Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 286889 times)

dirty ol man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 46
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1680 on: October 01, 2019, 01:16:51 PM »
When I’m given shit for “bailing” on plans when I never agreed to said plans in the first place. You inviting me somewhere doesn’t automatically mean I’m going to agree to going and you giving me shit about not coming only makes me want to avoid you in the future.

right yeah peoples ego's won't allow them to understand their plans don't equate to everyone being ride or die.

you ripping beers on a tuesday  night is not the law for all the homies.

dirty ol man

« Reply #1681 on: October 01, 2019, 01:21:35 PM »
can't be bothered with people "hosting" birthday parties at a popular bar. unless you have a room/space and a tab or some drink special please don't correlate some DJ and a ton of strangers dancing as a success to your "party". if you want to just go out for drink that's one thing but don't be just picking a bar and saying it's your party.

also big birthday dinners can FUCK OFF. someone always is stingy and everyone else gets burned. 40 dollars for one drink and some spares nibbles. some cook orders the steak and i order an appetizer. or some chick ordering "food for the table" that gets ethered before you even get any. it's way too stressful and everyone leaves with a bitter impression. being responsible for collecting money and venmo requesting people who evade is just unacceptable.

uncool old fart

• Rep: 18
« Reply #1682 on: October 01, 2019, 08:35:02 PM »
People who apply their brakes before using their turn signals really piss me off. Think about what you're doing and why for a second, people.
At this point, I think I’ve seen Bam’s penis more than my own.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #1683 on: October 01, 2019, 10:45:19 PM »
can't be bothered with people "hosting" birthday parties at a popular bar. unless you have a room/space and a tab or some drink special please don't correlate some DJ and a ton of strangers dancing as a success to your "party". if you want to just go out for drink that's one thing but don't be just picking a bar and saying it's your party.

also big birthday dinners can FUCK OFF. someone always is stingy and everyone else gets burned. 40 dollars for one drink and some spares nibbles. some cook orders the steak and i order an appetizer. or some chick ordering "food for the table" that gets ethered before you even get any. it's way too stressful and everyone leaves with a bitter impression. being responsible for collecting money and venmo requesting people who evade is just unacceptable.

organising shit for my own birthday stresses me out, i end up leaving it to the last minute and worrying about it when really all i want is a few beers with my close buds and my girl

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #1684 on: October 02, 2019, 04:54:53 AM »
The complete lack of respect that just about EVERYONE shows for the cleanliness of a public bathroom. I deal with this at work every single day, and I work at a professional, Fortune 500 company.

Every time I go in the bathroom, there is either piss all over every toilet seat, or the toilets have been clogged with paper towels.

Who in the actual fuck doesn't know that you can't put paper towels into a toilet? I feel like I work with a bunch of adult children who don't know how to use the bathroom.

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

dirty ol man

« Reply #1685 on: October 03, 2019, 06:51:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

organising shit for my own birthday stresses me out, i end up leaving it to the last minute and worrying about it when really all i want is a few beers with my close buds and my girl

i've always said to my GF, homies, family etc. I just want to do whatever I want for the day. If that's me lighting farts on fire in a candlelit room alone, so be it.

dirty ol man

« Reply #1686 on: October 03, 2019, 06:54:22 AM »
The complete lack of respect that just about EVERYONE shows for the cleanliness of a public bathroom. I deal with this at work every single day, and I work at a professional, Fortune 500 company.

Every time I go in the bathroom, there is either piss all over every toilet seat, or the toilets have been clogged with paper towels.

Who in the actual fuck doesn't know that you can't put paper towels into a toilet? I feel like I work with a bunch of adult children who don't know how to use the bathroom.

I was at Conde Nast for 5 years. There were always horror stories from the women's side. Straight pieces of shit on the floor. I've tried to figure out in my head how that was even possible.

people are just so "above" being responsible for themselves. my main enemy at work, i would witness him tossing paper towels on top of a bin that was overflowing and it would just land on the floor all the time. when we would collect money around the holidays for the janitorial staff (mainly latina immigrants) he would never pitch in.

pee on the toilet seat is just the lowest of the low.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #1687 on: October 03, 2019, 11:57:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was at Conde Nast for 5 years. There were always horror stories from the women's side. Straight pieces of shit on the floor. I've tried to figure out in my head how that was even possible.

people are just so "above" being responsible for themselves. my main enemy at work, i would witness him tossing paper towels on top of a bin that was overflowing and it would just land on the floor all the time. when we would collect money around the holidays for the janitorial staff (mainly latina immigrants) he would never pitch in.

