Author Topic: post your religion and why  (Read 13226 times)

Sarmiento Subs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -36
post your religion and why
« on: March 27, 2009, 11:11:43 AM »
i believe in God but not every single thing in the Bible like most Christians do because I understand the errors and idiocy of humans and the mistakes they make passing down oral or written works as well as what they lose in translations as well as what people do to justify ideas and theories for their own selves

what about you?  i like a good discussion about serious topics

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: post your religion and why
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 11:18:10 AM »
my man
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

lenny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 11:19:58 AM »
my man.

Sarmiento Subs

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 11:21:15 AM »
please state a reason or say something about your religion

DJ FRESH BEN

• Rep: -3
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 11:28:09 AM »
i believe in God but not every single thing in the Bible like most Christians do because I understand the errors and idiocy of humans and the mistakes they make passing down oral or written works as well as what they lose in translations as well as what people do to justify ideas and theories for their own selves

So what is your religion?
And why?

You didn't state really state it.

I don't have a religion, because I think it's all a big load of horse shit.

lenny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 11:30:07 AM »

hail satan.

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 11:32:26 AM »
my man
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

RaunchyKid

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 11:32:42 AM »
I'm confused when it comes to religion. It sounds weird to say that life was randomly created. At the same time, it sounds ignorant to say that someone or something created everything. If there is a higher being, I guess I'll find out when I die.

I see no reason to believe in something that tells me what to do. I rather live the way I want to. Is there a  single person on this board who hasn't "committed adultery"?

Also, I feel like religion was created for people. Religion scares people from murdering and doing horrible deeds because they think they will go to "Hell". So, people try to lead a good life to get into "Heaven" or achieve salvation.

Other than that, I feel like religion has been the biggest cause for violence and ignorance.

Sarmiento Subs

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 11:33:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hail satan.

good enough ha

Expand Quote

[close]

So what is your religion?
And why?

You didn't state really state it.

I don't have a religion, because I think it's all a big load of horse shit.

i didnt really state it because i dont think it has an official term, you just got filter out the bs from the truths you find as you live out your life and come to the best conclusions you can

why - because it seems the most logical thing to do, i would abandon all conclusions but i feel it helps you mentally to try to tackle things same thing applies to the beginning of the universe and everything else

DJ FRESH BEN

• Rep: -3
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 11:37:50 AM »
Filter out the BS from where?

Sarmiento Subs

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 11:42:13 AM »
I'm confused when it comes to religion. It sounds weird to say that life was randomly created. At the same time, it sounds ignorant to say that someone or something created everything. If there is a higher being, I guess I'll find out when I die.

I see no reason to believe in something that tells me what to do. I rather live the way I want to. Is there a  single person on this board who hasn't "committed adultery"?

Also, I feel like religion was created for people. Religion scares people from murdering and doing horrible deeds because they think they will go to "Hell". So, people try to lead a good life to get into "Heaven" or achieve salvation.

Other than that, I feel like religion has been the biggest cause for violence and ignorance.

this is a great post, i find that i believe in God a lot because i prefer to live in a universe that was sparked by a purpose rather than by accident, idk if that makes sense

like i said i dont believe in something just because it was told or written, i dont believe the way my parents do for instance about people and the universe, i prefer science because it is based on factual evidence (and scientific theories evolve* based on new findings, instead of being stubborn) and logic, and i dont see how the existence of God should have any interference at all with evolution, people want to view things to literally and think that one thing has to contradict another when in reality they should try to figure out how everything could mesh together

some people are just stubborn in that way though, i would rather view God as making the spark that turned into the giant inferno that is our universe today, no matter how far back it goes, even if it means he created the giant blobs they talked about with m theory that would smack into each other creating big bangs, even if you just view God, not as a human with genie powers, but as the true purpose for everything that unfolds from an existing infinite universe, then so be it

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 11:59:21 AM »
at this point in my life i usually choose not to share the problems i see in religions with people who subscribe to them and here is why. there are two possible outcomes of this kind of conversation, i'm right or you're right. and let's assume that either of us "being right" not only means that what you believe is true but also that you have compelling, convincing reasons to back that up with.

if you're rigth then there wouldn't be any harm to sharing my views. i burn for all enternity and you get to chill at the worlds illest toga party.

however if i'm right then there's a moral problem from my standpoint. i believe that people who have true faith get salvation whether they are right or wrong. the whole game of religion is basically to answer the impossible question of "what happens after we die" and then making people feel good about the answer. being of your faith would give you a lot of comfort on your death bed and an easy passing that i'll never be able to have. so assuming that i'm right, what would i stand to gain by convincing you besides taking away the comfort that your faith provides you?

i'd much rather that people of faith get to enjoy the sheild that their beliefs provides them than to take that away just to prove that i'm right about something. who really wants to be the asshole that runs around and tells every kid that he meets that santa doesn't exist?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:01:49 PM by Sleazy »

