Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 285001 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1860 on: January 21, 2020, 07:26:41 PM »
The entire fucking system is guilty by association.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

ClownOfTheDay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #1861 on: January 22, 2020, 08:07:16 AM »
People who don't text first and then act like no one talks to them. Just happened to me recently my "friend" never texts me first and wonders why I don't talk to him.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #1862 on: January 23, 2020, 05:32:35 AM »
Got a new one I thought couldn't even exist:

People who leave their dishcloth in the bottom of the sink. Wet. Like who does that? Well my lovely special lady. How hard is it pick it up and squeeze all the water out and leave it to dry somewhere else???

People who don't text first and then act like no one talks to them. Just happened to me recently my "friend" never texts me first and wonders why I don't talk to him.

Been here too.. And some how it's your fault for not keeping in touch...

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1863 on: January 23, 2020, 06:05:15 AM »
When people wake me to see if im still alive because I sleep with my mouth wide open.

Hello got off dope in 02.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1864 on: January 26, 2020, 12:49:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Strangers trying to engage in small talk with me. It's probably been mentioned in this thread but this is my real #1. If I smile and nod but am not feeding into your inquisitions about the fucking weather, please, look down at your phone and pretend we're not standing next to each other like a normal person.
[close]

I went snowboarding last Friday and I had 2 situations like this. The first one was when my buddy and I were getting on the chairlift. This in the Midwest so there weren’t many people there as there were only 5 runs open. There were no lift lines so every group was taking their own chair up. My buddy and I are just about to get on when this 10-12yr old kid comes out of nowhere and gets on in between us. I hate kids, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and didn’t say anything. If he keeps his mouth shut, we are ok. Nope. This little fucker starts interrogating  me like I just murdered his dad. Who conveniently isn’t with him (he was in the bar probably drinking to forgot about the little shit stain out on the slopes). I just stared straight ahead and ignored him. But he just kept on talking. We get off the lift and are talking about how annoying people are, when this guy in his 20’s comes over and says “do you guys do jumps?” In a real sarcastic, stupid fucking tone. He wasn’t trying to make friends or be sociable, he was just being a dumbass. He said something about “doing the rails” when I rode off. What the fuck is wrong people?!?! Don’t come talk me. I don’t know you, and I don’t care if you’ve hit the double black diamond today. Just shut the fuck up, talk to your group of people, and if you do decide to talk to strangers, don’t be a jackass.
[close]

Wow you sound like the biggest kook ever

Ever? 

Ever?

You're an idiot.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1865 on: January 26, 2020, 07:57:58 PM »
People who try to chat with me at the gym.  I'm not always in a good mood/barely awake.  If I go to a bar or a coffee shop, it's because I am in a decent mood.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1866 on: January 27, 2020, 04:01:55 AM »
people who repy to a text by calling.

people who call if you dont message back right away.

people who call.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1867 on: January 27, 2020, 10:05:08 PM »
people that light lighters with their index finger
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #1868 on: January 28, 2020, 05:26:36 AM »
people that light lighters with their index finger
Do people really do that?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1869 on: January 28, 2020, 05:42:18 AM »
When you do a favor for someone and instead of just a simple "thank you" they feel the need to add some kind of "I owe you a _____". Could be a coffee, a beer, lunch, whatever, but whatever it is, they're probably not actually going to come through with it.

If I do someone a favor, it's because I like them, not because I want something in return. I never feel like I'm owed anything. A sincere "thank you" is perfectly acceptable and pretending like you're going to treat someone to something doesn't make the "thank you" any grander of a gesture.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1870 on: January 28, 2020, 06:44:52 AM »
people that say that are usually the ones that feel like they are owed when they do someone else a favor .. jb is also one of my favorite posters because you’re so damn relatable
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #1871 on: January 28, 2020, 08:12:58 AM »
Disorganized coworkers and coworkers who say they want more responsibility but won't do the groundwork.

I'm in the middle of planning a massive event. A coworker wanted to learn how to do the work I do, so our boss said, "Anon, support her doing this event and let her be the face of everything". 2 months ago, this seemed like a great idea.

Fast forward to now, 3 weeks away from the event, it's looking like a massive mistake. She has had several breakdowns and said "I can't do this", I've had to pretty much start from scratch to undo everything she's done and now the client is pissed at our entire team. If this were the first time this happened, cool, but it's really starting to wear me down.

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #1872 on: January 28, 2020, 06:52:00 PM »

people who call.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #1873 on: January 28, 2020, 07:32:29 PM »
Expand Quote

people who call.
[close]
That's my dad you're talking 'bout there buddy!