Can confirm.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1688 on: October 03, 2019, 02:46:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Did he say why he wouldn't pitch in? Cheap skate move right there

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #1689 on: October 03, 2019, 02:52:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i've always said to my GF, homies, family etc. I just want to do whatever I want for the day. If that's me lighting farts on fire in a candlelit room alone, so be it.
Fully with these comments. When I was a kid I liked it because a ton of friends would come over and skate all these flat bars and stuff I had.

This year all my siblings forgot and I actually got more bummed seeing how sad that made my mom. I was already so stressed and bummed about turning 30.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #1690 on: October 03, 2019, 02:53:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He doesn’t believe in tipping.

uncool old fart

• Rep: 18
« Reply #1691 on: October 03, 2019, 07:17:38 PM »
This year all my siblings forgot and I actually got more bummed seeing how sad that made my mom. I was already so stressed and bummed about turning 30.

This made me really sad, man. I hope 31 is a better birthday for you.
At this point, I think I’ve seen Bam’s penis more than my own.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1692 on: October 03, 2019, 09:20:23 PM »
People who apply their brakes before using their turn signals really piss me off. Think about what you're doing and why for a second, people.
I flipped out this morning because the two cars in front of me didn’t have their blinkers on so I figured everyone was going forward and yet this Benz put on their blinker after the light turned green “ fuckin’ cocksucker” . People just don’t care about anyone else

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1693 on: October 03, 2019, 11:34:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I flipped out this morning because the two cars in front of me didn’t have their blinkers on so I figured everyone was going forward and yet this Benz put on their blinker after the light turned green “ fuckin’ cocksucker” . People just don’t care about anyone else

This shit drives me insane, especially if I'm running late or whatever

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #1694 on: October 04, 2019, 06:53:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
He doesn’t believe in tipping.

My favorite movie of all time!
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

dirty ol man

« Reply #1695 on: October 04, 2019, 09:25:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

the older you get the more you realize how 80% of people are only aware of the 90% field of view in front of them.

when people have to stop in the middle of a super crowded sidewalk to write a text message or focus and do not sense irate people having to dodge around them in a smaller space...that person HAS to be completely oblivious of all activity beyond their immediate space. it's mind boggling!

people have this mind set of "what's the big deal?" go around me. the big deal is that your action is creating a ripple effect that has an impact on peoples lives. what if you just missed a train to an interview because of some asshole sitting on the subway steps. i want those people to get a beating.

there was this fat asshole walking up the sky bridge after a long ass wait to exit the plane this week, with roller luggage on both sides of him, on the phone walking as slow as physically possible. nobody could get around the fucker, or they were not trying to be rude because he was 60 or something. people have to use the bathroom, make connections etc. no exaggerating stalling over a hundred people and adding a solid minute and a half and anxiety about making connections. can't believe I didn't just scream but i was several behind.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1696 on: October 04, 2019, 07:16:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

the older you get the more you realize how 80% of people are only aware of the 90% field of view in front of them.

when people have to stop in the middle of a super crowded sidewalk to write a text message or focus and do not sense irate people having to dodge around them in a smaller space...that person HAS to be completely oblivious of all activity beyond their immediate space. it's mind boggling!

people have this mind set of "what's the big deal?" go around me. the big deal is that your action is creating a ripple effect that has an impact on peoples lives. what if you just missed a train to an interview because of some asshole sitting on the subway steps. i want those people to get a beating.

there was this fat asshole walking up the sky bridge after a long ass wait to exit the plane this week, with roller luggage on both sides of him, on the phone walking as slow as physically possible. nobody could get around the fucker, or they were not trying to be rude because he was 60 or something. people have to use the bathroom, make connections etc. no exaggerating stalling over a hundred people and adding a solid minute and a half and anxiety about making connections. can't believe I didn't just scream but i was several behind.

[close]
Man , I feel your pain . I finally have learned to just give myself plenty of time in the morning . I take longer routes with less traffic to avoid the selfish humans on the highway .
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 08:05:20 PM by hangontoyourego »

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1697 on: October 04, 2019, 08:20:02 PM »
When bartenders talk too much

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1698 on: October 04, 2019, 10:54:50 PM »
This is one of the few times I liked being talked to by a stranger. It opens up conversation with someone that can be as in depth or shallow as you please. You have what is essentially a captive audience. An audience that invited you to the conversation. It is inherently more comfortable than any other interaction you can have with strangers and I welcome it.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1699 on: October 05, 2019, 02:12:09 AM »
I dont mind bartenders having a chat but i hate that somehow every time im in a bar, some drunk guy finds his way to me to tell me his life story

jimstolz

• Rep: -82
« Reply #1700 on: October 05, 2019, 03:40:16 AM »
When motherfuckers think I make shit up. If I wanted to look cool I would not say the dumb shit that I say. It would be way easier to lie for mass appeal and not rub uptight dorks the wrong way by being myself. Get off my nuts, incels of America. You can't handle the hamb, stay out the mud.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1701 on: October 05, 2019, 05:30:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This is one of the few times I liked being talked to by a stranger. It opens up conversation with someone that can be as in depth or shallow as you please. You have what is essentially a captive audience. An audience that invited you to the conversation. It is inherently more comfortable than any other interaction you can have with strangers and I welcome it.

Yea I for sure enjoy it if they are chill, I'm a big people person. Sometimes though like last night, I just get off work wanna watch the game and grab a beer. This guy was acting too hard to be chummy and pushy.

Haha maybe I should just reword it to "annoying bartenders"

jimstolz

• Rep: -82
« Reply #1702 on: October 05, 2019, 05:53:46 AM »
What annoys me is super hot dark haired bartenders with perfect tiddies and great taste in music who will flirt for two hours and laugh at my shitty jokes and then it's time to go and I'm like oh shit that's her job to be nice to me like that.

I should prolly leave better tips

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1703 on: October 05, 2019, 12:09:21 PM »

this for sure. and also when 40 people attend someone’s birthday dinner and some jack ass takes a picture of everyone at the dinner table smiling at the camera at once. super cringe.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1704 on: October 05, 2019, 03:31:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this for sure. and also when 40 people attend someone’s birthday dinner and some jack ass takes a picture of everyone at the dinner table smiling at the camera at once. super cringe.

whenever i see someone post this shit on insta, i immediately dislike everyone involved, the jackass with the phone always trying to take photos needs to chill

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1705 on: October 05, 2019, 03:49:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

whenever i see someone post this shit on insta, i immediately dislike everyone involved, the jackass with the phone always trying to take photos needs to chill

I’m glad someone else feels the same way.😂
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

dirty ol man

« Reply #1706 on: October 06, 2019, 08:44:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Here’s one. People who post photos of themselves in a group and they are the only one that looks good. This is 90% a chick move. It’s a double fuck you because their flattering image is the focal point that is shamefully enhanced by the unfortunate unflattering photos of others in comparison. It’s actually quite gnar.

dirty ol man

« Reply #1707 on: October 06, 2019, 08:55:30 AM »
I have an enormous catholic family (like 36 first cousins on my moms side who all have babies now by and large). It makes me fear for the earths future how two people could spawn over a hundred offspring in a mere 50 years.

Anyway my one aunt is a nazi about family photos. Sweltering hot summer wedding and just coordinating the most clusterfuck shot with everyone cheesing is hell on earth. Someone has to rip a wise crack and lengthen the time.

Man I am miserable sometimes.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #1708 on: October 06, 2019, 09:37:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I personally hate it when you're at a Mexican restaurant with your family on your big day, and when it is time for you to get your birthday flan your niece won't stop crying until you let her blow out the candle. Then when the mariachi band start singing about my cumpleano my niece keeps trying to yank the sombrero off my head. Like, it's MY special day, bitch!

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1709 on: October 06, 2019, 05:03:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I personally hate it when you're at a Mexican restaurant with your family on your big day, and when it is time for you to get your birthday flan your niece won't stop crying until you let her blow out the candle. Then when the mariachi band start singing about my cumpleano my niece keeps trying to yank the sombrero off my head. Like, it's MY special day, bitch!

happens to the best of us