Sarmiento Subs

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 12:03:51 PM »
i agree with you sleazy, and ive been around dying folk and the religious ones are always at more ease and peace about it for that very reason

however, as far as me personally, i dont use religion to justify the ends of my life, i like it to provide purpose to the beginning of the universe and therefore everything in it, and i dont believe that bad people should get salvation over good people who have a different standpoint on religion

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 12:05:32 PM »
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 12:09:15 PM »
I'm agnostic, it's not that I don't believe there could be a god, I just need some sort of scientific or tangible proof. And de-nouncing evolution just straight up bugs me.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 12:09:44 PM »
i agree with you sleazy, and ive been around dying folk and the religious ones are always at more ease and peace about it for that very reason

however, as far as me personally, i dont use religion to justify the ends of my life, i like it to provide purpose to the beginning of the universe and therefore everything in it, and i dont believe that bad people should get salvation over good people who have a different standpoint on religion

well in the words of my baptist friend who's a local church leader

"you don't have a god, you're your own god..."

religion isn't an buffet where you can grab the things you want and leave the others behind. nothing wrong with the beliefs you're putting forward, but you may be posing on the relgious front just a bit.

Sarmiento Subs

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 12:17:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

well in the words of my baptist friend who's a local church leader

"you don't have a god, you're your own god..."

religion isn't an buffet where you can grab the things you want and leave the others behind. nothing wrong with the beliefs you're putting forward, but you may be posing on the relgious front just a bit.

if you're your own god then you should be able to pick and choose, and im not picking and choosing things from all religions or anything, there are just many things in organized religions that are false, much less debatable, so why not skip out on them in the "buffet" you are speaking of, i like things from the scientific standpoint and there are things that coincide with those things for me so i guess i "pick" them or wtf ever

i dont see how i could be posing on any religion when i wasnt claiming any i am just confused by your entire post, if i was claiming Christianity 100% and then said I don't believe whatsoever in the universe and earth being created in 7 24 hour periods (most Christians seem to think that a day automatically means 24 hours since the universe revolves around them anyways) then maybe you could make that claim

CeeyMar

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 12:28:28 PM »
Xenu or die.

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 12:29:38 PM »

for real

EDIT. I don't practice really, but my parents do. From what I've seen, its more about community than it is God. You can be quaker and not believe in God/Jesus.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:31:53 PM by Canuck »

Sarmiento Subs

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 12:33:08 PM »
what all do they do for the community? im not hating im really just asking i dont know any quakers personally is all

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 12:36:56 PM »
what all do they do for the community? im not hating im really just asking i dont know any quakers personally is all

Its kinda cool. My parents roof was fucked up years ago. They were tight on cash and couldn't fix it, so some people from the 'meeting house' helped fix it up for nothing. Now whenever these people need helps my folks hook it up.

Also, there big hippies.

Sarmiento Subs

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 12:39:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Its kinda cool. My parents roof was fucked up years ago. They were tight on cash and couldn't fix it, so some people from the 'meeting house' helped fix it up for nothing. Now whenever these people need helps my folks hook it up.

Also, there big hippies.

well sounds like you were right about it being a community thing, doesnt seem like a religion at all, seems more like a code of ethics or something

sounds like you got a good neighborhood if people are that nice that would never happen around here

Brewseph

• Rep: 56
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 12:47:33 PM »
George Carlin on religion..

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 12:55:24 PM »
George Carlin on religion..

/end thread

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 01:00:43 PM »
carlin pretty much sums it up. i love the whole "gods plan" angle.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 01:12:37 PM »
religion is something that i have no interest in whatsoever. i have no desire to believe in anything, or to not believe in anything. if other people didnt bring it up, id probably never even think about religion, god, or anything like that.

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 01:26:21 PM »
^ yah, i agree.

i don't care if people believe in whatever though, as long as they're not dicks about it.

sal23

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 01:29:08 PM »
religion is something that i have no interest in whatsoever. i have no desire to believe in anything, or to not believe in anything. if other people didnt bring it up, id probably never even think about religion, god, or anything like that.

agreed
I just get super annoyed when people try to push theirs apon me..

Religion is a personal experience dont try to push your beliefs on me..

I always would get weirded out when friends would try and convince me to go to their churchs with them for 1 night
and when i'd ask give me a few reasons why. they couldnt do it. and even when they did, it would be extremely vague.
something along the lines of "you should you might learn something" or some bull shit

CeeyMar

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 01:32:52 PM »
Speaking of religion.

Today in my world religion class some girl was going on about how we can only be this smart because god allowed us to be this smart, that's why animals are so dumb. She said we are smart because we can talk and she compared deaf people to animals........

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2009, 02:09:30 PM »
agnostic. not saying there is a god or isn't, not enough proof for me to put belief into something.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius