Author Topic: Cant keep runnin' awayyyy  (Read 3589 times)

Lakai or die

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Cant keep runnin' awayyyy
« on: July 21, 2006, 07:52:35 PM »
Shit, The Pharcyde were so good. I dont know why but I completely forgot about labincalifornia and bizarre ride 2 and now checking them again I realized how fucking great these guys were. The stuff Jay Dee produced (Runnin', Drop, etc.) is just simply fantastic, as well as they rest of their shit. It's too bad Fatlip had to get crazy into drugs and fuck up Pharcyde as a group, but I guess it's better off that way. Groups from the mid 90's rarely ever make it into the next generation (De La Soul, as well as a few others, bridged the gap) but damn they were good.

Just reminscing

Re: Cant keep runnin' awayyyy
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 11:39:36 AM »
My crew opened up for them a few years back.....that was fun.....but by then Tre had left the group also.....I partied with those dudes in Seattle before that....with the Living Legends,Moka Only and a bunch of local Seattle heads.....that was a crazy night...I had nowhere to go or sleep...so I drove around and found a place to sleep in the car.....a 1973 Plymouth Scamp....fuckin' a.

sergio

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 07:27:17 PM »
they are playing with miri ben-ari & the roots in new haven, ct pretty soon. for $17 at the door. good deal if you ask me

lord vince

• Rep: 0
  • "How many cakes we bake?" (one)
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 11:13:43 AM »
dont sleep on J-Sw!ft aka John Martinez's production on bizzare ride.  He'd prolly be a top 10 producer right now if he didnt get addicted to crack halfway through the album.  I know  he has a autobiography or book out right now but i can't remember the name of it for the life of me. 

They fell off hoard after labcabin though.  Check out slim kid tre's album its kinda dope.

Lakai or die

• Rep: -1
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 11:19:51 AM »
dont sleep on J-Sw!ft aka John Martinez's production on bizzare ride.  He'd prolly be a top 10 producer right now if he didnt get addicted to crack halfway through the album.  I know  he has a autobiography or book out right now but i can't remember the name of it for the life of me. 

They fell off hoard after labcabin though.  Check out slim kid tre's album its kinda dope.

J-Swift has a documentary coming out soon about his crack addiction called "One More Hit"

lord vince

• Rep: 0
  • "How many cakes we bake?" (one)
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 11:22:11 AM »
word, thats what it was.  My homie told me it was rather good.

JohnC

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • AUSTIN 3:16
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 11:30:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

J-Swift has a documentary coming out soon about his crack addiction called "One More Hit"

hahahahahaha

hardcore ufos

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 12:43:57 PM »

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 10:30:30 PM »
The mini documentary on Phat Lip on the second disc of the Spike Jonze Music Videos Dvd is really funny

The Laps of Alps.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 12:54:06 PM »
his little clip in jackass that was from that documentary was sick, him sliding down the escalator onto his ass..

hahaha fatlip said his newest album is shit, said it was just garbage he made and he was drunk damn near the whole time
ive yet to hear it all though

vanilladutch

• Rep: 2
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 11:14:11 AM »
Yeah that last FatLip album was pretty disappointing...Spike Jonze's brother (Squeak E. Mouse or someshit) produced most of it...both Pharcyde albums were great top-notch production and ill lyrics...it really makes me realize how so much rap is HORRIBLE nowadays

The Laps of Alps.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 12:08:34 PM »
squeek e. clean, he did the last yeah yeah yeahs album too