My pet peeves are people who don't keep it real at work. The majority of the people at my workplace power trip on the public we work for, and the rest play politics and power trip on each other. Luckily I always get compliments from my customers for not being a prick apparently I have a reputation for being very chill and easy to talk to. The only people I have problems with are the managers because they are actually doing a bunch of shady shit to us and I call it out and get everyone fired up about it. It's kinda cool but then it holds me back a little.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #1874 on: January 29, 2020, 12:52:41 AM »
People who dont watch their dogs. I pulled a persons dog off of another dog and their owner because they were too caught up reading a novel. I waited for over 60 seconds for this person but it was escalating rapidly and the dog/owner was backed into a corner. The dog bit me and punctured my hand but thats to be expected since I had to grab it and probably scared the shit out of it.

Just watch your fucking dog at the park, especially when it has a history of aggression. Save the reading and shit for when your at home.

computerdate

• Rep: 18
  • I hope they keep down the price of gas
« Reply #1875 on: January 29, 2020, 02:16:45 AM »
People who always call you “boss”. I know 95% of the time you’re being a patronizing bastard, fuck off

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #1876 on: January 29, 2020, 06:22:18 AM »

people who call.

I'm guilty of this if time is of the essence. For example if I'm already out/ driving and they want to hang. Saves time to just call them to give them the details of what's going on.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #1877 on: January 29, 2020, 07:10:15 AM »

people who call.

Had a phone with a busted screen for a few months back in high school. Whenever I'd get a text, all I could do was to call back and ask them to repeat what they sent me. This was before smart phones, so calling was a bit more acceptable, but still pissed people off haha ;D

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #1878 on: January 29, 2020, 07:59:48 AM »
stop driving around with your high beams on because you're too cheap to fix that burned out low beam, fuckin fuckers

hmmmokay

« Reply #1879 on: January 29, 2020, 08:12:21 AM »
stop driving around with your high beams on because you're too cheap to fix that burned out low beam, fuckin fuckers

I was going to post about this a couple of times but opted not to because I feel like all I do is complain about things related to driving, but this is so annoying. On par with people who drive around with their high beams on in broad daylight; do they not take a second to look at their dash before they start driving around?

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #1880 on: January 29, 2020, 04:05:54 PM »
Expand Quote

people who call.
[close]

I'm guilty of this if time is of the essence. For example if I'm already out/ driving and they want to hang. Saves time to just call them to give them the details of what's going on.

Please dont fuck around with your phone while driving.

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #1881 on: January 30, 2020, 08:19:43 AM »
People who act super smart but can't even get the facts right.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1882 on: January 31, 2020, 07:03:14 AM »
people who cut you off while you're talking. especially at work and they immediately respond with "so that's what i was saying.." and keep talking

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #1883 on: January 31, 2020, 11:22:31 AM »
People who always call you “boss”. I know 95% of the time you’re being a patronizing bastard, fuck off
Dude I hate that. Me and my girlfriend always laugh if someone says that. It's goofy as hell.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1884 on: January 31, 2020, 11:39:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dude I hate that. Me and my girlfriend always laugh if someone says that. It's goofy as hell.
so condescending. Such bullshit

Rohn_mob_joore

• Rep: -24
« Reply #1885 on: January 31, 2020, 02:55:22 PM »
People that pretend to really like the taste of certain beers and beer snobs in general. I’m in San Diego so there’s a shit ton of them. Only time beer tastes good is if it’s after a long skate sesh and I want something cold, any other time I just tolerate it cause it gets me buzzed.

Even bothers me more if people do it with hard liquor, no you do not like the taste of scotch, fuck off.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 02:57:06 PM by Rohn_mob_joore »

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #1886 on: January 31, 2020, 03:29:57 PM »
I've lost a bunch of weight recently, It's neat when my family compliments me on my progress whenever we meet up, but now that it's become how they always greet me at meet ups it has gotten repetitive and a bit annoying.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #1887 on: January 31, 2020, 03:37:01 PM »
People that pretend to really like the taste of certain beers and beer snobs in general. I’m in San Diego so there’s a shit ton of them. Only time beer tastes good is if it’s after a long skate sesh and I want something cold, any other time I just tolerate it cause it gets me buzzed.

Even bothers me more if people do it with hard liquor, no you do not like the taste of scotch, fuck off.
Thank you for being the arbiter of what people are allowed to enjoy or not enjoy with their own mouths.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #1888 on: February 01, 2020, 02:00:44 AM »

you sound young. i didnt like beer when i was 13 either.
Scotch is a drink you dont appreciate till your pallette is a lot older  (or at least it is in my experience)

stick with jack n coke's till your bush fully develops son, youll be alright

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #1889 on: February 01, 2020, 04:58:32 AM »

Yea you haven't been on this earth very long have you? Maybe after your balls drop your taste buds will grow up a bit too. Stick with boones farm till then young man. Godspeed.