Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 285023 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1890 on: February 02, 2020, 10:38:56 AM »
Expand Quote
People that pretend to really like the taste of certain beers and beer snobs in general. I’m in San Diego so there’s a shit ton of them. Only time beer tastes good is if it’s after a long skate sesh and I want something cold, any other time I just tolerate it cause it gets me buzzed.

Even bothers me more if people do it with hard liquor, no you do not like the taste of scotch, fuck off.
[close]

you sound young. i didnt like beer when i was 13 either.
Scotch is a drink you dont appreciate till your pallette is a lot older  (or at least it is in my experience)

stick with jack n coke's till your bush fully develops son, youll be alright
Single malt Scotch is sipped in small portions hence why you see it not being chugged like water or on ice.

Beer to me is like a dank soda you can crush cheap beer and get buzzed Olympia or Rainier Ale or Busch Natural Ice.

Microbrews and other fancy IPA's are meant to be drank 1 or 2 not a case because it tastes fucking disgusting after a shitload.

I think with different liquors and beers cheap you can chug but decent to quality booze you sip or it's a waste of money and booze.
Dueces Bitch's

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #1891 on: February 02, 2020, 11:26:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
people who repy to a text by calling.

people who call if you dont message back right away.

people who call.
[close]

I'm guilty of this if time is of the essence. For example if I'm already out/ driving and they want to hang. Saves time to just call them to give them the details of what's going on.
[close]

Please dont fuck around with your phone while driving.

I was driving to LA Thursday and almost got rear-ended by, coincidentally, one of the higher-ups at my company. I look in my rear view mirror, she's continually slamming on the brakes inches behind me and laughing hysterically each time, followed by looking back down at her phone. Brand new Mercedes and has to hold the phone in her hand on speakerphone.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1892 on: February 03, 2020, 12:02:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
people who repy to a text by calling.

people who call if you dont message back right away.

people who call.
[close]

I'm guilty of this if time is of the essence. For example if I'm already out/ driving and they want to hang. Saves time to just call them to give them the details of what's going on.
[close]

Please dont fuck around with your phone while driving.
[close]

I was driving to LA Thursday and almost got rear-ended by, coincidentally, one of the higher-ups at my company. I look in my rear view mirror, she's continually slamming on the brakes inches behind me and laughing hysterically each time, followed by looking back down at her phone. Brand new Mercedes and has to hold the phone in her hand on speakerphone.

I've had two of my cars get totaled from people rear-ending me, so I pay close attention to my rearview mirror, especially if I have to brake hard. Not that long ago I was in stop-and-go traffic on the freeway and I'm watching the girl behind me staring at her phone while getting dangerously close and not slowing down. I saw her look up and mouth the words "OH SHIT!" while she slammed on the brakes and stopped just inches away from my bumper.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1893 on: February 06, 2020, 09:16:23 AM »
if i order a salad and the vegetables are so big that i have to cut them with a knife.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1894 on: February 06, 2020, 09:44:52 AM »
i feel like that only happens at shitty restaurants so that’s on you
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

cricketclub

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #1895 on: February 06, 2020, 10:45:52 AM »
if i order a salad and the vegetables are so big that i have to cut them with a knife.

Hahaha its even worse when it's hibachi at a Japanese restaurant and there are no knives on the table. I feel like this could be an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1896 on: February 06, 2020, 12:03:59 PM »
i feel like that only happens at shitty restaurants so that’s on you

Oh it's definitely on me, but I'm still going to complain because I'm an American. 

computerdate

• Rep: 18
  • I hope they keep down the price of gas
« Reply #1897 on: February 06, 2020, 10:31:31 PM »
People that always take it out on whoever they’re talking to when they’re in a bad mood
If you call them out on it they get offended like “I’m not mad at YOU”, well you’re talking to ME and you’re being an asshole. I’m not saying you should always fake positivity just to make others comfortable, and if something serious is bothering you it’s understandable, but if you’re just grumpy for no real reason, deal with it like an adult and don’t make others feel like shit

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1898 on: February 07, 2020, 12:34:31 AM »
I'm pretty annoyed with the whole anti-science crowd. Any serious mention of astrology, natural healing, flat earth, etc. garbage sends me to the moon. I remember being a kid and realizing adults were dumb, but I didn't expect my generation to be just as dumb as the previous generation of adults.

