Author Topic: Wallenberg Contest News! No Malto, No Sheckler (sic)  (Read 14853 times)

ChildoftheGhetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Wallenberg Contest News! No Malto, No Sheckler (sic)
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2009, 04:51:46 AM »
Look at all the ams that have done something recently down carlsbad .Pretty much everyone that has done something down carlsbad is super famous now, and the people that have done shit down wallenburg still don't matter. The only two that people care about are cole and reynolds, maybe darrell, but everyone else is broke and lame.

nkarasch

• Rep: -29
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2009, 05:01:10 AM »
Look at all the ams that have done something recently down carlsbad .Pretty much everyone that has done something down carlsbad is super famous now, and the people that have done shit down wallenburg still don't matter. The only two that people care about are cole and reynolds, maybe darrell, but everyone else is broke and lame.

almost nobody has landed stuff down wallenberg though. What has been done down it since that contest? backside flip by reynolds, 360 flip by cole and shuv it melon by jeremy reeves. reynolds is already famous, and got the cover of thrasher. coles popularity blew up and I still hear kids talking about that 360 flip, and jeremy reeves trick was kinda a joke anyway. when rumors of that willow guy bigspinning it came out the buzz was everywhere, and it was just a rumor. if somebody went and switch tre'd it or hardflipped it they would get a lot of attention. In my mind at least

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2009, 05:35:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^Jeremy Reeves did it with a grab
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If Sheckler is so bad, why wouldn't you want to see him lose legitimately? Being stoked that he's "required" not to show up means that you're probably just stoked that he can't show up and crush all of your favorite shitty pros... and fyi I doubt Etnies could "require" him to do anything.

Personally I want to see what the kid could do either at Wallenberg or at LOVE. I'd love to see this board's reaction if he showed up Pappalardo and decided to switch kickflip it hahahaha.
[close]

I'll tell ya what the board's reaction would be - it would be similar in tone to that of a jealous teenage girl. A lot of whining and delusion. Dudes getting absurdly picky about the legitimacy of his tricks, even though they'd be godly if anyone else threw 'em down. The PALS care that much about image. This is just one of their weird ways that they show it.
[close]
You come off as a jealous teenage girl. You got rejected by most for being so stupid and have started talking shit as if you hate them, but really, its you venting the frustration of being rejected. Look at all of your posts, you always reference what you think others think, and then say you are better.

I'm glad Sheckler won't be there, not because I care who wins or loses. I really don't care at all. What I want to see is skateboarders I like trying  gnarly shit on a crazy gap. I don't like Sheckler, and he has the potential of doing a trick that I wanted to see somebody else doing, and taking that experience away from me.
[close]

That's probably the worst, most unfounded (not to mention illogical) psychoanalysis I've ever seen.

I'd say "nice try", but it really wasn't. More like "desperately reaching at straws that aren't there" type shit. Sad.
[close]
That's not psychoanalysis. You reek of rejected and bitter. You don't need a PhD to figure it out.

See? This is that jealous teenage girl shit. They make shit up because that's all they (you) got. Hell, this very thread doesn't even support what you're saying. Show me where I "say I'm better".

Uh huh. Yep. You're reduced to making shit up because I've obviously struck a nerve with you. Truth hurts... some people.

Thanks for proving my point, that was easy!

Tommes

• Rep: -30
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2009, 05:46:36 AM »

I agree with nkarasch. Carlsbad is definitely a proving ground and made loads of people famous.
But as kids get better I think Wallenberg is just gnarlier.
Agreed not much went down there and some of the tricks people couldn't care less about, no amtter how hard they are ( KF Melon) because they don't like the dudes.
Still I think Wallenberg is gnarlier.
what? where? why? huh?

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2009, 07:31:47 AM »
i can't even remember the name of the dude that did the inward heel down carlsbad in the vox video, but then again i didn't even think felipe ortiz was that good until i saw him stick that 360 kickflip down it. still, dudes in la skate carlsbad for fun if you search it up on youtube.

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2009, 07:56:30 AM »

the fact that you dont care about gerwer doesn't mean that the rest of the world feels the same way.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2009, 08:23:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^Jeremy Reeves did it with a grab
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If Sheckler is so bad, why wouldn't you want to see him lose legitimately? Being stoked that he's "required" not to show up means that you're probably just stoked that he can't show up and crush all of your favorite shitty pros... and fyi I doubt Etnies could "require" him to do anything.

