Author Topic: heavy metal thread  (Read 275772 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: heavy metal thread
« Reply #1320 on: January 24, 2016, 06:47:14 AM »
napalm is so good live, barney has more energy than motherfuckers half his age

I heard so much different opinions about their live performance. But the people saying bad things were not really big grindcore fans.
One of my biggest fails of all time was when Napalm played at this fest called "caos emergente" that was in my mothers hometown (20mins car trip) and becoming one of the biggest metal fests in Portugal. That year had Behemoth and some more big bands playing. I was like 16 or 17 at the time and really wanted to go but didnt had money to buy the tickets. Then after about one month i am talking with my unkle that lives in that town and he says he was the doors man at the fest and i could have entered for free if i wanted. Damn, i was so bummed! The fest changed places the next year and now is extint.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

chirs

• Rep: 1
  • i have diarrhea every single day
« Reply #1321 on: January 26, 2016, 07:45:00 PM »

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1322 on: January 27, 2016, 01:40:00 PM »
I hope I can post this here as well :

The official videoclip from my band "After us, the Flood" - The first track of "Aether" to be released on CD and vinyl through Debemur Morti Productions February 2016.

I play bass and do all of the visuals...

www.facebook.com/hemelbestormer

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 01:43:32 PM by DISTANT RUMOURS »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1323 on: January 27, 2016, 03:47:19 PM »
Dude--you're getting a release on Debemur Morti?  That's amazing!  I love that label.  Blut Aus Nord is one of my favorite bands ever and Debemur Morti has been releasing great versions of all of their releases.  Congrats!

EDIT: Speak of the devil, I just saw this No Clean Singing link pop up on Facebook:
http://www.nocleansinging.com/2016/01/27/an-ncs-premiere-hemelbestormer-after-us-the-flood/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 06:47:31 PM by oyolar »

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1324 on: January 28, 2016, 11:11:33 AM »
napalm is so good live, barney has more energy than motherfuckers half his age

I've seen them about a dozen times and I've never left disappointed. I'm going to see them in April with The Melvins and Melt Banana, a lineup I couldn't have picked better myself.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1325 on: January 28, 2016, 11:41:26 AM »
Dude--you're getting a release on Debemur Morti?  That's amazing!  I love that label.  Blut Aus Nord is one of my favorite bands ever and Debemur Morti has been releasing great versions of all of their releases.  Congrats!

EDIT: Speak of the devil, I just saw this No Clean Singing link pop up on Facebook:
http://www.nocleansinging.com/2016/01/27/an-ncs-premiere-hemelbestormer-after-us-the-flood/

Cool thanks :-0! Sick review, I never expected that. I was super nervous to post the new stuff.

Yeah DMP is a sick label, very cool people and they have high standards as well. Artwork had to be top notch, decent production etc. They don't( and won't) do half assed stuff.

Anyway Im almost positive that its the blut aus nord guys that are running Dmp.

Psyched to finally get the record out, because it really took blood , sweat and tears...

Take care,

Kev

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1326 on: January 28, 2016, 01:13:59 PM »
Full disclosure that I haven't had a chance to listen to the track yet, but that's on my end.  I definitely will.  I usually give every DMP band a chance if I haven't heard of them.

Yeah, Vindsval is such a fascinating character in my eyes.  He's one of the few people that I think has really accomplished the whole unknown, reclusive artist aura that a lot of black metal musicians go for.  It doesn't seemed forced with him, although it probably helps that all of his interviews have been very well-thought out and he consistently produces top-noth, interesting music.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's helping run DMP.  It would make some sense.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1327 on: January 31, 2016, 04:38:11 PM »
Fuck yeah DISTANT!! Great stuff as always... From artwork to sound everything is top notch! Posted it on my facebook wall. I hope to catch you live in amplifest some day.  ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1328 on: January 31, 2016, 05:40:43 PM »
Just gonna leave here some dope portuguese stuff that i want to show you guys (they are all related in some way too):

SINISTRO. Heard this song yesterday and holy shit. I always heard about this project but never paid full attention to it, silly me. Post-metal, sludge and a touch of sweetness that creates a whole new thing. I had chills all over my body listening to it.
They will be in tour with Cult of Luna and signed with seasons of mist so i'm waiting for them to blow up on the scene.

BESTA. Grind/Powerviolence/Crust-punk with that HM-2 guitar tone that everyone should love. With the guitarrist and drummer of Sinistro. One of the most explosive live bands you can see, just pure adrenaline pumping through your ears. I love them.