I went on a date with a hipster a little while ago and she noted that she had studied astrology for years. I tried to play along, but the whole thing was just absurd.

I was bullshitting with some random woman in the coffee shop the other day and she started in on how she didn't trust "Western medicine" and was now going to a natural healer. I didn't even know what to say to her. I just kind of froze.

A year ago, some adult man at the cafe went in on how the world was flat. For serious, he thought he was "woke" because he now knew the "truth." I asked him why anyone would lie about the world being round and he said, "To take away our religion." I looked at him and said, "You're Catholic. The Catholic Church has no qualms with the sun being the center of our solar system and the world being round," but my comment fell on def ears and he started in on some "experiment" he saw on Youtube.

How do we have free K-12 education but so many people believe the absolute dumbest shit? How has critical thinking become a code word for arrogantly believing in pre-Enlightenment nonsense?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 12:37:54 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #1899 on: February 07, 2020, 05:41:50 AM »
Attention seekers.

hmmmokay

« Reply #1900 on: February 07, 2020, 03:49:57 PM »
Drive thru ATM users who, after they have completed their transaction, continue to sit at the ATM to put away all of their cash/card/receipt or what have you. Put that stuff aside and pull away from the ATM to a parking spot (especially if it’s after hours at the bank) and then do with those things what you will. Especially if there is a line formed. A lil common courtesy.

Ramrod

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1901 on: February 07, 2020, 11:36:26 PM »
People who think their FEELINGS either trump facts, or are facts.
Bring up actual facts and their argument changes.

Also, family lol

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #1902 on: February 09, 2020, 07:43:50 PM »
People that always take it out on whoever they’re talking to when they’re in a bad mood
If you call them out on it they get offended like “I’m not mad at YOU”, well you’re talking to ME and you’re being an asshole. I’m not saying you should always fake positivity just to make others comfortable, and if something serious is bothering you it’s understandable, but if you’re just grumpy for no real reason, deal with it like an adult and don’t make others feel like shit

Well said my man, i know plenty of people like this, im sure i use to be like this but have made an effort to improve these things

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1903 on: February 10, 2020, 10:14:44 AM »
People bad at giving driving directions.

Type 1: says they know where they're going but really don't. "Trust me I used to go there all the time I'll figure it out once we get on the road". Or we could just put that shit in your phone in 20 seconds.

Type 2: gives directions way to late. "Take this exit" while you're in the far left lane, or "oh shit i forgot you were supposed to turn left back there"

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1904 on: February 10, 2020, 12:25:43 PM »
I'm pretty annoyed with the whole anti-science crowd. Any serious mention of astrology, natural healing, flat earth, etc. garbage sends me to the moon. I remember being a kid and realizing adults were dumb, but I didn't expect my generation to be just as dumb as the previous generation of adults.

I went on a date with a hipster a little while ago and she noted that she had studied astrology for years. I tried to play along, but the whole thing was just absurd.

I was bullshitting with some random woman in the coffee shop the other day and she started in on how she didn't trust "Western medicine" and was now going to a natural healer. I didn't even know what to say to her. I just kind of froze.

A year ago, some adult man at the cafe went in on how the world was flat. For serious, he thought he was "woke" because he now knew the "truth." I asked him why anyone would lie about the world being round and he said, "To take away our religion." I looked at him and said, "You're Catholic. The Catholic Church has no qualms with the sun being the center of our solar system and the world being round," but my comment fell on def ears and he started in on some "experiment" he saw on Youtube.

How do we have free K-12 education but so many people believe the absolute dumbest shit? How has critical thinking become a code word for arrogantly believing in pre-Enlightenment nonsense?

Stupidity is never blind or mute and thats a fucking tragedy.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #1905 on: February 10, 2020, 06:26:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Stupidity is never blind or mute and thats a fucking tragedy.
Everything said here is what keeps me up at night.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1906 on: February 11, 2020, 06:25:17 AM »
people who misuse their windshield wipers

NOTHING WORSE than high speed wipers on a dry windshield.. or barely a drizzle... cmon folks.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #1907 on: February 11, 2020, 11:53:31 AM »

NOTHING WORSE than high speed wipers on a dry windshield.. or barely a drizzle... cmon folks.
I got a James Bond windshield wiper technique I’m sure some people have learned. If someone is tailgating you and being an asshole. Use the wipers so that it sprays the water on your windshield. A lot of that shit doesn’t hit the windshield and goes with the airflow landing on the person’s windshield behind you. It’s pretty awesome and has worked every time. But I hit something in my car a while back and the fluid thing is fucked so I can’t do it anymore. It’s especially effective on nice cars. They slow down and change lanes so they don’t get their precious car dirty.

computerdate

« Reply #1908 on: February 11, 2020, 12:39:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I got a James Bond windshield wiper technique I’m sure some people have learned. If someone is tailgating you and being an asshole. Use the wipers so that it sprays the water on your windshield. A lot of that shit doesn’t hit the windshield and goes with the airflow landing on the person’s windshield behind you. It’s pretty awesome and has worked every time. But I hit something in my car a while back and the fluid thing is fucked so I can’t do it anymore. It’s especially effective on nice cars. They slow down and change lanes so they don’t get their precious car dirty.

Does this really work? I’m definitely going to try this

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #1909 on: February 11, 2020, 12:41:09 PM »
on some cars you can just twist the nozzle for the wiper juice to point at, for example, off to the right side of the car, so you can squirt pedestrians who may happen to be your mortal foes

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1910 on: February 11, 2020, 02:18:32 PM »
Yeah spraying the car behind you can be clutch.

Davethedavedave

• Rep: -101
« Reply #1911 on: February 11, 2020, 07:21:42 PM »
Slap message board user authentic_creed_bratton. That guy sucks

Rick_Kane

« Reply #1912 on: February 11, 2020, 07:34:09 PM »

Absolutely. This drives me insane, I wish it wouldn't. Also, people who can't properly place the registration stickers on their plates. Like, they have the month and year stickers reversed or they're on the top when they should be on the bottom. These people are basically advertising to the world that they're morons, incapable of following basic instruction.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #1913 on: February 11, 2020, 08:09:30 PM »
wet weather drivers. I swear the minute a drop of rain comes from the sky everybody forgets how to drive

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1914 on: February 12, 2020, 07:21:54 PM »
wet weather drivers. I swear the minute a drop of rain comes from the sky everybody forgets how to drive
its true. Even the normal commuters day to day same drive every day.. little rain and boom

no name cargos plug

« Reply #1915 on: February 19, 2020, 10:31:31 PM »
Fuckin kids these days who can’t listen to a song all the way through  >:(

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1916 on: February 25, 2020, 03:05:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Stupidity is never blind or mute and that's a fucking tragedy.
Sigh stupidity and ignorance is taught from parents who believe garbage conspiracies. no you're not special and no you aren't woke or aware by your new found revelations. I'm not for internet bullying but jesus christ use that walnut sized turd you call a brain.
Dueces Bitch's

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #1917 on: March 02, 2020, 06:04:32 AM »
People who use the clown emoji in an argument. Like that doesn't justify your post or argument, it just makes you look like you can't think of a decent answer.

hmmmokay

« Reply #1918 on: March 02, 2020, 05:16:21 PM »

Stupid thing to be peeved about but I'm really over this dudes soap commercials taking over my youtube.

computerdate

« Reply #1919 on: March 03, 2020, 12:52:28 AM »

Stupid thing to be peeved about but I'm really over this dudes soap commercials taking over my youtube.

I agree. I hate this lame post-Tim & Eric lite humor that pervades a lot of ads these days. It wants to be subversive so bad but it’s just corny. I know you’re just trying to sell me shit like everyone else, your quirkiness doesn’t make it cute or relatable