Personally I want to see what the kid could do either at Wallenberg or at LOVE. I'd love to see this board's reaction if he showed up Pappalardo and decided to switch kickflip it hahahaha.
[close]

I'll tell ya what the board's reaction would be - it would be similar in tone to that of a jealous teenage girl. A lot of whining and delusion. Dudes getting absurdly picky about the legitimacy of his tricks, even though they'd be godly if anyone else threw 'em down. The PALS care that much about image. This is just one of their weird ways that they show it.
[close]
You come off as a jealous teenage girl. You got rejected by most for being so stupid and have started talking shit as if you hate them, but really, its you venting the frustration of being rejected. Look at all of your posts, you always reference what you think others think, and then say you are better.

I'm glad Sheckler won't be there, not because I care who wins or loses. I really don't care at all. What I want to see is skateboarders I like trying  gnarly shit on a crazy gap. I don't like Sheckler, and he has the potential of doing a trick that I wanted to see somebody else doing, and taking that experience away from me.
[close]

That's probably the worst, most unfounded (not to mention illogical) psychoanalysis I've ever seen.

I'd say "nice try", but it really wasn't. More like "desperately reaching at straws that aren't there" type shit. Sad.
[close]
That's not psychoanalysis. You reek of rejected and bitter. You don't need a PhD to figure it out.
[close]

See? This is that jealous teenage girl shit. They make shit up because that's all they (you) got. Hell, this very thread doesn't even support what you're saying. Show me where I "say I'm better".

Uh huh. Yep. You're reduced to making shit up because I've obviously struck a nerve with you. Truth hurts... some people.

Thanks for proving my point, that was easy!

chhhh.  shut up slut.  you're fat and ugly, and I heard you sucked like ten dicks at dave's party

furby and bachinsky will spit roast wal

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2009, 09:31:05 AM »
Regardless of people's fame on Wallenburg, whoever lands anything in this new comp will be famous or more famous then they already are. This competition is so hyped up right now.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ccc333

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
  • ohyeah
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2009, 10:02:22 AM »
I hope furby shows up with his vulcan hair and lands everybody else's trick and then beams his way out.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2009, 12:32:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the fact that you dont care about gerwer doesn't mean that the rest of the world feels the same way.
Let me rephrase it, no one outside of slap cares about gerwer. Slap is like a cult, it's the only place where mike mo and p rod aren't seen as the best skateboarders.

thumbhead

• Rep: 14
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2009, 12:51:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
honestly, not too bummed about sheckler showing. the only thing i could see him trying is a backside flip which is abd... the rest of his bag is all indoor park stuff, so nothing exciting about seeing him at wallenberg

Malto on the other hand had the possibility of switch flipping it... if nothing else i'd love to see someone carcass switch at wallenburg.
his hardflips aren't that bad either... but those seem like a trick that's not too easy to get distance on... but i guess we'll never know...

or will we?
[close]

pretty sure jayme fortune stuck a switch flip in some digital down the burg like 3 or 4 years ago..  i know i saw it but can't remember which video.  didn't land, but made it all the way and slipped out.
[close]
In the credits of sane. You dudes are definitely over estimating how big it is. Jayme does't even skate big shit and almost made it to the end, furby or mike mo would probably switch flip first try.
[close]

if switch flip would come that easy to them they would of already done it plus a lot more. how come we've never seen either of them skate the burg... oh cause its long as fuck. maybe in a comp... even that's pushing it. if anyone's going for the switch flip i'd love to see cromer get it.

[close]
No one skates it because you're not going to be super famous for doing something down it. Carlsbad makes you more famous than wallenburg.
skateboarding is about being famous....   and rap videos.....

Dr. Newton 2.0

« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2009, 02:32:24 PM »
It is absolutely regular to try to compare Wallenberg to Carlsbad. For starters, the ground at Wallenberg is way fucked up, and the gap itself is a lot longer and a lot less tall (comparatively). That's why you see technical shit going down at Carlsbad (Brandon Turner's switch hardflip, Jim Greco's nollie 360 cab flip bullshit, etc.), and you see more simple tricks going down at Wallenberg (kickflip melon, popshuv it grab etc.)

nkarasch

« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2009, 02:37:45 PM »
It is absolutely regular to try to compare Wallenberg to Carlsbad. For starters, the ground at Wallenberg is way fucked up, and the gap itself is a lot longer and a lot less tall (comparatively). That's why you see technical shit going down at Carlsbad (Brandon Turner's switch hardflip, Jim Greco's nollie 360 cab flip bullshit, etc.), and you see more simple tricks going down at Wallenberg (kickflip melon, popshuv it grab etc.)

We werent really debating how much harder wallenberg is to skate, that is a given. We were talking about which brings more attention/fame to skateboarders that stick tricks down them. Yeah you are right though

Dr. Newton 2.0

« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2009, 02:46:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We werent really debating how much harder wallenberg is to skate, that is a given. We were talking about which brings more attention/fame to skateboarders that stick tricks down them. Yeah you are right though

Oh, my bad. I misread your postings.