WE ARE THE DAMNED. Same guys as besta but the guitarrist is vocalist in this one. They play that called "EntombedCore" (trap them, black breath, etc...). They were one of the first Portuguese bands i really got into, in the beggining when they still had a girl in the voice (Sofia, a sweatheart woman that becomes the devil when she picks the microphone).

EAK. Old Band of Besta's singer, Paulo Rui, one of the best people in the portuguese scene. Love this guy. A hell of a front man too. I loved this band so fucking much, makes me sad they arent around anymore, never got to see them live. A strong mix of Sludge metal and Hardcore, they call it "MuscleCore", i agree. ahaha

Last ones: VAEE SOLIS and LODGE. Two projects of Sofia, old singer of we are the damned. The first one, Vaee, is Blackned Doom, slow and heavy, the other, Lodge, is Blackned Punk-HC with strong influences of Converge and bands along that. She's a great person and a hell of a vocalist so check it out.
https://vaeesolis.bandcamp.com/album/adversarial-light
https://lodge.bandcamp.com/releases

I got some more stuff but those should be enough for a while. Sorry for the spam guys. haha

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #1329 on: February 01, 2016, 01:17:30 AM »

how did I miss this thread  ???

The official videoclip from my band "After us, the Flood" - The first track of "Aether" to be released on CD and vinyl through Debemur Morti Productions February 2016.

wow, really really awesome! great stuff!

I, too, am a big fan of Vindsval and BAN.

He provided drum patterns for my favorite record of 2015 - A Northern Meadow by Pyramids. Check it out:

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1330 on: February 01, 2016, 12:22:50 PM »
THANKS! Really appreciate it. It was not easy to record the album. We play in a really heavy tuning and the producer was going crazy because the notes were so heavy that they would "fluxuate" and started to sound "off" when we were hitting notes that had to resonate... Pretty frustrating. But it turned out pretty good in the end.

I had never heard of pyramids before, but I'm digging it.
The erie guitars are great and I love the vocals.
It's a bit shoegazey from time to time :-)

I'm going to dig a little deeper when I have the time. Thx for the tip! Always cool to get to know new music.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1331 on: February 01, 2016, 12:24:18 PM »
Fuck yeah DISTANT!! Great stuff as always... From artwork to sound everything is top notch! Posted it on my facebook wall. I hope to catch you live in amplifest some day.  ;)

Wow, THANK YOU! :-)

Yeah amplifest would be awesome to play. Always a great line-up!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1332 on: February 02, 2016, 05:44:54 AM »

how did I miss this thread  ???

Expand Quote

[close]

wow, really really awesome! great stuff!

I, too, am a big fan of Vindsval and BAN.

He provided drum patterns for my favorite record of 2015 - A Northern Meadow by Pyramids. Check it out:

Pyramids was maybe the first "strange" metal band i've heard... Back when they released their self-titled album. I read about them in the first metal magazine I bought, i was 14 at the time i guess. I was mezmerized by the cover with the mooses and the colorful triangles (still one of my favourite covers ever), but the music was just something i couldnt understand at the time, years later i got into it finally. Great band, and that last album is really mesmerizing.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1333 on: February 02, 2016, 10:37:13 AM »

This new album is really good.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1334 on: February 02, 2016, 01:34:50 PM »
Hell yes!

Conan is awesome. And megaheavy.

Funny how friendly and down to earth Jon is. When we were playing with them, he was already messaging me with nerdy geartalk 2 weeks before the show, Cool guy :-)

Also curious for the new slomatics record.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #1335 on: February 03, 2016, 12:09:54 AM »
Will be seeing Conan in summer, I have high expectations.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1336 on: February 06, 2016, 12:36:57 PM »
Sk.A.T.A.N. - Really liked that Besta song.

DISTANT RUMOURS - Really liked your video as well, which says a lot because I'm normally not a fan of doomy metal.  But it had a really cool atmosphere and the visuals fit perfectly.

Not sure if you guys have had much of a chance to listen to some of the Icelandic black metal bands coming out (I know I'm behind but have liked everything I've heard so far), but here's an interesting article that taks about a lot of them: http://grapevine.is/mag/feature/2016/02/05/9944685/

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #1337 on: February 29, 2016, 04:50:45 PM »
The recent video of the punks fighting the Klan reminded me that Inepsy existed and were fucking awesome.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #1338 on: February 29, 2016, 05:24:01 PM »
Thought yall might appreciate this. Lyle's technicality is insane...

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 610
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1339 on: March 02, 2016, 06:47:47 PM »

https://nightkin.bandcamp.com/

Some buddies of mine released their first full-length digitally last week. Relatively straightforward "blackened" death metal with some Swedish style melodies peppered throughout. Some really dumbfounding drums and guitars at work here. Featuring ex-members of The Black Dahlia Murder and The Red Chord, without particularly sounding like either.

Distant Rumors, I'll check out your 15 minute song sometime when I have 15 minutes.

chirs

• Rep: 1
  • i have diarrhea every single day
« Reply #1340 on: March 03, 2016, 10:51:25 AM »
Seeing Slayer tonight and Taake tomorrow, so fucking hyped! I had tickets to see them last year and their Visa's got revoked or some shit and they had to cancel the tour.

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1341 on: March 03, 2016, 12:10:28 PM »
Master of Puppets is 30 years old today. Worthy of a mention.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:51:11 PM by IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1342 on: March 05, 2016, 09:28:56 AM »
I always forget you have friends from some fairly big bands, Bobby.  I'll check that out in a few.

Any NYC pals going to the Pig Destroyer/Full of Hell/Cloud Rat show this Friday in Williamsburg?  Im going to be up there that weekend to see some friends and go to that.

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #1343 on: March 09, 2016, 12:29:10 PM »
Hey Distant Rumor

I saw that you guys are playing Roadburn this year. You must be stoked!

I'll be there Thursday through Saturday, hope I'll catch your show.

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #1344 on: March 10, 2016, 04:44:10 PM »
i'll be at the piggy show tomorrow, probably wearing a kvelertak shirt

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1345 on: March 11, 2016, 07:59:04 PM »
i'll be at the piggy show tomorrow, probably wearing a kvelertak shirt

Sweet dude. I'm wearing a red button down shirt and navy Huf dylan.s in case you see this.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1346 on: March 12, 2016, 09:38:16 AM »
https://nightkin.bandcamp.com/

Some buddies of mine released their first full-length digitally last week. Relatively straightforward "blackened" death metal with some Swedish style melodies peppered throughout. Some really dumbfounding drums and guitars at work here. Featuring ex-members of The Black Dahlia Murder and The Red Chord, without particularly sounding like either.

Distant Rumors, I'll check out your 15 minute song sometime when I have 15 minutes.

That riff at 2:07 on "Disgusting Cycle of Futility" made my balls explode. Fuck. Great album all around!

Also, talking about Kvelertak, what you guys think of their new single?

I'm disapointed as fuck. Kvelertak is one of my favourite bands since they released their first Album (I have their Logo as a huge patch on the back of my "battle jacket" ahah). They were such a breath of fresh air on the scene. It was like Turbonegro playing Black metal songs! Meir wasnt as good as the first but it was cool still. Now this, i cant enjoy it knowing this was the band that made my adrenaline meter rise up. They're ditching their black metal soul for some dad rock sound, and i dont dig it. 

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #1347 on: March 13, 2016, 03:55:07 PM »
oyolar sorry i didnt see it till it was too late! not sure if you saw me in the crowd but im sure you enjoyed the show because those motherfuckers killed it!

that kvelertak song is pretty underwhelming, some dude in the youtube comments suggested playing it at 1.5x speed and it makes the song so much better, hopefully the rest of the album is good

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1348 on: March 14, 2016, 12:28:29 PM »
oyolar sorry i didnt see it till it was too late! not sure if you saw me in the crowd but im sure you enjoyed the show because those motherfuckers killed it!

that kvelertak song is pretty underwhelming, some dude in the youtube comments suggested playing it at 1.5x speed and it makes the song so much better, hopefully the rest of the album is good

A friend of mine said it sounds like a van halen song and its so spot on i started laughing.

This month is being a great one for Grindcore lovers. New Rotten Sound and Gadget records.
I'm a huge Rotten Sound fan but i'm still new to Gadget. What a melt facing album they got here, got the me hooked on the first listening:

(first song is with Mark Greenway of Napalm Death)

Rotten Sound are like the sons of Nasum and i just love them... Always shredding everything to pieces with the buzzsaw.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #1349 on: March 18, 2016, 05:19:42 PM »
Just came back from Sunnata show, it was great. Kind of like a heavier, more metal Kyuss. Bought a shirt too, I havent done that in a long time.