Author Topic: heavy metal thread  (Read 275744 times)

Huell Howser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
Re: heavy metal thread
« Reply #1380 on: January 11, 2017, 01:21:51 PM »
Expand Quote
one of the all time gr8s!

[close]
Too many people don't know how correct you are.
:D

corrupted are one of the best sludge/dooms bands of all time. its been raining in socal all week so I think its a good time to throw on el mundo frio start to finish

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1381 on: January 11, 2017, 01:35:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

corrupted are one of the best sludge/dooms bands of all time. its been raining in socal all week so I think its a good time to throw on el mundo frio start to finish

Not trying to gloat (ok maybe a tiny bit) but have you ever seen them live?  it's hypnotic and mind-blowing.

I was lucky enough to be at this show, I still watch it from time to time just to remind myself how awesome it was.

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1382 on: January 12, 2017, 09:50:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Not trying to gloat (ok maybe a tiny bit) but have you ever seen them live?  it's hypnotic and mind-blowing.

I was lucky enough to be at this show, I still watch it from time to time just to remind myself how awesome it was.

I saw them in Seattle probably about a week before the date you posted. I just so happened to be there for work a few days, it was meant to be. The stuff of dreams.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1383 on: January 13, 2017, 10:36:38 AM »
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu i did not :( honestly didn't get into them till right around that time(probably 2009) and I was so bummed to see they had literally just came through with asunder. </3

I did see noothgrush a few years back with dino on vocals and it was fucking amazing. i would kill to see em again. my neck was so sore the next day from the steady head banging hahah

The_9

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1384 on: January 13, 2017, 05:16:12 PM »

The_9

« Reply #1385 on: January 16, 2017, 12:22:45 PM »
With all this talk of Corrupted I'll just leave this here

http://www.nocleansinging.com/2017/01/10/an-ncs-premiere-friendship-bottomless-pit/#more-119987

http://friendship.thebase.in
https://friendshipcollective.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.instagram.com/friendshipcollective/

Friendship. From Japan - heavy as fuck. Album due 27/2 on Sentient Ruin Laboratories. Enjoy
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 12:25:42 PM by The_9 »

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1386 on: March 03, 2017, 09:23:02 AM »
Om suddenly clicked so hard with me over the past month or so in like a meditative zoning out kind of way as cheesy as it sounds. Have not tried listening to them in years and now I am bummed because they just came through a few months ago and I missed em :'(

Live Fast Johnny

« Reply #1387 on: March 03, 2017, 04:26:30 PM »
New Power Trip that came out last week is wild.  Finally got a decent mix down.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1388 on: March 22, 2017, 01:53:56 AM »
Well... this is my band.

If you like AMENRA, YEAR OF NO LIGHT, ISIS... you're probably going to dig this as well.

Currently signed to debemur Mortie Productions (blut aus Nord, year of no light etc...).
And next year we'll step up it a notch...

I play bass for the band and do ALL visuals.

www.facebook.com/hemelbestormer

themoustache

• Rep: 26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1389 on: March 22, 2017, 07:12:39 PM »
Om suddenly clicked so hard with me over the past month or so in like a meditative zoning out kind of way as cheesy as it sounds. Have not tried listening to them in years and now I am bummed because they just came through a few months ago and I missed em :'(

Listening to OM's first album after a decent spliff got me LEVELED on their shit.  Monster riffs on repeat that literally tell a story both through the tripped out poetic lyric chanting, and the structure of the sound...when they transition into a climatic point, you understand why a 17 minute song is worth sitting through start to finish.  Shit is so sonically fulfilling.  Listening to a lot of free solo jams from bands like Earthless definitely set my musical scale a few notches to the left, so OM is an excellent corollary sound in a totally different light.  Really awesome to see how Sleep took the red pill and evolved into this completely alternate sound who's roots you can still hear and understand.  Huge fan - would be a trip to see them live.  Fingers crossed they make a Boston tour sometime in the future.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1390 on: April 06, 2017, 08:23:58 AM »
hell yes, "sonically fulfilling" is the perfect way to describe Om's sound. will be using that to try and sell friends on em haha

been back on a carcass binge lately. they really have not put out any bad material throughout their career which is so tough to do as a metal band. also carcass>napalm death no questions asked

« Reply #1391 on: April 06, 2017, 12:27:15 PM »
hell yes, "sonically fulfilling" is the perfect way to describe Om's sound. will be using that to try and sell friends on em haha

been back on a carcass binge lately. they really have not put out any bad material throughout their career which is so tough to do as a metal band. also carcass>napalm death no questions asked

From Enslavement to Obliteration>All of Carcass' discography, and this is coming from someone who is also a bigger Carcass fan.
Also, World Downfall>Every other Grind album ever produced.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1392 on: April 06, 2017, 01:05:42 PM »
damn maaaaan, made me throw on from enslavement. i haven't listened to this in forever it feels like. still rips definitely

don't think i've ever really listened to terrorizer but have seen their name around forever. i feel like i have a comp LP with a bunch of 90s grind/pv bands and they're on it. something reality? i forget. but yea this is good stuff too

« Reply #1393 on: April 06, 2017, 05:29:54 PM »
damn maaaaan, made me throw on from enslavement. i haven't listened to this in forever it feels like. still rips definitely

don't think i've ever really listened to terrorizer but have seen their name around forever. i feel like i have a comp LP with a bunch of 90s grind/pv bands and they're on it. something reality? i forget. but yea this is good stuff too
Huh. The only Powerviolence comps I can think of w/ Reality in the name are the Deep Six Reality comps, but none of them have Terrorizer on them (put out a bit later). There was an Earache comp in the late 80s w/ the big Earache bands, Grindcrusher. All of the previously mentioned comps fucking rule though. I think Infest is on all of the Reality ones, and Grindcrusher's bands choice is 100% obvious in the best way (Bolt Thrower, Morbid Angel, Intense Degree, Terrorizer, Carcass, Napalm).