Carlsbad has definitely had more people do shit down it, but only because it's an easier gap to skate. There have been plenty of no-names to do shit down it (Brandon Turner shut the thing down for years, and look at how big he is right now) also. Wallenberg also has a lot of fags doing shit, because only a kook like Danny Gonzales would think to kickflip melon something.

sal23

« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2009, 02:49:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Oh, my bad. I misread your postings.

Carlsbad has definitely had more people do shit down it, but only because it's an easier gap to skate. There have been plenty of no-names to do shit down it (Brandon Turner shut the thing down for years, and look at how big he is right now) also. Wallenberg also has a lot of fags doing shit, because only a kook like Danny Gonzales would think to kickflip melon something.

doing a kickflip melon down wallemberg first try makes you a fag?

interesting
 ::)

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2009, 04:41:28 PM »
wallenburg is waaaaaaay gnarlier than carslbad you cant even compare the 2. That lil greg myers shit, switch backside flipped carlsbad and no one gave a fuck, if someone did perfect switch backside flip like that down wallenburg people would literally shit their pants... thrasher would have to hand out a free ''depend'' with every issue.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2009, 05:24:47 PM »
kickflip melon before anybody else had done any fliptrick over it at all is pretty gnar. The reason it gets hated on is because Phelps had a field day talking shit on grabbing down it and clowned Danny Gonzales non-stop. The reason Phelps hated on it was because Danny Gonzales sued Thrasher for putting his likeness on the cover of the video game without his permission. Since he never tried to sue me, I'll give Danny his due and say that was pretty gnarly.

I think we all can agree wallenberg is gnarlier and landing something down it is a bigger deal than carlsbad. Lets not get to insane over it. Yes I see the irony in me saying this.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2009, 05:28:19 PM »
Wallenburg is bigger, but people still don't care. Why do you think kids go skate carlsbad? because they think they're about to get famous. If kids ever realize this about wallenburg, i guarantee more shit will go down.

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2009, 05:32:24 PM »
wallenburg is waaaaaaay gnarlier than carslbad you cant even compare the 2. That lil greg myers shit, switch backside flipped carlsbad and no one gave a fuck, if someone did perfect switch backside flip like that down wallenburg people would literally shit their pants... thrasher would have to hand out a free ''depend'' with every issue.

hell yeah they would. haha i loved how Greg Myers had a dc ad switch backside flipping carlsbad when Ryan Gallant did that shit in the DC video 5ish years ago.
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

sal23

« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2009, 05:32:40 PM »
Wallenburg is bigger, but people still don't care. Why do you think kids go skate carlsbad? because they think they're about to get famous. If kids ever realize this about wallenburg, i guarantee more shit will go down.

and how would they skate it?
im pretty sure johnny who gives a fuck, cant just show up to wallemburg with a roll in...

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2009, 05:36:45 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]

hell yeah they would. haha i loved how Greg Myers had a dc ad switch backside flipping carlsbad when Ryan Gallant did that shit in the DC video 5ish years ago.
Instead of thinking about how silly or dumb DC is, maybe try rewatching the DC video. That's Chris Lambert doing it regular as a friend in the section.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2009, 05:37:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

im pretty sure johnny who gives a fuck, cant just show up to wallemburg with a roll in...
HAHAHA That's probably the reason random kids don't skate it. If it was more accessible, more shit would be done down it.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2009, 05:50:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
HAHAHA That's probably the reason random kids don't skate it. If it was more accessible, more shit would be done down it.
i'll agree with that statement. it would suck to go through the trouble of setting up a roll in and then after one or two tries you realize that your trick isn't happening. that's probably why most people don't even bother with it.

invasionskates

• Rep: -1
    • Invasion Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2009, 07:15:43 PM »
I want to see DONGER do 1 ollie down it.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2009, 07:16:59 PM »
Up It!

invasionskates

• Rep: -1
    • Invasion Skateboards avatar image

Tommes

• Rep: -30
what? where? why? huh?

nkarasch

« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2009, 12:07:24 AM »
If Danny Wainwright or whatever went fast enough I guess he could ollie up the 3, would probably need to be pulled by a dragster or something to get the speed. I do not understand how people can have 40"+ ollies

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2009, 12:59:58 AM »
(Jim Greco's nollie 360 cab flip bullshit, etc.),
damn i mustve missed that one

GnArcIsSisTic

« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2009, 02:25:38 AM »
I hope furby shows up with his vulcan hair and lands everybody else's trick and then beams his way out.

BAHAHAHA

that's pretty good...

but i think yeah, whoever lands anything during the contest will blow up. if they're an am, possibly pro status.

and as far as the wal vs. carlsbad... wal is a high speed carcass toss while 'bad is parachute skating
one is more fun to watch
deal with it