Author Topic: news, new videos, contests  (Read 1646 times)

whiteley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
news, new videos, contests
« on: April 17, 2009, 08:59:02 AM »
i don't know how often you guys check the news feeder on the homepage, but i posted some topics yesterday and today that i haven't seen talked about on the boards and you might want to check out- the debut of a new Hi-Fi wheels video today at noon PST on their site, also including a new Ben Gore part; at Matix a mini-interview with Mike Anderson and a contest to win a Manderson package with clothes, shoes, boards and more, plus a new video from a Matix Europe tour; episode 6 of the Guy Mariano Epicly Laterds, and a bunch of other stuff . I'm not trying to call attention to these specifically, just letting you know there's usually some links like this on the home page so you might want to check there regularly...

manu

• Rep: -100
Re: news, new videos, contests
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 09:16:55 AM »
thank you

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 09:29:25 AM »
I check it every once in a while.

biggums mcgee

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 09:49:45 AM »
I'd be checking it more if I wasn't on dial-up...short-story photos were great...got jonah's as me new background!

Doctor Newton

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:00:22 AM »
I'd be checking it more if I wasn't on dial-up...short-story photos were great...got jonah's as me new background!

That's one thing great about the mag being online, right now I have Caswell lien disaster as mine.

Thanks for the heads up whiteley - that Hi-Fi promo was fuckin amazing, so I'm glad you reminded us about the vid!

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 10:35:26 AM »
cool.
and speaking of backgrounds, we just added a section on the home page (up in the slider/feature section) called Wallpapers where you can download photos to be backgrounds on your computer. sounds like you guys know how already, but this makes it easy...

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 12:28:03 PM »
i don't know how often you guys check the news feeder on the homepage, but i posted some topics yesterday and today that i haven't seen talked about on the boards and you might want to check out- the debut of a new Hi-Fi wheels video today at noon PST on their site, also including a new Ben Gore part; at Matix a mini-interview with Mike Anderson and a contest to win a Manderson package with clothes, shoes, boards and more, plus a new video from a Matix Europe tour; episode 6 of the Guy Mariano Epicly Laterds, and a bunch of other stuff . I'm not trying to call attention to these specifically, just letting you know there's usually some links like this on the home page so you might want to check there regularly...

I'm looking forward to that HiFi video.  It says something about a full length promo.  If it's a promo... how can it be full length?

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 02:54:52 PM »
promo as in promotional as in not for sale. full-length promotional video. is there a length minimum to be considered "full length"? i think this one is like 16 minutes...

My name is Ari Penis-Gold and my penis is also in my mouth.

• Rep: -3658
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 03:07:34 PM »
whitely,
how can past contributer to Slap, Strawberry fields forever, get a product review on slap...a real one.

posted a thread for fun and it jus keeps goin---

ari evan

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 03:09:22 PM »
promo as in promotional as in not for sale. full-length promotional video. is there a length minimum to be considered "full length"? i think this one is like 16 minutes...

Ah... I didn't think about it that way.  What about something like Two World Industries Men or Tim and Henry's Pack of Lies?  Those weren't full length vids but they were for sale.

I hope a couple DVD copies are floating around.  I hate watching 16 minutes of footage on my computer.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 03:58:55 PM »
were the two world men/tim&henry vids actually called promos? can't recall for sure although i think they were. good point.
i'd guess they'll make some dvds, but watching on the computer was easy. it's good quality, not pixeled out.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 04:26:21 PM »
were the two world men/tim&henry vids actually called promos? can't recall for sure although i think they were. good point.
i'd guess they'll make some dvds, but watching on the computer was easy. it's good quality, not pixeled out.

"Tim and Henry's Promotional Video"

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 04:32:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This whole skateboard industry marketing and branding is just so darn confusing.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 05:18:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This whole skateboard industry marketing and branding is just so darn confusing.
Describing "Am" to non-skateboarders is really frustrating.
"So he's not sponsored then?"
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 08:35:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Especially since a lot of Ams get money not just product. I think in most sports once you get a paycheck you're considered professional.

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 05:30:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Especially since a lot of Ams get money not just product. I think in most sports once you get a paycheck you're considered professional.

Shits like baseball

Major Leagues - Pro
Triple A - Am
Double A- Flow
Single A - Bro/Rep Flow