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1394 on: April 07, 2017, 09:04:16 AM »
okay yea looking back at it is definitely way more on the 90s pv/crust/hc side of things: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Reality-Part-3/release/714340

for some reason i thought it had more grind bands on it. I recently listened to and dug more into that earache comp. so many great bands on that label

« Reply #1395 on: April 09, 2017, 04:03:14 PM »
okay yea looking back at it is definitely way more on the 90s pv/crust/hc side of things: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Reality-Part-3/release/714340

for some reason i thought it had more grind bands on it. I recently listened to and dug more into that earache comp. so many great bands on that label

Tons of sick bands people don't seem to talk about much too. Obviously, metalhead's assholes are placed crassly over Morbid Angel/Bolt Thrower/Napalm/Entombed/Carcass' dicks, but where's the Fudge Tunnel, Lawnmower Deth, Intense Degree, Confessor, or Nocturnus love?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #1396 on: June 05, 2017, 04:36:35 PM »
I've been in to this album more than anything all year.
you never know about pre-cum 

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1397 on: June 06, 2017, 08:35:03 AM »
gonna peep this in a bit^

woke up with an urge to bump reign in blood front to back today. got to work after going on slayer's website realized it's national slayer day today 6/6 lol

saw candlemass a few weeks ago and they were fucking rad even without the original vocalist

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1398 on: July 25, 2017, 05:03:01 PM »
how did I not know about the existence of this album?

that's pretty fucking face melting for 1986!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

« Reply #1399 on: July 25, 2017, 07:08:27 PM »
how did I not know about the existence of this album?

that's pretty fucking face melting for 1986!
I have no idea, man. All of their albums from "Endless Pain" to "Coma of Souls" are fuckin classics, and even some of their more recent stuff (not the 90s Gothic/Industrial crap) are pretty solid. Definitely the best German Thrash band.
If you're into that, check out Protector's "Golem". A bit later to the party compared to Kreator, Destruction and Sodom, but seriously fucking underrated.

Also, The best female fronted Metal band ever?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1400 on: July 27, 2017, 07:51:46 AM »
How have I never heard of this band? I feel like I've known a little bit about post punk for a while now and still never even came across them. They're like a funky Joy Division with some Gang of Four sprinkled on top.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1401 on: July 27, 2017, 05:16:29 PM »
I have no idea, man. All of their albums from "Endless Pain" to "Coma of Souls" are fuckin classics, and even some of their more recent stuff (not the 90s Gothic/Industrial crap) are pretty solid. Definitely the best German Thrash band.
If you're into that, check out Protector's "Golem". A bit later to the party compared to Kreator, Destruction and Sodom, but seriously fucking underrated.

I mean I knew of the band (scary metal chicks in my high school used to wear their shirts) but I never though they'd be that brutal, always just assumed they were some 3rd tier band that you listened to when your Metallica tape wore out and you weren't really a fan of anthrax. Shit is crusty AF! Will check out that protector album, I'm not a full-on metalhead or anything but I do love me some good thrash!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

« Reply #1402 on: July 27, 2017, 08:32:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I mean I knew of the band (scary metal chicks in my high school used to wear their shirts) but I never though they'd be that brutal, always just assumed they were some 3rd tier band that you listened to when your Metallica tape wore out and you weren't really a fan of anthrax. Shit is crusty AF! Will check out that protector album, I'm not a full-on metalhead or anything but I do love me some good thrash!
Honestly, go for it. All of their 80's output is gold, despite their weak band name. Also:

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1403 on: July 28, 2017, 06:38:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Honestly, go for it. All of their 80's output is gold, despite their weak band name. Also:

You'd probably dig any of those bands that they call "teutonic thrash" (aka German thrash)... bands like Sodom and Poison.  Kreator were the cream of the crop.

To me that "death thrash" sound is the one that still sounds vicious.  
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 04:39:31 PM by bea! »

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #1404 on: July 28, 2017, 02:31:52 PM »
I've been obsessed with this album for a couple months now.

"Dripping - Disintegration of Thought Patterns During A Synthetic Mind Traveling Bliss "

even the steven

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1405 on: July 28, 2017, 04:44:21 PM »
^ that was trippy. reminded me of a cheesier deathcore version of this old oc band called gasp:

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #1406 on: July 28, 2017, 06:35:16 PM »
^ that was trippy. reminded me of a cheesier deathcore version of this old oc band called gasp:

Very interesting. i am mainly into bdm and slam but i can't leave this alone. I'm pretty sure this came out before deathcore was even a thing, makes it more special
even the steven

« Reply #1407 on: July 28, 2017, 10:48:30 PM »
One of the best albums of the 90s.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1408 on: July 29, 2017, 09:15:32 AM »
Slayer on Fallon. 

Haven't cared about anything they've done post-Seasons, but this sounds pretty spot on.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/07/slayer-fallon-raining-blood.html

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1409 on: August 02, 2017, 08:43:26 PM »
Lately been listening to some of my favorite primitive death metal albums.  These always get me pumped: