Author Topic: for all you indy lifers, why is that your choice?  (Read 10633 times)

alrightythen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
Re: for all you indy lifers, why is that your choice?
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2009, 08:45:51 AM »
now you are just being childish

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2009, 08:54:04 AM »
now you are just being childish

Fuck off. Have you skated thunders after skating indys for a long time? I have, and you feel the difference

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2009, 11:30:01 AM »
maybe turningwise but not in weight. plus i am watching cops right now so your argument is invalid

spare change

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2009, 01:09:21 PM »
Working at a shop and having weighed every truck out there on our postage scale, I'd say thunder skylights would be the lightest.
Problem with the forged base plates is that they're thinner and therefor slightly lower.
I've always ridden indys, tried just about everything out there though.
I wanted to like ace, but it just didnt feel right.
If I skated anything else it would be thunder.

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2009, 02:52:28 PM »
maybe turningwise but not in weight. plus i am watching cops right now so your argument is invalid

You idiot

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2009, 04:23:20 PM »
i want to like indys, but the last 2 pairs ive had have bent, never thought it would happen but it did
i will always stay true to thunders, best truck imo

that's exactly how i felt. i decided id give it one last go; turns out my third pair has stood up to the high regard that so many people have for them.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2009, 07:42:24 PM »
this is off topic but some dude told me krux is made in the same factory as indy is this true? it doesnt matter but...

and i ride indys basically because what everyones already said they turn bangin, i never realy paid attention to the weight and they just feel like they should be on ur board.

BDY

• Rep: -16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2009, 09:29:17 PM »
love indys and bones bushings had my busings in three sets of trucks now so i never have that break in period just straight to shredding when i set a new pair up. i put my old indys on a cruiser and swapped the new indy bushing sin there and they feel good on the cruiser. indy must have changed up the formula and i like it
I WASNT BEFORE AND IM STILL NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2009, 02:21:24 AM »
weight only matters when you're under 16
exactly

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2009, 06:53:36 AM »
Expand Quote
weight only matters when you're under 16
[close]
exactly

Say that to this guy

WWD4D?

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2009, 01:10:03 AM »
So about the replacement indys set I was talking about earlier on in this thread, I just axled slipped them today. Only the back truck though. This makes it the third set of indys in a row that I have axle slipped. I have no idea what's going on, but I've never had this big of a problem with Indys up until just recently. I don't remember the axle slip problems with the truck being this bad. Maybe I somehow just got three bad sets in a row? Hmmm... Who knows. The slip isn't even that bad really; The trucks are still skateable, it just gets really annoying having to smack my axles back into place after every session or two.

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2009, 06:00:35 AM »
there must be something wrong man. i have had indys nonstop the last few years and havn't axle slipped since like - 3 years ago. Do you leave your board outside at night? live in a very cold place? something your doing is fuckin your trucks. are you really fat and only skate freestyle/primos?

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2009, 07:49:18 AM »
only 16 year olds care about axle slip
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

WWD4D?

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2009, 12:50:15 PM »
there must be something wrong man. i have had indys nonstop the last few years and havn't axle slipped since like - 3 years ago. Do you leave your board outside at night? live in a very cold place? something your doing is fuckin your trucks. are you really fat and only skate freestyle/primos?
Hah, nah, I'd say I'm the right weight for my age/height, and no I'm not into that freestyle/primo stuff, don't leave my board outside either. I always bring it back into the house. I wouldn't say that I accidentally let the board land primo a lot, but it does happen from time to time. I'm as confused as you are. I've skated indys pretty much since I started skating, and this just started happening recently. Like I said, maybe just three bad sets in a row?
Like i said earlier, it just gets really annoying having to smack your trucks back into place after every session or two. The trucks are still skateable, it just gets annoying, having to check my board everytime after I accidentally land primo to make sure that my wheel isn't locked up.

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2009, 12:55:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hah, nah, I'd say I'm the right weight for my age/height, and no I'm not into that freestyle/primo stuff, don't leave my board outside either. I always bring it back into the house. I wouldn't say that I accidentally let the board land primo a lot, but it does happen from time to time. I'm as confused as you are. I've skated indys pretty much since I started skating, and this just started happening recently. Like I said, maybe just three bad sets in a row?
Expand Quote
[close]
Like i said earlier, it just gets really annoying having to smack your trucks back into place after every session or two. The trucks are still skateable, it just gets annoying, having to check my board everytime after I accidentally land primo to make sure that my wheel isn't locked up.
you must have been really unlucky in that case. did you buy the three sets from the same shop? maybe its the whole shipment that is fucked?

WWD4D?

« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2009, 01:19:19 PM »
Yeah, that might be it for all I know. The first set was from a different shop, and I had them for awhile before there was even a sign of a slip, but the last couple of sets have been from the same shop, and they started slipping in a month or sooner.

sage

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2009, 01:22:57 PM »
I've ridden krux, Indies, venture, and now I'm riding my first pair of thunders. I rode indy for a good year, and ventures for about two years, and I wish I'd been skating thunder the whole time. These things are fucking nice. Probably wrong thread to post this in but I just wanted to get that out there.