whole time he is handing charging us and handing the drinks over because she starts laughing at the predictability.

That guy is nice but annoying as fuck. And the only thing that compares is when I recently ordered and the girl after I ordered goes “I didn’t catch your name”. I’m like what the fuck I’m on the drive thru. I had to laugh and at least she laughed because it was obviously some fucking stupid shit they were making them do for a while.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1679 on: September 06, 2019, 08:11:26 PM »
When I’m given shit for “bailing” on plans when I never agreed to said plans in the first place. You inviting me somewhere doesn’t automatically mean I’m going to agree to going and you giving me shit about not coming only makes me want to avoid you in the future.